(AotC) Count Dooku -vs- Darth Maul (TPM)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bigblue442

Maul appears instead of Yoda, and he and Dooku fight to the death.

Who survives?

Marco1907
Maul has brute-strength advantage, Dooku has force advantage against this version of Maul. So split 5 / 5 IMHO.

Bigblue442
Originally posted by Marco1907
Maul has brute-strength advantage, Dooku has force advantage against this version of Maul. So split 5 / 5 IMHO.

Vote for your favorite in the Poll.

Let's see what the masses think.

DARTH POWER
Dooku wins comfortably.

Marco1907
I would love to see that Maul wrecks Dooku like Savage Opress did though. But probably TPM Maul isn't physically strong as Savage (TCW Maul probably), but more skilled and faster, if Maul deflects his lightning I really don't see the scenario where Dooku outduels Maul, maybe he can push him or even choke him with the force, but maybe... TPM Maul has good TK defense and very durable as well.

Revanchiste
I prefer maul... But dooku win with difficulty.... He iz able to cut maul light zaber with eaze...

Marco1907
Originally posted by Revanchiste
He iz able to cut maul light zaber with eaze...

And ? Cutting his lightsaber does not provide any win, Maul is just as good as with one lightsaber. He already dueled with Qui-Gon at tatooine with one lightsaber, and defeated amped Kenobi with one lightsaber as well.

Not to mention, Clone of TPM Maul defeated Vader after he cut his lightsaber in two, which means nothing.

Revanchiste
I Know but then iz defenzif eeerr againzt dooku....??? Eeeeerrr...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H7T9kBSFsM

Marco1907
Originally posted by Revanchiste
I Know but then iz defenzif eeerr againzt dooku....??? Eeeeerrr...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H7T9kBSFsM

It says Maul has better physical condition and Dooku has better force powers, it is not different than what I said.

However, it underestimates Dooku's weakness to physical and kinetic power and it also underestimates Maul's primary power which is physical and kinetic power.

Physical beasts like Maul and Savage are the worst enemies for that old man... Even inferior brother Savage Opress, -and this happened before his prime- he was able to overwhelm Dooku with one stroke.

Sinious
Count Dooku wins with moderate difficulty.

NewGuy01
Dooku 8-9/10. His bladework is only marginally superior, but he has a solid force advantage.

He'd only take TCW Maul 6-7/10 though.

Revanchiste
It says Maul has better physical condition and Dooku has better force powers, it is not different than what I said.

However, it underestimates Dooku's weakness to physical and kinetic power and it also underestimates Maul's primary power which is physical and kinetic power.

Physical beasts like Maul and Savage are the worst enemies for that old man... Even inferior brother Savage Opress, -and this happened before his prime- he was able to overwhelm Dooku with one stroke.

Yhea But kinetic rezitance doezn't change anything againzt a light zaber...

XD Zavage have not a chance againzt dooku it haz been zaid and rezaid !!!

Makahi = Blocking AND avoiding with precizion an dminimal effort, and reattack with precizion....

Maul have force reziztance....

But Dooku have train Qui gon Jinn... Humhum... He will have no problem to dodge maul attackz...

DARTH POWER

However, it underestimates Dooku's weakness to physical and kinetic power

Dude you need to reformulate this argument of yours about the kinetic power. The Physical one makes sense due to Dooku's age, but your kinetic power one is weak.

The word "weakness" isn't mentioned in the ROTS Novel with regards to Count Dooku. In fact the word "weakness" was only used for Djem So's lack of mobility on the same damn page as the quote you always repeat as proof of Dooku's apparent weakness.
And you need to stop focusing on this 1 stroke of Opress's that floored Dooku (only because he hit the wall behind him by the way), as if that's what would happen every time Opress traded blows with him. Really if anything it's Opress who also has the "lack of mobility" which is a MAJOR WEAKNESS for Dooku to exploit. And he did by constantly dodging his strikes. With Skywalker he exploited it by kick slamming him to the wall, knocking the wind out of him.

Now if you were to focus on the "physical" aspect and say something like "Dooku's shown a vulnerability to "physical" attacks likely due to his age. Whilst Maul excels at physical attacks.." then that's an argument some might be able to take more seriously.

Just my opinion bro.

DarthAnt66
Dooku is obvious superior.

Marco1907
I don't really see how Dooku is outdueling Maul, even his TPM version, even TPM Maul was superior duelist to AotC Kenobi and AotC Anakin and Maul has a solid physical strength advantage here, Dooku's only option here is choking him casually, but I don't see he is doing that easy or for a majority, Maul has already enough force power to dominate force senstive Silus, and TPM Kenobi, he survived via using the force, protect himself against Vader's force attacks etc.

Maul is the worst opponent for Dooku imo. But, that doesn't diminish Dooku's dueling skills which is defeating the likes of Kenobi or Ventress with moderate effort, TPM Maul probably can't defeat them (Kenobi or Ventress) with ease, he had to work harder than Dooku tbh.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Sinious

Revanchiste
If he cut maul light zaber it became a lot eazier !!!

Maul reziztance to the force and hiz agrezziv martial art make the combat a really cloze fight....

Trocity
Originally posted by Sinious

ILS
Well on one hand, TPM Darth Maul's feats mostly come from a shitty movie nobody likes, and his main supporter on this site overhypes him to no end. So based on that a lot of people could beat TPM Maul because he just inherently sucks.

Then on the other hand, he actually has sufficient feats to contend with Dooku and take at least 3 wins out of 10, maybe 4.

So yeah, it's really, really tough to pick which one of those logical routes to take. But I think will have to go with the latter.

Trocity
I just read your Ulic respect thread, nice job.

His force power is actually quite impressive for someone we think of as a sabers only kind of guy.

ILS
Gracias. Yeah, he appears to have better defensive powers than offensive ones. Which suits being a duelist primarily, because he can tank Force powers and then close the gap and turn the fight into a duel.

Lord Stark
Dooku rag dolls. I don't really consider TPM Maul to be superior to AOTCs Kenobeh

Marco1907
Originally posted by ILS
Well on one hand, TPM Darth Maul's feats mostly come from a shitty movie nobody likes, and his main supporter on this site overhypes him to no end. So based on that a lot of people could beat TPM Maul because he just inherently sucks.

Then on the other hand, he actually has sufficient feats to contend with Dooku and take at least 3 wins out of 10, maybe 4.

So yeah, it's really, really tough to pick which one of those logical routes to take. But I think will have to go with the latter.

TPM Kenobi > TPM Maul... So Dooku curbstomps that stupid zabrak...

Marco1907
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Dude you need to reformulate this argument of yours about the kinetic power. The Physical one makes sense due to Dooku's age, but your kinetic power one is weak.

The word "weakness" isn't mentioned in the ROTS Novel with regards to Count Dooku. In fact the word "weakness" was only used for Djem So's lack of mobility on the same damn page as the quote you always repeat as proof of Dooku's apparent weakness.
And you need to stop focusing on this 1 stroke of Opress's that floored Dooku (only because he hit the wall behind him by the way), as if that's what would happen every time Opress traded blows with him. Really if anything it's Opress who also has the "lack of mobility" which is a MAJOR WEAKNESS for Dooku to exploit. And he did by constantly dodging his strikes. With Skywalker he exploited it by kick slamming him to the wall, knocking the wind out of him.

Now if you were to focus on the "physical" aspect and say something like "Dooku's shown a vulnerability to "physical" attacks likely due to his age. Whilst Maul excels at physical attacks.." then that's an argument some might be able to take more seriously.

Just my opinion bro.

Don't you think Savage Opress is the best example we have ? You know a nightbrother like Maul, trained in the jedi arts, using double bladed lightsaber, and he just humilated that old man with one stroke ? And he did this before his prime ?

It was more than a one-hit tbh, Dooku knowingly escaped from Savage's blows there. Just watch it and you can see it.

2S2bY8JY5Fk

There isn't even one bladelock with Savage Opress here.

DARTH POWER
Don't you think Savage Opress is the best example we have ? You know a nightbrother like Maul, trained in the jedi arts, using double bladed lightsaber, and he just humilated that old man with one stroke ? And he did this before his prime ?

If Opress is the best example then I refer you to their training session. And no Opress's training hardly had any impact on his performance according to Filoni. The vast majority of his power was from the Nightsister Magic, and his own Tribal training. 2 Things he already had when training with Dooku.

It was more than a one-hit tbh,

It happened twice? Where?

Dooku knowingly escaped from Savage's blows there. Just watch it and you can see it.

Again people on these boards are completely underestimating the disadvantages of being outnumbered, and the impact a closed environment can have compared to a more open one.

Opress has Immense strength, but his strength is miles more effective when backed up by another skilled opponent.

Dooku was using Opress's disadvanatges against him. His disadvaantges of being much less mobile, slower and yes his vulnerability to Lightning. But Dooku had got into Blade Locks with many Tremedously Strong opponents, Physical and Force Enhanced, like Skywalker, Windu and even Yoda.

And Opress's strength has floored and disarmed many opponents, including Kenobi and Ventress. So let's not be silly pretending he floored Dooku (while Dooku was evading 2 opponents no less, and still only got floored when he hit the wall) because of some inherent weakness Dooku has.

So this apparent Major Weakness to "kinetic energy" has been greatly exaggerated and blown completely out of proportion by yourself and others.

You want to argue Maul's Martial Prowess could prove lethal to Dooku, then yeah I'll back you. But I can't back you on this "Kinetic Power" weakness thing, because it's an inherently silly concept for the Ultimate fencing form to be that useless against anyone with Strong blows.

S_W_LeGenD
Count Dooku perhaps.

Lord Stark
Dooku absolutely slaughters. If Maul tries and tanks his lightning as he did against the nightsisters he gets pwned. TK is firmly in the Count's favor. Sabers is the only chance he has and even that is likely a solid 9-10/10 for the Count imo.

carthage
erm

ILS
Originally posted by carthage
erm Yeah.....

Angelalex242
Dooku. There's a reason Sidious replaced option B with option A.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Dooku. There's a reason Sidious replaced option B with option A.

Yeah which had nothing to do with Maul being sliced in 2 right?

Lord Stark
Originally posted by carthage
erm

Maul's feats in TPM are pretty shameful. The idea of Dooku getting his weapon cut in half by some two-bit Padawan is laughable at best. He has no TK feats of note, impressive dueling skills, but nothing on Dooku's level, and likely less lightning resistance than TCWs Maul.

ILS
Comfortably outfighting one of the most skillful Jedi duelists in history, along with his padawan who was good enough to challenge him at that time, is shameful? laughing out loud

Maul having his saberstaff cut in half is both due to Kenobi's own skill, a Force Rage amplification, and the inherent weakness of using a double-hilted Saberstaff. Claiming that Maul's skill is to be scrutinized because of this is laughable.

His TK isn't spectacular, no, but his durability is enough to bare the brunt of most of Dooku's telekinetic assaults, and Dooku is primarily a duelist in any case. Also, Maul has plenty of TK feats "of note", you're just not knowledgeable on Maul and thus decided to speak out of ignorance roll eyes (sarcastic)

TCW Maul has metal legs which conduct lightning.......

Revanchiste

It was more than a one-hit tbh, Dooku knowingly escaped from Savage's blows there. Just watch it and you can see it.

2S2bY8JY5Fk

Yhea that'z what I waz talking about... Dodging/avoid Makazhi capacity...

But Oprezz iz not a beazt of precizion.... Maul will have more accuracy than him...

Bigblue442
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Maul's feats in TPM are pretty shameful. The idea of Dooku getting his weapon cut in half by some two-bit Padawan is laughable at best. He has no TK feats of note, impressive dueling skills, but nothing on Dooku's level, and likely less lightning resistance than TCWs Maul.

Obi-wan was no two-bit Padawan - he was nearly a Knight.

A "two-bit" Padawan would be something more on the order of ESB Luke.

Agreed on the other points, though.

Marco1907
''two-bit padawan'' lol.

Dooku's own words ; ''Qui-Gon always spoke very highly of you. I wish he were still alive. I could use his help right now.''

By TPM, Kenobi was ready.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWars-EpisodeI-ThePhantomMenace-069_zps7d9f3cf2.jpg

''Obi-Wan is ready.'' Ready for what ? Being a two-bit padawan or a jedi knight ?

But some ignorant guys like Lord Stark posting about SW without knowing these things ... *sigh this gives me a headache...

And I don't even know what means that cutting his lightsaber in two, did it give any advantage to TPM Kenobi ? Not even a bit. TPM Maul was just as good as with one saber. And not to mention cutting a long hilted dual saber and a regular saber is completely different things, Qui-Gon could cut Maul's long hilted saber if he would wanted, but that wouldn't change the outcome.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by ILS
Comfortably outfighting one of the most skillful Jedi duelists in history, along with his padawan who was good enough to challenge him at that time, is shameful? laughing out loud

Lol Qui-Gon isn't even top 10 of the PT. Sure he's one of the most skilled duelists, but so's Agen Kolar, and Dooku would absolutely take him to the curb.

Great. I repeat, give Dooku a saber staff and I guarantee he'd whoop Padawan Kenobi's arse.

I highly doubt it. Dooku could rather easily choke him out, electrocute him to death. Or just pull him into his lightsaber as he did Tiplee.

Yeah I don't think that's the only reason mate.

''two-bit padawan'' lol.

Dooku's own words ; ''Qui-Gon always spoke very highly of you. I wish he were still alive. I could use his help right now.''

By TPM, Kenobi was ready.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWars-EpisodeI-ThePhantomMenace-069_zps7d9f3cf2.jpg

''Obi-Wan is ready.'' Ready for what ? Being a two-bit padawan or a jedi knight ?

But some ignorant guys like Lord Stark posting about SW without knowing these things ... *sigh this gives me a headache...

And I don't even know what means that cutting his lightsaber in two, did it give any advantage to TPM Kenobi ? Not even a bit. TPM Maul was just as good as with one saber. And not to mention cutting a long hilted dual saber and a regular saber is completely different things, Qui-Gon could cut Maul's long hilted saber if he would wanted, but that wouldn't change the outcome.

"Master Kenobi, you disappoint me...surely you can do better." Yeah, two-bit in comparison to Dooku.

ILS
Where you rank him as a PT Jedi is utterly irrelevant.

Dooku wouldn't take Agen Kolar to the curb in a duel, lol. Kolar was regarded as one of the most skilled Jedi or his era, and curbstomped Vos.
I mean, that's nice, but it's getting away from the point entirely, like most of your comments.
Questionable, Maul's Force power was pretty reserved around the TPM era. Nearly collapsing a barracks with a Force scream at the age of 15, during a time where Maul was progressively getting more powerful, to me, suggests Dooku couldn't just ragdoll him. Even then Maul's fast, strong and skilled enough to pressure Dooku into a duel instead of just being ragdolled every time out of 10.
Kay bro lol.

DARTH POWER
Lol Qui-Gon isn't even top 10 of the PT. Sure he's one of the most skilled duelists, but so's Agen Kolar, and Dooku would absolutely take him to the curb.

Given that Dooku trained Qui-Gon, gave him many duelling sessions and clearly had a high opinion of him, I think lowballing Qui-Gon is in effect a dig towards Dooku.

I'd personally put Qui-Gon on par with Dooku's other apprentices like Ventress or Opress. He was a ridiculously Strong and Skilled swordsman.

All that being said Dooku trashes TPM Maul. He's a superior fencer and miles more powerful in the Force.

Lord Stark
Given that Dooku trained Qui-Gon, gave him many duelling sessions and clearly had a high opinion of him, I think lowballing Qui-Gon is in effect a dig towards Dooku.

I'd personally put Qui-Gon on par with Dooku's other apprentices like Ventress or Opress. He was a ridiculously Strong and Skilled swordsman.

I'd put him slightly below prime Ventress and Opress. I'd put him above Agen and the B-team though (Fisto's the only arguable one there). I think Dooku respected Qui-Gon's opinions and wisdom more than his swordmanship. Dooku looks down on all Ataru users going so far as to calling the flips and spins in it 'ridiculous'.

thumb up

DARTH POWER
I'd put him slightly below prime Ventress and Opress. I'd put him above Agen and the B-team though (Fisto's the only arguable one there). I think Dooku respected Qui-Gon's opinions and wisdom more than his swordmanship. Dooku looks down on all Ataru users going so far as to calling the flips and spins in it 'ridiculous'.

Funny thing is I don't remember Qui-Gon doing a Single flip or spin. So I never really understood how exactly he was supposed to be an Ataro user. His style seemed more like Djem So to me.

But being Dooku's apprentice and having sparred him a ridiculous number of times, he must have learned a lot about Sword Fighting from Dooku Imho.

Bigblue442
Funny thing is I don't remember Qui-Gon doing a Single flip or spin. So I never really understood how exactly he was supposed to be an Ataro user. His style seemed more like Djem So to me.

But being Dooku's apprentice and having sparred him a ridiculous number of times, he must have learned a lot about Sword Fighting from Dooku Imho.

Qui-Gon's personal-usage of Ataru would have changed with time.

Likely, his Ataru grew to have less spins and flips and became more grounded, due to his reliance on the Makashi techniques he absorbed.

Obi-wan, in contrast, is obviously more of a Purist.

Arhael
Count Dooku wins with moderate difficulty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.