Hero of Tython vs Revan Reborn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
**** yeah. smokin' Gimme the money.

carthage
Revan

NewGuy01
Originally posted by carthage
Revan

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Even the beautiful, illustrious spirit of Revan claims that the protag won't beat a weaker Revan alone. So Revan.

Nephthys
I can't recall, what indicates he's weaker? Dark Revan claims his power has been intensified and well, he lost to a weaker team than he do oh so well against in SoR.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He needs the wisdom, bro. Can't you see?

DarthAnt66
Nah, Spirit Revan flat out says Dark Revan is less powerful then combined.

Nephthys
Dark Revan flat out says the opposite.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Dark Revan's a flat out maniacal douchebag who thinks he can take down Vitiate no problem. no expression

DarthAnt66
thumb up A being who spent a better part of 300 years completing total harmony, peace, and mastery over the Force to the point where his ghost can effect the physical realm is far more reliable then the guy who thinks he can beat Vitiate.

Nephthys
Dark Revan is actually wielding the power though, whereas Light Revan is no longer connected to his body.

Regardless, quote?

DarthAnt66
Not true. Light Revan still has some power. And I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

"You think you're stronger this way, but you're not. Neither of us is. We're broken. We can't go on like this."

The Merchant
I agree with Nepth on that interpretation To me it seemed Revan's evil half had the power, but needed the clarity of Light-Revan in order to use it to its full extent.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by The Merchant
I agree with Nepth on that interpretation To me it seemed Revan's evil half had the power, but needed the clarity of Light-Revan in order to use it to its full extent.

So Reborn Revan is more powerful. no expression

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Not true. Light Revan still has some power. And I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

"You think you're stronger this way, but you're not. Neither of us is. We're broken. We can't go on like this."

Which doesn't suggest he's weaker or that his power hadn't increased. What Revan meant by stronger probably refers to that Dark Revan lacked his wisdom and sanity. As the protag sums up. D!Rev had the power, L!Rev the wisdom.

DarthAnt66
Most of Revan's powers require wisdom and sanity, broski. erm And PC also agrees that Revan is weaker then Revan Reborn.
Combined as Revan Reborn, they are more powerful (obviously). Not even a question really.

Revanchiste
More powerfull and in the same time weaken... It's a rude awakening....
This is the paradox of Revan Reborn... You will never solve it....

ares834
Revan stomps.

FreshestSlice
Why are we debating that half a person's power is weaker than the all of the person's power? What is this?

Nephthys
Because that's not accurate. They say in the expansion. Light!Revan had the wisdom, Dark!Revan had the power. It's not a half-and-half thing.

Plus Dark!Revan didn't exactly lose half his midichlorians or anything. He still had the whole body.

FreshestSlice
The dead body. And since wisdom and being, you know, in balance is kind of a big deal when concerning a lot of Revan's power, yeah they're both important. And having a high number of midichlorians doesn't make you amazeballs. Having the same number with less capacity to use that potential makes you weaker. All kinds of things factor into power. You just don't want to admit that that the Hero of Tython is incredibly overrated. Mostly by you.

Nephthys
Revan isn't powerful specifically because of balance and wisdom. He wouldn't lose any of his capacity to wield his power through going dark. His force knowledge and actualised potential would be the same. All it means is that he can't do his goofy force in balance thing.

This specifically has nothing to do with the HoT. I'd rate her the same no matter how powerful Revan was, I'd just rate Revan higher. I simply don't see anything indicating Revan was somehow weakened in the fight.

NewGuy01
That's because he really wasn't.

Board Walker
Revan Reborn = the Revan along with the Exil that fought Vitiate

Revan 3.0 = Dark Revan from the expansion

Revan 3.0 > Revan Reborn

The fact that Dark Revan 3.0 was force folding, force storming, and force pushing an entire strike team composed of the strongest force users in the galaxy is evidence enough.)

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Board Walker

Revan 3.0 > Revan Reborn

The fact that Dark Revan 3.0 was force folding, force storming, and force pushing an entire strike team composed of the strongest force users in the galaxy is evidence enough.)

That'z clear 3.0> But not in all pointz....

DarknessX7
"Hatred fueled cunning, but burned out all wisdom. Without me, you could not see."

"Strength is useless without some wisdom to guide it."

"And without him, you died. He needs your wisdom, but you need his strength. His focus."

"Each part of you was needed as much as the other. The Emperor split you apart, because you were strongest when you were together."

The quotes vary slightly, but my interpretation is that the dark side of Revan held the brute force and the light side knew how to use it. Divided, Revan was weaker, because his dark side did not effectively utilize his strength. Revan was a brilliant tactician, and while that still held true in Shadow of Revan, a big part of tactical planning is wisdom. Whether it be in a personal fight or an all out war, Revan was best when whole.

So to me, here's how it looks: Whole Force ghost Revan = Revan Reborn > Dark Revan/Light Revan.

The problem is that we never got to see Revan at his full (wholesome) power. We got glimpses of his potential. At his height, he was betrayed by Scourge. Then he was tortured for centuries and his mind fractured, which explains why he lost to the Imperial strike team at the Foundry. Afterwards, he splintered in death.

If Dark Revan could (almost) hold his own against Grand Master Satele Shan, Darth Marr, and the Hero among others all at once, then Revan Reborn should be approximately just as powerful, but with his wisdom intact.

The issue is that Revan Reborn < Vitiate, but Hero of Tython > Vitiate. We can see a direct correlation between Revan and T3-M4's initial confrontation with the Emperor, and the Hero and Teeseven's battle with him. Here's the distinction: Revan's fight was while the Emperor was in his true body. The Hero fought Vitiate while the Dark Lord was in the Voice. If it's true that a person's body, through midi-chlorian count or otherwise, can determine the level of Force power he or she possesses, then I can't help but think the Emperor would be strongest in his own body, unless he possessed someone who had more Force potential than himself. So if Revan were to switch places with the Hero for those fights, would we see the Hero fall to Vitiate and Revan succeed? I'm not sure, but I think it's worth considering.

If he doesn't have to worry about someone betraying him (story of Revan's life, right there), I'd wager Revan Reborn could beat the Hero of Tython. I think his latest and seemingly last battle proves Revan is more powerful than a lot of people wanted to believe, especially since only half of him fought. This might exasperate those who feel his character is overrated.

FreshestSlice
Ugh, Revan fans.

DarthAnt66
Ugh, Athiest believers.

carthage
What's wrong with atheists?

DarthAnt66
Many things, but I tend to not judge until they make comments how Christianity ignores Science.

SIDIOUS 66
Many things, but I tend to not judge until they make comments how Christianity ignores Science.

Majority do, though.

Also, just link your Revan respect threads, and you win.

DarthAnt66
You are a Athiest?

NewGuy01

Christianity ignores science. http://r14.imgfast.net/users/1415/38/33/54/smiles/75165228.gif

SIDIOUS 66
You are a Athiest?

No, I'm not.

FreshestSlice
Science has absolutely nothing to do with religion and vice versa. Who cares?

Trocity
Science has better feats than religion imo.

FreshestSlice
I have quotes that hype religion up much more.

Selenial
Originally posted by Board Walker

Revan 3.0 > Revan Reborn

Revan Reborn force folded and force stormed, TK'd dozens of huge asteroids with ease and more.

Yes, Foundry Revan is Revan Reborn, since Light Revan admits they didn't split until after the Foundry.

NewGuy01
thumb up

Sinious
Revan wins imo.

Originally posted by carthage
What's wrong with atheists?

They don't believe in angels which is plain stupid. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Sinious
They don't believe in angels which is plain stupid. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Pfft who needs angels when we got Unicorns and Santa you pleb smokin'

Jmanghan
Stop changing your damn opinion already, first it was "lul, HOT wins." Now its "Lul, Revan Stomps." Dafuq changed???

Sinious
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Pfft who needs angels when we got Unicorns and Santa you pleb smokin'

But angels are actually real dude. I can see them when I'm high on LSD.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Dafuq changed???

Who ever you're talking to, the expansion came out which gave Revan some badass accolades and feats.

Emperordmb
And pretty much revealed that HOT is NOT Vitiate's equal like some seemed to believe before.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Emperordmb
And pretty much revealed that HOT is NOT Vitiate's equal like some seemed to believe before. So... Is Revan Vitiate's equal now, then?

NewGuy01
No.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NewGuy01
No. I hope everyone knows that Revan is gonna be the one to permanently kill Vitiate.

Jmanghan
Also, is Revan a dark sider now then?

NewGuy01
He was.

Jmanghan
Ok, so, that ruined the character for me. Lemme guess, they killed him, also?

NewGuy01
More or less, kinda sorta, ish. He's basically Casper the friendly ghost fighting for justice atm.

Jmanghan
More or less, kinda sorta, ish. He's sergeant Casper the friendly ghost fighting for justice atm.

But its the wrong kinda justice? In case you misunderstood me, I was asking if he was currently a bad guy.

NewGuy01
Nah, he's a good guy atm. Also dead, but somehow still going to be helpful.

Jmanghan
Nah, he's a good guy atm. Also dead, but somehow still going to be helpful. Sacrifices his spirit form to destroy Vitiate.

Emperordmb
Yeah... Apparently Bioware thought it would be a great idea to give their writers bath salts and see what happens.

Jmanghan
Yeah... Apparently Bioware thought it would be a great idea to give their writers bath salts and see what happens. LOL

Sinious
More or less, kinda sorta, ish. He's basically Casper the friendly ghost fighting for justice atm.

lol so true.

AncientPower
Yeah... Apparently Bioware thought it would be a great idea to give their writers bath salts and see what happens.

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.