Should there be more films after Hobbit 3 ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Do you believe it should end here or that more movies should be made.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Wait-Peter-Jackson-Might-Make-More-Middle-earth-Movies-68489.html

Time Immemorial
Yes I think there should be.

Impediment
The Silmarillion?

Nah.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Impediment
The Silmarillion?

Nah. Why not ?

Impediment
It's far too complex, IMO.

Intellectuals like us get it.

Average Joe Blow popcorn gorging, movie going fgts do not.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Impediment
It's far too complex, IMO.

Intellectuals like us get it.

Average Joe Blow popcorn gorging, movie going fgts do not. It could work but the Tolkien family probably won't give up their rights so it will probably conclude with the battle of the five armies.

ares834
I've tried to figure out a way to create a Silmarillion series, but the problem is quite simply the ending, the War of Wrath. It would need large revisions to make a film from it. Still, I'd love to see it.

BruceSkywalker
can't see it happening, ,,, i wanna see peter jackson work for marvel or dc

draxx_tOfU
Yes but with Guillermo del Toro.

Lord Lucien
If the Silmarillion were to happen it would need to be done very differently. Taken out of Jackson's hands and produced with the understanding that it's not being done as any sort of tie-in with Jackson's films.

I wouldn't want live-action. The Silmarillion is too grand and sweeping in scale and scope for that. Couldn't be a movie either; movies follow arcs, 3-act structures, themes etc. The Silmarillion isn't formatted that way. Animated (hand-drawn, cuz old school) and done in the style of a documentary, or an encyclopedia come to life.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
Yes but with Guillermo del Toro.

I would hate to see his talents wasted on something so irrelevant.

I can only hope that we've seen the last of these movies. How about we just be content on the three great movies we received with the original trilogy until they most assuredly remake the damn thing in another ten years.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.