Azula vs. Zaheer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Azula is in her non-crazy mental state.
Zaheer doesn't have the ability of flight.

Setting: Open Field

|King Joker|
Not sure.

Nephthys
Azula.

KingD19
Zaheer. Iirc nobody challenged him aside from Tenzin and Avatar State Korra.

Nephthys
Without his flight he's not that great.

pym-ftw
Zaheer can pull the air out of her, and most likely stops fire bending being both scientifically and how fire bending gains power by correct breathing.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Nephthys
Without his flight he's not that great. erm

Nephthys
I meant that he's not so great that you need to be AS Korra to fight him. Tenzin was all over him and Kya gave him a great fight. A bender as powerful and skilled as Azula should still surpass him.

|King Joker|
Eh, maybe. I'm still not sure.

naurtoisbeast
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Eh, maybe. I'm still not sure. Originally posted by |King Joker|
Eh, maybe. I'm still not sure. i think azula will win here

StealthRanger
I think nardoisbeast will lose here

KingD19
Originally posted by Nephthys
I meant that he's not so great that you need to be AS Korra to fight him. Tenzin was all over him and Kya gave him a great fight. A bender as powerful and skilled as Azula should still surpass him.

Tenzin is the best Airbender in the world, trained by the previous best Airbender in the world(Aang). It makes sense Zaheer wouldn't be able to overcome him. And don't make it sound like Tenzin wasn't beastly. He took on all four of the Red Lotus and was more than holding his own until they all attacked at once and P'li's explosion rocked him from close range. Even before that he was impressing when he fought those Sato mechs and he's got more feats I don't even remember.

And let's be honest, Kya didn't give him a great fight; not even close. The most she did was slam him while he was trying to fly away and briefly catch his foot in ice. He dominated the entire fight and took her down as well as two other benders in under a minute.

marwash22
iirc, Aang danced around Azula in every encounter they had. I don't think she ever so much as landed a hit on him.

been a while since i watched the OG series tho, so i could be forgetting something.

Zaheer is better than young Aang.

NemeBro
Originally posted by marwash22
iirc, Aang danced around Azula in every encounter they had. I don't think she ever so much as landed a hit on him.

been a while since i watched the OG series tho, so i could be forgetting something.

Zaheer is better than young Aang. She managed to do very well against Aang in Crossroads of Destiny, actually taking him out of the fight long enough for her and Zuko to double-team Katara. Though, in that case, rather than trying to avoid with Airbending he tried to power through with Earthbending which was at the time his weakest element.

In just about all the other fights (I actually did just watch the entire original series), however, you're basically right. Azula had a lot of trouble dealing with Aang's maneuverability. Furthermore, she was basically losing to Katara in the aforementioned fight.

The only people who has 1v1'd Zaheer are Tenzin (who is even better at Airbending) and AS Korra.

Zaheer should take this more times than not.

KingD19
Even with his flight, they still made it clear that Tenzin>>>>>Zaheer. And Tenzin>>Red Lotus until they gang up on him.

marwash22
true.

why is that relevant here?

KingD19
Originally posted by marwash22
true.

why is that relevant here?

Neph pointed out that Tenzin whooped Zaheer and how that made this a more likely win for Azula. Pointing out just how skilled and powerful Tenzin is puts that in context. The only person aside from Tenzin to make Zaheer even sweat was AS Korra in rage mode.

And nobody else, not even entire teams of skilled benders looked as good against the Red Lotus as Aang Jr.

marwash22
oh. yeah, losing to Tenzin is not a knock on Zaheer.

Zaheer is second most powerful airbender alive after Tenzin... both of whom are better than young Aang, who Azula struggled against.

Q99
Originally posted by NemeBro
She managed to do very well against Aang in Crossroads of Destiny, actually taking him out of the fight long enough for her and Zuko to double-team Katara. Though, in that case, rather than trying to avoid with Airbending he tried to power through with Earthbending which was at the time his weakest element.

In just about all the other fights (I actually did just watch the entire original series), however, you're basically right. Azula had a lot of trouble dealing with Aang's maneuverability. Furthermore, she was basically losing to Katara in the aforementioned fight.

Katara in general did really well against Firebenders once she got skilled. There was some rock-paper-scissor effect going on there, I feel.

During the Chase, Azula was fighting well against both Aang and Zuko at the same time, for that matter.

Nephthys
To be fair to Azula with the cave fight, they were super far below ground. Well away from the sun that firebenders get power from.

KingD19
They didn't seem to be notably weakened. The only time I've seen a Firebender get worse because of no sun was when there no sun at all. So when Aang went water demon, and the day of Black Sun. Just being underground didn't seem to effect them any.

wakkawakkawakka
As for Zaheer's 1v1 record, didn't he fight Tonraq twice?

NemeBro
Originally posted by KingD19
Even with his flight, they still made it clear that Tenzin>>>>>Zaheer. And Tenzin>>Red Lotus until they gang up on him. Nah, they were trying to subdue him and Ghazan wasn't even using lava IIRC. He hit them all with a single surprise attack is all.

Zaheer should still win though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.