Female characters Vs current Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Looking for one female character (high herald and below only) that can beat Thanos (with no amps)one on one.

Marvel:
Classic un amped versions only

DCnu:
Current un amped versions only

All fights would be no prep no BFR.

thingy150
squirrel girl

Stoic
Originally posted by riv6672
Looking for one female character (high herald and below only) that can beat Thanos (with no amps)one on one.

Marvel:

DCnu:

You aren't going to find one. I can give you a list, but they wouldn't beat him.

Wonder Woman, Angela, Super girl, Power Girl, Susan Richards, Nova (Frankie Raye), Miss Martian, Meggan, Female Power Ring users (Insert Name here), Lady Quark, Thor (female) Strontian, Caiera (deceased), Red She Hulk (deactivated), Ultron (Janet Pym), Spectrum, Captain Marvel, Mary Marvel, Donna Troy, Terraxia (Female Thanos), Kismet, Power Princess (Zarda), Scarlett Witch, Alkhema (Ultron), Lady Supreme.

There are more, but good luck finding one that can beat Thanos.

thingy150
I already named someone who has beaten him sooooooooo

Stoic
Looking for one female character (high herald and below only)

riv6672
Originally posted by Stoic
You aren't going to find one. I can give you a list, but they wouldn't beat him.

Wonder Woman, Angela, Super girl, Power Girl, Susan Richards, Nova (Frankie Raye), Miss Martian, Meggan, Female Power Ring users (Insert Name here), Lady Quark, Thor (female) Strontian, Caiera (deceased), Red She Hulk (deactivated), Ultron (Janet Pym), Spectrum, Captain Marvel, Mary Marvel, Donna Troy, Terraxia (Female Thanos), Kismet, Power Princess (Zarda), Scarlett Witch, Alkhema (Ultron), Lady Supreme.

There are more, but good luck finding one that can beat Thanos.
No worries, i couldnt think of anyone either, which is why i asked.
Appreciate the post, though. Thanks!

DarkSaint85

Marvel:

DCnu:

I can't think of one either. He doesn't really have an exploitable weakness, and the no prep no BFR rule really hurts their chances. With prep, perhaps Rose Tattoo, assuming you buy into the hype.

Stoic
No worries, i couldnt think of anyone either, which is why i asked.
Appreciate the post, though. Thanks!

Yeah I tried, but you have to realize the full magnitude of Thanos as a character. He took heat from Odin, and Odin was casually tossing around power that one shot kayoed the Surfer. Anyone can knock Thanos down but the problem is keeping him down. I could have added Sersi, Clea, and a slew of others but I don't believe that you will find a Herald level being that would be able to take down Thanos. He's High Trans tier, which is one step down from full blown Sky Father.

riv6672
Again, i have to agree. Just wanted to tap the brain trust!

Q99

Any reason female character only?

And frankly, any High Herald is going to be at a major disadvantage against him. He's above that level by a good margin.

Hm... actually, think I got one, maybe. EXiles Blink. She's used her teleport-crystals to redirect energy attacks of opponents into them before, so if Thanos's own power would do the job, that could hurt. Additionally, she once took out the freakin' Fury- the one who beat the Captain Britain Corps- by throwing every telecrystal she had into it and basically making it *gone*.

Oh, and depending on how one counts Black Alice, as she can yank power from some other being like the Spectre and temporarily become strong enough for the job. But that's an obvious cheat.

riv6672
Interesting theories Q99.
Thank you.

Females only because they dont get enough play on the site.

beatboks
there are only two I can think of that would give him a good fight

Talisman - Would need prep to build the spells but she has defeated beings at/above his level with plot on her side.

Inza Nelson/Dr Fate. Unlike her husband and others who bore the mantle of Fate she wasn't anywhere near trans tier. Her blasts for example were barely even felt by beings of power in power decline. She was however more creative with the power and could make a good fight.

That is literally it as far as I can think and both would require the plot HEAVILY in thier favor.

TheLordofMurder
Thanos is significantly beyond High Herald, so why cap the woman at this level?

No woman has a chance as per the rules in the OP...

basilisk
I would think by definition no high herald or below is likely to defeat Thanos outright.

Squirrel Girl is the obvious choice mentioned above, because she already beat him, but she is a special case character defies classification.

krisblaze
Well, Rose Tattoo can kill him.

Wonder Woman with the right equipment could kill him.

Talisman could probably summon something to kill him.

Skreet? Haha, maybe not.

Maybe Raven could do some soul-shenanigans, though I doubt it.

Q99
Originally posted by krisblaze
Well, Rose Tattoo can kill him.

Wonder Woman with the right equipment could kill him.

Though, isn't Wonder Woman with said equipment usually considered above High Herald anyway?

krisblaze
Originally posted by Q99
Though, isn't Wonder Woman with said equipment usually considered above High Herald anyway?

Actually I just considered whether or not she could kill, not whether or not she could defeat him in combat.

She'd just need the sword and gloves imo.

riv6672
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
To make it more interesting/challenging...

Q99
Actually I just considered whether or not she could kill, not whether or not she could defeat him in combat.

She'd just need the sword and gloves imo.

Yea, but 'just' the sword and gloves puts her at 10x her normal strength and able to cut anything!

I think Gauntlet of Atlas on a physical herald equals Trans level.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by basilisk
I would think by definition no high herald or below is likely to defeat Thanos outright.

Squirrel Girl is the obvious choice mentioned above, because she already beat him, but she is a special case character defies classification.

While its true that she beat him, I dont really consider that a real loss...

SG is a joke character in the same vein She-Hulk was when she had her own comic...both did things that are absolutely absurd...even by comic standards.

I think Thanos losing to SG was just the peeps at Marvel trolling Thanos and his fans...

krisblaze
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, but 'just' the sword and gloves puts her at 10x her normal strength and able to cut anything!

I think Gauntlet of Atlas on a physical herald equals Trans level.

Hmm, I somewhat disagree.

In example I don't think that Thor with 10x STR should make that much of a difference, since he already has more powerful weapon at his disposal. I generally think that you need something more than just a STR boost to start climbing ranks above herald.

Then again I think it might be because I've already more or less credited Wonder Woman with unlimited strength, like Thor or Supes or whatever. So in my mind the 10x doesn't really add anything to her.

For this thread I don't think it adds too much since it's not a lack of strength that causes her to lose to Thanos, but a lack of versatility/power output.

Q99
Hm, another possibility: Atom Girl of the Threeboot Legion

Remember how in JLA: Rock of Ages, the Atom took out Darkseid by flying into his brain then suiciding?

Yea, that kind of thing. Might end up as a draw, but a possibility. Atom Girl also has a pair of powerful pistols, which should help.

Then again I think it might be because I've already more or less credited Wonder Woman with unlimited strength, like Thor or Supes or whatever. So in my mind the 10x doesn't really add anything to her.

Eh, while effectively most herald levels have unlimited strength, when fighting *each other* multipliers matter. Like Kurse can beat down Thor thanks to being 4x as strong, and such.

Thanos is stronger than Wonder Woman, but weaker than 10x.

Oh, and I think it helps toughness too...

krisblaze
Your right, it's a different ballgame in 1v1.

I agree!

Editor girl might also do it.

beatboks
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

No woman has a chance as per the rules in the OP...

The point of my mentioning Talisman and Inza Nelson is that while both are mid herald or below they have both fought trans level with success. The only ones I can think of that have.

riv6672
I wouldnt have thought of them so, thanks for those!

Sin I AM
Snowbird can imo

DarkSaint85
Crimson Avenger?

basilisk
Granny Goodness

riv6672
Not sure about GG, but Snowbird and Crimson Avenger are unique choices.

Q99
Yea, GG is not strong enough. Crimson Avenger... she's really pretty hax, isn't she?

Has shot heralds on *multiple* occasions with no issue, her guns easily pierce Captain Atom's skin, and I don't actually know what it takes to hurt her aside from magic.

DarkSaint85
Yah. She's one of my fav for 'name a character that can XXX' lists.

riv6672
XXX??? Like, the naughty XXX?

basilisk
Yeah, Snowbird and Crimson Avenger may well be able to do it. Especially Crimson Avenger.

Maybe Granny Goodness seduces him. Seems like his type.

DarkSaint85
XXX??? Like, the naughty XXX?

Yeah, I'm all about that African -American, 'giant bleeding hole in the middle of her chest' look.

riv6672
Tupac lives? Tupac lives. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.