Judges Needed-Delta vs Thingy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Delta1938
Thingy claims Orion is equal or superior to Superman. I say otherwise. Pre-FLASHPOINT continuity for both. We need at least 3 judges we can agree on, as well as a moderator/referee.

krisblaze
I am fair, handsome, norwegian and all things good.

I volunteer as a judge.

Delta1938
Originally posted by krisblaze
I am fair, handsome, norwegian and all things good.

I volunteer as a judge.

I don't like Scandinavians!!! mad mad But I may let it slide for you. stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
I would volunteer, but thingy may say no.

Its almost easier, I think, if thingy names the (fairly active) members of the thread he feels comfortable with. Delta, you've been here a while, so you have a better feel for posters. Not saying you'd pick biased posters - 100% not saying that - but as thingy has already brought up the point that people MIGHT vote for you as you've been here more (again, not something I'd agree with), its just to avoid any potential arguments.

But to reiterate, thingy, you yourself acknowledge that everyone here let's rip on everyone else, and there isn't much unity. So that should assuage your fears somewhat.

Delta1938
He did set himself up, but I really think it's not as bad as he'd feel with posters being biased against him. I think many posters can put aside problems with him or those that are friendly with me can put that aside. At least that's what I'd hope.

I'll disqualify Rao, Diesledude and Proof as judges since, if thingy knew the site better, he'd probably think they would be unfair for him.

Time Immemorial
I volunteer.

Delta1938
Something gives me a feeling thingy won't agree to you. big grin

Time Immemorial
I was the one who suggested he do a BZ so I don't see why not. Plus both of you guys are posters I like so I would be un bias.

Delta1938
hahah Well if he agrees I don't have any problem. I dunno if he hasn't looked here, doesn't know yet, or what. Maybe I should PM him the link.

thingy150
Time Immemorial i am fine with being a judge, i also think that we should have more than 3 judges, lets say 5 or 7

thingy150
I am surprised by the lack of "i volunteer as tribute".....cmon guys this thread is perfect.

Time Immemorial
My first order of business as judge is to Ban Digi.

LANSHARK
I'll judge just because this has been so entertaining!
And I am unknown to either of you.

Delta1938
Originally posted by thingy150
Time Immemorial i am fine with being a judge, i also think that we should have more than 3 judges, lets say 5 or 7

5 if fine. My only problem with 7 is it'll probably take too long to get.

I am surprised by the lack of "i volunteer as tribute".....cmon guys this thread is perfect.

The Battlezone just isn't as active as the main versus forum, and it being the Thanksgiving weekend, that might make the boards less active in general. It's also relatively early in the day, at least pacific time.

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
My first order of business as judge is to Ban Digi.

What about overthrowing the raptor and the leprechaun?

thingy150
I am down for 5, by "volunteer is tribute" i just meant i was surprised nobody used the reference that is just about perfect for the situation.

Delta1938
I am down for 5, by "volunteer is tribute" i just meant i was surprised nobody used the reference that is just about perfect for the situation.

Well, I must be unfamiliar with the reference. I thought you were talking about hardly anybody has volunteered.

Delta1938
Originally posted by LANSHARK
I'll judge just because this has been so entertaining!
And I am unknown to either of you.

hmm Not sure. You've been a member since 2010, but have a whole 6 posts. Definitely a lurker.

carver9
I would be the perfect voter for this battlezone since i don't like Delta smile and Thingy is one of my favorite posters.

thingy150
Originally posted by Delta1938
Well, I must be unfamiliar with the reference. I thought you were talking about hardly anybody has volunteered.

Hunger games

Delta1938
Originally posted by carver9
I would be the perfect voter for this battlezone since i don't like Delta smile and Thingy is one of my favorite posters.

eek! confused big grin laughing out loud laughing

Delta1938
Hunger games

Neither seen the movies nor read the novels.

thingy150

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/ Quot+i+m+going+to+throw+up+pass+me+the+vanillbwaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa+quot+_3258326a218aa9786bf312dfafa1
157d.jpeg

Delta1938
http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/grandtheftautoiv-****edup.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/

That'll help with links that contain words that get censored.

thingy150
None of my meme seem to have worked so this is for you carver

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/423/untitle.JPG

thingy150
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I would volunteer, but thingy may say no.

Its almost easier, I think, if thingy names the (fairly active) members of the thread he feels comfortable with. Delta, you've been here a while, so you have a better feel for posters. Not saying you'd pick biased posters - 100% not saying that - but as thingy has already brought up the point that people MIGHT vote for you as you've been here more (again, not something I'd agree with), its just to avoid any potential arguments.

But to reiterate, thingy, you yourself acknowledge that everyone here let's rip on everyone else, and there isn't much unity. So that should assuage your fears somewhat.

I will think about adding you as a judge but delta would have to agree, i am not sure yet if i would want you to be a judge but i am leaning towards yes.

Delta1938
I'm fine with DS. Kris as well. I'm not sure about LANSHARK, simply because he's a lurker I've never seen before, I'm not sure how much of a comic reader he actually is, no offense to him.

Time Immemorial
I don't recommend Lanshark.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
I don't recommend Lanshark.

He's just trying to hide that he's Landshark.

http://oi51.tinypic.com/23vhz5h.jpg

thingy150
I say no to kris, still thinking when it comes to DS

Time Immemorial

Ur still busy getting ur ass kicked in our Battle Zone though, I don't think ou can handle any more stress friendbig grin

But I could see you being un bias depending on the Topic as long as it does not involved Superman or Hulk.

thingy150
How many posts are we allowed to delta, i have stuff to do this week so i think it should not last too long.

Delta1938
I say no to kris, still thinking when it comes to DS

So only one agreed and one "Maybe" out of 4 volunteers.

Delta1938
How many posts are we allowed to delta, i have stuff to do this week so i think it should not last too long.

It doesn't particularly matter to me. Although with a post limit, if a reply takes two posts, I think it should count as one.

thingy150
I think we should each get one main post, where we state our argument and then one post to debate the other persons argument, that way it is not too time consuming and we do not go off topic.

Delta1938
I think we should each get one main post, where we state our argument and then one post to debate the other persons argument, that way it is not too time consuming and we do not go off topic.

That can work. Should probably keep it to strength, durability and heat vision/Astro-Force, maybe speed, since those are the primary attributes used by both and are the most easily comparable. Otherwise comparing other stuff can get rather erratic.

One_Angry_Scot
I'd be up for judging if you'd have me.

Delta1938
I'm fine with that.

thingy150
I have never seen you but welcome scot, im fine with DS also.

We have 3 judges now if you are okay with scot.

Delta1938
So we need two more and a ref.

thingy150
Is the ref a mod?

Delta1938
Is the ref a mod?

Doesn't have to be. I used the term "moderator" in the sense of a debate moderator, not one who enforces rules on the Internet.

Time Immemorial
Scott welcome!

thingy150
What versions of each character are we using?

thingy150
Would we be using post crisis or would we be allowed to use pre crisis feats?

Delta1938
What versions of each character are we using?

Pre-FLASHPOINT.

Would we be using post crisis or would we be allowed to use pre crisis feats?

Pre-CRISIS should be canon for Orion in Post-CRISIS. For Superman I only use Pre-CRISIS examples that were referenced Post-CRISIS or shown retroconned back into continuity. But I was going to do showings, not straight-up feats. Orion won't really win or match that. Few characters can.

thingy150
I did not mean feats i meant scans because i think they might have fought pre crisis

Delta1938
I did not mean feats i meant scans because i think they might have fought pre crisis

There's only one I'm aware of.

thingy150
So what is your stance, are you just trying to disprove the scans?

bluewaterrider
So we need two more and a ref.

reading

HulkIsHulk
I volunteer for judge since I am one of the most biased posters ever.

Delta1938
So what is your stance, are you just trying to disprove the scans?

Your claim as a whole that Orion=/>Superman.

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
reading

Just to cover my bases, no, you are not going to be a judge.

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
I volunteer for judge since I am one of the most biased posters ever.

laughing I'm not sure how to respond to that.

thingy150
I am arguing that he is = superman in lvl, not greater.

Delta1938
I am arguing that he is = superman in lvl, not greater.

You've DEFINITELY posted stuff that was clearly arguing Orion>Superman, you just fall back on "I don't have enough." Regardless, Superman>Orion and I'm going to prove you wrong. sneer

HulkIsHulk
laughing I'm not sure how to respond to that.
That tells me I hit the spot. Heck I still volunteer, since I know next to nothing about the recent versions of oth characters.

Delta1938
That tells me I hit the spot. Heck I still volunteer, since I know next to nothing about the recent versions of oth characters.

Thingy claims Orion is equal or superior to Superman. I say otherwise. Pre-FLASHPOINT continuity for both. We need at least 3 judges we can agree on, as well as a moderator/referee.

HulkIsHulk
Know barely past Flashpoint either (f**k you Zoom). Its been years since I've actually read a DC comic. I just dropin a check one issue but that's it.

Delta1938
Know barely past Flashpoint either (f**k you Zoom). Its been years since I've actually read a DC comic. I just dropin a check one issue but that's it.

confused The versions for the coming debate are before the FLASHPOINT reboot.

HulkIsHulk
confused The versions for the coming debate are before the FLASHPOINT reboot.
Oh I see. To tell the truth, I've left DC comics shortly after IC. I just jump in jump out after that. Even before that I was an irregular reader and after IC left it near completely.

thingy150
You've DEFINITELY posted stuff that was clearly arguing Orion>Superman, you just fall back on "I don't have enough." Regardless, Superman>Orion and I'm going to prove you wrong. sneer

That was way before we even argued and i said in my opinion he should be, how are you going to prove me wrong? Feats cannot disprove there showings together. So basically you are going to debate against canon things because you personally feel that superman is better, how are you going to prove the actual feats and scans of them being stated to be the same level, how?

DarkSaint85
I guess we'll see in the arena!!!!

thingy150
I am dumbfounded on how he is going to argue and what he is going to do to disprove the scans, i guess i will have to learn once the thread starts.

Delta1938
That was way before we even argued and i said in my opinion he should be, how are you going to prove me wrong? Feats cannot disprove there showings together. So basically you are going to debate against canon things because you personally feel that superman is better, how are you going to prove the actual feats and scans of them being stated to be the same level, how?

I am dumbfounded on how he is going to argue and what he is going to do to disprove the scans, i guess i will have to learn once the thread starts.

This is going to be fun.

thingy150
I have no idea how you are going to debate and my cards are already on the table, this is very fun for you and a bit unfair of a start for me, i guess goading you into sharing your hand did not work.

Delta1938
I have no idea how you are going to debate and my cards are already on the table, this is very fun for you and a bit unfair of a start for me, i guess goading you into sharing your hand did not work.

In all honesty, I think the only difference it would make if you hadn't already shown your hand is you'd be more confident. I highly doubt the outcome will be different enough to matter.

psycho gundam
You guys are spamming up the battlezone thread with all this dumb shit.

thingy150
Originally posted by psycho gundam
You guys are spamming up the battlezone thread with all this dumb shit.

Give me a sec, i just need to find my violin and then i can play you a sad song, do you want some tissues to go along with it?

Delta1938
Give me a sec, i just need to find my violin and then i can play you a sad song, do you want some tissues to go along with it?

Thingy-1. Psycho Gundam-0.

psycho gundam
Thingy-1. Psycho Gundam-0. Please. His username is a euphemism for a micro-penis.

Delta1938
Please. His username is a euphemism for a micro-penis.

Here ya go.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111120069/3687718-3466674-4882418762-gt_im.jpg

psycho gundam
Okay I see where this is going. Once the memes from 07 come out then we have no more to fake argue about on the internet.

Goodnight

thingy150
Please. His username is a euphemism for a micro-penis.

http://m.memegen.com/f191f3.jpg

thingy150
Okay I see where this is going. Once the memes from 07 come out then we have no more to fake argue about on the internet.

Goodnight

awww somebody's cranky, who needs a nap, you do, you do.

Delta1938

Goodnight

You came on to complain about us "spamming the BZ thread." We're keeping it contained to one thread. My thread. So I suggest you just ignore this thread.

thingy150
You came on to complain about us "spamming the BZ thread." We're keeping it contained to one thread. My thread. So I suggest you just ignore this thread.

delta-1. gundam-(-3).

Delta1938
delta-1. gundam-(-3).

Negative 3? eek! Ouch!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.