Revised: What if the Galactic Empire invaded Earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cody01
Originally posted by hewhoknowsall, (I tip my hat to him to give that idea)

this time there are no limits on the Empire.

they have full access to their tech and weapons.

the Galactic Empire Empire is at their full peak of their power (Time between Episode 3 and 4)

Now, who would win in a conventional form of warfare:

Imperial infantry vs Earth infantry?

Imperial tanks, vehicles vs Earth Tanks and Vehicles?

Imperial weapons, armor vs Earth weapons, armor?

Imperial Air Power vs Earth Air Power?

disregarding the use of superweapons on both sides on this one. but in any case do you think Nuclear Weapons can deter Imperial land invasion on Earth should the situation arises?

Can Vader, and Emperor Palpatine can handle Earth Armies personally as well?

Since we don't have the capacity to fight in space, I will disregard the Imperial use of Orbital Bombardment from their Star Destroyers and of course the Death Star.

Note: The Rebel Alliance is out of the Question. since this the time before Episode 4 ANH, the Rebel Alliance is yet to form. Earth Stands alone in this fight.

Let's regard the reality of combat and try not based on the movies.

Now let me know what you think, then I will post my arguments.

|King Joker|
Empire solidly.

The Merchant
We'd get raped.

NewGuy01
Lmfao. Empire stomps the living shit out of us.

Our bullets can't penetrate Stormtrooper plastoid armor. Their blaster bolts can conversely blast right through any defenses we have.

Our nukes don't have the energy output to even take out the shields of an average Imperial Star Destroyer, even if we fired several warheads at a single ISD.

They outnumber us a thousand to one.

We just don't stand a chance at all, whatsoever. One of Palpatine's inquisitors goes to a peace talk and mind-tricks all of our leaders into nuking one another, the end.

|King Joker|
LOL, good point.

Emperordmb
OMG, I just can't get over how adorable your new profile pic is Excal! bunny

But yeah, Empire stomps.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Emperordmb
OMG, I just can't get over how adorable your new profile pic is Excal! bunny Happy Dance

The Merchant
Tech manuals say that per shot a turbolaser from an Acclamator class star destroyer is 200 Gigatons. That's 200,000 Megatons and is capable of destroying multiple Islands. In comparison the most powerful Nuke we've ever created was the Tsar Bomba, which is 50 Megatons, 100 at best.

Zampanó
http://www.st-v-sw.net/Obsidian/Strek/StormtrooperArrow.jpg

http://36.media.tumblr.com/6cc81e7ee207129311937b456981037c/tumblr_nfxwfklo7u1s5y41io1_500.jpg

The Merchant
Here's a picture comparing infantry weapon. On the left is a .50 caliber round making an small hole in a wall that was designed purposely to be as weak as possible to see the maximum damage the gun can do. On the right is a hole made by Han Solo's Blaster Pistol. The wall in question is made of enhanced Ferrocrete I believe from EU sources. Even disregarding EU sources the wall that was used for the .50 cal was weak anyways, so it's a good comparison on the weapons power.

|King Joker|
Just for future reference, can someone give me a source that has numbers on how fast blaster fire is compared to guns. Some people say that blasters are not actually faster than guns which is quite curious.

ILS
dude wtf we curbstomp the Empire. Send all our nukes out, they're dead, and stormtroopers have terrible training and can't aim. Their armor looks plastic.

Is this a for real thread cody?

The Merchant
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Just for future reference, can someone give me a source that has numbers on how fast blaster fire is compared to guns. Some people say that blasters are not actually faster than guns which is quite curious.

Depends on the sources. Tech manuals for the most part say Blaster Bolts move at Lightspeeds. In one of the Fate of the Jedi Novels a Blaster Bolt was described as moving a hundred meters in a Nanosecond. If we go just by visuals from the films I might be recalling this wrong but in Attack of the Clones I could have sworn the Blaster Bolts being fired from Padme where actually moving faster than Dooku's ship, which was able to get to orbit in a few seconds.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by The Merchant
Depends on the sources. Tech manuals for the most part say Blaster Bolts move at Lightspeeds. In one of the Fate of the Jedi Novels a Blaster Bolt was described as moving a hundred meters in a Nanosecond. If we go just by visuals from the films I might be recalling this wrong but in Attack of the Clones I could have sworn the Blaster Bolts being fired from Padme where actually moving faster than Dooku's ship, which was able to get to orbit in a few seconds. Okay. Either way it seems to be common knowledge blaster bolts are much faster than bullets.

ILS
I think Africa vs the Empire would be more fair

The Merchant
The only way I see the Empire losing is if Bane was in charge TBH.

carthage
Bane would get stomped by just about any army, just like he got beaten by mercenaries. He has shown he can't handle large groups of armed men, if he got in charge of an army he'd need a nexus to command them. The Stormtroopers would have no clue what to do.

The Merchant
Hmmm, Bane vs. NAVY Seal team 6.

Cody01
Here's a picture comparing infantry weapon. On the left is a .50 caliber round making an small hole in a wall that was designed purposely to be as weak as possible to see the maximum damage the gun can do. On the right is a hole made by Han Solo's Blaster Pistol. The wall in question is made of enhanced Ferrocrete I believe from EU sources. Even disregarding EU sources the wall that was used for the .50 cal was weak anyways, so it's a good comparison on the weapons power.

.50 cal is not weak. the bullet was meant for Armor Piercing purposes not blasting the crap of the target. Han's blaster is design to blast the light out of the target by making holes on them.

the reason why a smaller hole is made by the .50 is that is causes penetrated rather than making damages. it cause damages inside the target not outside like Han's blaster.

Cody01
Originally posted by ILS
dude wtf we curbstomp the Empire. Send all our nukes out, they're dead, and stormtroopers have terrible training and can't aim. Their armor looks plastic.

Is this a for real thread cody?

yup for real...

terrible training and aim? you're referring to the movies yes?

I said that the scenario is a real combat not based on the movies. the big screens makes the heroes, well, good. its like setting the game on 'easy mode' for them.

nukes? well that's one way to put it... but the question now is that is it powerful enough to dissipate the shields of the ISDs (Imperial Star Destroyers)?

The Merchant
I never said a .50 cal was weak. I said the wall that was used to fire the .50 cal was specifically made to be as weak as possible so we could see the most damage a .50 cal can do without externally as well as internally.

Cody01
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Lmfao. Empire stomps the living shit out of us.

Our bullets can't penetrate Stormtrooper plastoid armor. Their blaster bolts can conversely blast right through any defenses we have.

Our nukes don't have the energy output to even take out the shields of an average Imperial Star Destroyer, even if we fired several warheads at a single ISD.

They outnumber us a thousand to one.

We just don't stand a chance at all, whatsoever. One of Palpatine's inquisitors goes to a peace talk and mind-tricks all of our leaders into nuking one another, the end.

Plastiods are their versions of 'Hard Plastics' rebel soldiers sometimes often called Stromtroopers "Plastic boys". Bullets can penetrate plastics right?

yeah send the Inquisitor to mind trick the leaders. that's one way to put it.

Cody01
I never said a .50 cal was weak. I said the wall that was used to fire the .50 cal was specifically made to be as weak as possible so we could see the most damage a .50 cal can do without externally as well as internally.

I see but the .50 cal can still do damage to Stromtrooper armor. the are plastiods anyway, their version of Hard Plastics. and bullets made holes on plastics.

Cody01
Depends on the sources. Tech manuals for the most part say Blaster Bolts move at Lightspeeds. In one of the Fate of the Jedi Novels a Blaster Bolt was described as moving a hundred meters in a Nanosecond. If we go just by visuals from the films I might be recalling this wrong but in Attack of the Clones I could have sworn the Blaster Bolts being fired from Padme where actually moving faster than Dooku's ship, which was able to get to orbit in a few seconds.

well blasters are lasers and lasers are light so they are moving on the speed of light. but if made a comparison on the movies, they just making the blaster bolts move slow so the viewers can see it flying. but in reality. your dead the moment their guns made a muzzle flash maybe faster than that.

The Merchant
Not debating that Stormtrooper armor can withstand a .50 caliber, at least not the Phase-I type which is what we see in the movies. Phase-III armor can probably withstand it since it can take a direct hit from a Blaster Bolt. I'm saying that their infantry weaponry is better than ours. There's also how Stromtrooper blasters where able to turn Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen to smoldering skeletons and even blasted apart their small hut apart. And in the Death Star scenes a Stromtrooper blasted a blast-door apart with one-shot too.

Cody01
Not debating that Stormtrooper armor can withstand a .50 caliber, at least not the Phase-I type which is what we see in the movies. Phase-III armor can probably withstand it since it can take a direct hit from a Blaster Bolt. I'm saying that their infantry weaponry is better than ours. There's also how Stromtrooper blasters where able to turn Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen to smoldering skeletons and even blasted apart their small hut apart. And in the Death Star scenes a Stromtrooper blasted a blast-door apart with one-shot too.

no doubt that Stromtrooper Blaster is superior to us. yeah, depending on the armor phases they are wearing they can withstand bullet damage.

however

if you know where to shoot, bullets can still penetrate their armor (e.g their helmets). if you're a real crackshot, aim for their eye visors, I'm sure those are made of glass

The Merchant
Yeah in Tatooine's Ghost Tusken Raiders where able to kill a couple of Troopers by shooting their visors. However for the most part they aimed at their armor and all it did was knock the Troopers off their feat and they got back up like no problem.

Cody01
Yeah in Tatooine's Ghost Tusken Raiders where able to kill a couple of Troopers by shooting their visors. However for the most part they aimed at their armor and all it did was knock the Troopers off their feat and they got back up like no problem.

yeah a head shot always kills. the Tusken Raiders probably carrying low calibre rifles so they not able to kill the troopers. regarding out weapons, they can still kill assuming they hit the arms, legs, and the head. these parts are the some of thinnest in an armor set.

Cody01

Cody01
Hmmm, Bane vs. NAVY Seal team 6.

that's an overkill.

but it would better if you send the SEALs, the SAS and the Russian Spetznaz to assassinate Darth Vader

Revanchiste
How many? Lezz time it waz zo limited....

Ha it'z a tech V.Z Ha O.K Empire take all no doubt....

Cody01
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Empire solidly.

In conventional sense without the nukes, sith, bombardment etc.. How will the empire win against earth?

StealthRanger
Emperor Palpatine solos

GE utterly godstomps, even w/o orbital bombardment

Revanchiste
Republic commando/Dark trooper phase II v.s Commando marine.
XD

Arhael
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Their blaster bolts can conversely blast right through any defenses we have.
That doesn't matter since they can't hit anything!

Cody01
Originally posted by Arhael
That doesn't matter since they can't hit anything!

I did said disregard the movie elements.. Stormtroopers being inaccurate is movie elements to make the heroes look good.

This is the reality of war.

Cody01
Originally posted by Revanchiste
Republic commando/Dark trooper phase II v.s Commando marine.
XD

SEALs, SAS, Speztnaz commandos? Vs Dark troopers well thats a good fight thats for sure

Cody01
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Emperor Palpatine solos

GE utterly godstomps, even w/o orbital bombardment

Palpatine and Vader going head to head with Earth Armies?

StealthRanger
Originally posted by Cody01
Palpatine and Vader going head to head with Earth Armies?

Vader is superior to Starkiller who redirected a falling ISD and Palpatine is a life wiper (both from feats and powerscaling)

Needless to say the colossal speed advantage SW top tiers have

Revanchiste
No zith in anyway.

Selenial
Originally posted by Cody01
In conventional sense without the nukes, sith, bombardment etc.. How will the empire win against earth?

Are you serious?

Their fleet numbered in the tens of thousands, their army in the billions. They have advanced weaponry, armor, vehicles and ships that would eviscerate us. Assassination squads capable of going perfectly invisible. The ability to land anywhere on the planet they chose, deadly diseases that could wipe out NYC in a fortnight and planet destroying Sith Lords who could probably solo all 7 billion of us alone.

Q99
Originally posted by Selenial
Are you serious?

Their fleet numbered in the tens of thousands, their army in the billions.

"Billions" in this context meaning not 'a few billions' but 'lots of billions.'

Really, they could land a stormie for every one of us. Not much we can do about that.

Cody01
Originally posted by Selenial
Are you serious?

Their fleet numbered in the tens of thousands, their army in the billions. They have advanced weaponry, armor, vehicles and ships that would eviscerate us. Assassination squads capable of going perfectly invisible. The ability to land anywhere on the planet they chose, deadly diseases that could wipe out NYC in a fortnight and planet destroying Sith Lords who could probably solo all 7 billion of us alone.

Indeed but i did say without the sith, fleets and/or bombardments.

In a conventional form of warfare.

Going invisible, yes, but they suspectable to Infared or heat signitures. You can still "see" things which are invisible to the naked eye if you have the right tools. And we have them.

Cody01
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Vader is superior to Starkiller who redirected a falling ISD and Palpatine is a life wiper (both from feats and powerscaling)

Needless to say the colossal speed advantage SW top tiers have

Yes the two sith can handle anything but lets leave the grunts to work instead.. Afterall the empire has. Too much pride to simply just obliterate a planet. They will just give them a show of force by landing troops

Lord Lucien
Rudy? Rudy is that you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.