How Powerful is Exar Kun, exactly?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILS
When I say how powerful is Kun, I mean how powerful is he individually, without any amps, nexuses or special circumstances ect. In his physical form.

Be as specific as you want. You can gauge him by comparing him to another character, for example Kun is as powerful as Darth Malgus (just an example, remain seated).

List him alongside/above characters based on specific powers, i.e Sorcery, TK.

I want to truly quantify just how powerful he is. Using accolades to determine who he peers/is more powerful than is also encouraged, i.e "most powerful of his time" and the like.

NewGuy01
Probably weaker than Krayt.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I have him on roughly even footing with ROTJ Vader, and a bit weaker than Krayt.

Nephthys
Immensely powerful. If the quotes about him being the most powerful of all Sith Lords up to his time are to be believed, then that would make him greater even than the Exiles, Tulak Hord, Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow and Freedon Nadd. And possibly Vitiate as well, though he was surpassed eventually at the least by him imo. So he should definitely be up there among the most powerful ever even without his gauntlet.

DarthAnt66
Weaker then Revan.

Nephthys
Kun>Revan.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I have him on roughly even footing with ROTJ Vader, and a bit weaker than Krayt.

thumb up Seems like a fair assessment.

carthage
Vader is more powerful than Krayt though

The Merchant
Anderson said that Kun is his strongest Sith creation. He's stronger than Ragnis, Sadow, Kressh, Qel-Droma, and Nadd. I wouldn't say the Exiles though.

Zenwolf
Eh he hasn't shown any real good TK, just the basics, he's shown some nice strength and has shown some alright dueling skill and has some nice accolades. So he's up there, but I probably wouldn't put him around Dooku's level.

The Merchant
He mostly has accolades that's why. His best ones are being called the Strongest Dark Lord of the Sith from the SW fact files, ONE of the strongests Dark Lords of the Sith from some source I can't remember, and being one of the most powerful focal points of the Dark-side Luke has ever felt, the only other person he compared that to is Palpatine himself.

ILS
Yeah, a factfile from 2001 said he was the most powerful Dark Lord of the Sith, and the complete Encyclopedia said he was once the most powerful of the Sith Lords. I need to uncover more accolades from him but it's a lot of digging...

AncientPower
Be gets compared a lot to Sidious so that has to say a lot.

He has two uber drain feats and neither of them were particularly ampedand no ritual was involved..

The first time he drained the spirits of thousands of Massassi Children and trapped them in the Golden Age.

The second time he absorbed possibly millions of Massassi and then used that power to imbue the Sith apparatus which then unleashed his spirit.

He has plenty of top tier feats you just have to look at them properly.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by AncientPower
Be gets compared a lot to Sidious so that has to say a lot.

He has two uber drain feats and neither of them were particularly ampedand no ritual was involved..

The first time he drained the spirits of thousands of Massassi Children and trapped them in the Golden Age.

The second time he absorbed possibly millions of Massassi and then used that power to imbue the Sith apparatus which then unleashed his spirit.

He has plenty of top tier feats you just have to look at them properly.

Pretty sure his Drain feats were when he was near the Temples which radiated with dark energies, thus it being an amp.

AncientPower
Considering it is explicitly stated that the temples there only focused power and furthermore that Kun is the Sith Lord responsible for all Dark Side corruption on the planet I don't believe that is correct.

At the very best any amp would have been marginal and considering Naga Sadow's effect on the planet or lack thereof I further doubt any considerable amplification to Kun.

Infact it is stated clearly that Kun drained the Massassi first and then used that power to unleash the Sith Apparatus which allowed his Essence Transfer.

Zenwolf
So yeah, he had to drain power to do what he did for the Transfer, so that wasn't under his own power. But still ILS is asking for any non amp stuff for Kun, so bringing up even a marginal thing would be considered as such. He's asking for what Kun is able to do by himself with no help in regards to anything.

AncientPower
The feat I am referring to is not Essence Transfer but Force Drain itself.

But even so weakened as he was in Jedi Academy he was still decimating Luke and Co.

Zenwolf
The feat I am referring to is not Essence Transfer but Force Drain itself.

But even so weakened as he was in Jedi Academy he was still decimating Luke and Co.

Right but he had been in his place of power for what...like 3-4k years? So of course he would with all that time gathering up his power.

Although I think ILS was wanting more of when he was alive stuff, hence 'In his physical form" of the OP.

AncientPower
It is stated outright that he couldn't draw from the temples and that he was starved of energy. Forcing him to slumber there until pirates and later Luke woke him up.

Zenwolf
It is stated outright that he couldn't draw from the temples and that he was starved of energy. Forcing him to slumber there until pirates and later Luke woke him up.

And all of this is moot Ancient, we're going off of physical only feats, not spirit ones.

The Merchant
Another great quote is how him vs. ROTJ Palpatine would be the only way to determine who's the strongest Sith of all time, according to Anderson. However Anderson has also said that he made all his Sith including Kun on a firmly lower tier then Palpatine. Despite this, I think there's a good chance Kun is like top 5 when it comes to the strongest Sith....

Sinious
I have him at my top 10 sith,right above Vader and Krayt.

NTJack0
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Stronger then Revan. Agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.