The Dark Warriors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Darth Malak, SoD Maul, and Lord Scourge (SWTOR) face off against The 2nd Emperor's Wrath, Ulic Qel Droma, and Deceived Malgus (Pre-Waifu). Which team comes out on top?

Fight takes place in the ruins of the Jedi Temple.

NewGuy01
Hm.

The Merchant
Team 2.

carthage
Team 2

Wrath can take Malak, Malgus or Ulic would kill Scourge, Malgus would decimate Scourge and or hold off Maul long enough for Ulic to kill Scourge

ILS
I don't really know anything about Scourge or Wrath, but...

I believe Maul should be slightly above Ulic overall as a combatant, while Malak is slightly better overall than Malgus.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by ILS
Malak is slightly better overall than Malgus.

Interesting.

The Merchant
Huh, what makes you say that ILS my child, my friend?

carthage
Not at that point no, Malgus is more powerful than Malak and a somewhat better duelist. Malak has no real force feats rivaling blowing up ships with a force scream, blasting away tons of rubble of two buildings, or ragdolling Jedi/moving a boulder that blocked an entire mountain path

Sabers might be close but Malgus is more powerful

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Malgus barely out-shined Zallow with the force, Malak casually froze Revan. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3177439056.gif

carthage
Malgus has vastly superior by TK feats to Zallow or Malak, and given Malaks affinity for dueling he'd try to duke it out with him first imo.

DarthAnt66
*scans for KotOR characters*
Ah, Malak. Team 1 wins. lol jk

Darth Malak > The 2nd Wrath
Darth Maul = Ulic Qel-Droma
Lord Scourge > Darth Malgus
Meh, nvm. Team 1 still wins.

ILS
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Interesting. Originally posted by The Merchant
Huh, what makes you say that ILS my child, my friend? I dunno.. Malak's feat on the Leviathan, and his accolade of being ranked among some of the most powerful Sith in history, puts him slightly above Malgus' power IMO. Although I'm sort of retracting this statement as I type it. Malak also may be a more skilled duelist although I'm torn on this as well...
Originally posted by carthage
Not at that point no, Malgus is more powerful than Malak and a somewhat better duelist. Malak has no real force feats rivaling blowing up ships with a force scream, blasting away tons of rubble of two buildings, or ragdolling Jedi/moving a boulder that blocked an entire mountain path

Sabers might be close but Malgus is more powerful To be fair with the Force Scream one he only blew up the fuel cells, not the ships themselves, but it's still impressive as shit.

carthage
Neph will disagree with you stick out tongue

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by carthage
Malgus has vastly superior by TK feats to Malak.

Casually making Revan and Bastila look like pansies with TK>overloading fuel cells with a one-off force scream, throwing rocks, and ragdolling Jedi (Which Malak has also done.)

DarthAnt66
I don't understand why people underestimate Malak. His power should be directly compared to Revan's. erm Skillz, come to TOF.

ILS
Well in that case Malgus wrecks Malak cause Revan sucks hard

I mean all of his feats are mainly just basic gameplay mechanics nothing too impressive there

and he ran away from mandalorians in the Revan novel. lol

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ILS
Well in that case Malgus wrecks Malak cause Revan sucks hard

I mean all of his feats are mainly just basic gameplay mechanics nothing too impressive there

and he ran away from mandalorians in the Revan novel. lol
@ TheLaemOne : ILS has been a bright spot for Malak, btw.
@ DarthAnt66 : Indeed. Im beginning to like ILS

@ TheLaemOne : That's about to change.

...indeed Skillz. Indeed.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
@ TheLaemOne : inb4 ILS says Vos>Revan/Malak

ILS
Vos > Revan and Malak combined tbh

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Shut up! It's not funny!

ILS
Factual statements rarely are.

Nephthys
I think the most sensible match ups are:

Scourge vs Wrath
Maul vs Ulic
Malak vs Malgus

Team 2 just about wins because of Malgus beating Malak. Though Ulic might beat Maul and the Wrath might beat Scourge as well.

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Casually making Revan and Bastila look like pansies with TK>overloading fuel cells with a one-off force scream, throwing rocks, and ragdolling Jedi (Which Malak has also done.)

Not really. Leviathan!Revan and Bastila weren't that impressive.

ILS
I don't think Ulic could beat any iteration of Maul. They'd be close, close fights, but Ulic's feats aren't quite up to scratch. And if it's TPM Maul, he's facing a weapon he is utterly unfamiliar with.

Nephthys
Weren't you hyping Ommin like crazy just yesterday? And Ulic was able to tank his shit and beat him. Plus he deflected cannon-fire from a Basalisk War Droid, so I doubt Maul will be capable of harming him with the Force. And he has appeared in multiple places at once well before his prime, so his speed is clearly up to scratch with Mauls, if not higher. Matching Kun for strength is indicative of Maul levels too. In terms of skill he's also equal to or above Maul based on his Kun and Sylvar fights.

And I doubt he'd be that unfamiliar with the weapon based around his own masters creation.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys
In terms of skill he's also equal to or above Maul based on his Kun and Sylvar fights.

Proof?

Nephthys
I kind of thought the fights were the proof.....

ILS
1. Weren't you hyping Ommin like crazy just yesterday? And Ulic was able to tank his shit and beat him. Plus he deflected cannon-fire from a Basalisk War Droid, so I doubt Maul will be capable of harming him with the Force.

2. And he has appeared in multiple places at once well before his prime, so his speed is clearly up to scratch with Mauls, if not higher.

3. Matching Kun for strength is indicative of Maul levels too.

4. In terms of skill he's also equal to or above Maul based on his Kun and Sylvar fights.

5. And I doubt he'd be that unfamiliar with the weapon based around his own masters creation. 1. Which are great showings of willpower/shields. And while I agree Maul would have a hard time pushing his weight with TK, it's not something that will never, ever happen.

2. Maul has done this is as well, and then some if we're talking about travel speed. They're quite close in terms of speed but if there's to be a difference, it's in Maul's favour.

3. I agree, his strength is probably on par with Maul's. For what strength feats we do have for him, which includes throwing an armored Mandalorian with one arm (something Maul has done as well, coincidentally), Ulic has shown that he's incredibly strong, at least enough to hold his own with Kun if not match him.

4. Nah. I say Kun is like, a quarter to a half a tier below Maul in terms of sheer lightsaber skill. Obviously past that Kun has some advantages in a duel like altering his lightsaber settings, but that only applies to his saberstaff, which Ulic didn't fight against. So yeah, Ulic matching Kun and contending but not pushing an offence against Sylvar doesn't put him above Maul.

5. Not wholly unfamiliar but it'd be conjecture to suggest he's ever fought against one and would be prepared for it.

The_Tempest
Not without context.

Now if you wanted to shoot for Ulic's in the ballpark as Maul (giving you room to maneuver), but you've committed to the notion that Ulic is Maul's equal or better, which is a pretty tall claim you haven't supported.

Nephthys
But... you already know the context and so does ILS. erm

Don't be difficult, bro.

Originally posted by ILS
1. Which are great showings of willpower/shields. And while I agree Maul would have a hard time pushing his weight with TK, it's not something that will never, ever happen.

2. Maul has done this is as well, and then some if we're talking about travel speed. They're quite close in terms of speed but if there's to be a difference, it's in Maul's favour.

3. I agree, his strength is probably on par with Maul's. For what strength feats we do have for him, which includes throwing an armored Mandalorian with one arm (something Maul has done as well, coincidentally), Ulic has shown that he's incredibly strong, at least enough to hold his own with Kun if not match him.

4. Nah. I say Kun is like, a quarter to a half a tier below Maul in terms of sheer lightsaber skill. Obviously past that Kun has some advantages in a duel like altering his lightsaber settings, but that only applies to his saberstaff, which Ulic didn't fight against. So yeah, Ulic matching Kun and contending but not pushing an offence against Sylvar doesn't put him above Maul.

5. Not wholly unfamiliar but it'd be conjecture to suggest he's ever fought against one and would be prepared for it.

1. He ran through Ommin's attack with the power of the lightside, not willpower. Doing that to someone as powerful as Ommin before Ulic improved and gained a Sith amulet that amped his power indicates to me that Maul would have to catch him off guard to affect him with the Force.

2. I know, that's why I compared the two, The difference is that Ulic did it early in the comics and became greatly more powerful afterwards, so I see it the other way around. If theres an edge, it's Ulic's.

3. thumb up

4. I did say equal to or above, not strictly above.

5. Well in either case this is SoD Maul. So it doesn't matter.

ILS
1. Okay, I don't really care either way lol.

2. The same could be said about Maul's pre-TPM speed feats, a time period where he was progressively getting more powerful. He then received an exponential increase in power when entering TCW. So there shouldn't be a real disparity in speed if we're using the "before he hit his prime" argument. If anything, it's in Maul's favour.

4. I'd say he's equal at best, personally, but I think we agree they're close at least.

5. Indeed.

The_Tempest
But... you already know the context and so does ILS. erm

Don't be difficult, bro.

It's a very precise level you've ascribed that your post doesn't support.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
1. Okay, I don't really care either way lol.

2. The same could be said about Maul's pre-TPM speed feats, a time period where he was progressively getting more powerful. He then received an exponential increase in power when entering TCW. So there shouldn't be a real disparity in speed if we're using the "before he hit his prime" argument. If anything, it's in Maul's favour.

4. I'd say he's equal at best, personally, but I think we agree they're close at least.

5. Indeed.

1. Ok. On the flipside, Ulic doesn't have much offense with the Force besides bursts of darkside energy that while power probably won't do too much to Maul.

2. I don't think it's ever stated that he received in exponential increase in power as of TCW. He was greater, but it was never stated to be a large increase. By contrast Ulic should receive a hefty boost from his amulet on top of his further developed power and prowess. Plus Maul may be hampered in his movement speed by his legs.

4. Yeah, I originally said they were even with a possible edge to Ulic. Their fight is seen as not effecting the overall fight to me, it'll be decided in other areas.

Originally posted by The_Tempest
It's a very precise level you've ascribed that your post doesn't support.

Hardly. My post was vague and imprecise on purpose. I was summarising.

ILS
1. Agreed.

2. Savage and Jason Fry have both said he gained a power increase, and his feats have seen a drastic increase.

4. Agreed/noted.

Nephthys
Like I said, he increased in power. But it hasn't been confirmed to be by a significant amount. And he's just seen a drastic increase in actually performing feats imo, and he's feats haven't been that drastically above his previous ones in terms of speed and dueling.

ILS
If you want a comparison, in Star Wars: Darth Maul, he launches a TK blast that stumbled five Black Sun. In TCW he was hurling dozens of soldiers and droids through the air. There's a clear difference in power.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.