Ben Skywalker's full potential

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Angelalex242
Assuming Ben follows in his father's footsteps, just how much potential does he actually have?

I would presume it is ultimately greater then any of the Solos (even Caedus...) due to the fact Mara is force sensitive and Han is not, so there's more midichlorians to inherit.

Could Ben equal Yoda? Or Sidious? He can't catch up to his father by word of Lucas, but...just how high can he go?

Q99
I'd think that even Caedus would eventually pass Sids and Yoda given time, and Ben should be a further bit above that.

Or, top end natural force user < Solo < Ben < Luke < Anakin at full

Each step being a pretty small one, mind.

Arhael
Originally posted by Angelalex242

I would presume it is ultimately greater then any of the Solos (even Caedus...) due to the fact Mara is force sensitive and Han is not, so there's more midichlorians to inherit.

It is unknown how midichlorians are inherited. One parent being non-sensitive doesn't mean that child will be weaker.

Angelalex242
Perhaps, but since Luke=Leia (midichlorian wise...)

The only possible variation is Mara vs. Han. And logically, some extras from mom should beat no extras from dad.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Arhael
It is unknown how midichlorians are inherited. One parent being non-sensitive doesn't mean that child will be weaker.

Non-Force sensitives also have Midichlorians, you know, just a lesser amount.

Angelalex242
Sure.

But the last thread I saw on the matter...

Anakin Skywalker=27,000
Luke Skywalker=23,000
Leia Organa Solo=23,000
Sidious=20,000
Yoda=19,000
Anakin Solo=17.500
Jacen/Jaina=17,000
Mara Jade Skywalker=12,000
Non Force Sensitives=2,500

So Mara essentially adds an extra 9500 midichlorians into the pool Ben has to draw off of.

To put this in perspective, the Total Pool Ben has to draw off of is actually greater then that of Anakin+Padme.

All we know for sure is that Ben is not allowed to surpass his father. But he might get damn close, indeed. Possibly even in the 21-22k range.

NewGuy01
In terms of potential:

1. Anakin
2. Luke
3. Anakin2
4. Jacen
5. Rest

EDIT: Leia should be up there too tbh.

Nephthys
Sure.

Anakin Skywalker=27,000
Luke Skywalker=23,000
Leia Organa Solo=23,000
Sidious=20,000
Yoda=19,000
Anakin Solo=17.500
Jacen/Jaina=17,000

So Mara essentially adds an extra 9500 midichlorians into the pool Ben has to draw off of.

To put this in perspective, the Total Pool Ben has to draw off of is actually greater then that of Anakin+Padme.

All we know for sure is that Ben is not allowed to surpass his father. But he might get damn close, indeed. Possibly even in the 21-22k range.

Shouldn't Anakin's potential be twice that of Sidious', as per Lucas?

Emperordmb
I would think Alana Solo would have a pretty high potential as well.

Q99
Sure.

Anakin Skywalker=27,000
Luke Skywalker=23,000
Leia Organa Solo=23,000
Sidious=20,000
Yoda=19,000
Anakin Solo=17.500
Jacen/Jaina=17,000

The main problem I see there is putting Yoda and Sidious above any of Anakin's descendants. They're high potential, yes, but normal-high, they do not have an advantage like being a Skywalker. They're stronger than those individuals, but based on their greatly superior experience and knowledge.

Sidious wanted Anakin Solo because Solo's potential, after all.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I would think Alana Solo would have a pretty high potential as well.

Yes. Heck, the way she's talked about in prophecies, possibly higher than her father's (potential doesn't have to be linear generation to generation).

Angelalex242
The only part Lucas seems to have verified is that Luke is what Anakin should've been.

Given that, it's almost like Luke should have potential equal to Anakin's.

DarthAnt66
Revan has "unlimited potential". >>> Anakin tbh.

Nephthys
Revan is "more powerful than you can possibly imagine". >>>>>> One's tbh

Angelalex242
Against that is Lucas saying Luke is the top of the food chain. Revan might well be 2nd place, but word of Lucas puts Luke indisputably first.

I suppose you can now debate how much Word of Lucas means, but...well...

Then again, this thread is about Ben Skywalker's potential. Do let's stay on track here. The idea is to figure out just how strong he'll be when he's in his 40s or 50s, or wherever it is his power peaks.

Q99
The only part Lucas seems to have verified is that Luke is what Anakin should've been.

Given that, it's almost like Luke should have potential equal to Anakin's.

Or at least close. Like 26k to his 27k, maybe.

---

One thing I'll mention is there doesn't seem to be a completely predictable progression based on parentage.

Nat Skywalker is not overly impressive. Like, clearly master level, but nothing too uber by Skywalker standards. His nephew Cade, on the other hand, was unlocking brand new force abilities as a padawan, even though Cade had a non-force user mother. Cade had higher potential than Nat, and probably greater than Kol I'd think.

Or Alana, it wouldn't surprise me if she had higher potential than her father, what with all the Jedi Queen stuff and if Krayt turns her then they'll win the galaxy even against Luke/Jacen/Jaina/etc. in the vision.

Angelalex242
...Hmmm. Without such predictive ability, I guess there's not enough books with Ben Skywalker in them to tell where he's gonna cap out. Though...we do know what the twins and Anakin Solo were like at his age. Maybe we could cross reference based on that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.