Do excess accolades strengthen or hinder a respect thread? [PLEASE VOTE]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Please vote in the polls. Comments made below won't be taken into consideration.

Tzeentch
Only thing that matters are feats.

And, didn't vote. **** the system.

ILS
There should be a middle ground. There are accolades which won't help you in a debate but give a good idea of what the character is all about, and build an image in your head of what they are intended to be. They're good to have in a respect thread for the sake of respecting the character and learning about their strengths.

Vague stuff like "he is a powerful Jedi" "he is well trained" "he is a skilled and feared fighter throughout the land" is just pointless excess.

The Merchant
I rather read Feats since Feats>Accolades. If the Accolade is something that we have a good idea on, like Nomi and Thon being compared to Yoda, those are the most preferred.

Fated Xtasy
It's pretty much up to the author/creator of the respect thread i would assume, Nova and Silver don't seem to use accolades in their respect threads, Marco's Mace Windu respect thread highlights a lot of the more "important" stuff Mace has(Second to Yoda in duelings, second most powerful jedi council member etc etc..) In my opinion, there should be a nice combination of both

ILS
Nova uses accolades in his respect threads. Marco uses useless fluff and misinterpreted creator quotes.

And it was actually Nova, Silver, JXM ect who found and posted the "Mace is second only to Yoda" accolades in the first place, along with many others.

ILS
And hell, Nova actually created a better Windu respect thread than Marco's and it's jammed full of dueling accolades, with a better feat demonstration to boot:

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/mace-windu-respect-thread/99811/

Not being an internet knight or anything but people rag on Nova, Silver ect all the time on here (not necessarily you, Fated), whenever they get the chance, and it's usually unfounded nonsense.

DarthAnt66
Nova sucks.

NewGuy01
It depends on the accolades themselves. Some are just pointless and can apply to any sub-par Jedi.

DarthAnt66
Lies. No sub-par Jedi can be "strong in the Force."

NewGuy01
I never referenced that accolade.

DarthAnt66
None can be "powerful warriors" either.

NewGuy01
Never referenced that either.

DarthAnt66
I know. :woah:

Zenwolf
It's better if they are mixed in with feats, to strengthen it overall. Although those with just multiple accolades/char statements, when that's all you have and it's repeated multiple times, you can't really ignore that.

The_Tempest
Use important accolades and disregard the rest, as I told you a while back. A lot of the stuff you include is dumb fluff.

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Use important accolades and disregard the rest, as I told you a while back. A lot of the stuff you include is dumb fluff.

thumb up

The_Tempest
Like, "it takes a strong man to unite the Republic and the Empire. Not a good man, but a strong one."

Seriously?

carthage
To be fair it only took a half crippled droid man to throw Sidious down a mine shaft.

DarthAnt66
That was my newest addition... sad

The_Tempest
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
That was my newest addition... sad

I'm aware, it illustrates the point beautifully. I admire the dedication it takes to cobble together a respect thread, but all you're doing is truly wasting time by compiling literally everything that could possibly be construed as complimentary to the character.

Trocity
lmfao carthage

Angelalex242
The aforementioned crippled mandroid was just turning back to the Light at the time and fulfilling a destiny long buried. And, ya know, exhibiting the biggest papa wolf tendencies of all time.

Nobody had been redeemed from the Dark Side in thousands of years, Sidious has no reason to see it coming.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Angelalex242
The aforementioned crippled mandroid was just turning back to the Light at the time and fulfilling a destiny long buried. And, ya know, exhibiting the biggest papa wolf tendencies of all time.

Nobody had been redeemed from the Dark Side in thousands of years, Sidious has no reason to see it coming.

Carthage is a big Palpsupporter, it was a vain effort to troll me. In his mind, he's Ahab and I'm his white whale. The elusive, mighty quarry with which he is increasingly obsessed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.