Native Americans are Racist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/936930

Lol and here we thought it was only white vs black.

MF DELPH
After reading the article I don't think they're being racist. It's a bit of a financially motivated dick move though. The Freed Slaves that joined the tribe aren't actual Cherokees by ancestry, so they really don't have a stake in the money except in cases where they intermarried with the Cherokees and had children, with the children having a hereditary stake. Like an in-law's rights to a hereditary inheritance. A husband/wife's cousins or siblings would have no stake in a trust left by the parents/grandparents/etc of their spouse despite now being part of my family. The children produced with that spouse, however, would.

Robtard
Total dick move and it does seem racially motivated on the surface, but this:

"In the run-up to the 2007 amendment vote, some proponents of expelling the freedmen suggested that more blacks might apply for membership to receive tribal money."

It's about color, the color green. /edgy

edit: Also learned something new, did not know that the Native American tribes owned black slaves as well back in the day

Lek Kuen
So do they actually get kicked out of the land or allowed to stay and considered some lesser group of non citizens?

Robtard
I'd imagine it's both removing them as being Native citizens and kicking them off the Native reservations.

edit: Reading on it, a lot of the mixed black/native people could get ****ed as well since they have to prove they have Native ancestry somewhere down the line and back in the day when the US government did the Native census, any mixed white/native person went down as "indian" (Native) in the books, but mixed black/native went down as "freedmen" (Black).

Lek Kuen
Really ****ed up these people born and raised with them for several generations now. Even if their genetic ties are dubious at best they are Cherokee at least the post US version.

Time Immemorial
Why are blacks always getting screwed over?

Robtard
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Why are blacks always getting screwed over?

Even though things are better than they've ever been in terms of equality for minorities, women, children and homosexuals, institutional racism still exist in America, that.

But this really seems like it has to do more with greed; than just old fashioned racism.

Time Immemorial
Well fck the Indians. No wonder we exterminated them.

Buncha greedy/racist hachet men.

No wonder they coined the term "Never trust an Indian"

Buncha backstabbing lowlifes.

Robtard

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/answers/441000/441580_1350598090357_217_300.jpg

Omega Vision

Complaining about racism...then proceeding to generalize and say super racist things. Right.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Complaining about racism...then proceeding to generalize and say super racist things. Right.

That was a bit of a rant huhbig grin

ArtificialGlory
That was a bit of a rant huhbig grin

Yeah, just a bit of a random racist outburst. I congratulate you, however, on not having called them 'timber n***ers'. Your restraint is admirable.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Yeah, just a bit of a random racist outburst. I congratulate you, however, on not having called them 'timber n***ers'. Your restraint is admirable.

Well I actually did not say anything racist, the tern never trust an Indian goes back since well, the 1800's.

The term low life is a general term used for any and all scum bags.

However this article really pissed me off what they are doing.

ArtificialGlory
Well I actually did not say anything racist, the tern never trust an Indian goes back since well, the 1800's.

The term low life is a general term used for any and all scum bags.

However this article really pissed me off what they are doing.

I can think of quite a few words/phrases dating back to the 1800's and even older. Doesn't mean they're not racist. Oh, and 'hatchet men'. That's totally not derogatory.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I can think of quite a few words/phrases dating back to the 1800's and even older. Doesn't mean they're not racist. Oh, and 'hatchet men'. That's totally not derogatory.

Oh shiz, looks like I did call them Hatchet Men. Opps laughing

Stoic

You're actually offending me. Not all Indians are the same, so stop lumping them all together. I am Black, and American Indian. Real a$$hole comment. Good job.

Time Immemorial
Thats the problem with the internet, people are easily offended..

Robtard
Thats the problem with the internet, people are easily offended..

What you said would probably offend people not on the internet as well

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
What you said would probably offend people not on the internet as well

Most likely but I don't say shit like that in public. More over that article really pissed me off.

Robtard
Most likely but I don't say shit like that in public.

http://media0.giphy.com/media/6XA99Q0nPSXyU/200_s.gif

Time Immemorial
Lol.

SayWhat
Ran into a few, and people are just people of any race. If some people want to be a jerk and heavy handed, that can happen in any race, ethnicity and gender. To think otherwise is very naive and gullible. I feel that any money ( Native Americans) get from gaming or other industry, should be sent back to D.C. dollar for dollar. There is a lot of double dipping going on.

meep-meep
Most likely but I don't say shit like that in public. More over that article really pissed me off.

WTF.

On topic. Yes, Native Americans can be very racist. So can every other "race".

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by meep-meep
WTF.

On topic. Yes, Native Americans can be very racist. So can every other "race".

Did you chop your scrotum off and sell it on ebay yet?

meep-meep
Its a quote from the Mighty Boosh. It's not directed towards you or me. Stay mad if you want.

Bardock42
Come with us to The Mighty Boosh

meep-meep
Hell yeah. I havent watched it in a few years but I love it.

Bardock42
Same! Thanks to your mentioning of it, I feel like I might do a rewatch in the near future now

meep-meep
No prob. I just might too. Lots of good episodes.

Old Gregg and the Crack Fox. Two of my favorites.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by meep-meep
Its a quote from the Mighty Boosh. It's not directed towards you or me. Stay mad if you want.

My apologies.

meep-meep
No worries.

Shabazz916
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/936930

Lol and here we thought it was only white vs black.

native americans cnt be racist white ppl took there land

Quincy

Dude **** off

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.