Nanatsu no Taizai characters vs. UQ Holder! characters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Esomark
Anyone else tired of the DBZ character vs. DBZ character threads? Let's try to change that around these parts.

1st scenario:

Meliodas vs. Touta

Diane vs. Evangeline

Ban vs. Kurōmaru

King vs. Ikkū

Gowther vs. Karin

Merlin vs. Santa

2nd scenario:

It will be a verse to verse battle.

Who wins?

danteiscool
Meliodas beats Touta easily enough.

Diane lose to Evangeline due to difference in speed and ability diversity.

Hmm, I'd say King so long as Ikku doesn't manage to really blitz him (though King probably has the speed advantage).

Well, Gowther could probably use his memory rewrite ability to win easily enough unless Karin's 'immortality' is effective against that kind of ability too. If it is, then Gowther has the speed advantage for sure and brute strength too. He could probably just throw her somewhere in that case.

Tough call. If Merlin's absolute cancel can really affect Santa, then it'd be a breeze for Merlin to essentially exorcize him.

2nd scenario: I'd hand to NnT provided characters like Evangeline don't retain their speed feats from Negima.

Q99
UQ characters seem pretty fast, the werewolf character brought that home, and I would think speed feats carry over, it's the same universe after all.

danteiscool
Just how fast was the werewolf guy (name: Kaito)? And I figured as much, though apparently Evangeline is out of practice, considering she had to use magia erebea against Fate pretty early on.

Q99
Originally posted by danteiscool
Just how fast was the werewolf guy (name: Kaito)?

I don't know if we have calcs on him, but he was fairly effortlessly able to blitz post-cave training Touta before Touta's erebea kicked in.

danteiscool
Hmm true. But his pretty much ultimate technique was a shundo that broke the sound barrier...

Q99
Hmm true. But his pretty much ultimate technique was a shundo that broke the sound barrier...

If it created a big shockwave, that normally requires going more than a few times past the sound barrier.

Iirc Kaede's big shunpo move in the festival arc of Negima was placed at something like mach 5-10.

Esomark
Meliodas beats Touta easily enough.

Diane lose to Evangeline due to difference in speed and ability diversity.

Hmm, I'd say King so long as Ikku doesn't manage to really blitz him (though King probably has the speed advantage).

Well, Gowther could probably use his memory rewrite ability to win easily enough unless Karin's 'immortality' is effective against that kind of ability too. If it is, then Gowther has the speed advantage for sure and brute strength too. He could probably just throw her somewhere in that case.

Tough call. If Merlin's absolute cancel can really affect Santa, then it'd be a breeze for Merlin to essentially exorcize him.

2nd scenario: I'd hand to NnT provided characters like Evangeline don't retain their speed feats from Negima.

I pretty much agree with this. You missed Ban and Kuroumaru, though. Ban's Snatch will help circumvent Kuroumaru's flight advantage and his nunchucks have a good range since they can strike targets meters away. If Ban really wanted to be mean, he could pull out Kuroumaru's heart since he was able to extract a demon's heart with no effort. Even with Kuroumaru's regeneration, it would be torturous.

danteiscool
Q99: I see. But according to some... and I could be wrong here or the calcs could be wrong... Gilthunder's lightning is roughly Mach 277 and guys like Meliodas are fast enough to dodge it without much difficulty. So as far as I know, high tiers like Meliodas have a great speed advantage.

Esomark: ah yes, I knew I forgot a match. Even excluding his Snatch ability, his physical abilities already outdo Kuromaru's by a substantial degree. While he does kind of screw around, I doubt Kuromaru would be capable of dealing any 'permanent' wounds to him.

Q99
A speed of an attack has little to do with the speed needed to dodge it.

I don't know Gilthunder's lightning, but if it's a strait line attack or similar, then all that's needed is to get out of the way, or possible anticipate.

Negima characters defend against lightning all the time, and the high tiers (the ones who do not turn into lightning at least) are probably in the high single digit to low double digit mach.

Esomark
Originally posted by Q99
A speed of an attack has little to do with the speed needed to dodge it.

I don't know Gilthunder's lightning, but if it's a strait line attack or similar, then all that's needed is to get out of the way, or possible anticipate.

Negima characters defend against lightning all the time, and the high tiers (the ones who do not turn into lightning at least) are probably in the high single digit to low double digit mach.

Gilthunder's lightning manipulation is quite versatile. He can infuse it into weapons, summon thunderstorms with it (He and Hauser destroyed an entire army on their own. They can also combine their attacks to form a lightning tornado), create beasts out of it (They home on the opponent so you can't aimdodge them), and can infuse himself with it to blitz his opponents or travel with it.

One character that can really trip up Negima and UQ Holder! would be Merlin. She can teleport her opponents wherever she wants (Used it to send Vivian to all sorts of horrible places just for fun) and can dispell magic. It's like she is using cheat codes.

danteiscool
Esomark pretty much said what I planned to say, Q99. Gilthunder's lightning is very versatile indeed, so their speed is still pretty high. In regards to Negima characters, I do believe Negi in his lightning mode is somewhere around Mach 150-170 (I could be pretty wrong here) and if the rest of the characters really are in the double Mach digits, the NnT characters still have a massive speed advantage.

And we also can't forget her absolute cancel either. Considering how it effortlessly destroyed a powerful magical barrier, chances are she could negate almost any kind of magical attack the Negima/UQ Holder characters throw at her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.