Depa Billaba Respect Thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
Well, nine days, mountains of starbucks cups and a bunch of restless nights later, here it is. The Ultimate Depa Billaba respect thread.

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/fated_xtasy/blog/depa-billaba-respect-thread/101204/

"Respect Depa-Mother****ing-Billaba" - Samuel L Jackson(true story)

lol somebody needs to get Samuel L Jackson to say that. anyway, Let me know what you guys think and Enjoy!

Big thanks to Erkan for the scans and to my friendlies, King Joker, WildBantha88 and Emperordmb for the support. Stay frosty guys. Imma go get some more starbucks big grin

ILS
Nice job, man. My opinion of Depa has definitely increased after giving that a read.

Now, don't take this in a bad way because I know most people barely rate Fisto, but I would put Depa's swordsmanship on par with someone like Kit Fisto, or Plo Koon. I considered them to be only slightly below the likes of Darth Maul and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by ILS
Nice job, man. My opinion of Depa has definitely increased after giving that a read.

Now, don't take this in a bad way because I know most people barely rate Fisto, but I would put Depa's swordsmanship on par with someone like Kit Fisto, or Plo Koon. I considered them to be only slightly below the likes of Darth Maul and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Thanks dude! I'm glad this respect thread changed your perspective on Depa, I did this on a random whim really.

Don't worry about it man, everyone ranks people differently. smile I'm just glad i got this out so people can start respecting Depa a bit more stick out tongue

Emperordmb
I have Depa as the 5th or 6th most powerful Jedi of her era.

Nice job my droogie!

NewGuy01
Aright, let's take a look at this.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by NewGuy01

What did ya think of it Sasu?
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I have Depa as the 5th or 6th most powerful Jedi of her era.

Nice job my droogie!

Thank you Dmb. big grin

DarthAnt66
Good thread but *OCD intensifies*
*drum roll*

|King Joker|
Great respect thread, Xtasy! smile

DarthAnt66
Joker, I love you baby.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Great respect thread, Xtasy! smile

Thanks Joker, hopefully Depa gets some feats in the up coming Kanan comics. Also, would you guys mind not spamming my thread with your lovey dovey comments, i'd just like to keep it about Depa. That's all I ask please and thank you.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Thanks Joker, hopefully Depa gets some feats in the up coming Kanan comics. Also, would you guys mind not spamming my thread with your lovey dovey comments, i'd just like to keep it about Depa. That's all I ask please and thank you. I hope she gets some good feats in the Kanan comic, too. I think she might. Depends on how much they explore Kanan's training with her. IIRC that's what the comic is supposed to be about but I'm not sure.

Fated Xtasy
I hope she gets some good feats in the Kanan comic, too. I think she might. Depends on how much they explore Kanan's training with her. IIRC that's what the comic is supposed to be about but I'm not sure.

I read an interview with one of the head writers of the comic, supposedly, they are going to show Kanan and Depa fighting against Separatist, but in the same interview the guy said that the comic would take place a day before order 66 so, I guess we'll have to wait and see sad

|King Joker|
I read an interview with one of the head writers of the comic, supposedly, they are going to show Kanan and Depa fighting against Separatist, but in the same interview the guy said that the comic would take place a day before order 66 so, I guess we'll have to wait and see sad We're gonna see Depa shot to death, then.

DarthAnt66
Did they confirm Mace was Depa's master in the new canon or no?

|King Joker|
No.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
You put Jaden over Depa or no, Fated?

NewGuy01
Good thread, thoroughly enjoyed it. But because I know no one is willing to take the roll of critic, I feel it necessary that I note a couple things that could be improved:

1.) There were a lot of insignificant accolades. It's good to be thorough, but many of them detract from the thread rather than adding to it.

2.) In the "Combat Abilities" section, you continue to mention feats of speed/strength that attribute more to the previous "Force Augmentation" section. I presume this is because it can be attributed to both, which is why I suggest not being afraid to post the same quote/scan in more than one section when addressing different angles on it.

3.) Lastly, more regarding her fight with Mace than the thread overall, I know it's a Depa respect thread, but let's not try to gimp out the fact that she was amped.

BTW, for speed, doesn't she also seem to disappear behind a haze of green fire at one point? Also, I don't believe there's any source confirming Mace as a master of all 7 forms, even if he probably is.

DarthAnt66
Since when were insignificant accolades a bad thing? messed

Emperordmb
I hope she gets some good feats in the Kanan comic, too. I think she might. Depends on how much they explore Kanan's training with her. IIRC that's what the comic is supposed to be about but I'm not sure.
Love your new profile pic BTW my droogie.

DarthAnt66
Love your new profile pic BTW my droogie.
Stop trying to damn flirt with my fiance. Gosh.

Fated Xtasy
Good thread, thoroughly enjoyed it. But because I know no one is willing to take the roll of critic, I feel it necessary that I note a couple things that could be improved:

Thanks

Hey, if i'm going to go through a book a bunch of times, Imma be thorough. Though, I'm assuming this about her "Hope/beacon" accolade, to which i have to say. They are force users themselves and the fact that they respect her and even fear her, says a lot.

Yeah, thanks, I just don't wanna spam the same thing more than once you know?

It's sad how you think that was my intention, I merely stated that she was also incredibly exhausted from fighting for months, while Mace had only been there a week. sad

That haze of fire was during the fight between Her and Mace iirc and the source for Mace being a master of Vaapad, I saw that on Wookiee and then i looked at Marco's respect thread and didn't see it there, I'll change it soon.

But, thanks for the critique and for reading through the respect thread. I appreciate it. smile

NewGuy01
But you didn't make any note of the fact whatsoever, when it's an important detail. It would be misleading to people who know less about Depa, and that's the target audience for the thread.

Yep.

carthage
She also fought him and was amped by darkside energy in that bunker

DarthAnt66
Plus Mace was severely injured and exhausted.

Fated Xtasy
But you didn't make any note of the fact whatsoever, when it's an important detail. It would be misleading to people who know less about Depa, and that's the target audience for the thread.

Like i said, I had been pulling some long nights, reading through shatterpoint, going, through the old Databanks, searching for more of Depa's appearances in the EU(which reminds me i need to credit someone for a specific quote), not to mention i went back and forth from one page to the other trying to search for stuff I might have missed. I just spent a lot of time double-checking Shatterpoint for stuff I might have missed(more than double-checking), making sure the thread itself looked good/presentable and searching for old and new canon accolades. I'm sorry if i failed to mention that, I was quite literally running on fumes when i finished that thread. It was not my intention to withhold that info or anything, I was just tired. Thanks again for the critique and for the heads up. I'll fix it when I can.

DarthAnt66
I feel I'm the only one who doesn't credit people in my threads, thinking about it. :mmm:

ILS
Wasn't Mace also disinterested when he was fighting Depa?

carthage
Yeah he was. On top or being injured, heavily exhausted, and other factors

Emperordmb
Disinterested is not how I'd describe it.

ILS
Course it isn't.

Emperordmb
What do you mean by that?

DarthAnt66
#shotsfired

ILS
bangbang

Emperordmb
Unless I am missing something, disinterested means he has no interest in the fight. The text makes it rather abundantly clear that Mace is fighting for his life there, and there's a lot of emotional turmoil in that fight, so he sure as hell isn't disinterested.

DarthAnt66
ILS, when I get back on DMBE tomorrow I'll invite you.

|King Joker|
War has been declared.

DarthAnt66
They all want/allowed me to be back on. *shrugs* Can't wait to have sex with you in chat see you soon, baby.

ILS
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
ILS, when I get back on DMBE tomorrow I'll invite you. Interesting. I don't really know what that is but I'll see you there.

DarthAnt66
DMB and the gang say they love you. You will be well welcomed, like myself.

ILS
Swish

DarthAnt66

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lusfe3yS4S1qh8m7x.gif

DarthAnt66
Anywaysssss how about that Depa Thread, amiright? Pretty sexy shit.

|King Joker|
Does ILS like bathing kittens?

Fated Xtasy
Would you guys please stop derailing my thread? sheesh, I don't go to your Revan respect thread and spam Ant. So please just stop already, keep it about Billaba and not about random things.

ILS
Does ILS like bathing kittens? Yes, and with them.

DarthAnt66
Would you guys please stop derailing my thread? sheesh, I don't go to your Revan respect thread and spam Ant. So please just stop already, keep it about Billaba and not about random things.
In my defense, I'm not the only one derailing your thread. And I did stop. Sorry.

NewGuy01
Disinterested is not how I'd describe it.

To be honest it's close enough. He refused to fight offensively and only defended himself.

Emperordmb
To be honest it's close enough. He refused to fight offensively and only defended himself.
I fail to see how that is him being disinterested though.

NewGuy01
Well, he was disinterested in fighting her. Obviously he's not disinterested in surviving.

Fated Xtasy
Well, he was disinterested in fighting her. Obviously he's not disinterested in surviving.

He was on the defensive all the time, he didn't attack, yeah. but she was breaking through with each strike and was obviously in a far worse state than Mace.

EDIT: I could get into a very drawn out debate about the Nexus thing, but I'd rather focus on our debate(I'm waiting for that response :hmph: ) and i also wanna rest from getting into serious debates for a little bit, between, Bantha, You and the Depa Thread, Well, I think i've earned a rest lol

NewGuy01
Oh, I'm not talking about Harun Kal, at least not exclusively.

DarthAnt66
Fated, you want to have a nexus debate? :iwin:

NewGuy01
Oh. embarrasment Forgot, sorry.

Fated Xtasy
Oh. embarrasment Forgot, sorry.
Lol don't worry about Sasu, do it whenever you can, I seemed to have screwed my leg up and I'm limping everywhere, I won't be going anywhere any time soon lol. Can't wait for that response big grin

NewGuy01
T'was a little short since I'm posting it from my phone, but I responded.

carthage
He wasn't interested in fighting her:
-Shatterpoint

And she was also amped by the darkside energies in the bunker:

She'd been going there to destroy it

Shatterpoint, Pg 391

Her sole skill feat was against an injured, exhausted, and Mace that was in no way interested in fighting her. Forcing a guy on the defensive who is in no condition to fight/when she is amped by a nexus is not a showing that should be lauded too wildly.

Fated Xtasy
Your opinion and those things are noted, again I.do not have time to engage in a debate and id actually like to rest for a little bit, both from long debates and physically given my injury. This a billaba respect thread, not a place to.debate whether or not she used a Nexus, Carthage please stop spamming my thread with that stuff. I will add it when I can, for now all I ask is that you refrain from trying to start a debate in a thread that doesn't have anything to do with that subject. I will add these things to the thread as soon as I.have time. Thank you

carthage
I'm not spamming just let unsuspecting readers who are under the impression Depa has feats off nexus to know she has none with a disclaimer. That's all.

ILS
thumb up

Emperordmb
Well I for one actually appreciate the amount of time and effort you put into this thread Xtasy. A respect thread is no small project, and your completion of this one leaves me very impressed with Depa Billaba. I look forward to your next respect thread whenever that may be.

DarthAnt66
Fated, I hate to be "that guy", but how exactly is Carthage spamming your thread? He only made 3 posts in the thread before that, two of which were only one sentence each and separated. The final is posts after his previous and is trying to clear up misconceptions on Depa's power. That being said, how/where did you get physically injured at?

juyomaster34
Well,done...I like your thread.
Depa's amp came from Fear. I forgot the page numbers but its right in there when he discovers the source of her power,where it says she 's feeding on the people's fear. or something like that.

Once again A master and a former master recieves a bad rep and the wrong place
on those so - called top tiers I read them, all hype IMO...

To stay on topic,your thread to Depa was well written and entertaining. I'm still working on
my thread to Vaapad,Mace Windu,and Juyo.

And to answer the question of Mace Windu Mastering all seven forms...He did.
That's one of the reasons he is second only to Yoda.

I would strongly debate Quinlin Vos to be second only to Mace Windu in regards as understanding and slightly mastering Vaapad better than Sora and Depa...spiritly.
almost as physically as the two former masters.

Another debate for another time.
Good work,Fated Xstacy.

Fated Xtasy
Thanks, Juyomaster, I appreciate the praise. and yes, i do remember that part about the "fear", I'll fish for the quote soon. And I look forward to your Juyo, Vaapad and Mace thread. big grin

Thank you very much for the nice words smile

DarthAnt66
@Fated Xtasy I request publicly, after events on misconceptions of members on other forum boards now believing Depa is an equal to Mace after reading your respect thread, that you include the factors and circumstances behind the fight, including but not limited to Mace being exhausted, weakened, injured, and holding back. Link to thread: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/depa-billaba-respect-thread-1621156/?page=1

Fated Xtasy
Thanks for the heads up, I've.been busy with Homework, writing and several different projects that I am currently working on, so I haven't been able to.edit my thread at all. Rest assured that I will work hard correct this as soon as I am able.

But lets not ignore facts. Depa was suffering from malnutrition and lack of sleep which weakens both the Physical strength and the Mental. And she had gone through months of fighting on Haruun Kal, while Mace.was there for a mere 1-2 weeks. However this is not a debate, I already said I will edit this when I can. Seeing as.I.did forget the amp and the things thathindered Mace.
s
I will edit my respect thread accordingly, when I am able. Thanks again for the heads up.

Fated Xtasy
New updates for the Rt.

Includes.

Disney canon scans and quotes.

Legends canon accolades.

and an updated format to fit my current style. Enjoy!

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/fated_xtasy/blog/depa-billaba-respect-thread/101204/

Lord Stark
Depa is quite powerful. Makes Yoda's trolling her that much better.

juyomaster34
I'll say it again,Fated Xstacy did an excellent job on this thread.
I'm still working on my thread,my job and my family got me busy,
I promise when I have time,I'll finish it.

Depa Billaba is a under rated character along with Quinlin Vos,Dark Woman.Tholme,T'rra Saa
and a few others. We need more characters like them to appear in the SW Rebels and CW series. Tholme is an Anzati trained Master Assassin. A Jedi spy master, and a Jedi Shadow master,who was bested too easily. imo.

Who also imo should have had an appearance in the CW and Rebels.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by juyomaster34
I'll say it again,Fated Xstacy did an excellent job on this thread.
I'm still working on my thread,my job and my family got me busy,
I promise when I have time,I'll finish it.

Yeah. Jobs can be time consuming.

Also thank you for your compliment big grin

Wollfmyth of CV has an RT for T'rra Saa, I'll probably make one for Dark Woman soon.

Bud... read Dark Disciple unfortunately... he's canon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.