ROTJ Vader vs Prime Revan TK Battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sinious
Both characters are exceptionally gifted with telekinesis.

Who will prevail and who will get ragdolled?

DarthAnt66
Revan

Sinious
No one else?

S_W_LeGenD
Based on latest disclosure, Revan would prevail.

Marco1907
Revan, unfortunately.

And RotJ Vader didn't become stronger in the force, more skilled maybe. He had already become a TK beast right after his suit.

Sinious
Its both characters in their peaks so ROTJ fits.

Stigma
Can anyone list Revan's major TK feats?

Marco1907
Originally posted by Stigma

Without game mechanics, collapsing a building I guess, according to Darthant's respect thread.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Stigma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAaE7sJahiw&t=1m26s

Here you go: Revan's Best Telekinesis Feats. Here is his best though:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_medium/11114/111140132/4255498-revan+tk.gif

Revanchiste

Revanchiste
Darth Ant that'z not the bezt one.....

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Marco1907
Without game mechanics, collapsing a building I guess, according to Darthant's respect thread.

Karpyshyn said he could theoretically collapse a building as/of the Revan novel, yeah.

S_W_LeGenD
Not just a building, a skyscraper.

NewGuy01
No, buddy. A building.

"And, if the situation was right he might be able to collapse a building; it would really depend on his state of mind and the circumstances."

-Drew Karpyshyn

Marco1907
lol@ Skyscraper

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by NewGuy01
No, buddy. A building.
I am the person who originally had a conversation with Mr. Drew about this matter and I mentioned a large building in my query, if I recall correctly. The author understood what I am asking and responded in kind.

If this is not good enough, I can ask him again.

S_W_LeGenD
Collapsing a building requires destruction of its foundations. Height doesn't matters if the foundation crumbles.

Marco1907
Skyscraper shouldn't even count as a building. A castle or a palace maybe.

DarthAnt66
https://www.google.com/search?q=large+building&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=955&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=sG2DVO7_CrSOsQSswIDoCg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

S_W_LeGenD
Skyscraper is a large building.

Marco1907
le sigh*

Good thing he didn't say ''large'' there...

WildBantha88
Vader. He clears entire hangers of enemies with a casual force wave

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Vader. He clears entire hangers of enemies with a casual force wave
And these enemies are?

Trocity
Maybe Revan.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
And these enemies are?
Stormtroopers. laughing out loud

Marco1907
He clears entire hangers of enemies with a casual force wave

Hmm... Like Maul or Savage ?

NewGuy01
Vader does alone what Maul and Savage do together, better than they do it. stick out tongue

Marco1907
Vader does alone what Maul and Savage do together, better than they do it. stick out tongue

They did that front of two Jedi master, with breaking their force shield. So... And I am not talking about one specific occasion either.

The_Tempest
Vader's got better feats, but I like to think Revan is more powerful, however slight.

ILS
le sigh* Dats my thing

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Vader's got better feats, but I like to think Revan is more powerful, however slight.
Revan's feat of ragdolling Satele Shan and company is superior to any feat of Vader in combative situation, and by a big margin.

The_Tempest
Revan's feat of ragdolling Satele Shan and co. is superior to any feat of Vader.

Hardly. Now, had he effortlessly pinned them a la Sidious/Maul/Savage, that'd be one thing. But Vader's got Revan beat by feats, not to mention going toe-to-toe with Starkiller and his clone, who arguably have the best TK feats in the mythos.

WildBantha88
Plus Revans new feat is kind of far outside of what the character has been shown being able to do. It likely he was amped

Sinious

This seems reasonable.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Sinious
This seems reasonable.

Naturally. It is me, after all.

Or if not more powerful than Vader in the strictest sense, certainly the more effective warrior.

S_W_LeGenD
Hardly. Now, had he effortlessly pinned them a la Sidious/Maul/Savage, that'd be one thing. But Vader's got Revan beat by feats, not to mention going toe-to-toe with Starkiller and his clone, who arguably have the best TK feats in the mythos.
Watch this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/4255510-revan+tk+insane.gif

This is effortless rag-dolling of some of the most powerful Force-users of the mythos.

And I am surprised that you lump Satele Shan with the likes of Darth Maul and Opress Savage, she is considerably better then both.

Vader no longer outclasses Revan in feats. In-fact, I recall Starkiller rag-dolling Vader around after injuring him by throwing an explosive towards him. Starkiller's feat of manipulating the movement of an already falling Imperial Star Destroyer remains unparalleled because no one else even bothered to attempt such a thing in galactic history with exception of Tulak Hord. The latter pulled down a large starship from space into the ground with his raw power according to Khem Val.

S_W_LeGenD
Plus Revans new feat is kind of far outside of what the character has been shown being able to do. It likely he was amped
Hardly.

Revan's quick dismissal of Darth Nyriss is another feat which revealed the true extent of his insane power.

Sinious
Naturally. It is me, after all.

Or if not more powerful than Vader in the strictest sense, certainly the more effective warrior.

Regarding the feats, Revan kinda reached Vader with the expansion don't you think?

The_Tempest
Watch this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/4255510-revan+tk+insane.gif

This is effortless rag-dolling of some of the most powerful Force-users of the mythos.

I've already explained this to Ant: that's an in-game mechanic and, unless it's in a cutscene, it's never been considered valid. I'd probably even be open to a quicktime event. But gameplay isn't valid.

And I am surprised that you lump Satele Shan with the likes of Darth Maul and Opress Savage, she is considerably better then both.

She's... really not.

Vader no longer outclasses Revan in feats. In-fact, I recall Starkiller rag-dolling Vader around after injuring him by throwing an explosive towards him.

Sure. After a lengthy duel of attrition in which Vader was exhausted and overwhelmed.

Starkiller's feat of manipulating the movement of an already falling Imperial Star Destroyer remains unparalleled because no one else even bothered to attempt such a thing in galactic history with exception of Tulak Hord.

Proof that no one but Hord and Starkiller attempted it?

The latter pulled down a starship from space into the ground with his raw power according to Khem Val.

And when Khem Val can show me a cutscene of it happening, I'll believe it. 'Til then, I don't.

Besides which, that's not even close to Starkiller's best feat.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Sinious
Regarding the feats, Revan kinda reached Vader with the expansion don't you think?

As an overall combatant? He's definitely on par at least. As a telekinetic? No, Vader still has him on feats.

DarthAnt66
The_Tempest ignoring The Old Republic because he doesn't want to admit Vitiate can ragdoll Sidious and Yoda simultaneously.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The_Tempest ignoring The Old Republic because he doesn't want to admit Vitiate can ragdoll Sidious and Yoda simultaneously.

http://www.troll.me/images/grinning-emperor-palpatine/u-mad.jpg

DarthAnt66
I never realized "http://www.troll.me" was a website. Lmfao. laughing out loud

S_W_LeGenD
I've already explained this to Ant: that's an in-game mechanic and, unless it's in a cutscene, it's never been considered valid. I'd probably even be open to a quicktime event. But gameplay isn't valid.
I haven't played this expansion yet so I will leave this matter to DarthAnt66. However, I do understand from experience that some actions during the fights in SWTOR are scripted and they don't necessarily happen in cut-scenes like in KoTOR I.

SWTOR is different in its presentation of scripted events then KoTOR I. This can confuse some people.

She's... really not.
She is.

Here are some of her feats:-

- Unleashed an esoteric power which simultaneously launched 3 Sith warriors up in the air and eliminated them.

- Held Darth Malgus at bay with one hand and used the other to pull down a gigantic tree even though she was under pressure from the powerful Sith Lord. Trees of that size weigh hundred tons or more.

- Absorbed lightsaber blade with bare hands and then proceeded to dominate Darth Malgus with her powers with which she also disintegrated an enormous rocky formation as a side effect.

- Disintegrated a blastdoor with a simple touch.

- Blew apart a dozen hex droids with a single gesture, these droids are tougher then most in the mythos.

And officially stated to have prodigious powers.

Satele Shan is definitely superior to Darth Maul and Opress Savage.

Sure. After a lengthy duel of attrition in which Vader was exhausted and overwhelmed.
So how exactly is Vader better then Revan when the latter have actual history of dominating powerful adversaries/prodigies?

Proof that no one but Hord and Starkiller attempted it?
You provide an example.

And when Khem Val can show me a cutscene of it happening, I'll believe it. 'Til then, I don't.
Ask BioWare.

But this is the best hint we have so far.

Besides which, that's not even close to Starkiller's best feat.
Starkiller didn't bring down the Star Destroyer with his power, he just titled it to some extent to shift its direction. The starship was falling on its own.

DarthAnt66
Temp also busted on your mom tbh.
Originally posted by Because Of You
Hopefully you didn't go in from behind, I hear that's a very painful experience for sensitive men tbh.
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/zehSKo5CJWY/hqdefault.jpg

S_W_LeGenD
As an overall combatant? He's definitely on par at least. As a telekinetic? No, Vader still has him on feats.
On par? Revan will destroy Vader.

Show me an example of Vader quickly overwhelming a Force prodigy.

Sinious

I meant in TK. Overall like you, I've always considered them as equals. However, with the expansion I think a replacement is necessary.

DarthAnt66
Intrepid just crushed Tempest so hard I doubt this from can ever recover.

|King Joker|
Oh, no.

The_Tempest
I haven't played this expansion yet so I will leave this matter to DarthAnt66. However, I do understand from experience that some actions during the fights in SWTOR are scripted and they don't necessarily happen in cut-scenes like in KoTOR I.

SWTOR is different in its presentation of scripted events then KoTOR I. This can confuse some people.

That's all fine and dandy, but it's still gameplay and it still doesn't count. That's been a universal rule here and elsewhere for the better part of a decade and we don't make grand exceptions to accommodate Ant's boytoy. erm

She is.

Here are some of her feats:-

- Unleashed an esoteric power which simultaneously launched 3 Sith warriors up in the air and eliminated them.
- Held Darth Malgus at bay with one hand and used the other to pull down a gigantic tree even though she was under pressure from the powerful Sith Lord.
- Absorbed lightsaber blade with bare hands and then proceeded to dominate Darth Malgus with her powers with which she also disintegrated an enormous rocky formation.
- Disintegrated a reinforced or blastdoor with a simple touch.
- Blew apart multiple droids that were tougher then most in the mythos with a simple gesture.

Officially stated to have prodigious powers.

Satele Shan is definitely superior to Darth Maul and Opress Savage.

She's definitely not. Between them, they have better feats and accolades.

So how exactly is Vader better then Revan who have history of dominating powerful adversaries without breaking a sweat?

Vader's TK feats are better.

You provide an example.

I... don't have to? You were the one who made a definitive claim: no one other than Tulak Hord and Starkiller has ever attempted to pull down a Star Destroyer. Not only is that an exceptionally dumb argument to make because you can't possibly prove it, it's also irrelevant. Might as well say that Vitiate definitely can't be stronger than Yoda because Yoda never tried to nom nom the galaxy.

Ask BioWare.

But this is the best hint we have so far.

And when there's more to it than mere hinting, I'll put stock in it. thumb up

Starkiller didn't bring down the Star Destroyer with his power, he just titled it to some extent to shift its direction. The starship was falling on its own.

As I said, it's not even his best feat.

DarthAnt66
Nah. Since the emergence of me and Nephthys on these boards, along with the demise of the old timer members, rules have changed. I run these boards now. smokin'

Nephthys
Vader no longer outclasses Revan in feats. In-fact, I recall Starkiller rag-dolling Vader around after injuring him by throwing an explosive towards him. Starkiller's feat of manipulating the movement of an already falling Imperial Star Destroyer remains unparalleled because no one else even bothered to attempt such a thing in galactic history with exception of Tulak Hord. The latter pulled down a large starship from space into the ground with his raw power according to Khem Val.

Nihilus

DarthAnt66
Revan>Nihilus according to narrator.

SIDIOUS 66
Lol

Vader, without a doubt.

S_W_LeGenD
That's all fine and dandy, but it's still gameplay and it still doesn't count. That's been a universal rule here and elsewhere for the better part of a decade and we don't make grand exceptions to accommodate Ant's boytoy. erm
In SWTOR, scripted events are authentic actions and will occur every time during a play-through, they are scripted for a reason and cannot be ignored for consideration. In this manner, BioWare confirms a talent or demonstration of power of a character in SWTOR.

As an example: During confrontation with Revan on The Foundry, Revan always conjures up a protection bubble to protect himself from external attacks before teleporting himself to another location/region, ending the battle in a draw. Revan always conjures up the protection bubble in scripted manner during the play-through before teleporting himself so this development is authentic and cannot be ignored.

She's definitely not. Between them, they have better feats and accolades.
Such as?

Vader's TK feats are better.
Revan have rag-dolled entire Strike Team of powerful Force-users. Show me a comparable example from Vader.

I... don't have to? You were the one who made a definitive claim: no one other than Tulak Hord and Starkiller has ever attempted to pull down a Star Destroyer. Not only is that an exceptionally dumb argument to make because you can't possibly prove it, it's also irrelevant. Might as well say that Vitiate definitely can't be stronger than Yoda because Yoda never tried to nom nom the galaxy.
You claimed that Starkiller have best feats in the mythos. These are once again?

And when there's more to it than mere hinting, I'll put stock in it. thumb up
It is not ignorable.

We also have example of Darth Nihilus. What you have to say about his power?

As I said, it's not even his best feat.
So what is his best feat?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Lol

Vader, without a doubt.
Vader Revan, without a doubt. Yes.

NewGuy01
Revan>Nihilus according to narrator.

Agreed, but what narrator are you referring to?

NewGuy01
Blowing up the Salvation.

S_W_LeGenD
Blowing up the Salvation.
It is an unconfirmed event.

NewGuy01
It is an unconfirmed event.

It's in the novel and in the comic, so yeah, confirmed.

SIDIOUS 66
Nargarath said Vader may have killed a group of jedi with a force push. Does anyone have the source?

S_W_LeGenD
It's in the novel and in the comic, so yeah, confirmed.
In the comic, Starkiller overloaded an ore canon on the ground that actually split a falling starship in to two.

In the novel, Salvation starship was badly damaged in a space battle. However, Starkiller piloted the starship down towards the planet with such a speed that it began to disintegrate during its descend from the immense pressure until only the fore section of the starship remained containing Starkiller which he blew apart with his raw power before it would hit the area where Juno was present. Very impressive, but too vague to evaluate from the description in the novel.

carthage
Vader

NewGuy01
In the comic, Starkiller overloaded an ore canon on the ground that actually split a falling starship in to two.

Pretty sure you're thinking about the game, bro. The same thing happens in the comic as the novel.

Marco1907
Pretty sure you're thinking about the game, bro. The same thing happens in the comic as the novel.

Are you sure about comic ? I don't remember that.

Not to mention, TFU is overrated the Force usage as well, I don't take that game seriously.

Revanchiste

NewGuy01
Are you sure about comic ? I don't remember that.

I recently took a look through the comic and saw it, I may have misinterpreted, but I don't think so. I don't own it right now though, so I can't prove it.

Arhael
No, buddy. A building.

"And, if the situation was right he might be able to collapse a building; it would really depend on his state of mind and the circumstances."

-Drew Karpyshyn
Anyting that requires right circumstances and state of mind means that the character generally is no capable of dong it.

DarthAnt66
State of mind meaning Revan might not want to destroy a building, not that he has to be in his mental best to do it. erm

Nephthys
Karpyshan in general is all about circumstances and mindset.

Stigma
EDIT

nevermind

DarthAnt66
thumb up When you ask him who wins between character A or B, regardless on who it is, he will say it depends on circumstances and mindset.

NewGuy01
That's because it's true.

Stigma
I'm leaning towards Vader in this fight.

Revanchiste
State of mind meaning Revan might not want to destroy a building, not that he has to be in his mental best to do it. erm

If he need he will reach thiz mental mind..... In the foundry Revan manupulating the azteroidz !! In the cinematic that waz actually him.. ANd he alreayd have hiz firzt teleportation feat but that waz with force zpead.... Turning around uzing iz precognition to zee a oppening wait the foe attack and telleport back behind him with force zpeed... He don't doe often but he doez...

Why Revan need the TK to force a zkyczraper to collapze?? He have a fleet to doe thiz !!!
Peharpz when he ztill waz in the quezt for the ztar forge.... He uzed thiz abilitiez..

And we are with Darth revan here.. That'z mean than mentaly he zurely can...

I love zo much thiz abilty it zummary zo much Revan potential, he have many abilitiez and power but he don't have the volounty (= the need) to do it....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.