Episode 7 trailer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
It is so horrible and I am not remotely surprised. First off, it doesnt look or feel like Star Wars. Just some weird sci-fi box office bomb. John Boyega looks ridiculous, the stormtroopers and Millennium Falcon look fake, Daisy Ridley looks ridiculous on that speeder, that R2 unit looks like its rolling on a soccer ball, and the narrator's voice could not be more cheesy and the bad guy could not look more generic or stupid. It has exceeded expectations in being horrible, and my world is going to end.

Bonus: I liked the TIE's though.

Zenwolf
Looks can be deceiving you know. :P As I recall for ANH, people weren't all that interested when the trailers came up and now look where Star Wars is.

Darth Abonis
Back in the 70's that trailer was like actually going into space...

WildBantha88
This is just a teaser. You can't tell if the movie is going to be suck frim 1:00

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by WildBantha88
This is just a teaser. You can't tell if the movie is going to be suck frim 1:00

thumb up

DARTH POWER
Wow.. Making judgements on a film based on a few scenes and almost no indication of the actual plot or story.

I guess there are people who are going to hate this film no matter what.

NewGuy01
I think the Voice Over was pretty bad, but the scenes themselves were cool.

ares834
The voice over (who I'm almost positive is Cumberbatch) was a terrible choice. And that soccer droid was hilariously bad. Heck, between those two thing and Boyega's had popping up into frame like that, for the first part of the trailer I thought I was watching a joke.

The Merchant
The visual style just looked weird IMO.

DarthAnt66
Nah, the narrator was awesome.

NTJack0
Instant hatred, how typical.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by ares834
The voice over (who I'm almost positive is Cumberbatch) was a terrible choice. And that soccer droid was hilariously bad. Heck, between those two thing and Boyega's had popping up into frame like that, for the first part of the trailer I thought I was watching a joke.

As long as that droid isn't important, I don't think it's that bad. The voiceover was terrible. It may have been better if they had something interesting to say at the end instead of "and the light!".

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Nah, the narrator was awesome.

The Merchant
The soccer Droid is cute lol.

Selenial
It's not hatred, it's what you gleam from the trailer.

The style is completely off from the OT, the lightsaber shows he's completely diverging from established canon in an attempt to create something unique... Obviously we can't judge it, but we can say it's not going to be the same as the others.

WildBantha88
Omg! Seriously! I knew this would happen. If they had made this trailer a freaking gold mine you would still be picking it apart screaming "I hate this shit!"

Fans ****ing suck!

Fated Xtasy
Omg! Seriously! I knew this would happen. If they had made this trailer a freaking gold mine you would still be picking it apart screaming "I hate this shit!"

Fans ****ing suck!

Did people ***** this much when they learned about Dooku's curved hild?

DarthAnt66
The rage was probably on when they saw Mace with a purple lightsaber. How dare they!

ares834
Lmao at the strawmen here.

WildBantha88
The Siths robe and lightsaber look awesome. It sounds very much like star wars. It looks a bit different, darker. The droid does look weird but c'mon guys it's a ****ing droid? Are you really going to ***** over a droid? All in all things are looking up yet you all are still acting like a spoiled child over this 1 minute long trailer

ares834
Damn right I'm going to ***** about an awful looking droid. It looks exactly like a soccer ball, hell I was wondering at first why a small ass droid was riding a soccer ball.

And adding little blades to a lightsaber does not make it look awesome. Despite common belief more blades=/=better.

DarthAnt66
@Bantha thumb up Seeing Star Wars in such a modern look was surprising, yet refreshing. I have very high hopes for this film.

DarthAnt66
Damn right I'm going to ***** about an awful looking droid. It looks exactly like a soccer ball, hell I was wondering at first why a small ass droid was riding a soccer ball.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MfzmXps9DYk/VHepK5aFsGI/AAAAAAAAFgA/9plpNC10BJA/s1600/TFA%2BDroid.jpg http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-C_nw1W2YiKk/VHep4i2a3nI/AAAAAAAAFgQ/imfrRh4fAtc/s1600/New-Droid.png

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Did people ***** this much when they learned about Dooku's curved hild?

No because that actually makes sense, at least in theory. In real life some swords do have curved hilts.

No swords have mini-blades as quillons.

The rage was probably on when they saw Mace with a purple lightsaber. How dare they!

You kidding? That was one of the few good things about AOTC. At last, some colour variety. Heck, the rage was on that there weren't MORE purple lightsabres (or some yellow, orange etc).

And adding little blades to a lightsaber does not make it look awesome. Despite common belief more blades=/=better.

THIS!

ares834
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MfzmXps9DYk/VHepK5aFsGI/AAAAAAAAFgA/9plpNC10BJA/s1600/TFA%2BDroid.jpg http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-C_nw1W2YiKk/VHep4i2a3nI/AAAAAAAAFgQ/imfrRh4fAtc/s1600/New-Droid.png

Yep looks almost exactly like a soccer ball. Even has seams.

DarthAnt66
@chilled @ Mace: Yo, it's called a sarcastic joke. :facepalm:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1e/Hilt_sword_Palace_Armoury_Valletta.jpg/320px-Hilt_sword_Palace_Armoury_Valletta.jpg

DarthAnt66
Yep looks almost exactly like a soccer ball. Even has seams.
Might be some sort of a furuistic toy/pet for a main protagonist.

WildBantha88
Ahem adding the little blades make it looks more like a real sword or did you forget what a real sword looks like. It looks like a mid evil knight lightsaber

DarthAnt66
Ahem adding the little blades make it looks more like a real sword or did you forget what a real sword looks like. It looks like a mid evil knight lightsaber
Exactly. thumb up And that makes sense given a central theme in this movie is ancient Sith and relics.
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Oz35InKi--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/v1camziq8lggcb1jhqxu.jpg

NewGuy01
Hopefully the droid is just an interesting passerby, but tbh I wouldn't mind either way.

And I'm not sure what's wrong with the blade, it's perfectly practical. The energy cross-guard is to catch lightsaber blades, normal metal would just get sliced after all.

EDIT: Don't jump the gun and provide your theories about the movie as facts, Ant.

chilled monkey
@chilled @ Mace: Yo, it's called a sarcastic joke. :facepalm:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1e/Hilt_sword_Palace_Armoury_Valletta.jpg/320px-Hilt_sword_Palace_Armoury_Valletta.jpg

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. The quillons on that don't look remotely sharp. They just look like a regular cross-guard.

Ahem adding the little blades make it looks more like a real sword

No it doesn't. The cross-guard on a real European arming sword does not have edges that would cut the wielders hand.

did you forget what a real sword looks like.

Did you? Plus there are some swords that don't have cross-guards.

NewGuy01
So is his lightsaber. They aren't meant to be blades, it's just that you can't catch a lightsaber blade on ordinary metal.

ares834

Since when have light sabers been "real swords"? Nor do real swords typically have knives for a cross guard....

And quite simply it looks stupid as hell.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by chilled monkey
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. The quillons on that don't look remotely sharp. They just look like a regular cross-guard.
Originally posted by NewGuy01
And I'm not sure what's wrong with the blade, it's perfectly practical. The energy cross-guard is to catch lightsaber blades, normal metal would just get sliced after all.

WildBantha88
The lightsaber is practical and badass. The siths robes look awesome. The actio scenes look exciting. But no a droid on a ball is going to ruin it for you? Narrow minded, I tell ya

ares834
The lightsaber is practical and badass. The siths robes look awesome. The actio scenes look exciting. But no a droid on a ball is going to ruin it for you? Narrow minded, I tell ya

Where did I say it was going to ruin the movie? Think before you type.

And no the lightsaber is neither practical (far too easy to slice yourself) nor badass. Admittedly, these are mystical warriors so I don't care if the saber is practical or not. But let's not pretend that it is a practical weapon.

Selenial
Originally posted by NewGuy01
So is his lightsaber. They aren't meant to be blades, it's just that you can't catch a lightsaber blade on ordinary metal.

They have metal parts sticking out though, so slicing through them = pointless non-cross guards.

WildBantha88
I give up. I hate fans when they get what they want

chilled monkey
The lightsaber is practical and badass.

No its impractical and dumbass.

Firstly it's more dangerous to its wielder than an opponent (as ares834 put it real swords do not have knives for a cross guard)

Second, Jedi have always managed just fine without needing any kind of cross-guard so it is clearly not necessary.

Third, from a purely aesthetic approach, it just looks daft.

Aside from that though, I thought the trailer was okay.

Fated Xtasy
So..... the Inquisitor's dual blade>>>>>>a crossguard? Seriously?

DarthAnt66

Firstly it's more dangerous to its wielder than an opponent (as ares834 put it real swords do not have knives for a cross guard)

Second, Jedi have always managed just fine without needing any kind of cross-guard so it is clearly not necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0

WildBantha88
So..... the Inquisitor's dual blade>>>>>>a crossguard? Seriously? tbh I have no idea what have the lightsaber spin adds to it?

ares834

Different tastes. And I think the Inquisitor's saber is stupid as hell.

DarthAnt66
Inquisitor's lightsaber is used to market young children, and it does.
To like a 7 year old, the spinning blades must be badass as ****.

Selenial

Yes, let's compare a 7 year old's TV show directed by someone who doesn't even want to direct it, with a multi million dollar production, global film, directed by someone who's supposedly one of the best directors of our era....

Right.

DarthAnt66
Crossguard lightsaber>>normal lightsaber.

chilled monkey

I hate that one too.

Inquisitor's lightsaber is used to market young children, and it does.
To like a 7 year old, the spinning blades must be badass as ****.

Indeed and that is another reason I hate that thing. It was designed purely to sell toys and this is the same.

Like I've said before, this movie was clearly made purely to get as many merchandising deals as possible.

Inquisitor's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0

Not sure what your point is.

DarthAnt66
Erm, I never put the "Inquisitor's" in front of it. erm You just kinda ruined the joke. Lame:

DarthAnt66
http://i59.servimg.com/u/f59/17/73/92/12/sweet10.jpg

chilled monkey
http://i59.servimg.com/u/f59/17/73/92/12/sweet10.jpg

Yes, it still looks dumb. Pasting some guy's face over Palpatine's really doesn't change that

Still not sure what this is supposed to mean.

DarthAnt66
Yes, it still looks dumb. Pasting some guy's face over Palpatine's really doesn't change that

Still not sure what this is supposed to mean.
http://photo1.ask.fm/168/627/328/710003025-1s100cj-b652hchkj27lopp/original/andjesusweptiiirickybarnard.jpg
some guy's face
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus

ILS
Jesus? Who? Is he an ancient Sith spirit or something?

DarthAnt66
I dunno. Some guy I guess. Looks like someone put his face on a Sith.
It's not like he's the most influential figure in human history or anything.

ILS
Of course not, that would be either Mickey Mouse or Muhammad Ali, not some guy who got photoshopped onto an unknown Sith.

chilled monkey
I apologise. I truly had no idea whose face it was.

Also, let's not get blasphemous. I honestly did not mean any offence and I am sorry if I have caused any.

ILS
Real talk tho it'd be funny as shit if Jesus Christ's spirit was resurrected through Sith Sorcery and he became the main antagonist for the new trilogy. Grandmaster Luke with oneness vs Jesus anyone?

Tzeentch
Fools need to calm down ITT. The implications being made in here are lulzy.

>Waaaaah the wheel-droid looks silly
>R2-2D is a top-heavy trash-can on wheels that was completely helpless against stairs for five movies.

>waaaaah lightsaber cross-guard is impractical
>lightsaber combat
>practical
>not twirling glow-sticks around like batons at a rave

Kill yourselves, SWVF.

DarthAnt66
I apologise. I truly had no idea whose face it was.

Also, let's not get blasphemous. I honestly did not mean any offence and I am sorry if I have caused any.
Nah, it's cool bro. We still love you. wink
Originally posted by Tzeentch

>R2-2D is a top-heavy trash-can on wheels that was completely helpless against stairs for five movies.

>lightsaber combat
>practical

Kill yourselves, SWVF.
thumb up

ares834

Good thing R2D2 doesn't look a soccer ball.

>lightsaber combat
>practical

Kill yourselves, SWVF.

Couldn't give a shit if it's practical. It looks dumb as hell though.

Selenial
Good thing R2D2 doesn't look a soccer ball.

http://i.imgur.com/3nb6XCT.gif

Tzeentch
So does the saber-staff. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Selenial
http://i.imgur.com/3nb6XCT.gif
LMFAO. Best ****ing gif ever!

WildBantha88
LMFAO. Best ****ing gif ever! thumb up

Fated Xtasy
Yes, let's compare a 7 year old's TV show directed by someone who doesn't even want to direct it, with a multi million dollar production, global film, directed by someone who's supposedly one of the best directors of our era....

Right.

Damn you woman, damn you and your good points to hell! *shakes his fist menacingly at you, but ends up looking like an old fart*

But Sel, let me ask you this oh great mistress of the Badabinquistorious, How many fanboys and fangirls were all angry about Double-Saber staff? or the inclusion of the light whip? You can't say that the SW universe hasn't had some very weird and strange inclusions just for "cosmetic sake"

Selenial
Damn you woman, damn you and your good points to hell! *shakes his fist menacingly at you, but ends up looking like an old fart*

But Sel, let me ask you this oh great mistress of the Badabinquistorious, How many fanboys and fangirls were all angry about Double-Saber staff? or the inclusion of the light whip? You can't say that the SW universe hasn't had some very weird and strange inclusions just for "cosmetic sake"

No one was angry about the double blade, everyone thought it was amazing.

The lightwhip is right however. I thought it's inclusion in Lumiya was to seperate her out as more of a contrasting character to Vader, either way I agree I thought it was stupid at first too.

I don't think this movie will suck, or suck because of the saber. I'm just sad that this shows Abrams is going his own way and branch away from the films in the same way that the EU did, and it's just not what I was hoping for in a film set so close to the OT.

BTW, Question for you all. Significance of the number 88? 88 cinemas had this trailer shown in before public release, it's 88 seconds long if you ignore the 10 seconds of legal shit at the start (And was announced as 88 seconds...) Just seems suspicious.

DarthAnt66
Nah, the movie will be great.

Nephthys
BTW, Question for you all. Significance of the number 88? 88 cinemas had this trailer shown in before public release, it's 88 seconds long if you ignore the 10 seconds of legal shit at the start (And was announced as 88 seconds...) Just seems suspicious.

Probably Abrams' mystery box schtick.

DarthAnt66
Half of 88 is 44. 4 is apart of 44. There is a triangle in the opening of 4.
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/lANiKZPCKdM/hqdefault.jpg

The Merchant
Nah, the movie will be great.

You're great.

Ushgarak
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t605135.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.