Mask vs Genie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Mask vs Genie

Round One: Genie is cuffed
Round Two: Genie is Uncuffed

FrothByte
I'm pretty sure there's already a thread like this somewhere...

In any case, Genie wins.

Time Immemorial
Both rounds?

Dramatic Gecko
Genie dominates.

TheVaultDweller
Ok seriously, how does the Genie "dominate"? Other than the "making it day" argument which, based on the second film, is iffy at best, no one has made any actual case for how the Genie beats the Mask. I mean if someone can make a good argument for the Genie then I'd be on board but, as things stand, I don't see any instance where the Genie would simply dominate or stomp the Mask. The Mask is virtually invulnerable, can defy the laws of physics and create objects from nothing. The Genie, on the other hand, has clear limits and can be bound within a lamp. So please explain how the Genie is dominating the Mask?

juggerman
Has Mask ever teleported? If not Genie wins easily via BFR

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by juggerman
Has Mask ever teleported? If not Genie wins easily via BFR

I am assuming you mean BFR via teleportation, as I don't see any other way being even remotely successful. Also, as I understand it, BFR means removing the opponent from the battlefield in a manner that doesn't allow them to return in any reasonable amount of time. Now I don't recall movie Mask tping specifically (though the cartoon series Mask does this on various occasions), but he has been shown to be able to cover very large distances in seconds using super speed. So the question is what's the longest distance Genie has ever teleported anything, without actually needing top accompany it? It would help if we got more details about the battlefield etc. though.

Utrigita
Teleporting around in time iirc.

I think the Genie wins though, ultimately he shows a greater scope of abilities then the Mask did in the movie. Genie's best shot is to transform the mask into a statue or something like that, but Mask can probably counter him with his own transmutation, the thing also is that I don't see any way for the Mask to do any lasting damage to Genie.

Lestov16
Genie rapes. He turned the solar system into balls and juggled them.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Lestov16
Genie rapes. He turned the solar system into balls and juggled them.

That's a really good large scale warping feat, but how does he actually destroy the Mask wearer? Can't blow him up, stab him, shoot him, warp him (seeing as the Mask wearer itself is a shapeshifter). The best argument so far is BFR, and that depends on whether the Genie can dump the Mask in such a spot where he can't return to the battlefield in a reasonable amount of time. That being said, I do admit that I struggle seeing the Mask somehow tricking Genie back into a lamp, which is the only way he could win IMO. Mask wearers have never exactly been the best planners or strategists.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.