Dual Citizenship

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
I just received my Belgian passport in the mail after completing an application process. Turns out I've always been a Belgian citizen from my mother's side, but had never taken advantage of that fact until now.

Now I can go around Europe and live and work in most of the European Union with relatively little trouble.

Is there anyone else here who has dual citizenship? If so, with which nations?

Robtard
I tried. But America doesn't recognize my birth country for dual status

Bardock42
I'm both a citizen of the lovely country of Germany and the magnificent land of Germany.

Tzeentch
What filthy peasant-lands are you an immigrant from again, Rob?

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch
What filthy peasant-lands are you an immigrant from again, Rob?

UfuWvgaAjQQ

Tzeentch
Huh. Well done.

Robtard
Yeah, I'm pretty damn awesome. You'd never know it due to my modesty

riv6672
No, not a dual citizen.
Only recently got a passport, after retiring from the Army. I doubt i'll ever use it, but figured its good to have.

Omega Vision
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-PDq41ky9qrA/VIJwmDVaOfI/AAAAAAAAAQQ/gxUetruz0tg/w346-h461/2014-12-05.jpg

riv6672
What the-!

Omega Vision
Royal citizen ha-som

They asked me in my passport form if I had a noble title, and I almost put down 'Duc de Miami'

dadudemon
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I just received my Belgian passport in the mail after completing an application process. Turns out I've always been a Belgian citizen from my mother's side, but had never taken advantage of that fact until now.

Now I can go around Europe and live and work in most of the European Union with relatively little trouble.

Is there anyone else here who has dual citizenship? If so, with which nations?

That's pretty dang cool. I have a Belgian friend from an online game I used to play. I have been meaning to visit him...but I never make the time or money.

Do you plan to live and work there?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by dadudemon
That's pretty dang cool. I have a Belgian friend from an online game I used to play. I have been meaning to visit him...but I never make the time or money.

Do you plan to live and work there?
Not in the near future, but I have a lot of family in Belgium from my mom's side.

Long term, I might want to try teaching English in Belgium or Germany, and having an EU passport will make that much, much easier.

Nuke Nixon
I'm illegal alien, my planet blew up and I'm just chilling out here until some things are taken care of.

riv6672
Royal citizen ha-som

They asked me in my passport form if I had a noble title, and I almost put down 'Duc de Miami'
LOL! Too sweet!

AsbestosFlaygon
Filipino-American here.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Filipino-American here.
That sounds like a good option in the case of serious legal proceedings. shifty

AsbestosFlaygon
That sounds like a good option in the case of serious legal proceedings. shifty
shifty

I was born in the US. Both of my parents are Filipinos.

So how'd you get your Belgian citizenship? Were you born in Belgium, or is it automatically attained if one of your parents is Belgian?

riv6672
Yeah, how's that work?

Robtard
Some countries grant you citizenship if one (usually mother) of your parents was born there. You just have to file the paperwork and pay any fees.

riv6672
Well thats pretty neat.
I've known a few people who arent technically US citizens because one of their parents was in the Army, they were stationed outside the US and born in a civillian hospital, not on post.

Oneness

Is there anyone else here who has dual citizenship? If so, with which nations? I do!

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Oneness
I do!
Which countries?

Originally posted by riv6672
Well thats pretty neat.
I've known a few people who arent technically US citizens because one of their parents was in the Army, they were stationed outside the US and born in a civillian hospital, not on post.
As long as one parent is in the military, they should still be citizens, because my older brother was in that situation, born while my parents were stationed in Heraklion by Athens in a civilian hospital, so he was American, Belgian, and Greek (triple citizenship). I think he renounced the other two when he joined the air force.

AsbestosFlaygon

As long as one parent is in the military, they should still be citizens, because my older brother was in that situation, born while my parents were stationed in Heraklion by Athens in a civilian hospital, so he was American, Belgian, and Greek (triple citizenship). I think he renounced the other two when he joined the air force.
Whoa! Triple citizenship. That's cool.

The only celebrity I know who has one is Joakim Noah (American, Swedish, French).

riv6672
Triple citizenship, huh? I stand corrected. Thats pretty damn cool!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.