Star Wars: Complete Cross-sections question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
Does anyone have a quote, or even better, a scan of how Blaster Bolts move at Lightspeed? Would really appreciate it.

Zenwolf
Blaster Bolts don't move at lightspeed, unless you mean Turbolasers, those move at lightspeed.

Turbolaser shots are lightspeed, the shot being invisible but the thing actually seen is slower.

The same basic principals apply for blaster shots, but they wouldn't move at lightspeed. I would put them around bullet speed AT THE LEAST.

I take the 'fastest moves' being what normal people are capable of, seeing as we see Jedi being fast enough to block/deflect multiple blaster shots.

So...really I put Blaster Bolt speed at the very LEAST on bullet speed level, I actually would put it higher considering blaster tech > slugthrower tech(pretty much what IRL we have) but bullet speed is fine.

The Merchant
Thanks hun.

DarthAnt66
Nah, there is a quote saying they go light speed.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Nah, there is a quote saying they go light speed.

Then post it, if you will.

The Merchant
I found it actually:

"Energy weapons fire invisible energy beams at lightspeed. The visible "bolt" is a glowing pulse that travels along the beam at less than lightspeed. Therefore, targets can explode instants before the "bolt" actually arrives." --Taken from Attack of the Clones Incredible Cross-Sections: The Definitive Guide to the Craft from Star Wars: Episode II

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The Merchant
I found it actually:

"Energy weapons fire invisible energy beams at lightspeed. The visible "bolt" is a glowing pulse that travels along the beam at less than lightspeed. Therefore, targets can explode instants before the "bolt" actually arrives." --Taken from Attack of the Clones Incredible Cross-Sections: The Definitive Guide to the Craft from Star Wars: Episode II

Which is speaking of Turbolasers, which the Fact File quote pretty much says the same thing, not regular blaster shots from handheld blasters.

The Merchant
Forgot to mention that the quote was referring to Fighter Starships like X-wings and stuff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.