Euthanasia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Thoughts on why it is not legal.

Why is this not accepted and why is this not legal, do they want to milk us for insurance and medical bills as long as possible?

Digi
I don't really know, but it probably has more to do with the Judeo-Christian influences on our laws, and how until recently the legislation of subjective moral matters didn't receive as much public scrutiny. I doubt the number of assisted suicides is/was great enough for insurance companies to lobby for legislation.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Digi
I don't really know, but it probably has more to do with the Judeo-Christian influences on our laws, and how until recently the legislation of subjective moral matters didn't receive as much public scrutiny. I doubt the number of assisted suicides is/was great enough for insurance companies to lobby for legislation.

Im trying to understand the point of people going out in pain and agony or being doped up on morphine when they could go out peacefully at their own will? When you know its times up, what the will to hold on while in pain?

Digi
There are intermediate steps. If a person has some foresight, they can create guidelines for end-of-life care that don't include a lot of that stuff. The trouble usually comes when they don't, and the decision is left to family members.

But if they're cognizant enough to make their own decisions still, it usually comes down to the fact that, in the end, no one really wants to die.

AsbestosFlaygon
Yeah, I think it should depend on the nearly dead/dying individual if he/she wants to be euthanized or not.

I mean, if you see the person hesitantly shaking his/her head like a "No, I don't wan't to die yet; I still want to see your faces until my last breath" kind of way, we should leave him/her be if he/she chooses to die a painful death.

Stoic
Suicide is illegal.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Stoic
Suicide is illegal.

Lol says all the deaths.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.