Mask vs Manhattan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Who pulls off a win.

Universal Quantum Power

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--naXoWdLv--/182eih8nuhm1ujpg.jpg

vs

Toonforce

relentless1
Manhattan, sure mask could manipulate reality to a certain degree but it was always benign, also he could only use his abilities at night. Manhattan on the other hand was a badass who could create life (or so he claims) and he blew ppl up like nobodys business. Manhattan wins easy.

theTANTALIZER
Toon Force wins!! Take for example, If Batmite or Mr. MXY meets Dr. M they would absolutely turn his reality into 2 dimension and confuse his logic of things.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by theTANTALIZER
Toon Force wins!! Take for example, If Batmite or Mr. MXY meets Dr. M they would absolutely turn his reality into 2 dimension and confuse his logic of things.

The words smartest termite poses no more of a thread then the worlds smartest man.

DM could care less, he sees as he all time simultaneously.

FrothByte
The Mask wins. As powerful as Dr. M is, his powers seems to work within the physics of this world. Quantum physics. The mask is not limited by this.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by FrothByte
The Mask wins. As powerful as Dr. M is, his powers seems to work within the physics of this world. Quantum physics. The mask is not limited by this.

Manhattan sends him to the Sun.

Mask dies.

Manhattan de atomizes him

Mask dies

FrothByte
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Manhattan sends him to the Sun.

Mask dies.

Manhattan de atomizes him

Mask dies

Manhattan sends him to the sun: The Mask wears sunglasses, a swimsuit and sunbathes.

Manhattan de-atomizes him, the Mask reforms himself as a shirt for Manhattan.

Mask dies, he kicks Manhattan's butt as a ghost.

theTANTALIZER
The Mask will just turn the whole environment to cartoon verse and Tazmanian Devil smack Manhattan in a Dora Dora series. His logic will be corrupted since he will not understand the nature he is in. Dr. M does not know anything about cartoon physics. Don't forget the Mask can manipulate reality beyond the laws of physics.

Time Immemorial
Nah

Time Immemorial
Manhattan sends him to the sun: The Mask wears sunglasses, a swimsuit and sunbathes.

Manhattan de-atomizes him, the Mask reforms himself as a shirt for Manhattan.

Mask dies, he kicks Manhattan's butt as a ghost.

Mask has zero ability to kick his butt as a ghost, and where is the ghost of the mask?

If he BFR him to the sun, there is some things even toonforce cannot survive.

TheVaultDweller
In terms of pure potential of what the mask could theoretically do, the wearer should be able to beat Manhattan if they fight cleverly. But none of the actual movie Mask wearers have shown feats to suggest that they have the imagination to pull it off. Not to mention the wearer who has displayed the best durability while wearing the Mask in the movies is a friggin' Jack Russel.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
In terms of pure potential of what the mask could theoretically do, the wearer should be able to beat Manhattan if they fight cleverly. But none of the actual movie Mask wearers have shown feats to suggest that they have the imagination to pull it off. Not to mention the wearer who has displayed the best durability while wearing the Mask in the movies is a friggin' Jack Russel.

Unless the mask can destroy the universe and the universal quantum field, how can he destroy Manhattan?

carver9
The Mask stomps.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
The Mask stomps.

Thats your baby argument, shall we begin like men?

Or you just being a a bit rustled after Hulk got his ass kicked here.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t605092.html

carver9
Thats your baby argument, shall we begin like men?

Or you just being a a bit rustled after Hulk got his ass kicked here.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t605092.html

Lol...mask can do pretty much anything. Don't see him losing outside of someone like Bruce Almighty.

Time Immemorial
Lol...mask can do pretty much anything. Don't see him losing outside of someone like Bruce Almighty.

Can he make a weapon to destroy the universe as well as the quantum field?

Unless so, Mask loses.

Utrigita
Stalemate is imo the most likely scenario.

theTANTALIZER
Can Dr Manhattan create a 2 dimension universe with out logical sense? If not then Manhattan loses his insanity. Originally posted by Time Immemorial

Unless so, Mask loses.

FrothByte

Unless so, Mask loses.

Manhattan took years to make that device. Mask can instantly make multiple machine guns out of thin air.

Time Immemorial
Manhattan took years to make that device. Mask can instantly make multiple machine guns out of thin air.

The guns were fake and didn't work.

Manhattan made a machine with human technology available at the time to replicate his power.

Insane feat.

TheVaultDweller
Unless the mask can destroy the universe and the universal quantum field, how can he destroy Manhattan?

Well, that's the thing. The Mask's powers don't operate on any level of logic or physical laws etc. It works purely by imagination, which is what makes it so dangerous.

For example, Stanley is a bank clerk who probably knows jack shit about weaponry. Yet, as the Mask, he made a black balloon turn into a proper tommy gun that fired real bullets, simply because that's what he wanted, or imagined, should happen at the time. He didn't need to have any understanding about the mechanics of what he was doing.

So, like I said, the Mask's wearer should theoretically be able to pull of some insane feat, like whip up a machine to take Manhattan's powers away, if they had the imagination to do so, without needing to know how such a machine would even work. But, like I also said, none of the wielders have shown the level of imagination in order to do this. So, as things stand, I don't see any of the movie wearers actually winning.

FrothByte
The guns were fake and didn't work.

Manhattan made a machine with human technology available at the time to replicate his power.

Insane feat.

Pretty sure at multiple times in the movie that he was able to fire those guns. Point is, Mask can make something out of nothing. That is more power than Manhattan ever displayed.

Time Immemorial
Pretty sure at multiple times in the movie that he was able to fire those guns. Point is, Mask can make something out of nothing. That is more power than Manhattan ever displayed.

Nope, he never fired those guns, not once, not ever.. sorry.

Most of the stuff Mask did was fake and illusions.

That is less power then anything Manhattan did, I guess you forgot what he did on Mars. He created a working superstructure out of the ground with his mind on an instant in which he had to change and manipulate vast amounts of elements at whim.

carver9
Didn't Mask create some kind of Spirit bomb when he was in the alley interrogating someone?

Time Immemorial
Didn't Mask create some kind of Spirit bomb when he was in the alley interrogating someone?

Carver I have never known you to troll like this.

And no he didn't make a spirit bomb.

carver9
You might want to look at this vid for some of his fts. Don't see how Manhattan can even hurt him. Don't know if this is a music vid since I had the sound down when playing it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw7AuiSIOE4

Time Immemorial
You might want to look at this vid for some of his fts. Don't see how Manhattan can even hurt him. Don't know if this is a music vid since I had the sound down when playing it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw7AuiSIOE4

You must be joking. Which feat there is that impressive, pulling some thugs underwear over his head, or smashing a clock.

Real impressive bro!

Here is a real quantifiable feat.

aka god mode.

cGl_if3tXBc

carver9
Context to your ft. The point of my post was to show you he can create anything and he can not be hurt.

Time Immemorial
Context to your ft. The point of my post was to show you he can create anything and he can not be hurt.

Because he was hit with billets that means he can't be hurt to you?

carver9
Because he was hit with billets that means he can't be hurt to you?

Is that all you saw during that scene was bullets? Look again.

theTANTALIZER
I read somewhere the forces behind the mask is irrational beyond man's comprehension.The wearer is able to bend time and space.. Dr. M will have his hands full. What Dr. M will not grasp is the power of magic.

Time Immemorial
Good thing, DM is not a man.

FrothByte
Nope, he never fired those guns, not once, not ever.. sorry.

Most of the stuff Mask did was fake and illusions.

That is less power then anything Manhattan did, I guess you forgot what he did on Mars. He created a working superstructure out of the ground with his mind on an instant in which he had to change and manipulate vast amounts of elements at whim.

Ok I think my memory's confused. Now that I think about it, I believe it was Dorian while he was wearing the mask that made the real guns.

Still proves that the mask gives you powers to create functional items out of thin air.

Time Immemorial
Ok I think my memory's confused. Now that I think about it, I believe it was Dorian while he was wearing the mask that made the real guns.

Still proves that the mask gives you powers to create functional items out of thin air.

A Tommy gun? And that is gonna function against DM how?

DM atomizes anything mask makes and sends him packing.

NotAllThatEvil
The mask plugs his reading lamp into Doctor Manhattan and spends all his power reading comic books into it fizzles out.

carver9

Look at the vid i posted. The Mask made real guns/bullets out of a balloon.

FrothByte
A Tommy gun? And that is gonna function against DM how?

DM atomizes anything mask makes and sends him packing.

That's not the point. What I was trying to point out was that Dr. Manhattan needs actual parts to create stuff and he needs time as well.

The Mask can create things out of thin air instantaneously. Functional items and not merely illusions.

It proves that as powerful as Manhattan is, he's still limited by the physics of the real world. The Mask is beyond that, able to create/unmake things at will, making him definitely more powerful.

Time Immemorial
That's not the point. What I was trying to point out was that Dr. Manhattan needs actual parts to create stuff and he needs time as well.

The Mask can create things out of thin air instantaneously. Functional items and not merely illusions.

It proves that as powerful as Manhattan is, he's still limited by the physics of the real world. The Mask is beyond that, able to create/unmake things at will, making him definitely more powerful.

Actually he does not.

IE, Mars feat.

And his post movie life creation feats.

Manhattan is not limited to things of the physical world. He does not exist in it, merely his avatar does.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
The mask plugs his reading lamp into Doctor Manhattan and spends all his power reading comic books into it fizzles out.

That won't work. His power cannot be drained.

FrothByte
Actually he does not.

IE, Mars feat.

And his post movie life creation feats.

Manhattan is not limited to things of the physical world. He does not exist in it, merely his avatar does.

How exactly does his mars feat and life creation feat prove that he's above the limits of reality and physics?

Time Immemorial
How exactly does his mars feat and life creation feat prove that he's above the limits of reality and physics?

To create life from nothing when you are a non human entity is beyond the realm of the physical verse. Means you are a god level being.

Robtard
Good fight, somewhat hard to say when dealing with two abstract guys. Manhattan can exist as consciousness alone, that's probably beyond the Mask's ability as his powers are tied to the mask.

I'd give this one to Manhattan, despite The Mask being cartoon-level.

FrothByte
To create life from nothing when you are a non human entity is beyond the realm of the physical verse. Means you are a god level being.

Remind me again what life form Manhattan made? Been a while since I watched Watchmen. Were they plant forms?

Time Immemorial
Remind me again what life form Manhattan made? Been a while since I watched Watchmen. Were they plant forms?

It was off screen feat that he spoke of going to go do after leaving earth and going to another galaxy or universe to create life.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
Good fight, somewhat hard to say when dealing with two abstract guys. Manhattan can exist as consciousness alone, that's probably beyond the Mask's ability as his powers are tied to the mask.

I'd give this one to Manhattan, despite The Mask being cartoon-level.

Bravo, and cheers.

FrothByte
It was off screen feat that he spoke of going to go do after leaving earth and going to another galaxy or universe to create life.

Ok so it wasn't exactly shown that he was doing it?

The reason I ask is because life can be "grown" over time as long as you have the right conditions, and that might have been what Manhattan was talking about. That's completely different from just snapping your fingers and creating life.

Time Immemorial
Ok so it wasn't exactly shown that he was doing it?

The reason I ask is because life can be "grown" over time as long as you have the right conditions, and that might have been what Manhattan was talking about. That's completely different from just snapping your fingers and creating life.

No it was not shown, but lets be real, I doubt the man would lie and say he was going to do something that he could not do.

FrothByte
No it was not shown, but lets be real, I doubt the man would lie and say he was going to do something that he could not do.

Oh I'm not saying he couldn't, just that I doubt he can do it instantaneously. Like I said previously, we see the Mask making stuff out of thin air with but a thought. Manhattan hasn't shown the capability to do that. Creating something out of nothing is a whole lot more difficult than destroying something.

Time Immemorial
Oh I'm not saying he couldn't, just that I doubt he can do it instantaneously. Like I said previously, we see the Mask making stuff out of thin air with but a thought. Manhattan hasn't shown the capability to do that. Creating something out of nothing is a whole lot more difficult than destroying something.

I agree, if you can come up with something that the mask could do that that can destroy a universal quantum field consciousness and I see it working then I will agree with you, hows that?

FrothByte
I agree, if you can come up with something that the mask could do that that can destroy a universal quantum field consciousness and I see it working then I will agree with you, hows that?

Meh, I could counter this with "If you can come up with proof that Manhattan can create something from nothing like the Mask regularly does then I'll give you the win."

After all, I assume in this match that prep time is not included. So Manhattan won't have the time to create all those world-destroying gadgets of his no?

Robtard
If Manhattan is incapable of putting The Mask down via matter manipulation, he could easily win via BFR by teleporting The Mask to another galaxy, while not caring of course

Time Immemorial
Meh, I could counter this with "If you can come up with proof that Manhattan can create something from nothing like the Mask regularly does then I'll give you the win."

After all, I assume in this match that prep time is not included. So Manhattan won't have the time to create all those world-destroying gadgets of his no?

He does not need to create those he can harness that power at whim. He created those to replicate some of his power for a clean, unlimited form of energy for the planet.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
If Manhattan is incapable of putting The Mask down via matter manipulation, he could easily win via BFR by teleporting The Mask to another galaxy, while not caring of course

And the Mask can just pop back, or not allow himself to go. Or open a hole through the floor and pop back up. That's how his cartoonishness works.

Robtard
And the Mask can just pop back, or not allow himself to go. Or open a hole through the floor and pop back up. That's how his cartoonishness works.

Not sure The Mask showed universe travel level abilities or the ability to stop someone from transporting him.

But his cartoon-powers do suggest that your argument while not strictly supported with feats, isn't beyond reason.

carver9
He has done it before (the hole thing). Bfr should be the last thing someone would think of as a win against the Mask.

Time Immemorial
He has done it before (the hole thing). Bfr should be the last thing someone would think of as a win against the Mask.

DM makes mask cease to exist by removing his mask and atomizing it.

BruceSkywalker
this happens after The Mask sees Doc's blue balls laughing laughing out loud embarrasment

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab335/KATSUMOTO121/themask.jpg

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
this happens after The Mask sees Doc's blue balls laughing laughing out loud embarrasment

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab335/KATSUMOTO121/themask.jpg

Yes DM gives Mask his Oface.

TheVaultDweller
DM makes mask cease to exist by removing his mask and atomizing it.

It's well established that the mask can only be removed if the wearer wants it to be removed. And even if Manhattan can somehow get the wearer to want to remove the mask, there is no proof that he can simply atomize a magical artifact created by a Norse god. Otherwise, it would be easy for a mask supporter to say that the mask simply pulls a quantum energy dustbuster out of his ass and sucks up Manhattan. As things stand, I am seeing this as a stalemate.

And just to be technical, that clock in the first film displayed sentience and was born from the Mask's power, so it can be argued that the Mask can also create life. stick out tongue

theTANTALIZER
Just to add, Manhattan will be soooo confused by the the Mask magical elements that it would not register with Manhattan's logical reasoning. The Mask dumps Mr. Quantum Blue into the 2 Dimensional verse. Originally posted by FrothByte

TheVaultDweller
Problem with using the Mask in any versus match is that it is extremely hard to put any kind of frame on what the wearer can and cannot do. It's constantly mentioned throughout all the media the Mask appears in that the power of the Mask is only limited by the user's imagination. So what it can accomplish varies drastically depending on the person wearing it. One person might only think as far as giving themselves superhuman stats, where as another person might literally eat a planet, or, like in the comics, destroy a galaxy.

Time Immemorial
True but DM is someone unkillable. Say Mask made a vacuum to suck him go, he would just reform.

Manhattan himself said he walked the surface of the sun. We never saw mask fly or use TK so he has limits. I think DM will test those limits to the extreme and find a weakness.

TethAdamTheRock
The Mask turns Dr Manhattans head into a pie

Time-Immemorial
No not really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.