I shall name my spaceship The Duke Jupiter!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Its a group a friend in HS was into, think it'd be an awesome name for my own "milleniumfalcon" type ship.

Bunch of us were talking about the Guardians if the Galaxy movie, and the ship, The Milano. Started wondering what all we'd name our ships. You guys?

Nuke Nixon
Ships are for scruffy looking nerf herders, real space marines jump into battle cocked locked and ready to rock. Don't need no ships just moar AMMO!!

riv6672
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UawSjQxqbfE

Haha!

Mindship
Originally posted by riv6672
Its a group a friend in HS was into, think it'd be an awesome name for my own "milleniumfalcon" type ship.

Bunch of us were talking about the Guardians if the Galaxy movie, and the ship, The Milano. Started wondering what all we'd name our ships. You guys? Millenium Falcon type? Achh, no, laddie, when I was writing space opera, I always went for the huge starships. Last ship I wrote about (and, of course, went no where) was the CSS Shekinah (I'm tempted to post the primitive schematic, but I do not wish to embarrass myself). Suffice to say, it was sleek and simple in design, had none of that complex, texured-hull crap that started sooo long ago with 2001: a space odyssey and made more popular by Star Wars, because it reminds us of today's naval vessels. I was thinking more "Starman" type craft, what I figured a "real starship" would look like (as Carl Sagan -- RIP, dude -- once said, the starships we will likely one day build will look nothing like what we're currently designing).

riv6672
Ha, well okay then! laughing out loud

riv6672
I got a good one...

The Fast and The Furious.
That way i have at least a half dozen names ready in case my ship keeps getting destroyed.

Nuke Nixon
Is that your final answer?

riv6672
Princess Angelina Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana Fanna Bo Besca III .
Or, Dot, for short!

Nuke Nixon
The civilized thing to do...........at the very least...........is add a footnote to give credit where it is due.

Bare minimum. Good sport and pip pip and all that.

riv6672

Nuke Nixon
Captain Wiki strikes again!

riv6672
Didnt find that on wikipedia, but i do think i've found an alt.
Bye!

Nuke Nixon
You saying I'm an alt? While it could be argued I could have a similar posting style as some, I'd like to think there's a bit of "me" in my style that no one can duplicate, kind of like a genetic code hidden inside every single post I've ever typed and sent to the interworld. Alt! Alt? I say thee NAY!

riv6672
Now that i know you're an alt, we must....start anew.
Hi!

Nuke Nixon
I'm afraid I can't do that Dave, I can't have someone thinking I'm an alt, it is unacceptable.

In starship terminology I'm going to have to activate the self-destruct mechanism, I would rather this ship be blown into subatomic particles than to be boarded by Alt-Thinkers.

"Computer, this is the Captain of the KMC Profile Nuke Nixon, destruct sequence 1-code1-1A."

"This is the First Officer, destruct sequence number 2, code 1-1A-2B, activate now."

Make it so.

riv6672
I was (for a few days), and always shall be (till these threads go to page 2), your friend.

Nuke Nixon
Begun the Clone War has.

riv6672
Imitation and all that.

Nuke Nixon
Lower your shields and surrender your sigs. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your posts will adapt to amuse us. Resistance is futile.

riv6672
This place is chock full of nuts. laughing

Nuke Nixon
Chock, a chair with built in socks.

riv6672
If you have 50 loose black and 50 loose white socks in a drawer, with your eyes closed, whats the least amount of socks you need to pull out of the drawer to be sure of getting a matching pair of either color?

Nuke Nixon
3, at least 2 will be the same color because there are only 2 colors.

riv6672
Yes! thumb up

Nuke Nixon
What is greater than God,
more evil than the devil,
the poor have it,
the rich need it,
and if you eat it, you'll die?

riv6672
Nothing.

Nuke Nixon
Very good Batman.

riv6672
Ooh!

Chaubunagungamaug...or, The Webster!

Nuke Nixon
What are you babbling about now?

riv6672
Not a babbling brook but a lake. Lake Webster!
Its indian name is uber long.
Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg, to be exact.

Nuke Nixon
What does that have to do with spaceships?

This train got derailed fast.

riv6672
Thats what i could name the ship. Call it Webster for short!

Nuke Nixon
Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg is definitely a Zerg ship if ever I saw one.

Mindship
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
What is greater than God,
more evil than the devil,
the poor have it,
the rich need it,
and if you eat it, you'll die? This is better than the Sphinx's riddle.

riv6672
So...you're saying nothing is better than the Sphinx's riddle?!?

riv6672
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg is definitely a Zerg ship if ever I saw one.
That cracked me up! laughing out loud

Mindship
Originally posted by Mindship
This is better than the Sphinx's riddle. Originally posted by riv6672
So...you're saying nothing is better than the Sphinx's riddle?!? *yikes*

riv6672
Bazinga!

Nuke Nixon
Jinkies!

riv6672
Zoinks!

Mindship
Odds Botkins!

Nuke Nixon
Crom's Blood!

riv6672
Merciful Minerva!

Nuke Nixon
Odin's Beard!

riv6672
Blue Blazes!

Mindship
Back on topic: this is my new ship...

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/073/9/1/nasa_s_finale_attempt_by_wsache007-d5xzzzo.png

riv6672
That is, no pun intended, bad ass!

Mindship
Originally posted by riv6672
That is, no pun intended, bad ass! She has cutting-edge variable geometry, a multiple O-Drive, and a virtual-reality piloting system that can be addictive if abused. Weapon system is RID: Remotely Induced Detonations, which currently works better on male spacecraft.

Nuke Nixon
Sweet Christmas!

riv6672
Holy Moly!

Nuke Nixon
Great Caesar's Ghost!

riv6672
10-11 days of wracking my brain. I'm stumped. You win! stick out tongue

Nuke Nixon
Blathering blatherskite!

You didn't get Great googly moogly? Surprising.

riv6672
Dagnabbit...sad

Nuke Nixon
Great balls of fire.

(r.i.p Goose)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.