Diet and workout for weight loss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Anyone have a diet and workout routine that works?

Which is best?

1. Low Carb

2. Slow Carb

3. Low Cal

4. Low fat

On and on lol what's best?

Time Immemorial
Low carb, high healthy fat diet.

Digi
I'm skeptical of any specific diet, especially ones that sacrifice one or more things almost entirely.

In the last two years I've dropped 30 lbs. just from common sense decisions, mostly involving eating less. Go out to eat? Save half for later. Cereal for breakfast? Have one bowl instead of 2-3. Sh*t like that. I've never counted calories or worried about my diet. If I felt like I was eating stupid in a certain timeframe, I'd take a daily multivitamin for a while. But that's it in terms of planning and strategy.

If you work out regularly, it's different, of course. Because you need certain things to maintain your body's strength and resiliency. But I don't, so it's moot.

Oneness
Originally posted by Supermex
Anyone have a diet and workout routine that works?

Which is best?

1. Low Carb

2. Slow Carb

3. Low Cal

4. Low fat

On and on lol what's best? This is like an MMA-based exercise:

Originally posted by Oneness
I start with cardio, I go about 4 days a week, and alternate between the gym...and at home. Weights and bodyweight, respectively.

Gym:

8.8 speed on tread then till up to 12 after I hit .75 miles up to a six minute mile. Good cardio to get blood flowing back to upper body.

Bench, 8x4
Machines, starting with chest as a super set, alternate between a chest group machine to a machine that works another group 15x2 on each alternating each set

Alternating sets like this for like a dozen machines, slowly reducing weight. High reps beats power in many aspects, better testosterone, endurance strength, volume, etc

Finish off machines alternating between rows and lat pull-downs still at 15x2 for each machine

Go do arms, chin-ups, db curls, and super 8's with the curly bar

Then I go to get some heavy ass dbs for shoulder shrugs, then I finish off with abs: starting with like 20 weighted reps, then finishing with like 125 stomach crunches all on the decline bar, last 25 reps would be abdominal twists to get those obliques targeted

That's a 2-3 hour day

At home bodyweight:

Start out for about 10 minutes non-stop of jump rope

super 8's for pull-ups

super 8's for climbing up and down a rail, that's for forearms, wrists and grip strength

50 or more pushups

Same ab routine as at the gym

Then I finish off with arcs for 15 minutes, last 5 is rolling my neck

Also, use a sauna to detox the body and get plenty of rest

--------------

This is a pure testosterone, lean protein diet high in b-12 with enough nutrients to live off of your whole life, it's for thyroid activation you'll be sick all the time if you have autoimmune disease:

Supplements:

Turmeric
Niacin
Magnesium
Zinc
Melatonin
5-HTP
Coconut oil pills
CoQ10
D13
B3
B12
L-Lysine
L-Arginine
Xian Mao extract
Doder Seed extract
Tribulus Terrestris extract
Tongkat Ali extract
Saw Paimetto extract
Piperine

Drinks:

Coconut water
Propel water
Green tea
Organic black coffee with cinnamon and unsweetened organic cocoa beans (use paper filters)
100% natural lemon juice

Food:

Grade A brown eggs
Garlic on foster farms ground turkey breast (cut it up and saute it in veggies though or ick)
Lean steak
Salmon
Smart balance peanut butter
Black beans
Brazil nuts
brown rice
Spinach
Broccoli/coli-flower
All the greens, all the reds, all the veggies you can find
That goes for fruits too, try super fruits like grapefruits
They also have this delicious gluten-free quinoa pasta that is practically calorie-free

Supermex
This is like an MMA-based exercise:

Also, use a sauna to detox the body and get plenty of rest

--------------

This is a pure testosterone, lean protein diet high in b-12 with enough nutrients to live off of your whole life, it's for thyroid activation you'll be sick all the time if you have autoimmune disease:

Supplements:

Turmeric
Niacin
Magnesium
Zinc
Melatonin
5-HTP
Coconut oil pills
CoQ10
D13
B3
B12
L-Lysine
L-Arginine
Xian Mao extract
Doder Seed extract
Tribulus Terrestris extract
Tongkat Ali extract
Saw Paimetto extract
Piperine

Drinks:

Coconut water
Propel water
Green tea
Organic black coffee with cinnamon and unsweetened organic cocoa beans (use paper filters)
100% natural lemon juice

Food:

Grade A brown eggs
Garlic on foster farms ground turkey breast (cut it up and saute it in veggies though or ick)
Lean steak
Salmon
Smart balance peanut butter
Black beans
Brazil nuts
brown rice
Spinach
Broccoli/coli-flower
All the greens, all the reds, all the veggies you can find
That goes for fruits too, try super fruits like grapefruits
They also have this delicious gluten-free quinoa pasta that is practically calorie-free

Thanks!

SayWhat
Eat 4 times a day and at each meal have a a cup and a half of beans. After each meal go walk for 30 minutes.

Time Immemorial
Quit putting bad shit in your mouth and your body won't look like shit.

Oneness
Originally posted by SayWhat
Eat 4 times a day and at each meal have a a cup and a half of beans. After each meal go walk for 30 minutes. I'd hate to be the one who tosses your salad.

/really dirty joke

Time Immemorial
Eat 4 times a day and at each meal have a a cup and a half of beans. After each meal go walk for 30 minutes.

Who has time to walk 30 min, 4X a day. Unless you unemployed living in your moms house and she's cooking your meals.

Supermex
I'm 6'0 225

Not really fat, but like to be under 200smile

Time Immemorial
I'm 6'0 225

Not really fat, but like to be under 200smile

Its really simple man, get in the gym and hit the weights and eat smart and the lbs will start coming off.

Supermex
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Its really simple man, get in the gym and hit the weights and eat smart and the lbs will start coming off.

Yea but I'm hooked on pizza and burgers as of late lol

Oneness
I'm 6'0 225

Not really fat, but like to be under 200smile Gradually reduce caloric intake on that diet, but make sure you're well fed. If possible, don't eat 4 hours before bedtime. Do some physical activity to keep your mind off food. Like partying, running, training for a sport.

You've got three things, your base metabolism, which is what you need to focus on. Physical exercise causes catabolism, this burns calories, and then speeds up your base metabolism as well by breaking down the body. Then, thirdly, you have to eat, digestion, especially of foods like those I listed, can end up burning close to as many calories as you put in. After digestion, the body moving those nutrients around in and of itself increases your base metabolism. Finally, quality and consistent sleep will also increase your base metabolism.

Your base metabolism is the most important of the three metabolisms.

Supermex

To tell u the truth I been doing 1/2 of beans with each meal for the past 2 weeks.

Beans, lean meat and viggies been my go to lately.
3 times a day.

Need to amp my workout up some. 30mins a day is what I'm at, but today I'm starting 30 min cardio/30 min lifting

Supermex
Gradually reduce caloric intake on that diet, but make sure you're well fed. If possible, don't eat 4 hours before bedtime. Do some physical activity to keep your mind off food. Like partying, running, training for a sport.

You've got three things, your base metabolism, which is what you need to focus on. Physical exercise causes catabolism, this burns calories, and then speeds up your base metabolism as well by breaking down the body. Then, thirdly, you have to eat, digestion, especially of foods like those I listed, can end up burning close to as many calories as you put in. After digestion, the body moving those nutrients around in and of itself increases your base metabolism. Finally, quality and consistent sleep will also increase your base metabolism.

Your base metabolism is the most important of the three metabolisms.

Thank yousmile

SayWhat
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Who has time to walk 30 min, 4X a day. Unless you unemployed living in your moms house and she's cooking your meals.

You can always get a doctors note for your employer stating that you must take a 30 minute walk after each meal. Of course, you won't get paid for those hours. If you go to bed early and get 8 hours sleep, it could be done in the morning before work. And most employers give a one hour lunch. The doctors note would be for later in the day, and you might have to stay later to get your 8 hour day in, if they would allow it.
And then of course, you dinner meal at home, can walk again. Only bad part is the weather and sometimes the neighborhood you live in. May have to join a gym, AND even then you may run into creepers and such. Has been shown thought that a cup of beans at each meal and walking right away, delays the digestion of food and turns a pathway in your muscles for the food to use as fuel instead of just sitting around and having all that energy sit there and get folks fatter.

All depends how much of a commitment folks want to make for their health.

SayWhat
To tell u the truth I been doing 1/2 of beans with each meal for the past 2 weeks.

Beans, lean meat and viggies been my go to lately.
3 times a day.

Need to amp my workout up some. 30mins a day is what I'm at, but today I'm starting 30 min cardio/30 min lifting

Keep up the good work. A very healthy start. Been doing that lately and had to set my ego aside and start out light on the weights.. 10 pounds for upper body was my start and have increased that and 20 to 40 pounds for rows and lower body.

Best to start out small and be progressive and add weight later.

Ran into a lot of guys doing macho posturing and not lifting weights and decided they were going to be a he man and start at much higher weights and caused injury to their shoulders and back.

Takes a little while to condition the tendons and ligaments and best to start out light and add weight each week or two.

But yeah, you are doing the right thing. Aerobics are just as important as anerobics. Get the fuel of glucose to all your various muscle fibers, so it won't back up and cause damage to your liver and pancreas, heart, and eventually cause cancer and tumors

Wish I had know all that at your age, most of this stuff I had to research on my own in able to figure it out. Most doctors only get about 5 hours of nutrition and are rather useless when it come to offering get eating habits and just even casual walking as exercise.

Godspeed

goodChloe
what do you think about detox diet? do somebody have any good examples? thks

Supermex
I find that intermediate fasting can be very successful to. In additional to cleaning up your diet, "when" you eat is important too. For example if you change your eating schedule to where you eat all of your meals within an 8 hour window, you will lose weight.

Outside of the 8 hour window, consume nothing else but water. So breakfast, lunch and dinner all have to be eaten which 8 hours. Within 2 weeks, you'll start seeing the weight come off.

Daisy Roberts
The best way is to combine a diet and a good workout.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.