TFU Shaak Ti/Depa Billaba vs. Quinlan Vos/Savage Opress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Battle takes place on Neutral terrain

*morals off for all fighters/ all fighters are bloodlusted

AncientPower
Depa has a field day with Opress as Ti defeats Vos soundly.

|King Joker|
Team 1.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by AncientPower
Depa has a field day with Opress as Ti defeats Vos soundly.

LOL. I love this. But yeah, Marco may kill me for this, but Depa could defeat Savage and Shaak Ti would like-wise beat Vos down.

ILS
If there was ever to be a thread which would cause a schism between me and Fated, this would be it.

Going with Quinlan and Savage.

Emperordmb
Team one. Vos is something of a weak link in this fight IMO.

ILS
Not really, considering he's a better duelist than Ti, and somewhat approaching Depa.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by ILS
If there was ever to be a thread which would cause a schism between me and Fated, this would be it.

Going with Quinlan and Savage.

lol, well, to be fair, Shaak Ti is more graceful than Quinlan http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2811/36/97/52/smiles/78415965.gif

(I feel i should clarify, before people take this out of context, this is just a little joke stick out tongue )

ILS
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
lol, well, to be fair, Shaak Ti is more graceful than Quinlan http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2811/36/97/52/smiles/78415965.gif

(I feel i should clarify, before people take this out of context, this is just a little joke stick out tongue ) Dat grace tho!!

:P

Nephthys
Team 1 by a landslide.

AncientPower
I'd like to see Vos dominate Starkiller.

ILS
In a duel? That could be arranged.

AncientPower
All-out or duel.

Vos is no match for Vader in a spar or a duel yet Starkiller was from the get go in the novel.

Shaak Ti however had Starkiller on his back foot the entire fight, his natural reflexes stopped his skull from being split in half.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
In a duel? That could be arranged.

Sure, if Vos had just drank from the Font of Power. wink

ILS
Galen Marek isn't a match for Vader in a duel, period. Only reason he did well against him in their final duel was due to knowing his form in and out, and having an advantage in speed. Outside of that the only people Galen has beaten, and with difficulty might I add, are featless or unimpressive duelists. Shaak stomping him is blatantly nothing to suggest she could stomp Vos, who is largely superior to Marek.

Nephthys
You seriously underrate Shaak Ti and Marek. He very much was a match for Vader, and flat out beats him in sabers in the book. His knowledge of Vader's form was matched and exceeded by Vader's own knowledge of Mareks form, since Marek explicitly noted that Vader had held back in the past and had never come at him like he was then.

ILS
Actually, it's only noted that Marek knows Vader's form, not the reverse. But setting that aside, because I do believe Vader would know Galen's form, it's still what allowed the fight to be so prolonged. A good point of reference would be Kenobi vs Anakin, Kenobi being a full tier behind Anakin as a duelist.

Also, Galen had these advantages against a version of Vader who was beaten by a resurrected TPM Maul who was more or less toying with him for like 15 pages. So not only did Shaak Ti beat a version of Galen whose only claim to any high level of skill is beating a Vader who was a couple of tiers behind TPM Maul, with two circumstantial advantages, but Galen actually improved as a duelist after the Ti fight and in general as he progressed, so Ti beat a shittier version of Galen to the one who fought Vader.

People need to stop acting like circumstance doesn't exist to benefit characters they like or detriment characters they dislike.

Nephthys
Actually, Marek says that he knows Vader's form from fighting him so many times. So obviously the reverse is true unless Vader was fighting with his eyes shut the whole time. Marek notes that he learned to fight from Vader. And right, except that Marek gained the upper hand in their duel, so clearly he didn't just have enough to prolong the fight. He hits Vader multiple times.

Pretty sure that Maul fight has been solidly retconned. Plus Vader contending with Maul for 3 pages is still solidly above anything Vos has in him.

ILS
The novel stated that Galen landed the fight-winning blow because he was faster than Vader, not more skilled.

You didn't reply to some of my points in your post, i.e Galen's gradual improvement ect.

Not that I know of, and people on this board still use it to gauge Vader's skill.

Except Maul was toying with Vader in that fight, and when Vader got his first significant blow in that fight, which was cutting the saberstaff, Maul ended the fight in a single page, decisively. Prime Vos isn't someone who loses to Maul in a single page. So Galen's only claim to skill with the circumstances involved and the quality of the opponent explained properly, is absolutely inferior to Vos' showings, and then by proxy Shaak Ti dominating a shittier version of Galen still isn't enough to be better than Vos.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
The novel stated that Galen landed the fight-winning blow because he was faster than Vader, not more skilled.

You didn't reply to some of my points in your post, i.e Galen's gradual improvement ect.

That still makes him a more effective and superior duelist to Vader. Especially consiering that Vader's speed feats even as of that time are above Vos'. And Shaak Ti was also noted to be beating Marek through speed, not skill.

I don't believe it's stated that he gradually improves in lightsaber skill and dueling tbh.

Originally posted by ILS
Not that I know of, and people on this board still use it to gauge Vader's skill.

Except Maul was toying with Vader in that fight, and when Vader got his first significant blow in that fight, which was cutting the saberstaff, Maul ended the fight in a single page, decisively. Prime Vos isn't someone who loses to Maul in a single page. So Galen's only claim to skill with the circumstances involved and the quality of the opponent explained properly, is absolutely inferior to Vos' showings, and then by proxy Shaak Ti dominating a shittier version of Galen still isn't enough to be better than Vos.

The Maul in that comic completely clashes with the Maul from TCW and events that occured after its publication. And it comes from a time when Maul was still thought to have died on Naboo. And besides, even in the comic it's unknown if it's really Maul.

Isn't it kind of just your opinion that he was toying with him? It wasn't as one-sided as you say and you're being highly disingenuous with that one page thing. Vader contended with Maul far longer than Vos could ever do. Plus there is that thing of PROXY mimicking Maul's style and Marek kicking his ass.

And Galen has a lot more claims to skill than just that. I've already told you that his lightsaber skills were "almost perfect", yet rather hypocritically you refuse to change your mind on his ability. Vos' only claim to fame is not getting shat on by Sora Bulq. Marek would beat him comfortably.

ILS
No, it makes him faster than Vader.

Are they? I mean, Vos fought as a blur to a clone - clones are capable of reacting to sniper rifle fire after it's been fired and can dodge blaster bolts.

I'm sure it is in the novel.
It's basically TPM Maul resurrected because fans wanted to see more of Darth Maul after TPM, that's the whole point of the comic. Even if it's retconned it's still indicative of Vader's skill at that time.

Nope, Maul was taunting Vader throughout. Not just generic Sith taunting, I mean taunting him at every single point in the fight, for laughs. And he landed several substantial blows on Vader and instead of following up on them, he backed off and led Vader around the battlefield. Like I said, when Vader actually made some progress, Maul got angry and ended the fight in a page.

PROXY is a poor imitation of Maul, I shouldn't really have to explain that. He lacks his connection to the Force, his dueling feats, basically everything.
As I said in that thread, his "almost perfect" skills weren't enough to translate into real dueling feats.

No, it isn't Neph. Go read his respect thread. I expounded on his dueling skill there better than I can in this thread.

DarthAnt66
Team 2. Savage utterly plows through Ti as Vos holds his own against Depa.

ILS
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Team 2. Savage utterly plows through Ti as Vos holds his own against Depa. I like this guy

DarthAnt66
I like myself too

Lord Stark
Either of Team 1 can arguably solo.

ILS
LMFAO

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by ILS
LMFAO

Hey, mind if I ask what makes you think Team 2 would win?? I'm just curious is all.

ILS
Fated- I think it can go either way the more I think about it, I was mostly advocating for team 2 because of how poorly represented Savage and Quinlan are on here.

I would say Team 2 wins because of how weak a duelist Shaak is, primarily.

carthage
Marek dodged explosions and fire from ATT Walkers on Kashyyk, not a bad speed feat imo.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ILS
LMFAO
thumb up

Arhael
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Either of Team 1 can arguably solo.

carthage
negative

AncientPower
Ti is a bad duelist? BAHAHAHAHA please just stop, the novels are turning in their graves.

carthage
She is ok.

AncientPower
She is listed as one of the greatest swordbeing of the High Council along with Yoda, Windu, Dooku, Billaba, Skywalker and Kenobi.

She is depicted as dominating Starkiller in their duel, landing three wounds on him.

She has faced and held off dozens of MagnaGuards despite using Force Augmentation and Force Leap for as long as hours beforehand.

She is stated to be the most cunning warrior on the High Council.

She is praised by Mace Windu being called "As beautiful as a flower yet as deadly as a viper."

She is stated to have no peer as a duelist and is regarded highly by Dooku himself.

Starkiller is numerous times throughout the novel stated to be a brilliant duelist and is consistently sparring with Vader. Vader was landing blows on him in those sparring matches that could decimate a Jedi Knight and Starkiller was defending against them successfully.

Yet Shaak Ti overwhelmed him, he would've had his skull cut in half if not for innate natural reflexes, instinctually stopping her blade milimeters away from his head with a Telekinesis block.

Shaak Ti was a hybrid master of Makashi and Ataru and was depicted as having extreme speed and grace in her style.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.