The old republic vs The Vong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
What of instead of the Sith invading the old republic, it was the Vong. Who would win?

The Merchant
Probably the Old Republic, they where more unified then the New Republic.

ares834
What time frame are we talking about here?

Zenwolf
Vong OP.

carthage
Vong

Trocity
Depends how many worlds the Vong can conquer before the OR can react.

Sinious
The old republic enjoyed peace for 300 years where the NR constantly suffered from devastating conflicts.

The Old Republic at that point seems to be pretty powerful. Unless there are major technological differences, I wouldn't be surprised to see them survive the Vong better than the NR.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Sinious
The old republic enjoyed peace for 300 years where the NR constantly suffered from devastating conflicts.

The Old Republic at that point seems to be pretty powerful. Unless there are major technological differences, I wouldn't be surprised to see them survive the Vong better than the NR.

There are some pretty big tech differences. Ship wise, droid wise, armaments, so on and so forth.

Q99
Really depends on when you're talking about.

The Vong would be too big for the Republic of the Great Hyperspace War era, and would crush that comparatively small Republic.

The KotoR Republic, would likewise lose without much question, though in a better fight.

TOR era, that could be a fairly good battle. It's smaller than the Republic that the Vong faced, but does have plenty of Jedi and a strong military. I'd think it'd be quite possible to lose, and the Vong will certainly go very far, but the Republic may be able to make them hit their logistics limit again (unlike Sith, Vong can't really recruit locally to bolster themselves, save with their lowest-end forces, the actual warrior caste has a limited amount) and then slowly push them back. It would be a very painful experience, however. Vong ships are stronger than theirs are, and they have nothing that'd be too good against the Vong's combat capable worldship (it took a suicide SSD bomb to take it out by the NR).

I could easily see them getting 75~% of the Republic at max extension. And if there's major bad moves made, defeat is possible.

Revanchiste
They r at war.... the war economy iz up. They have thoze artirfact like the ztar forge they have more Jedi...
Not any w-165 turbo lazer.. But they ztart to build deadly weaponz....

Q99
The Star Forge is long gone by the TOR timeframe.

When the Star Forge was around, it was a period where the Republic had already received recent blows, and doesn't have much strategic depth of territory. Plus it's ships aren't particularly strong, and still need crews.

Revanchiste
The old republic is a clearv long storyline.....

And I use the same rule than use to put SW universe at is best when I nerd fight the fan of warhammer 40 000.... I mix the time line best element.

And for the crew that's not a problem :

http://assiste.free.fr/kotor_2/effectifs_militaires_de_revan.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.