The Bada/Raptor Announcement Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Badabing
Hello, I'm Badabing. You all may have seen me modding here since early Summer. The Star Wars forums aren't my usual area. I've always modded the comic book forums, especially the CB vs forum. But it looks like I'll be here until Ush, Rex and Queeq have more time. Mech and Gundark are rarely/never on anymore.

I'd like to clarify and explain a few things.

1) This is not my forum. The rules in place were set by mods who know the people and Star Wars better than me. I'm not here to change rules.

2) I'm no expert on Star Wars lore. I know Star Wars from the movies and animated series. So it's tough for me to know which thread is a spite/bait thread.

3) There have been socks making accounts just to troll a few posters and bash certain characters. I will continue to ban these trolls and delete their threads and posts. I guess it's nice having nothing better to do. ermm

4) I've seen that certain posters have a habit of talking to the socks, and in some cases encouraging the socks. I ask that this stop. I know in some cases that people just respond to a bombastic post w/o looking to see who they are replying. That's understandable. But there are 2-4 of you who have a habit of replying. I will be sending PMs to those people if it continues. Following the PMs will be warnings/temp bans.

5) Mods aren't here to ref matches or settle grudges. What you may see as trolling, bashing, flaming, baiting, etc. a mod may see as harmless trash talk. One post usually isn't enough to warrant a mod stepping in, unless that post is filled with extreme language, hate speech, or images against the rules. A string of posts will be enough to warrant a mod's intervention.

6) I am accessible through PMs. Message me if there is anything needed or the reports are not replied to within a reasonable amount of time, say 2 hours.

7) I have been active enough in the Star Wars forums to uncover certain rivalries. If people can't get along it may be best to use the ignore function.

8) King Joker. I perm banned his original account by mistake. It was supposed to be a temp ban. I told him he could come back. I then banned his 2nd account as a sock account without realizing who he was originally. dur me! embarrasment Now he's back again and this was ok'd by me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and PM me with any questions.

Any complaints and this will be the outcome:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/kmcprofile/21905_zps5rumrypg.gif

Badabing
I've received the reports and PMs from people. So nothing has been ignored. As noted above:

Originally posted by Badabing

2) I'm no expert on Star Wars lore. I know Star Wars from the movies and animated series. So it's tough for me to know which thread is a spite/bait thread.

5) Mods aren't here to ref matches or settle grudges. What you may see as trolling, bashing, flaming, baiting, etc. a mod may see as harmless trash talk. One post usually isn't enough to warrant a mod stepping in, unless that post is filled with extreme language, hate speech, or images against the rules. A string of posts will be enough to warrant a mod's intervention.

From the trolling and spite/bait complaints I think most of that stuff stems from disagreements on characters. If I start looking into everything then I'm sure people from both sides will need my attention.

I have contacted a few people to help me sort through some of the stuff. If I find out it's blatant trolling and spite/bait threads then I will deal with it accordingly.

Some of you need to decide whether you want mods to be strict and aggressive, or let you sort things out,

Badabing
I spoken to several people regarding some of the trolling happening here. My list is down to 3 names of people who do little more than troll. I've made repeated attempts to have people stop the trolling. But the PMs and reports from several people are piling up. If the nonsense doesn't stop soon I will be giving temp bans. That's not my first choice but temp bans have a 100% success rate of stopping nonsense. thumb up

Badabing
I've received some good feedback since this post. I'm okay with running jokes. But not when they are done every day in several threads. I hope the trolling via Bane stops.

It's also been brought to my attention that some of the stuff happening stems from other forums. I obviously can't do anything about that but I do weigh my decisions with that stuff in mind.

Some of you do need thicker skin. I understand it can be grating to see the same people post the same nonsense about the same character every day. And I don't condone that sort of behavior. But does it really impact your life that much?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.