Satele Shan vs Savage Opress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILS
Round 1 - Compare them in the following categories:

- Strength
- Speed
- Force
- Dueling Feats/Wins

Round 2 - Who wins in an all out?

Nephthys
Shan

carthage
Opress takes strength

Speed might go to Satele blitzing Sith warriors is slightly more impressive than redirecting omnidirectional blast fire.

Force. Satele has crushed hex droids, broke a small blast door, collapsed a tree fighting Malgus, and used barrier to seal herself. Savage has blown away a small army with Maul, oneshot Knox before his prime, blasted back Obi Wan and Kenobi at the same time, hurled Dooku back, pushed a ship off a cliff, and destroyed his prison cell made of Beskar with a force wave.

Destroying a prison made of Mandalorian iron>> crushing droids in my book. Savage takes force.

Dueling skill goes to Savage, Plo Koon and Ventress are superior opponents to either featless Mekhis, Young Malgus, or Darth Baras.

Savage should take all but speed.

For the dueling round Satele is physically weaker, less skilled, and her force abilities won't due anymore than knock him back. Savage's durability can take anything she throws at him, and he is a superior duelist and like Malgus would gradually overpower her.

She loses

ILS
I can't help but find myself agreeing with carthage that Savage Opress would defeat Satele Shan in a fight.

carthage
He should get more respect than he does.

Unlike Satele who is wanked beyond all belief

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
I can't help but find myself agreeing with carthage that Savage Opress would defeat Satele Shan in a fight.

Shocking.

Savage's great strength won't help him too much here. We've seen Ventress able to deal with it when prepared an Satele has good strength feats from her Malgus. Her speed is also greater than his and she's a good bit more agile and quick on her feet. She's greater in the Force and much more masterful in using it and her skill likely exceeds his by a margin.

carthage
She isn't greater in the force, smashing through an entire room made of Beskar with a force wave is more impressive than crushing a droid. She has no advantage in that area, and her skill is nowhere near his at all. She has only beaten featless duelists, got her ass kicked by a pre-prime Malgus, whereas, Savage has contended with Plo Koon (considered one of the greatest swordsmen produced by the Jedi order), and beaten Ventress who beat Fisto, pressured Mace Windu, etc.

Satele is less skilled than he is in feats.

ILS
Originally posted by Nephthys
Shocking. Rich tbh
Malgus' did tbh
I mean, I guess, if Ventress being thrown around like a ragdoll is what you call dealing with it tbh
I mean, Malgus had her on the brink of being overpowered tbh
Speed, yes tbh, but agility-wise Savage is no less agile than, say, Malgus, who defeated Satele tbh
Shattering Beskar > Anything Satele has shattered tbh. She can be more skilled with the Force tho tbh.

Savage has better dueling and fighting feats tbh

|King Joker|
lololol

carthage
I laughed at the idea of Satele winning when she couldn't even beat Young Malgus

ILS
Originally posted by carthage
I laughed at the idea of Satele winning when she couldn't even beat Young Malgus Savage squiggly Young Malgus tbh

|King Joker|
tbh. ^

ILS
Originally posted by |King Joker|
tbh. ^ thumb up tbh

The Merchant
lol

Fated Xtasy
I just popped a vein just by reading this.thread... wacko

|King Joker|
same tbh

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by |King Joker|
same tbh

Lmfao I hate you so much for that.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
Rich tbh

Grandmaster, bro.

Originally posted by ILS
Malgus' did tbh

In that she held him off with one hand and he was unable to physically overpower her?

Originally posted by ILS
I mean, I guess, if Ventress being thrown around like a ragdoll is what you call dealing with it tbh

Holding him off in a saber lock is.

Originally posted by ILS
I mean, Malgus had her on the brink of being overpowered tbh

Because she was holding on to his lightsaber blade.

Originally posted by ILS
Speed, yes tbh, but agility-wise Savage is no less agile than, say, Malgus, who defeated Satele tbh

I'd say he is less agile than Malgus. Malgus can pull off some fancy flips and spins and jump over lightsaber blades.

Originally posted by ILS
Shattering Beskar > Anything Satele has shattered tbh. She can be more skilled with the Force tho tbh.

Dude, wasn't that like, glass? Even if it had some beskar in it, I doubt it was anywhere near as tough as the armor variety.

Originally posted by ILS
Savage has better dueling and fighting feats tbh

Savage is a brute.

carthage
Savage beating Plo Koon, Adi Gallia, and fighting Ventress evenly as a brute >> Satele beating no one as a GM of the entire Jedi order

ILS
but like she was in a state of peril and had to use a tree to escape tbh
but like her and Satele's physical strikes are meaningless to Savage and Ventress couldn't hit Savage with her saber and Ventress > Satele tbh
yeah like that and the tree situation and it was jace malcom who saved her from being deaded by Malgus tbh
but like SW glass retains nearly all the strength of it's original form tbh and it was a prison cell specifically made of the stuff tbh so like savage basically broke beskar tbh

yeah but like when has satele ever caused obi-wan kenobi or ventress problems tbh she lost to malgus tbh

Fated Xtasy
I hate you so freaking much for that ILS. lmao

ILS
im sorry tbh

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
but like she was in a state of peril and had to use a tree to escape tbh

but like her and Satele's physical strikes are meaningless to Savage and Ventress couldn't hit Savage with her saber and Ventress > Satele tbh

yeah like that and the tree situation and it was jace malcom who saved her from being deaded by Malgus tbh

but like SW glass retains nearly all the strength of it's original form tbh and it was a prison cell specifically made of the stuff tbh so like savage basically broke beskar tbh

yeah but like when has satele ever caused obi-wan kenobi or ventress problems tbh she lost to malgus tbh

no

no

no

Actually, I flat out don't buy that the cell was made of beskar. The description of Satine's cell in the novel (where I assume you're getting the beskar from) is different from that seen in the cartoon, so I suggest it's a simple inconsistency. Theres many between the sources as I recall.

no

ILS
missed this edit tbh
well http://youtu.be/QhjElhu7UHQ?t=2m3s tbh and http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114474/4223637-skills.gif tbh

ILS
dunno if the youtube video of Savage jumping over hasley's lightsaber showed tbh
tbh
Satine was in the same cell as the cartoon and the same one as Savage tbh and theres only been like two sources which are TCW and Shadow Conspiracy so it cant be inconsistent tbh
disagree tbh

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
Satine was in the same cell as the cartoon and the same one as Savage tbh and theres only been like two sources which are TCW and Shadow Conspiracy so it cant be inconsistent tbh

There's differences between how the cell is described in the novel and how it appeared in the cartoon. I don't understand why you think there cannot be inconsistencies between two sources but there are.

ILS
There's differences between how the cell is described in the novel and how it appeared in the cartoon. I don't understand why you think there cannot be inconsistencies between two sources but there are. The only difference between the sources is that Jason Fry added a desk and chair to Satine's prison cell. Other than that there's nothing to suggest there was an inconsistency, everything else is in sync.

tbh

Nephthys
How can you be sure that's the only difference? The glass certainly doesn't appear to be mandalorian iron, and it's just your opinion that it's some beskar transparisteel, which I don't believe appears anywhere else/ever, instead of another inconsistency.

ILS
How can you be sure that's the only difference? The glass certainly doesn't appear to be mandalorian iron, and it's just your opinion that it's some beskar transparisteel, which I don't believe appears anywhere else/ever, instead of another inconsistency. I can be sure because there is no other noticeable difference tbh.

Like, it doesn't matter what you think Mandalorian Iron looks like because that's what it was tbh.

It's Jason Fry's opinion that it was mando iron tbh

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
I can be sure because there is no other noticeable difference tbh.

Like, it doesn't matter what you think Mandalorian Iron looks like because that's what it was tbh.

It's Jason Fry's opinion that it was mando iron tbh

Other than the novel saying mandalorian iron and the other showing glass. It is noticeably not iron.

And it doesn't matter what you think because it's an inconsistency. Weeeeee!

Jason Fry likely didn't have a screenshot of the cell when he was writing so his description wasn't based off of the cartoon's version. That they contradicted his description makes it void.

carthage
No one cares if you think it is an inconsistency unless you have actual proof it is, stop trying to grasp at straws and focus on one thing myopically because Satele has nothing to compare.

Nephthys
Carthage, please stop talking to me. I've put you on ignore, as we were told to cease these rivalries. If you continue to harass me in threads I'll just report you.

ILS
I mean, it's all speculation other than Fry telling us what it is. I could speculate that you'd have to be retarded to leave two Sith in a cell protected by regular glass. So you're basically speculating that the Mandalorians are retards tbh. I guess I'm speculating that Mandalorians having Mandalorian Iron that they use to build prison cells, after going through a process commonly resulting in metals turning into sheets of glass which are nearly as durable as their former forms. Which tbh isn't retarded because prison cells are meant to be tough and Mandalorians have Beskar and Jason Fry agrees with me tbh and it's silly to think Maul and Savage couldn't be expected to get through glass tbh.

Unless you want to suggest it was a weaker form of metal-glass hybrid but tbh you'd be speculating based off of nothing there tbh.

carthage
This is a public forum and you're making public posts, I can respond to the posts you and others make and you can ignore them at your discretion and by utilizing the ignore tool. If you have any problems than by all means report me, because the mod will see I'm talking to your posts and your responding in spite of supposedly having me on ignore.

Nephthys
I'd also speculate that you'd have to be retarded to only leave two guards in the room with them and to leave them conscious at all given the mental powers and mind tricks force users are known to possess. So maybe they are retarded.

ILS
I'd also speculate that you'd have to be retarded to only leave two guards in the room with them and to leave them conscious at all given the mental powers and mind tricks force users are known to possess. So maybe they are retarded. Alright bro I concede. The Mandalorians left Maul and Savage behind regular glass and were comfortable leaving only two guards to look after them.

Not a minor plot hole common in fiction, and definitely not Beskar. Oh no, the viable conclusion can only be that the Mandalorians are retards.

no tbh

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
Alright bro I concede. The Mandalorians left Maul and Savage behind regular glass and were comfortable leaving only two guards to look after them.

Not a minor plot hole common in fiction, and definitely not Beskar. Oh no, the viable conclusion can only be that the Mandalorians are retards.

no tbh

Dude, its probably transparisteel or reinforced glass. Who the hell even uses real glass in star wars? I'm just saying its totally not confirmed as beskar.

ILS
Dude, its probably transparisteel or reinforced glass. Who the hell even uses real glass in star wars? I'm just saying its totally not confirmed as beskar. Jason Fry confirmed it was Beskar, and your only speculation for it not being Beskar is that you don't want it to be for the sake of Satele being more powerful than Savage. Like, you have nothing to support your POV, whatsoever. I do. So tbh.

ILS
HEY NEPH LOOK WHAT I FOUND BRO!

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
Jason Fry confirmed it was Beskar, and your only speculation for it not being Beskar is that you don't want it to be for the sake of Satele being more powerful than Savage. Like, you have nothing to support your POV, whatsoever. I do. So tbh.

There's confirmed inconsistencies between the sources. Theres no other examples of beskar being made into transparisteel. Fry wrote the novel before the scene was created and the cells were established. So tbh, I have more support than you do tbh.

carthage
What "support"? All you keep doing is insisting it isn't made out of Beskar, when he pointed out that Beskar is made in glass as well, you've produced no quote substantiating your claim, and the author confirmed it himself.

ILS
There's confirmed inconsistencies between the sources.

Theres no other examples of beskar being made into transparisteel.

Fry wrote the novel before the scene was created and the cells were established.

So tbh, I have more support than you do tbh. A chair and desk is a negligible inconsistency which has nothing to do with the prison cell.

There are as you can see from my awesome quote above.

Right, but the script would have been written so he would have had a good plan for the novel.

Nah you don't bro. Your only evidence is that you think Mandalorians are retards and that you don't like Savage having better feats than Satele. Like, it's a fact in Legends Canon that Savage busted a prison cell made from Mandalorian Iron. The Episode doesn't spell it out for us that it's made of Beskar but it also doesn't say it isn't, and given the renowned metal-work of the Mandalorians, and the common sense theory of using Beskar for prison cells, and my source above, it only makes sense for the cell to be Beskar, which is why Jason Fry wrote that it was made from Beskar TBH!

Zenwolf
I found the source for that quote btw, it's from the 501st novel.

ILS
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I found the source for that quote btw, it's from the 501st novel. BRRROOOOO!!!!!

ILS
You know what score one for movie era tbh 1-0 suck it SWTOR debaters

Nephthys
You're being childish. Calm down.

Originally posted by ILS
A chair and desk is a negligible inconsistency which has nothing to do with the prison cell.

There are as you can see from my awesome quote above.

Right, but the script would have been written so he would have had a good plan for the novel.

Nah you don't bro. Your only evidence is that you think Mandalorians are retards and that you don't like Savage having better feats than Satele. Like, it's a fact in Legends Canon that Savage busted a prison cell made from Mandalorian Iron. The Episode doesn't spell it out for us that it's made of Beskar but it also doesn't say it isn't, and given the renowned metal-work of the Mandalorians, and the common sense theory of using Beskar for prison cells, and my source above, it only makes sense for the cell to be Beskar, which is why Jason Fry wrote that it was made from Beskar TBH!

Other than the description of the prison cell being the whole feat.

Well, your quote says a transparent film, not glass. But I guess it may indicate it's possible.

But not for the specifics of the cells apparently.

No, you just accused me of thinking they are retards to distract from the argument. Though the fact that one of the guards fires at a stationary Savage's back and misses instead of sounding the alarm that they've escaped doesn't suggest competence to me tbh.

Regardless though, I wouldn't consider it a better feat than Satele's. Just because one source says transparisteel retains most of its durability, while wookiee claims its not nearly as strong as durasteel, doesn't suggest the same for beskar. And the glass was still extremely thin and brittle. While Satele has crushed large, highly durable droids into cubes and blown them apart, casually.

ILS
We had a visual description of the cell in TCW which doesn't disprove Fry or the two sources me and Wolf provided.
Awesome.
Specifics speshmificks, that's what novels and sourcebooks are for.
Tbh the competency of the Mandalorians has little to do with the contents of the cell glass, I was just making a point of it that the Mandalorians being retards isn't a viable argument.
lol dude why would it be different for Beskar? Wookiee isn't canon.

Thin? Sure. But there was a whole wall of the stuff. Brittle? LOLno tbh. It's Beskar.

I mean that's nice but can those droids take repeated strikes from a lightsaber blade? Or nah? latter tbh

Revanchiste
Zavage win only in Ztrengh......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.