Street Fighter 5

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Demonic Phoenix
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/49/1417783427-street-fighter-v.jpg

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--vNS8XSdM--/yhphfka7reqbfy8yswlr.gif

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--kyYX2jqK--/jswf3g60exfcqyzi1osc.gif

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--GpGjcjkH--/utjjxeys0rib6z1ilasn.gif

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--uUc3F8PI--/nfnm26vimgsbzinixgos.gif

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--1h5TrXmC--/s5c7ryq5hymamiayvvoy.gif

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--1aVuG5SM--/ha7lrzvibsfaks376f3q.gif

Can't find the teaser trailer.

EDIT: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2bts57_videogames

Quincy
Nah I'll just wait for Super Street Fighter V: Hyper Edition (Game of the Year Version)

Or one of the other 4 releases before that one

Impediment
Capcom pissed me off with the "real ending" DLC of Asura's Wrath, not to mention multiple versions of SFIV.

I'll wait.

Bentley
In before Capcom breaks exclusivity contract.

Tzeentch
It looks like Street Fighter 4.

They must be really hurtin' for money.

Smasandian
I can see it like this:

Sony: How about an exclusive?
Capcom: Sure, how about Street Fighter 4..... I mean Street Fighter 5?
Sony: Deal, here is millions of dollars.

I will be very surprised if this an exclusive for very long. I'm guessing 6 months or so.

Stoic
I honestly have no idea why they won't make an open world Street Fighter RPG game where you choose one of the many fighters, or create your own, and wander the world fighting, and learning moves to add to your arsenal. This is just another one of those, I beat the boss, and unlocked all of the characters, now what Games.

Lek Kuen
These games are about the competitive multiplayer. The game you propose would be a whole different genre, and while people may like it, it isn't what the fanbase Street Fighter caters to wants.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Stoic
I honestly have no idea why they won't make an open world Street Fighter RPG game where you choose one of the many fighters, or create your own, and wander the world fighting, and learning moves to add to your arsenal. This is just another one of those, I beat the boss, and unlocked all of the characters, now what Games. That game already exists.

It's called "Resident Evil after 3." thumb up

Stoic
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
These games are about the competitive multiplayer. The game you propose would be a whole different genre, and while people may like it, it isn't what the fanbase Street Fighter caters to wants.

In the US, this kind of game was a hit in an arcade setting, but now that the arcades are nearly extinct, this idea is as well. Well as far as I'm concerned. Besides why would it be so hard to make it an RPG, while also being able to choose multi-player for one on one battles? I mean Street Fighter has never evolved, and it's just the same game over, and over again with prettier graphics.

StyleTime
In the US, this kind of game was a hit in an arcade setting, but now that the arcades are nearly extinct, this idea is as well. Well as far as I'm concerned.
Online is the new arcade room. It's actually boosted tournament attendance for many games.

If you don't like fighting games, that's fine. Just saying, the scene is alive and well.

Kazenji
The teaser's already been taken down.

Zack Fair
Fun.

Yamcha
The SF series is easily my favorite fighting game franchise, I remember it being one of my first games on the Super Nintendo but I never really liked fighters back then cause the whole you beat the boss and it's over thing, that is until just a couple years ago I gave 4 a try and realized how much I actually enjoyed fighting games when I knew what I was doing, an understood the mechanics behind the moves. Seriously idk what it is but actually getting to play ONLINE, testing my skills against this mystery opponent who's somewhere striving to win just as much as me, an then that feeling if you capture the victory? Amazing.

Idk it really woke me up to how much I actually like fighters xD

Since then I've played a slew of them and like a couple others as well, but SF will always be my go to series if I want a fighter smile. WITH THAT BEING SAID, I hope this is AFTER 3, I'm curious how strong Ryu has become after his training with Oro.

Demonic Phoenix
Apparently Sony's involved in the development, and thus it will actually not be available on Microsoft's console.

Bentley
In the US, this kind of game was a hit in an arcade setting, but now that the arcades are nearly extinct, this idea is as well. Well as far as I'm concerned. Besides why would it be so hard to make it an RPG, while also being able to choose multi-player for one on one battles? I mean Street Fighter has never evolved, and it's just the same game over, and over again with prettier graphics.

The engine and the technical aspect of the game has changed quite a lot depending on the game. It has evolved fine, if you don't like it there are many different games, why bother with SF at all?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Apparently Sony's involved in the development, and thus it will actually not be available on Microsoft's console. OUCH.

Bentley
That's one average game the Xbone will be missing sad

Demonic Phoenix
Qf5RqPb8a5w

Guard Breaks, bounces, wall-breaks, different stances due to super bar (?). Wonder if anything new will be original.

I know Guard Breaks have appeared before in the main SF games, but the rest hasn't right?

Smasandian
I'm surprised that Sony had a hand in development.

It makes sense for Tomb Raiders to take the money from MS to get exclusive rights for a certain amount of time but this situation? Not sure what's going on.

Impediment
Minor graphical improvements aside, it still looks like SF IV.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Smasandian
I'm surprised that Sony had a hand in development.

It makes sense for Tomb Raiders to take the money from MS to get exclusive rights for a certain amount of time but this situation? Not sure what's going on.

Maybe they needed the help due to their money issues?

I mean, I read it on IGN I believe, but not sure if it's actually true.

Smasandian
Maybe but it would of been **** ton of money.

According to vgchartz, the PS3 version sold 4M copies while the 360 version sold 2.8 million copies. While the PS3 outsold the 360, that many copies is a lot to make up for.

This could be the case that Capcom is going to release a newer version on both consoles a year after SF5 gets released.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Impediment
, not to mention multiple versions of SFIV.

Yeah....because they didn't do that with Street Fighter 2.

Quincy
I honestly have no idea why they won't make an open world Street Fighter RPG game where you choose one of the many fighters, or create your own, and wander the world fighting, and learning moves to add to your arsenal. This is just another one of those, I beat the boss, and unlocked all of the characters, now what Games.

I think you just described the features of that new DBZ game.

Demonic Phoenix
s_1RA12QEc0

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Impediment
Minor graphical improvements aside, it still looks like SF IV.

Nemesis X
I will be flabbergasted should people still buy this even after the near endless stream of SFIV special editions.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I will be flabbergasted should people still buy this even after the near endless stream of SFIV special editions.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah....because they didn't do that with Street Fighter 2.

Nemesis X
Damn. It.

Demonic Phoenix
wzxeVaCobGk

Tzeentch
"Like Street Fighter 4, but with more DLC!"

"All the Street Fighter characters you know and love... for sale again!"

Demonic Phoenix
Couple of vids explaining the new mechanics.

oEQpgsXSoKo

-yfOGMBG22Q

BackFire
Will most likely buy this. Really had fun with SFIV, I'm fine with them not making any massive changes.

Zack Fair
I'm in.

Demonic Phoenix
8lwOe5y8gIk

That hair looks ridiculous. Outfit looks okay. Moveset looks hot.

Zack Fair
Moveset is awesome, and they finally revamped his playstyle.

Tzeentch
He looks like shit.

Zack Fair
Dem flames.

Zack Fair
http://www.destructoid.com/capcom-all-street-fighter-v-gameplay-dlc-can-be-unlocked-for-free-296267.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Great news: Street Fighter V DLC can be unlocked for free or you can pay to unlock them for free.

Kazenji
Too much like the Free to Play games.

Zack Fair
Too much like the Free to Play games. Still a lot better than being forced to buy the new updates/chars and splitting the community.

Kazenji
How is that any different to when they released Street Fighter 2?

Zack Fair
...wat

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Zack Fair
http://www.destructoid.com/capcom-all-street-fighter-v-gameplay-dlc-can-be-unlocked-for-free-296267.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Great news: Street Fighter V DLC can be unlocked for free or you can pay to unlock them for free. I realize now that last typo/wtf "free" could have caused confusion. I meant unlock them faster.

Kazenji
I know they're saying you get in game cash to unlock things or do it with real money

wouldn't it still be forcing the people to get the things?......like you got some things unlocked meanwhile another group has more things unlocked then you.

Zack Fair
...You want the game to remain stale? SF5 will have multiple iterations as they tune up the game play and roll out gameplay balance. Its an option. What is wrong about giving players the option to just get the shit for free? Even if it means playing 10,000 hours it is still much better than the approach they had with SF4 . And they said the gameplay balances/updates will be available to everyone. So apparently the content we can pay/game for will be stuff like characters and costumes.

Kazenji
This will be a better approach then what they had with SF4?....wtf

this is going backwards falling in line with what hot with alot of the Facebook & Mobile games in regards to getting alot of the characters and costumes.

Zack Fair
This will be a better approach then what they had with SF4?....wtf

this is going backwards falling in line with what hot with alot of the Facebook & Mobile games in regards to getting alot of the characters and costumes. Looks to me like you just want to complain for no reason.

This is way better than the SF4 approach because it does not force you to spend money to keep up with balance changes and even new chars. In SF4 you were completely locked out of the new balances and therefor the pool for people to play with got smaller and smaller the more updates came out. Not to mention we will get to unlock the new chars eventually.

I honestly don't understand you. DId you even play SF4 or any of the updates?

SMH.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah Kaz, wasn't expecting you of all people to complain about free content.

AsbestosFlaygon
Birdie's gonna be my main, Ryu as support.

Birdie's gotta lot of coverage. Range, armor, speed... I don't really see any major weakness. His chain throw attack can even be canceled or switched to aerial. The Super cancel to V-Trigger does insane damage. The only downside is the slow recovery time when he throws that soda can on the floor.

Ryu's the best striker in the game and has the highest damage output per hit. 3-4 strong hits take out almost half of your opponent's health. But his combos and juggling moves are still limited, basic, and easy to counter/parry.

Oh yeah, and I like how projectiles don't chip you to death anymore. About damn time.

Zack Fair
Vega was revealed. **** it! lol.

Demonic Phoenix
J3d6gs8Oc4Q

Also, Laura's hawt.

Demonic Phoenix
kr60NVYqH_A

RLAAMJR.
Alex is DLC character for SFV.

I want Ingrid.

http://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/system/images/photo_albums/sfv/large/ingrid.jpg

cdtm
Clever on the story mode dlc.

I can imagine some hotshot exec thought "Hmm, the hardcore tournament players always upgrade, but what about the casuals? What incentive do they have to trade up from IV?

They really seem to like movie cut scenes.. Yeah, that's the ticket. Bigger and better.then Injustice and Mortal Kombat combined!"

You think they would have done this if it was multiplat? I don't.

Yamcha
So is anyone else having trouble connecting to the server right now? I literally can't connect what so ever no expression.

Yamcha
Ugh NVM. http://i66.tinypic.com/2rz7wug.jpg

BackFire
I've been doing training mode a lot since online is dead right now.

Gotta say that what the devs have been saying about how the game is more accessible is definitely true. It's much easier to do basic combos in this game. Having a 3 frame buffer to do links vs 1 frame makes such a difference, it's much more forgiving.

I also really like the V trigger mechanic. Big improvement over the focus attack imo, in that each character's V trigger moves are unique to them.

Overall I'm liking what I'm seeing. Looking forward to playing online when they get their servers in order.

Shin Mars
Anyone looking forward to AE in the coming year? I plan on taking it to the barcade about 30 minutes from where I live.

dvampire
I think Ryu is the best character in the game, but Cammy is pretty fun to play with. Cammy is still safe to attack after fatal leg twister and cannon strike. I found her to be very good at pressuring her opponent.

cdtm
I prefer Ken.

dvampire
Cool, I think Ryu have an advantage, but Ken have moves to make him work.

Any fighting strategies on how you use Ken? I find his standing mk to be good grounded and it can prevent your opponent from jumping in on you depending on the timing. His overhead with hk have more range then ryu's overhead, despite its slow start up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.