Old Order vs. New Order

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Angelalex242
Regardless of Lucas' apparent preference for the old order (as headed by Yoda), which do you prefer? That is, if you were a Jedi, would you prefer to be living in Yoda's Order or Luke's Order?

I will start this off by saying I prefer Luke's Order, as it seems to adhere more closely to the original code.

Emotion, yet peace
Ignorance, yet knowledge
Passion, yet serenity
Chaos, yet harmony
Death, yet the Force.

This version is actually drastically different then the 'there is no x, there is y' version of the code, as it states that the things in the first column lead to things in the second column, not that things in the first column are bad things to be avoided.

This is how Luke justifies marriage...if you gain serenity through passion, and peace through emotion, then marriage makes a great deal of sense. But if there is no passion or emotion, celibacy is the only sensible option, as you are now trying to be Mr. Spock.

The old order says there is no ignorance...but if you don't admit ignorance, how do you learn anything? It is through admitting ignorance that knowledge is gained. It's more humble then claiming ignorance doesn't exist.

And it is through the chaos of conflict that harmony is achieved.

Most of all, Luke is human...so he reinterpreted the code into something that made sense for humans (and most other sentient beings) to follow.

So, there's my theory on why I'd rather be training in Luke's order then Yoda's.

Tzeentch
One order is a dogmatic organization of monks who ban you from doing everything that's cool.

One order allows you to do all the cool shit that the other order did while also encouraging individuality and personal freedom.

The Merchant
The New Jedi order, easily. Actually the Old Order (Talking about TOTJ Era) let you get married, have kids, and let adults become Jedi just like Luke's.

Q99
Didn't Lucas intend to make the old order hidebound and out of touch? I don't think I'd call that a preference!

New order all the way, especially once it'd gotten over the initial bumps. It took Luke some time to dial in, but once he did, it was more in touch and more flexible than the old.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Q99
Didn't Lucas intend to make the old order hidebound and out of touch? Yes, the Jedi Order of the Republic were basically Republicans.

psmith81992
Not really lol. The irony is that the awesome new Jedi Order faced more conflict in 25 years than the Old Jedi Order did in 25,000.

Emperordmb
NJO in a heartbeat.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Regardless of Lucas' apparent preference for the old order (as headed by Yoda), which do you prefer?

Lucas spent 3 full length movies and a 5+ season TV series showcasing the old order's slow death and colossal failures.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
NJO in a heartbeat.

Yeah, this pretty much.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Yes, the Jedi Order of the Republic were basically Republicans. thumb up laughing out loud

ILS
NJO in a dickbeat.

DarthAnt66
Old Order easily.

NTJack0
NJO in a heartbeat. This.

OJO were a bunch of scrubs.

Revanchiste
Old one take thiz one by the number . Not the power ...

But honnetly the mot powerfull one iz the old republic one ......
Ho no maj tarting to bug again .......

Angelalex242
I dunno. If the Old Order decided to nominate Mace Windu for president, I'd vote for him.

Don't lie, you'd vote for Samuel L Jackson too. :P

Q99
Originally posted by psmith81992
Not really lol. The irony is that the awesome new Jedi Order faced more conflict in 25 years than the Old Jedi Order did in 25,000.

Well, maybe in the last 1,000, there were a number of reeeally big wars in the last 25k!

But yea, the NJO had to keep *busy*.

Revanchiste
Becoz they were zmall groupz, they end a menace it reborn under a new form....

Yhea and they keep uz buzy again with epizode VII and the trilogy VIII and IX !!!

ENOUGH !!!! ENOUGH OF LUKE ZKYWALKER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEENOOOOUUUGGHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Yoda Jedi order iz at peace... Old republic Jedi order face way more mazziv problemz... If the vong chow up when the empire ztill have all thoze zuper weaponz.... They would be probably ****ed up....

And I mean the old republic Jedi order have quazi every 1-10 yearz a conflict big az the clone war waz !!!! (If you forget the 1 000 yearz of peace....)

Yhea and then we chould remoove the cenzure from the forum I vote him too mo-ther fuc-kerz !!!!!!!!

Darth Abonis
NJO wasn't structured well, though it had more freedom. Yet I prefer the old order.

Emperordmb
NJO in a heartbeat.

Q99
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
NJO wasn't structured well, though it had more freedom.

Their structure improved over time, as they had more need of it.

carthage
I'd work with Kyp, Kyle, and Mara any day over the puritanical losers of the PT Jedi order. They were more pragmatic, rational, closer knit, and had more freedom as well as vastly more power than the PT order.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.