Greatest Battle Mediator in the Mythos?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Bastila Shan? Nomi Sunrider? Leia Organa Solo? Someone else? You decide.

Nephthys
According to Swtore, Bastila's Battle Meditation was peerless. I've always thought Nomi's was the best though.

NewGuy01
The Dread Masters.

ares834
Obi-Wan Kenobi. He was called "the Negotiator" for a reason.

Sinious
Originally posted by NewGuy01
The Dread Masters.

Angelalex242
I'll cast a vote for Sidious. Without him, the whole Empire falls apart in days. When he comes back, it reforms. When he dies again, it fails.

Shan and Sunrider have never kept an entire political body together by sheer force of will. Not that they wanted to, but still.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Angelalex242
I'll cast a vote for Sidious.

thumb up

By far.

DarthAnt66
Feats for Sidious's BM, old man?

The_Tempest

Angelalex242
Keeping the Empire together isn't enough?

Or waging wars on multiple fronts isn't enough? Most imperial battles are Sidious's BM at work.

Nephthys
Palpatine didn't keep the Empire together with battle meditation. erm

The_Tempest
Neph's just upset someone from TOR doesn't have this epic feat attached to them. Disregard his petty moans. uhuh

Nephthys
Seriously, galaxy wide battle meditation?

Don't you kind of need to um, meditate to do battle meditation? erm

The_Tempest
Sidious has done galaxywide mojo before. Obviously the standard rules don't apply when you're as badass as he is. {Few people are.}

SIDIOUS 66

Angelalex242
Sidious is apparently capable of Force Multitasking. His Battle Meditation was in fact active through the entire 2nd Death Star confrontation, and the Empire was winning right up till he bought it...then the Empire's troops fell apart.

Vorpal Ruin
OP said "Battle Mediator" and many responses have been about Battle Meditation, so which one are we discussing here?

Meditate and Mediate aren't the same thing.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
OP said "Battle Mediator" and many responses have been about Battle Meditation, so which one are we discussing here?

Meditate and Mediate aren't the same thing. thumb up #badreaders

The Merchant
Yeah that's the reason why THRAWN wanted JORUUS C'BAOTH. A Jedi master capable of Battle Meditation was something he needed and he made note on how the Battle of Endor was going well until the Emperor dies and makes the connection that it was Palpatine's existence helping them.

Selenial
Mediator?

Coleman Trebor.

Trocity
Originally posted by Selenial
Mediator?

Coleman Trebor.

thumb up x100

Q99
T'ra Saa was extremely good in Legacy. She controlled the precise flow of a multi-sided battle and even accounted for powerful enemy reinforcements, allowing most of her sides' forces to escape from a deadly trap by an overwhelming enemy.

Q99

Angelalex242
Eh? When did they throw a random force sensitive grand admiral in the mix?

Q99
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Eh? When did they throw a random force sensitive grand admiral in the mix?

Grand Admiral Nial Declann

In a Who's Who of Grand Admirals as the first mention.

The original book only had Thrawn speculating that Palpatine had some sway over the fleet, and perhaps Sidious had done some magic on various commanders to reinforce loyalty or something too, but Thrawn didn't know the full details of the battle, such as the ones directly running the conflict from the DS2.

The_Tempest
The excerpt very specifically mentions the dark side, Q. There's no getting around it.

Nephthys
That the darkside was diffused and undirected, leading it to cause fear and confusion. That does not necessarily mean that before then it lead to order.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys
That the darkside was diffused and undirected, leading it to cause fear and confusion. That does not necessarily mean that before then it lead to order.

facepalm

Pretty sure that's what "cohesive force" means.

Palpatine = cohesive force to the Empire

Palpatine = dead

Dead Palpatine = chaotic Empire

All of which is supported by the excerpt. There's no getting around it.

Q99
Originally posted by The_Tempest
The excerpt very specifically mentions the dark side, Q. There's no getting around it.

So? That doesn't change that it was politically set up to rely on a central Sith leader, and doesn't mean he was doing a giant battle meditation type thing.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Q99
So? That doesn't change that it was politically set up to rely on a central Sith leader, and doesn't mean he was doing a giant battle meditation type thing.

:/

The excerpt clearly emphasizes the Force with nary a single mention of politics. Your desperate handwaving doesn't change that one iota.

Palpatine's influence over the Empire clearly transcended mundane politics. Deal with it.

Q99

The excerpt clearly emphasizes the Force with nary a single mention of politics. Your desperate handwaving doesn't change that one iota.

Handwaving? The political setup of the Empire is fairly well established, and that there really was no good way for anyone to establish their power easily once Sidious and Vader vanished.

Yes, I did mention he likely used dark side influence over many major figures in it. And 'designed to be ruled by a Sith' hardly implies things are 100% mundane, though mundane certainly play a role. And keep in mind, the force flows through all things. An organization that is following the ways of the dark side doesn't require specific powers.

It's just there's no mention of him being constantly doing a battle meditation style ability like some here are trying to imply, and nor do I think it slightly necessary to act as it did.

S_W_LeGenD
Well reasoned, Q99.

Palpatine's dominion over his Empire was similar to that of Emperor's dominion over his Empire much earlier in history. In absence of both, their Empires began to fracture from within.

Nephthys
facepalm

Pretty sure that's what "cohesive force" means.

Palpatine = cohesive force to the Empire

Palpatine = dead

Dead Palpatine = chaotic Empire

All of which is supported by the excerpt. There's no getting around it.

Palpatine being the cohesive force for the empire, being the ****ing Emperor with no successor, is a no shit point of contention. That he was a cohesive force because of the darkside is something you're pulling out of your ass with a biased interpretation.

This evidence isn't nearly solid enough to suggest galaxy wide battle meditation and you know it.

The_Tempest
Palpatine being the cohesive force for the empire, being the ****ing Emperor with no successor, is a no shit point of contention. That he was a cohesive force because of the darkside is something you're pulling out of your ass with a biased interpretation.

This evidence isn't nearly solid enough to suggest galaxy wide battle meditation and you know it.

http://iguessimagrownup.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/cersei-laugh-gif.gif

U mad?

A man whose profound bias has made him legendary for his double standards lobbing that word around for no reason is enough to elicit a hearty chuckle. I chuckled, heartily, Neph.

It's also peculiar that that same man, who allegedly went to university for English and writing, demonstrates a staggering ignorance of both when the situation calls for it.

It's all there in the excerpt, my son. No reference to the political design of the Empire, no reference to a lack of constitutional mechanism to designate a successor, only a clear and exact reference to the dark side.

You lose. thumb up

Q, I'm... well aware of this.

The excerpt makes it quite clear, though, that Palpatine as a director of the dark side was what provided cohesiveness and order among his servants. Declann's presence doesn't contradict the ROTJ novel or Thrawn's subsequent observations of it. Absent that cohesive presence, the Empire fractured. As much as you and Neph wish otherwise, the dark side is clearly mentioned whereas politics aren't.

Nephthys
It's all there in the excerpt, my son. No reference to the political design of the Empire, no reference to a lack of constitutional mechanism to designate a successor, only a clear and exact reference to the dark side.

Only that the darkside being unfocused led to chaos. The excerpt says that the central force of the Empire was gone and that the darkside being unfocused and diffused was leading to fear and confusion. The novel also makes it clear that the general confusion was actually incited by the damage to the Death Star which lead to reactor meltdowns and mass hysteria. The factors were threefold, the sudden death of the Emperor, the mass damage and shitstorm brewing and that the darkside had been diffused by Palpatine's death. The last one doesn't need to be caused by a lack of battle meditation, Palpatine had made himself the linchpin for the darkside in the galaxy. The place where he died would cause a nexus to form from his explosively released energies. It only makes sense that his death would cause these issues, as large amounts of darkside energy is known to do.

As Q99 has already proved, Palpatine wasn't even using battle meditation in that battle, it was Declann.

The_Tempest
Only that the darkside being unfocused led to chaos. The excerpt says that the central force of the Empire was gone and that the darkside being unfocused and diffused was leading to fear and confusion. The novel also makes it clear that the general confusion was actually incited by the damage to the Death Star which lead to reactor meltdowns and mass hysteria. The factors were threefold, the sudden death of the Emperor, the mass damage and shitstorm brewing and that the darkside had been diffused by Palpatine's death. The last one doesn't need to be caused by a lack of battle meditation, Palpatine had made himself the linchpin for the darkside in the galaxy. The place where he died would cause a nexus to form from his explosively released energies. It only makes sense that his death would cause these issues, as large amounts of darkside energy is known to do.

As Q99 has already proved, Palpatine wasn't even using battle meditation in that battle, it was Declann.

No.

Palpatine clearly exerted tremendous dark side influence over the Empire in an unprecedented scale. He's awesome like that.

This does please me, though. big grin

Nephthys
No.

Palpatine clearly exerted tremendous dark side influence over the Empire in an unprecedented scale. He's awesome like that.

This does please me, though. big grin

None of which suggests galaxy wide battle meditation. Obviously battle meditation is indicated in the part about his fleets and soldiers, but we already know he actually used other's for that purpose, at least in the case of the Battle of Endor. Which kind of makes this whole argument pointless. Palpatine's death wouldn't take away battle meditation directly.

Shaping those in government implies telepathy. Destroying enemies from a distance and learning of conspiracies implies sorcery and farsight. Not battle meditation.

The_Tempest
None of which suggests galaxy wide battle meditation. Obviously battle meditation is indicated in the part about his fleets and soldiers

Nothing suggests battle meditation except the part that does? mmm

You're silly.

FreshestSlice
I was going to say Bastila, but I had no idea about Palpatine. Jumping on the bandwagon.

Nephthys
Silly is suggesting Palpatine was holding the Empire together with galaxy-wide battle meditation simply because of the mention of the darkside.

Silly would also be suggesting that Palpatine's death unraveled the "entire" Empire and then posting a quote solely talking about the Battle of Endor.

ares834
Well, Palpatine's death did unravel the Empire. Head of the snake an all that. But yeah, really not seeing any reason to believe he was holding it together because of galaxy wide BM.

The_Tempest
I post two excerpts that cite Palpatine's use of the dark side as being a primary source of cohesion for the Empire and you flagrantly disregard them. You're a dishonest poopoo head who is shameless in his use of double standardssilly. he

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I was going to say Bastila, but I had no idea about Palpatine. Jumping on the bandwagon.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/yesjacknicholson.gif

http://media3.giphy.com/media/fAGln5qp01U9q/giphy.gif

Arhael
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Bastila Shan? Nomi Sunrider? Leia Organa Solo? Someone else? You decide.
Leia doesn't know BM and never demonstrated it.

Nephthys
I post two excerpts that cite Palpatine's use of the dark side as being a primary source of cohesion for the Empire and you flagrantly disregard them. You're a dishonest poopoo head who is shameless in his use of double standardssilly. he

No, I accepted them. I merely offered a different interpretation than you that isn't quite as insane as yours and perfectly fits the facts.

The_Tempest
No, I accepted them. I merely offered a different interpretation than you that isn't quite as insane as yours and perfectly fits the facts.

Nah. You and Q were crying "politics, politics, politics!" until I forced you both to concede that Palpatine used the dark side. Now it's just a matter of time until you concede the rest.

You'll bend or you'll break, but the outcome is inevitable: I win.

Nephthys
Nah. You and Q were crying "politics, politics, politics!" until I forced you both to concede that Palpatine used the dark side. Now it's just a matter of time until you concede the rest.

You'll bend or you'll break, but the outcome is inevitable: I win.

Q and I didn't concede anything. Both of us believed that Palpatine likely did use the Force to help him rule before you pulled out the second quote. It has nothing to do with the first one nor does it establish your absurd concept of galaxy wide BM. It's still referring to Palpatine's loss as the leader of the Empire as well as the diffusal of the darkside leading to fear and panic. You still only have a shoddy interpretation of a vague quote as your support.

As I pointed out, your original quote was merely describing the panic during the Battle of Endor. Not anything related to galaxy-wide chaos. The second quote establishes Palpatine using a number of Force powers to help his rule. Battle Meditation was one of them, but as has been established it's known that Palpatine used people such as Declann for that. Why would he need to use that man if he could perform galaxy wide BM?

The_Tempest
Q and I didn't concede anything. Both of us believed that Palpatine likely did use the Force to help him rule before you pulled out the second quote. It has nothing to do with the first one nor does it establish your absurd concept of galaxy wide BM. It's still referring to Palpatine's loss as the leader of the Empire as well as the diffusal of the darkside leading to fear and panic. You still only have a shoddy interpretation of a vague quote as your support.

The first quote proclaims Sheev as the central cohesive force to the Empire {not just the dudes at Endor} and that, with his death, the dark side was diffused and lead to rapid fragmentation of Imperial forces. The second quote corroborates it by Palpatine using the Force to influence fleets and soldiers and governments and from a distance at that.

You backpedaled from politics to the Force as I predicted.

As I pointed out, your original quote was merely describing the panic during the Battle of Endor. Not anything related to galaxy-wide chaos. The second quote establishes Palpatine using a number of Force powers to help his rule. Battle Meditation was one of them, but as has been established it's known that Palpatine used people such as Declann for that. Why would he need to use that man if he could perform galaxy wide BM?

facepalm

Why would Palpatine employ guards if he can defend himself? Or Vitiate for that matter? Redundancy, bro. And no one said he was doing it 24/7.

You're silly. Sheev owns this thread as utterly as I own you and Q. Which is to say, utterly.

Nephthys
The first quote proclaims Sheev as the central cohesive force to the Empire {not just the dudes at Endor} and that, with his death, the dark side was diffused and lead to rapid fragmentation of Imperial forces.

Which has nothing implying battle meditation. no expression

And that it says the Empire doesn't matter because the excerpt is solely describing the effects on the Imperials at Endor.

The second quote corroborates it by Palpatine using the Force to influence fleets and soldiers

Yes. By ordering other people to perform Battle Meditation. As we know he did. no expression

And if he did use BM to aid his military, that still does not mean he did so across the entire galaxy at all times. That is a ridiculous extrapolation.

and governments and from a distance at that.

Which has nothing to do with Battle Meditation. no expression

You backpedaled from politics to the Force as I predicted.

I didn't suggest politics. I suggested Palpatine's death caused chaos because he was the person in charge of everything and when the person in charge of everything dies with no one to step up through the chain of command then there's chaos. His death is also obviously a severe detriment to morale.

facepalm

Why would Palpatine employ guards if he can defend himself? Or Vitiate for that matter? Redundancy, bro. And no one said he was doing it 24/7.

You're silly. Sheev owns this thread as utterly as I own you and Q. Which is to say, utterly.

Except the man was doing it in the very battle you're trying to establish as the basis for galaxy wide BM. Try to actually think this through, Tempest. You're claiming that Palpatine's death in the Battle of Endor caused mass chaos because he was no longer performing his BM. Except he was having someone else perform BM in that battle. So if he's not using Battle Meditation then why would his death cause chaos by a lack of Battle Meditation? erm

The_Tempest
Which has nothing implying battle meditation. no expression

And that it says the Empire doesn't matter because the excerpt is solely describing the effects on the Imperials at Endor.

Nah. It says Palpatine was the cohesive agent to the Empire, not just the Imperials at Endor.

Yes. By ordering other people to perform Battle Meditation. As we know he did. no expression

And if he did use BM to aid his military, that still does not mean he did so across the entire galaxy at all times. That is a ridiculous extrapolation.

Except that excerpt makes no reference to him employing others to do so. It says he {Palpatine} used it {the dark side} to influence his fleets and soldiers.

Which has nothing to do with Battle Meditation. no expression

I didn't say it did, my son.

I didn't suggest politics. I suggested Palpatine's death caused chaos because he was the person in charge of everything and when the person in charge of everything dies with no one to step up through the chain of command then there's chaos. His death is also obviously a severe detriment to morale.

Aka politics. But both excerpts cite the Force, not politics.

Except the man was doing it in the very battle you're trying to establish as the basis for galaxy wide BM. Try to actually think this through, Tempest. You're claiming that Palpatine's death in the Battle of Endor caused mass chaos because he was no longer performing his BM. Except he was having someone else perform BM in that battle. So if he's not using Battle Meditation then why would his death cause chaos by a lack of Battle Meditation? erm

I'm saying that Sheev used the dark side to influence the Empire, which is explicitly confirmed by two excerpts. No Sheev means no dark side to influence the Empire. Declann is inconsequential. The first excerpt doesn't say Admiral Declann was the cohesive force to the Empire. The second excerpt doesn't say Admiral Declann used the Force to guide fleets and soldiers and shape governments. It says Sheev.

It's all about Sheev, bro. Sheev owns this thread.

SIDIOUS 66
I don't know why it's so hard for people to accept. I mean, Palpatine was able to cloud the vision of the entire jedi order on a galactic scale and maintain it while not actively meditating. Sidious' control over the dark side was just that great. No other sith before or after him compares.

S_W_LeGenD
The imbalance that Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious created with their ritual in the Force, is likely to have clouded the foresight of the Jedi Order.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I don't know why it's so hard for people to accept. I mean, Palpatine was able to cloud the vision of the entire jedi order on a galactic scale and maintain it while not actively meditating. Sidious' control over the dark side was just that great. No other sith before or after him compares.

Neph's just bitter that Sidious is still king and that everyone's going to forget about Vitiate and Bane in less than 5 years.

SIDIOUS 66
Neph's just bitter that Sidious is still king and that everyone's going to forget about Vitiate and Bane in less than 5 years.

thumb up

I figured Vitiate was the reason he's having a hard time accepting the quote.

Nephthys
Not jealous, I just find this utterly absurd.

Nah. It says Palpatine was the cohesive agent to the Empire, not just the Imperials at Endor.

The quote was written to describe the panic after Sidious' death and the Death Star getting f'ed up. The whole quote is this:

"The first bridge explosion took Green Leader with it; the subsequent uncontrolled joyride snagged ten more fighters, two cruisers, and an ordnance vessel. By the time the whole exothermic conglomerate finally crashed into the side of the Death Star, the impact was momentous enough to actually jolt the battle station, setting off internal explosions and thunderings all through its network of reactors, munitions, and halls.

For the first time, the Death Star rocked. The collision with the exploding destroyer was only the beginning, leading to various systems breakdowns, which led to reactor meltdowns, which led to personnel panic, abandonment of posts, further malfunctions, and general chaos.

Smoke was everywhere, substantial rumblings came from all directions at once, people were running and shouting. Electrical fires, steam explosions, cabin depressurizations, coughdisruption of chain-of-command.cough Added to this, the continued bombardments by Rebel Cruisers - smelling fear in the enemy - merely heightened the sense of hysteria that was already pervasive.

For the Emperor was dead. The central, powerful evil that had been the cohesive force to the Empire was gone; and when the dark side was this diffused, this nondirected - this was simply where it led.

Confusion.

Desperation.

Damp fear."

It's only talking about the guys in the Death Star.

And of course Palpatine was the cohesive force for the Empire. But the novel isn't talking about the entire empire nor does it describe panic across the empire, just this one battle. And that doesn't have anything to do with battle meditation.

Except that excerpt makes no reference to him employing others to do so. It says he {Palpatine} used it {the dark side} to influence his fleets and soldiers.

Just like Tarkin used the Death Star to destroy Alderaan. But he didn't push the button himself. Don't be so literal, the actions of those under someones command can be spoken of as if the person of authority did them.

And like I said, you can use Battle Meditation...... and not have to use it across the entire galaxy. He could have just gone and done it. At the absolute maximum he does it across the galaxy, not over the entire galaxy. That's frankly a retarded interpretation.

I didn't say it did, my son.

Then why mention it in this debate about Palpatine's battle meditation?

Aka politics. But both excerpts cite the Force, not politics.

AKA Command, leadership, cult of personality etc.

I'm saying that Sheev used the dark side to influence the Empire, which is explicitly confirmed by two excerpts. No Sheev means no dark side to influence the Empire. Declann is inconsequential. The first excerpt doesn't say Admiral Declann was the cohesive force to the Empire. The second excerpt doesn't say Admiral Declann used the Force to guide fleets and soldiers and shape governments. It says Sheev.

It's all about Sheev, bro. Sheev owns this thread.

Now who's bending? That he used the Force to influence the Empire doesn't mean battle meditation. That he may be capable of battle meditation doesn't mean galaxy-wide battle meditation. That his forces experience fear after his death does not imply battle meditation. Nothing remotely suggests what you've taken from this. This is not a feat of battle meditation.

You didn't answer my question or remotely support your argument here. There's no reason for the forces at Endor to go nuts from to lack of battle meditation from the guy who isn't using battle meditation. There is no mention of the rest of the empire going nuts from a lack of galaxy-wide battle meditation. In fact theres mass celebration. The only one confirmed to be using battle meditation is Declann.

SIDIOUS 66
I guess if you want to get strict with the definition, no, it's not battle meditation since he's not meditating at all times, but it does imply that the empire as a whole was an extension of his will and guided by it via the dark side.

Not sure if you've watched the movie Willow (also a Lucasfilm), but in it, Bavmorta implies that her army was guided by her powers, IIRC. Same with Palpatine, except on a galactic scale. It's not absurd at all. It's just another effect his control over the dark side granted him, just like clouding the visions of thousands of jedi spread across the galaxy despite Yoda's and the rest of the council's attempt to pierce it.

Nephthys
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I guess if you want to get strict with the definition, no, it's not battle meditation since he's not meditating at all times,

thumb up

SIDIOUS 66
thumb up

So you agree with everything else? Because you do realize that it's even more impressive in that he doesn't have to meditate in order to maintain such a control over his empire with the dark side on a galactic scale, which is what the quote makes clear, otherwise, it wouldn't make sense for the quote to go on about Palpatine's death causing such a confusion, since 1) he wasn't meditating at the time, as you said, and 2) nobody on the death star other than Vader and Luke knew he was killed. It wouldn't make sense that Palpatine's death diffusing the dark side, thus nondirecting it, would have any impact on the empire, unless he did indeed control his forces with the dark side.

Nephthys
The quote isn't talking about the empire or anything on a galactic scale, it's talking about the imperials on the death star.

SIDIOUS 66
The DE sourcebook does, though. The quote from the novel details the effect Palpatine's death had on his empire and the force. Why would the diffusion of the dark side, and it being nondirected only affect people on the Death Star? (remember: Palpatine wasn't meditating on them at the time.)

Nephthys
Palpatine made himself the linchpin for the darkside. And he released a shitton of energy when he died. A nexus formed around the area, in fact. The darkside was previously focused through Sidious (and Vader?), so it makes sense that when he died it would suddenly be undirected and start effing shit up.

Regardless, the quote is only talking about the guys on the Death Star. It proves nothing about anything else.

SIDIOUS 66
Palpatine made himself the linchpin for the darkside. And he released a shitton of energy when he died. A nexus formed around the area, in fact. The darkside was previously focused through Sidious (and Vader?), so it makes sense that when he died it would suddenly be undirected and start effing shit up.

Regardless, the quote is only talking about the guys on the Death Star. It proves nothing about anything else.

Diffused, Neph.

Nephthys
Where it had previously been concentrated in Sidious (and vader), yes.

SIDIOUS 66
The quote was referring to Sidious's death, not Vader. When it speaks of the dark side being diffused, obviously it's referring to a cosmic event, balance to the force, the dark side being weakened upon Sidious' death, and how it affected his minions; not a powerful nexus being formed.

Nephthys
I don't actually care enough to continue arguing this out. All I wanted to establish is that galaxy-wide BM is off the table. Thats why it was the only thing I payed attention to on the last page.

Angelalex242
...Huh. The existence of a random, essentially no name dude from a book I never read...his existence is probably only there at all to explain why the Emperor could shock Luke to death and keep his army running smoothly at the same time. As if they thought he originally could do it all, but then decided that was OP and had him delegate some of the work.

The_Tempest
I don't actually care enough to continue arguing this out. All I wanted to establish is that galaxy-wide BM is off the table. Thats why it was the only thing I payed attention to on the last page.

It's not off the table, bro. The Dark Empire Sourcebook specifically states that the Emperor's use of the dark side heavily influenced the affairs of the Empire and The Return of the Jedi novelization makes it clear that Palpatine's death diffused the dark side and fragmented the Empire.

And trying to subvert the precise language of the text to credit others for Palpatine's achievement? Amateur hour:

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc520/G1d3on91/darthsidiousbattlemeditation_zps45583761.png

As always, Neph, I'm a step ahead. wink

Nephthys
Yes, I know that Sidious can use Battle Meditation. I can read wookieepedia, thanks.

Still not seeing anything suggesting galaxy wide BM. erm

Also subverting precise language, what? We know someone else was using BM at Endor. I'm subverting jack shit.

SIDIOUS 66
He's just being too strict with the definition, Temp. Either way, the result is the same (more impressive, in fact). However, since Palpatine wasn't meditating 24/7 or during his death, Neph doesn't consider it being galactic wide battle meditation.

I don't get the point in trying to undermine Palpatine's hold over his galactic empire just because he doesn't meditate at all times. All he's doing is unintentionally pointing out that Palpatine's command over the dark side is even more impressive and advanced. Just because he wasn't meditating at the time, the quote describes the effect his death had on his minions.

FreshestSlice
All I heard was, Doesn't even need to meditate to hold the entire galaxy together."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.