Darth Vader & Luke Skywalker vs. Count Dooku & Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Vader as of Return of the Jedi.
Luke as of Return of the Jedi.

Dooku as of Revenge of the Sith.
Maul as of The Phantom Menace.

Setting: Hypori

They're all in character.

carthage
Team 2

Maul is more powerful than Luke, and while Vader could best Tyranus due to superior strength and his force powers either of them would kill his son

|King Joker|
Vader would probably go apeshit if either kill his son, no?

carthage
It wouldn't be enough for him to overcome either duelist on team 2. Each of hem are comparably powerful and would give him hell in a duel

Trocity
Team 2.

ILS
Originally posted by carthage
Team 2

Maul is more powerful than Luke, and while Vader could best Tyranus due to superior strength and his force powers either of them would kill his son I don't think TPM Maul is more powerful than RotJ Luke. IIRC Luke has a TK feat or something where he affects some electronic pod from a long distance away. I actually remember nothing about the feat whatsoever, just that Luke manipulates something from a long distance away.

Eh, I would back Team 1 in all honesty. Vader would beat either Dooku or Maul, and while Luke can be taken out by Dooku's Force Power, the same can be said about TPM Maul in relation to Vader.

TPM Maul would only take a slim majority over Luke, because of his saberstaff being unfamiliar for Luke more than anything else.

NewGuy01
I think you're referring to the time he halted the Millenium falcon mid-crash from outside of the ship by manipulating it's controls with the Force. Not too long after RotJ he also telekinetically lifts a large speeder while simultaneously levitating. And he telepathically takes control of some admiral on a nearby ship and has him fire on his own fleet around that time period too.

He's not a shabby Force user at all.

WildBantha88
Vader solos :P

Angelalex242
Hmmm.

Well, in Teamwork, Vader and Luke gets the edge, as Vader has some of the biggest papa wolf tendencies ever. If you mess with his son, he will kriff you up. On the other hand, Dooku and Maul HATE eachother, and their lightsaber styles aren't even remotely complimentary.

Physically, Dooku and Maul get the edge...Maul's a beast, and Dooku outstrips Vader.

Bladework, Dooku and Maul again get the edge...Luke is kind of a halfassed dueler at this point, though Vader is (obviously!) capable of taking out either of his opposition.

The Force: Luke and Vader get the edge...mostly because Maul sucks so bad he can't even compete with a half trained Luke. Then again, Maul won't be using his force abilities much either...he's a beatstick and acts like one. Vader and Dooku cancel out.

Wildcard: Vader may not STAY Vader the entire fight. It is entirely possible that if either Dooku or Maul is about to kill Luke, Anakin will re-emerge with his light side presence to kick even more ass. Indeed, this seems likely enough that I'd think you can almost be sure of Anakin re-emerging at some point to save Luke from one of the opponents.

It is ultimately the re-emergence of Anakin Skywalker that tips it in favor of Father and Son. Also, better teamwork. Juyo and Makashi do not gel at all, and Maul and Dooku will get in eachother's way.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Physically, Dooku and Maul get the edge...Maul's a beast, and Dooku outstrips Vader.
Vat?

ILS
Physically, Dooku outstrips Vader. No, tbh

ILS
Continues reading*
The Force: Maul sucks so bad he can't even compete with a half trained Luke.http://i2.wp.com/blazepress.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/tumblr_ml4b1a9BDn1s7pi9yo1_500.gif?resize=467%2C300

Angelalex242
...Well, okay. Maybe not. I thought elegance would win out over cybernetics, but...I keep forgetting Vader's got super strength from that.

Cody01
If Luke is already an experience Jedi in combat, he got chance with Maul. well assuming he is a Jedi master already. Maul has the speed he need to match Luke's strong saber attacks.

Vader vs Dooku? this is already a stalemate. Dooku is much more agile in comparison to Vader without the aid of the force. Vader's limbs is machine thus limiting his movements. Dooku maybe aged but at least he got his real limbs. but in powers alone they a matched.

Trocity
No, Vader is more powerful than Dooku.

Angelalex242
If it were simply Vader vs. Dooku, Vader wins. As has been pointed out to me, cybernetics slow one down, to be sure, but they also grant super strength...and Dooku doesn't do well against heavy blows.

As much of a physical powerhouse as Maul is, he IS badly undertrained for a Sith. At least as a Force Wielder. At least Yoda tried to teach Luke about everything, Palpatine specifically nerfed Maul as a force wielder.

carthage
Soo many generalizations..

DARTH POWER

As much of a physical powerhouse as Maul is, he IS badly undertrained for a Sith. At least as a Force Wielder. At least Yoda tried to teach Luke about everything, Palpatine specifically nerfed Maul as a force wielder.

LOL

AncientPower
Angel, Maul wasn't badly undertrained, he was purposefully trained solely to be an assassin and nothing more. So he was infact trained to perfection... in the role Sidious wanted him to play.

He was never meant to be a genuine apprentice to replace his master and Plagueis thanked Sidious for doing so. Maul infact expresses serious concern that if Sidious were to ever die he was not, by any stretch of the imagination, prepared to be the master or enforce the Grand Plan.

Essentially even Maul despite his arrogance had no illusions that he was Rule of Two worthy. Maul was trained as and used as an assassin, a role he played to perfection.

TCW Maul is a whole other story though.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by AncientPower
Angel, Maul wasn't badly undertrained, he was purposefully trained solely to be an assassin and nothing more. So he was infact trained to perfection... in the role Sidious wanted him to play.

He was never meant to be a genuine apprentice to replace his master and Plagueis thanked Sidious for doing so. Maul infact expresses serious concern that if Sidious were to ever die he was not, by any stretch of the imagination, prepared to be the master or enforce the Grand Plan.

Essentially even Maul despite his arrogance had no illusions that he was Rule of Two worthy. Maul was trained as and used as an assassin, a role he played to perfection.

TCW Maul is a whole other story though.

You sure about that?

http://www.forcecast.net/story/forcecast/Weekly_ForceCast_May_4_2012_145329.asp

From 1:25:38.

Maul is a super dangerous threat because he's been trained for years. He's really adept, but he's broken. So he's kind of in the Vader realm and you know he's a bit severed from what he knew which was having a Master. But he's well trained by Sidious in ALL Types of Sith Ways. Not the least of which is manipulation..

Plus his line to Sidious in "The Lawless":

"I used your training Master and I have built all this in hopes of returning to your side."

So clearly Maul was trained by Sidious as much more than just an Assassin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.