- Magneto -

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
In your own opinion.. Is Magneto a classic Marvel villain or a more good guy than villain?

No middle.. You pick, is he good side or bad side? which one ?

Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..
Dcnu..

Cls.Magneto

Vs

Batman
Cyborg
Hawkman

Digi
I like that there hasn't been a swift reversion for him. Though the fact that they seem to have recently switched he and Charles philosophically suggests that, eventually, he may return to form.

There's a lot of bad sh*t on his ledger, for which he felt little or no remorse. So he's a villain. An incredibly complex villain, sure, and it's probably wrong to use such polarizing terms. But the OP set up a dichotomy with little room for nuance, so my hands are tied.

thingy150
Is there really that much of a difference(in classic mag) to make this fight not a stomp in mags favor.

What counts as classic magneto anyway?

riv6672
He's a noble villain. But still a villain.

In the fight, he'd win under no prep/BFR rules.

Supermex
Classic Magneto is full powered Mags.

Current Magneto is depowered Mags, unless that has changed.

thingy150
Originally posted by Supermex
Classic Magneto is full powered Mags.

Current Magneto is depowered Mags, unless that has changed.

I am pretty sure i saw somewhere he got his powers back...

This is a stomp in the favor of magneto, he will destroy team 1, hawkman has metal all over his body, cyborgs tech may be made of metal but even if not he uses hawkmans nth metal to kill everyone. Batman, cyborg and hawkman are useless in a fight against magneto, he is too powerful and he is given too many advantages by there gear(nth and possible metal from cyborgs tech)

Supermex
Originally posted by thingy150
I am pretty sure i saw somewhere he got his powers back...

This is a stomp in the favor of magneto, he will destroy team 1, hawkman has metal all over his body, cyborgs tech may be made of metal but even if not he uses hawkmans nth metal to kill everyone. Batman, cyborg and hawkman are useless in a fight against magneto, he is too powerful and he is given too many advantages by there gear(nth and possible metal from cyborgs tech)

As for my question about Mags, is he a villain or a good guy?

thingy150
Originally posted by Supermex
As for my question about Mags, is he a villain or a good guy?

Depends on how you look at him, he is a killer but he does so for the better of his persecuted race. Most of the time he is just trying to make sure that what happened to jewish people(holocaust) does not happen to mutants. He is in my opinion more of an anti hero because his motivations are purely to better the fate of his race which has been persecuted and been the victim of hate crimes and prejudice since it has been discovered. I think his newest book has done a good job of showing he walks a line between both good and evil, he did not kill civilians or innocent people multiple times in the book, he only killed people who had it out for the mutant race. This is a tricky question and depending upon how you look at him and what he has done and what has been done to him, your answer could differ. In some peoples eyes he is a villain and in others(mine) he is a hero or in my eyes anti hero.

Magneto is my favorite marvel character btw. Older depictions seem to make him out to be evil but that has changed and his motivations have been cleared up..

krisblaze
He supported the genocide of humanity, so he definitely falls into the traditional category of "villain".

thingy150
Originally posted by krisblaze
He supported the genocide of humanity, so he definitely falls into the traditional category of "villain".

His motivations are still for the better of his race. Magneto is not the traditional anything.

thingy150
Depends on what arc tho, he has been written as both and atm he is an anti hero.

krisblaze
His motivations are still for the better of his race. Magneto is not the traditional anything.

Killing another race for the betterment of your own is not original in any sense.

It's traditional because it's been the age-long tradition of most human civilizations and culture.

Stoic
Like Digi said, he's a complex villain but a villain all the same. Magneto is only incredibly dangerous if his environment works in his favor. Can Batman somehow come up with a way to get the win for his team? Sure, but I would say that on average, Magneto would be able to take them all down.

thingy150
Killing another race for the betterment of your own is not original in any sense.

It's traditional because it's been the age-long tradition of most human civilizations and culture.

I agree but i did not mean that what magneto did was not traditional, i mean that magneto himself is not traditional. Mags has been written as both good and evil like i said in my last post, currently he is an anti hero.

krisblaze
I agree but i did not mean that what magneto did was not traditional, i mean that magneto himself is not traditional. Mags has been written as both good and evil like i said in my last post, currently he is an anti hero.
Bald old man going on a revenge-spree where he kicks ass, takes no names and tries to redeem himself is NOT original.

It's a great read but there is absolutely nothing groundbreaking about Magneto's new series.

thingy150
Originally posted by Stoic
Like Digi said, he's a complex villain but a villain all the same. Magneto is only incredibly dangerous if his environment works in his favor. Can Batman somehow come up with a way to get the win for his team? Sure, but I would say that on average, Magneto would be able to take them all down.

Bats would be taken out too quickly, he does not have regular equipment to deal with a threat like magneto, if he had prep i assume he could do what doom does(reverse magnetos magnetism) but he does not have prep and he has zero knowledge on mags.

magneto 10/10

thingy150
Bald old man going on a revenge-spree where he kicks ass, takes no names and tries to redeem himself is NOT original.

It's a great read but there is absolutely nothing groundbreaking about Magneto's new series.

Lol i am not talking about his series being original i am merely saying magneto is original himself, you are taking my post too seriously i was joking about him being completely original(nothing is completely original)

krisblaze
Lol i am not talking about his series being original i am merely saying magneto is original himself, you are taking my post too seriously i was joking about him being completely original(nothing is completely original)

I suppose "original" is a word that's somewhat lost its meaning.

I agree that Magneto is relative to a lot of other Marvel character, though that statement might also not mean much, haha.

shadowknight
Cowboys & th US calvary massacre indians by the 10's of thousand if not hundred. They sometimes did it to stop Indians from killing travelers, farmers and settlers. Did all Indians do it, no but they paid the price nevertheless. In a like manner Magneto is protecting his race from people trying to kill it, eventhough most human don't kill mutants for the most part it doesn't seem to bother them either when 1 gets killed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.