Manhatten vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Comic Versions

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/isitgood_822_5.jpg

vs

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/881/881726/hulk-marvel-20080613042916221_640w.jpg

relentless1
Manhattan easy, he touches hulk, hulk go boom; green stuff everywhere

Reflassshh
But.. but Hulk gets madder and punches him!!!!

Delta1938
As overrated as Doctor Manhattan is, I think this is one he'll win. Odds are he'll teleport Hulk to Mars or something fairly shortly into the fight.

DarkSaint85
Split.

Manhattan is just as liable to BFR himself lol.

Time Immemorial
Ok turn BFR off.

Delta1938
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Split.

Manhattan is just as liable to BFR himself lol.

confused How? Did something happen in BEFORE WATCHMEN? I have it but haven't read it yet.

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Ok turn BFR off.

Then either Hulk or stalemate. I don't buy the assumption Manhattan can't be KOed, but I could see him using some mix of teleportation(in ways that avoid "No BFR"wink, intangibility, and maybe even making duplicates, to avoid being KOed.

Time Immemorial
Transmutation or turning him into salt, disintegration, diss assimilation would not put Hulk down?

Delta1938
Transmutation or turning him into salt, disintegration, diss assimilation would not put Hulk down?

If Manhattan's matter manipulation is powerful enough to. I don't buy the hype and dickriding Doctor Manhattan gets. He didn't do anything to justify 10% of the power level people attribute to him. Unless he did something worth a damn in BEFORE WATCHMEN, people just assume he can do all this shit. It's the No Limits Fallacy.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Delta1938
If Manhattan's matter manipulation is powerful enough to. I don't buy the hype and dickriding Doctor Manhattan gets. He didn't do anything to justify 10% of the power level people attribute to him. Unless he did something worth a damn in BEFORE WATCHMEN, people just assume he can do all this shit. It's the No Limits Fallacy.

His before watchmen feats were beyond uber. He was curing cancer, bringing people back to life, traveling through time, reality warping and such.

Delta1938
His before watchmen feats were beyond uber. He was curing cancer, bringing people back to life, traveling through time, reality warping and such.

I guess then I'll have to get around to reading it.

eaebiakuya
The problem here is: Hulk cant do nothing to Dr.

He will have a lot time to try much things. He can teleport Hulk to a black hole, to differents planets, expecting someone to kill him with poison gas or anything like that, he can try transmute the oxygen INSIDE hulk, etc, etc. He will find a way to at least KO Hulk.

And when Dr. did a reality warp feat ? All he does is matter manipulation.

Time Immemorial
I guess then I'll have to get around to reading it.

IIRC he screwed up timelines when first testing his powers, really bad when he was first messing with them and altered many realties, and was able to fix everything and set the timelines straight by going back through all the realities he was in one by one.

Delta1938
IIRC he screwed up timelines when first testing his powers, really bad when he was first messing with them and altered many realties, and was able to fix everything and set the timelines straight by going back through all the realities he was in one by one.

Sounds like they ripped off the origin for Valiant Solar(although not exactly the same).

Time Immemorial
Sounds like they ripped off the origin for Valiant Solar(although not exactly the same).

Agreed, but then again everything gets ripped off.

tkitna
What exactly is hulk going to manhattan I'm in the other corner on manhattan. I think he's pretty uber and possibly do just about anything

Serious spite against hulk

DarkSaint85
confused How? Did something happen in BEFORE WATCHMEN? I have it but haven't read it yet.

Then either Hulk or stalemate. I don't buy the assumption Manhattan can't be KOed, but I could see him using some mix of teleportation(in ways that avoid "No BFR"wink, intangibility, and maybe even making duplicates, to avoid being KOed.

What I meant was, in character, he's just as likely to get bored of Hulk and teleport himself to Mars or something.

carver9
Manhattan wins but not by transmutation or matter manipulation.

relentless1
im glad you finally admit defeat for hulk carver, youre growing as a human being i congratulae you on your progress wink

TheHulk
Not gonna lie, kinda forgot who Manhattan is....

thingy150
Manhatten wins, hulk has no way of hurting him.

May i refer all of you to these thread:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/dr-manhattan-vs-hulk-405286/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/hulk-vs-drmanhattan-671611/

krisblaze
Based on the original comic I would've said Hulk, but with the "before watchmen" added onto it, Manhattan is probably too much.

TheHulk
Originally posted by thingy150

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/hulk-vs-drmanhattan-671611/ Dude, please stop using Comicvine, no one like that place.

Delta1938
What I meant was, in character, he's just as likely to get bored of Hulk and teleport himself to Mars or something.

vin laughing out loud laughing

Delta1938

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/hulk-vs-drmanhattan-671611/

You complained about people posting links to Thor's respect thread, or telling you to go there, instead of giving examples, in your Orion vs Thor topic. Now you're essentially doing the same here.

Star428
I've never read the comic but if comic Manhattan is superior to the movie version (and honestly, most comic versions of characters are) then I don't see any reason why Manhattan wouldn't stomp 10/10... and why do you say Manhattan is "overrated", Delta? How could a character like him possibly be overrated? Seriously, going by just what I've seen from the movie, I think he would wreck just about any comic book character including the big "S" himself and I'm one of the biggest Superman fans in the world.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Star428
I've never read the comic but if comic Manhattan is superior to the movie version (and honestly, most comic versions of characters are) then I don't see any reason why Manhattan wouldn't stomp 10/10... and why is Manhattan "overrated", delta? Seriously, going by just what I've seen from the movie, I think he would wreck just about any comic book character including the big "S" himself and I'm one of the biggest Superman fans in the world.

It's because all he did was against weaksauce guys.

Star428
vin laughing out loud laughing

I don't usually agree with DarkSaint but why couldn't Manhattan do this? If it's so ridiculously funny as you make it seem for Manhattan to be able to do something like that then the comic version must really suck compared to the movie version because I saw him do stuff like that in the movie.

Edit: Nevermind. I see that you said he would likely do something like that in an earlier post.

Delta1938
I've never read the comic but if comic Manhattan is superior to the movie version (and honestly, most comic versions of characters are) then I don't see any reason why Manhattan wouldn't stomp 10/10... and why do you say Manhattan is "overrated", Delta? How could a character like him possibly be overrated? Seriously, going by just what I've seen from the movie, I think he would wreck just about any comic book character including the big "S" himself and I'm one of the biggest Superman fans in the world.

Like I said, I haven't read BEFORE WATCHMEN yet, and apparently he's actually done stuff that's impressive. But people were making claims of him being omnipotent long before they published BEFORE WATCHMEN.

The most impressive thing he did in WATCHMEN was teleport the distance between Earth and Mars. People assume he can disintegrate anybody just because he disintegrated a normal human. They assume because he can manipulate matter, he can turn anybody into a teapot or a pink bunny, even if a character has shown to resist transmutation.

They basically dickride him with the No Limits Fallacy despite it's all a bunch of unsubstantiated hype and assumption. He seemed omnipotent to the Average Joe in WATCHMEN, but he was a medium sized fish in a tiny pond when compared to better established comic universes.

Star428
Like I said, I haven't read BEFORE WATCHMEN yet, and apparently he's actually done stuff that's impressive. But people were making claims of him being omnipotent long before they published BEFORE WATCHMEN.

The most impressive thing he did in WATCHMEN was teleport the distance between Earth and Mars. People assume he can disintegrate anybody just because he disintegrated a normal human. They assume because he can manipulate matter, he can turn anybody into a teapot or a pink bunny, even if a character has shown to resist transmutation.

They basically dickride him with the No Limits Fallacy despite it's all a bunch of unsubstantiated hype and assumption. He seemed omnipotent to the Average Joe in WATCHMEN, but he was a medium sized fish in a tiny pond when compared to better established comic universes.

Ok. I get it now. Just to be clear, I'm not "dickriding" him though. LOL. I play on the other team if you know what I mean... He just seemed stupid powerful in the movie but you do have a point I guess that he's never done any kind of transmutation on beings other than humans. It might not work on characters like Hulk or Superman. But then it might afterall. We really don't know one way or the other because he's never tried it on a meta in the comics, correct?

DarkSaint85
Ok. I get it now. Just to be clear, I'm not "dickriding" him though. LOL. He just seemed stupid powerful in the movie but you do have a point I guess that he's never done any kind of transmutation on beings other than humans. It might not work on characters like Hulk or Superman. But then it might afterall. We really don't know one way or the other because he's never tried it on a meta in the comics, correct?

Exactly.

I mean, where would it end?

Dr. M vs Daredevil
Dr. M vs Doom
Dr. M vs Odin
Dr. M vs Living Tribunal

etc....

Delta1938
Ok. I get it now. Just to be clear, I'm not "dickriding" him though. LOL. I play on the other team if you know what I mean... He just seemed stupid powerful in the movie but you do have a point I guess that he's never done any kind of transmutation on beings other than humans. It might not work on characters like Hulk or Superman. But then it might afterall. We really don't know one way or the other because he's never tried it on a meta in the comics, correct?

eek! big grin laughing Pretty sure you know "dickriding" in this context isn't literal. vin

Saying "we don't know" is a bit too speculative. Of course we don't know, but there's only so far you can legitimately take speculation and it not be wishful thinking.

Star428
Saying "we don't know" is a bit too speculative. Of course we don't know, but there's only so far you can legitimately take speculation and it not be wishful thinking.

Wishful thinking? I honestly have no attachment to the character of Manhattan. He's nothing to me. It's not like he's one of my favorite characters or anything and I don't really hate or even dislike Hulk either so I really don't care who would win this fight. I always give my honest opinion of who I think would win a fight based on what I've seen, read, or heard about the characters. I never base it on which character I like more.

You're smilies, btw, are almost as cute as those cat photos you posted for Thanksgiving. smile

Delta1938
Wishful thinking? I honestly have no attachment to the character of Manhattan. He's nothing to me. It's not like he's one of my favorite characters or anything and I don't really hate or even dislike Hulk either so I really don't care who would win this fight. I always give my honest opinion of who I think would win a fight based on what I've seen, read, or heard about the characters. I never base it on which character I like more.

You're smilies, btw, are almost as cute as those cat photos you posted for Thanksgiving. smile

I was talking more about speculation of "well we don't really know for sure, do we?" in general than you specifically. DS said it well here.

Exactly.

I mean, where would it end?

Dr. M vs Daredevil
Dr. M vs Doom
Dr. M vs Odin
Dr. M vs Living Tribunal

etc....

I literally came across a blog where someone put a list of a whole bunch of characters, with the usual suspects like Hulk, Superman, Doctor Strange, but including Galactus and Mxy, and said Manhattan wins all but Mxy. And he didn't give Mxy the win, he just said it's undetermined due to not knowing how Manhattan could effect 5th dimensional space.

marwash22
no expression

Stoic
Comic Versions

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/isitgood_822_5.jpg

vs

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/881/881726/hulk-marvel-20080613042916221_640w.jpg

Cosmic versions? Does the Hulk have a cosmic version that I don't know about? Sorry about that, I just can't place a time when he was cosmic.

marwash22
*comic.

Delta1938
Originally posted by marwash22
*comic.

Win.

Time Immemorial
When did I say cosmic? laughing out loud

Delta1938
When did I say cosmic? laughing out loud

When Stoic forgot to put on his glasses. vin

Sin I AM
Until he faces an equal id say he still gets his ass handed to him

krisblaze
Yes, I agree.

In comics its a given that the more powerful characters can resist things like matter/energy manipulation to a certain degree. While I generally think that you need to reach at least high herald/trans before one can assume that they would have some kind of built in resistance, Hulk has many cases of him partially resisting things like that.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by krisblaze
Yes, I agree.

In comics its a given that the more powerful characters can resist things like matter/energy manipulation to a certain degree. While I generally think that you need to reach at least high herald/trans before one can assume that they would have some kind of built in resistance, Hulk has many cases of him partially resisting things like that.

This. Owning baseline humans is child's play. Honestly id give superman, surfer a big edge because he's nothing they haven't faced before and he's not gonna just roll them

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Sin I AM
This. Owning baseline humans is child's play. Honestly id give superman, surfer a big edge because he's nothing they haven't faced before and he's not gonna just roll them

Did you read before watchmen, if you had, you would not be saying this. He was a multi universe reality warper.

krisblaze
Did you read before watchmen, if you had, you would not be saying this. He was a multi universe reality warper.

It's more about that being the way that time works in the watchmen-verse.

Mess with a timeline and you're hitting 2 universes.

DarkSaint85

Who gave it all up sneer

Sin I AM

Yes and i wasn't exactly impressed. Before watchman was a slap in the face of the original creators and as a writer i would've felt disgusted to have my work pilfered like that. And no Norrin would own Manhattan

thingy150
You complained about people posting links to Thor's respect thread, or telling you to go there, instead of giving examples, in your Orion vs Thor topic. Now you're essentially doing the same here.

How the f*ck is a respect thread the same as posting a consensus, now you are just reaching a bit too hard.

AND F*CK COMIC VINE NOW, VANCE ASTRO IS A C***

Delta1938
How the f*ck is a respect thread the same as posting a consensus, now you are just reaching a bit too hard.

AND F*CK COMIC VINE NOW, VANCE ASTRO IS A C***

Oh, I thought you were posting it for the arguments made and evidence posted, similar to posting a respect thread. But you were posting it because a bunch of people agreed with a single outcome. The Appeal To Majority Fallacy. I'm sorry, I overestimated your ability was a debater. I'll try not to make that mistake again. Carry on.

thingy150
Oh, I thought you were posting it for the arguments made and evidence posted, similar to posting a respect thread. But you were posting it because a bunch of people agreed with a single outcome. The Appeal To Majority Fallacy. I'm sorry, I overestimated your ability was a debater. I'll try not to make that mistake again. Carry on.

I was showing you guys the answers and the consensus so that there would not have to be a long thread just to come to one conclusion. I assumed this topic would be close already and i showed you that this same debate has been close before.

Do threads with a consensus for one character get closed here?

thingy150
ALSO I CHALLENGE YOU TO THE BZ

Delta1938
I was showing you guys the answers and the consensus so that there would not have to be a long thread just to come to one conclusion. I assumed this topic would be close already and i showed you that this same debate has been close before.

Do threads with a consensus for one character get closed here?

You don't know what a fallacy is? And no, they don't get closed.

ALSO I CHALLENGE YOU TO THE BZ

You challenge me, after I challenged you more than once and you either said you're busy, or there's no point. hmm Well, I'll make a topic to start looking for judges.

thingy150
I know what fallacy means but i am unsure what this means:

"I overestimated your ability was a debater." - delta

Delta1938
I know what fallacy means but i am unsure what this means:

"I overestimated your ability was a debater." - delta

Oops. Typo. "Was" should be "as."

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Yes and i wasn't exactly impressed. Before watchman was a slap in the face of the original creators and as a writer i would've felt disgusted to have my work pilfered like that. And no Norrin would own Manhattan

When did I say Norrin would not? Quick making things up, girl.

Delta1938
When did I say Norrin would not? Quick making things up, girl.

I'm not the only one making typos in this thread.

Time Immemorial
No worries, but speaking of typos, I'm surprised that a Skyfather like Zeus defeated Hulk when Zeus' Top-Tier son Hercules has lost to Hulk.

Delta1938
No worries, but speaking of typos, I'm surprised that a Skyfather like Zeus defeated Hulk when Zeus' Top-Tier son Hercules has lost to Hulk.

That's not a typo. That's just pure ignorance.

Time Immemorial
laughing out loud

Delta1938
laughing out loud

Considering Zeus is more powerful than Hercules in DC, and I believe mythology as well, you'd think Blue'd at least figure it could be the same in Marvel and look it up.

Insane Titan
Hulk gets annihilated.

h1a8
This is spite.
1. Manhattan can bfr Hulk easily
2. Has reactions far faster than light
3. Can become untouchable
4. Can transmute matter

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by h1a8
This is spite.
1. Manhattan can bfr Hulk easily
2. Has reactions far faster than light
3. Can become untouchable
4. Can transmute matter

Captain Atom could have done the same thing, no one screamed spite in that thread H1...

Badabing
Don't make a spite thread based upon another thread you consider spite.

Edit: You made the Captain Atom/Monarch vs Hulk thread too. facepalm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.