What if Dizney zupport the good part of the EU inztead of deleting them?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revanchiste
What if dizney try to make a micro zerie about the mandalorain war from the point of view of the mandalorianz?
Made a Bane moovie, a Revan trilogy etc.....

Or a Jango Fett moovie? Why not? remember the comicz and ZW bounty hunter !!!

Trocity
It'll never happen but I suppose it would be neat.

They would likely butcher the original material, though. I'm sort of glad they're deciding to just "start over" so to speak and make up their own stuff.

Revanchiste
Yhea, ZW uniniverze, iz zometimez pretty good and remember on what it waz bazed?
6 Zhitz !!!
And zomtimez a zhitty comic produce good element wich are retake in good video gamez, comicz etc.....

(Remeber Katarn have DE elementz...... And I love the world devaztator...)

That'z not juzt eraze everythingz to rebuilt it.

Yhea Katarn a young mercenray with a lot of big ztuff like deathztroke + an energy zhield...

And a nice ztory and perzonality..... Az a Jedi when he defeat Jereck I found hiz face a bit childy, when he aw all the magic happen... ANd it waz amuzing....

But if they had an artiztic brain (and not a george lucaz brain.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtUqs80pqYM

carthage
They would've kept the Tales of the Jedi material and deleted the Bane trilogy era material if they wanted to keep good EU writing

Revanchiste
Why Bane trilogy? And to you? Doez erazing the Thrawn trilogy doez make the EU good? Like ZW I without Jarjar...?

Angelalex242
If they kept the EU, they'd better include a redhead in the next movie. Though that'd require a redhead of equal age to Mark Hamil. Oh well.

The Merchant
I wish they kept the EU but eh, there's nothing we can do.

Revanchiste
Because in SW rebels there is part of the EU, they cannot do without the EU !!!

This "wolverine" do you know who does he remind me? Captain nym in much dumber....

The only thing I complain about the serie is that the empire is too much the bad guy remember thrawn trilogy remember the point of view of the empire, remember the relentless, remeber tie fighter serie.
And also the inquisitor light saber I like the concept but.... HOW IT'S WORKING???? I mean it took year to explain how a light saber work to the Sci-Fi community, to make it more marvelistic (in reference to marvel discussions with scientists....)
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110717211606/starwars/images/4/41/KunLightsaberSchematic.jpg
Thiz? And there is also one for the interior.. HOW they will eplain that with the inquisitor light saber when it's turning and the last baby in E VII trailer? Because 3 focus lens in the same point? How it is even possible? The blades of the cross guard need some lateral metalic extention to be generated.... And That's make the weapon pointless as hell because it make the cross guard totaly useless...

Anyway the EU still ibn the mind of the Fan and some story designer in Dizney really know that, that's not hopless....
Because teh scenarist ACTUALLY KNOW THE EU !!!! THEY LEARN IT ENJOY IT, not really understand it well.... But they knew that the EU is AWSOME on some points !!!! And they cannot image SW without the EU...

Q99
You'd have a patchwork of stories that often don't make sense and/or often mention the bad parts.

It's intertwined, it's not as simple as 'this era good, that one bad' or anything.

And heck, there's some stuff that is fairly good stories on their own, but do not really fit and have poor implications to the setting as a whole (Thrawn Trilogy has force-repulsion lizards. Tales of the Jedi has it's over-the-top sorcery. Yadda yadda).

That's likely why they decided to toss it all- there is no untangling it, or easy way to judge what should be good or bad that even most people would agree on.

Well, that and everything post-OT obviously had to go.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Q99
You'd have a patchwork of stories that often don't make sense and/or often mention the bad parts.

It's intertwined, it's not as simple as 'this era good, that one bad' or anything.

And heck, there's some stuff that is fairly good stories on their own, but do not really fit and have poor implications to the setting as a whole (Thrawn Trilogy has force-repulsion lizards. Tales of the Jedi has it's over-the-top sorcery. Yadda yadda).

That's likely why they decided to toss it all- there is no untangling it, or easy way to judge what should be good or bad that even most people would agree on.

I already know that. I SAID IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN ON THIS FORUM PEHARPS BECAUSE I'M A MEMBER OF THE FAN WHO DECIDE WHAt'S CANON WHAT'S NOT !!!

That's not official, but our comminitty don't care about bullshits......

And I know about those lizzard there is even pure force energy form of life did you know that?

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Q99

Nah they decided to toss it all so they could make something more marketable. Something that would translate more easily into merchandising deals.

Originally posted by Q99

Obviously. Yuuzhan Vong and Abeloth wouldn't really work well as free toys with Happy Meals.

And of course they couldn't have the Jedi overthrowing a corrupt government that wasn't "the Third Reich in space." Don't want to risk losing any potential Right-Wing viewers.

If they cared about the real fans they'd have adapted the novels. Those would be awesome movies. But of course why do that when they can make a big commercial instead?

Q99
Originally posted by Revanchiste
I already know that. I SAID IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN ON THIS FORUM PEHARPS BECAUSE I'M A MEMBER OF THE FAN WHO DECIDE WHAt'S CANON WHAT'S NOT !!!

No need to yell.

Even if you're talking about personal canon, so much of the good stuff references bad and vice-versa that it is pretty hard to just rip out the 'bad bits'.

Originally posted by chilled monkey
Nah they decided to toss it all so they could make something more marketable. Something that would translate more easily into merchandising deals.

That and it'd make a swiss-cheese story full of holes and references to crappier parts.

Trocity
Ysalamiri are a neat concept and are in far more than just the Thrawn trilogy but I agree with your point overall.

Q99
Ysalamiri are... basically like midichlorians. They take a mystical field that requires deep understanding to use, and make it repulsable by lizards you can find.

Heck, people complain about the Vong not being in the force, but the Ysalamiri are like that x10.

So they're actually one of my big EU pet peeves.

Shey Tapani
I heard in a podcast, that they asked people how they would feel about Japanese anime style stuff. I could see them adapting some EU like Legacy or Old Republic stuff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.