(FotJ) Luke Skywalker -vs- Revan (ToR)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bigblue442

Grandmaster Luke Skywalker at the peak of his power, is whisked away to the same place where Anakin and Obi-wan fought.

Revan at the peak of his power is sent there, too.

Molton lava flows around the mining platforms.

They both arrive and know they have to fight to the death - they draw their lightsabers.

Who is the deadlier combatant?

AncientPower
Luke probably stomps.

Stigma
Luke stomps.

Marco1907
Battle of the most overrated. Revan is more overrated, so I am going with FotJ Luke.

Revanchiste
The problem iz that Revan iz not enzlave by th perfection of hiz light zaber ztyle...

I don't know if he learn makazhi, but he iz precize fatz, and avoid enzlavement to the form..... And thiz particularity ezizt in all hiz light zaber form, he iz like Kao Cen Darach but in more effective !!!!

He can eazly zuprize mazter of one form, becauze he know how to randomize and improvize..

Luke Reztrain hiz force abilitiez... Where Revan fully uze them....

And the place iz not an handicape for him : http://jeff-destroy.deviantart.com/art/Darth-Revan-91666618
He juzt avoid uzelezz acrobatic wich are a wazte of energy if you cannot ztrike your opponent or down him quicly... and make him vulnerable to the force attack becauze force jump drain the power of the force zhield too....

Zpecialization>verztaile..... MOZT OF THE TIME !!!
Her Revan get the edge in light zaber combat (Zuch an ironie becauze he iz more blanced where luke focuz on light zaber....)
Becauze here The zpecialization of luke iz not really a thread for himRevan iz at between 60% and 90% of maztering each technique... 75% mozt of the time...

The greatezt thread when you ztuddy Revan fighting ztyle iz that, you zee but the wordz are juzt mizzing and when the word are mizzing you are mizzing an azpect...
Remember Revan light zaber = A battle mazter level in zomthing zuperior !!!

Trocity
Luke with one arm and no legs.

(Sorry Ant)

Marco1907
Revan should put up a better fight than Lumiya...

S_W_LeGenD
Mindless hype of Luke remains persistent with some.

Revan isn't an easy foe for even someone as powerful as Luke Skywalker.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Marco1907
Battle of the most overrated. Revan is more overrated, so I am going with FotJ Luke.
Actually Luke and Yoda are two of the most overrated characters of the mythos.

Arhael
Revan teleports onto Luke's lightsaber.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Marco1907
Revan should put up a better fight than Lumiya...
He would be tougher then Caedus.

Trocity
Luke has monstrous feats to merit it. Revan, until just a year or two ago, had a video game and then a novel and was called the heart of the force and some said could outduel Yoda. It isn't even close in terms of overrated-ness.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Arhael
Revan teleports onto Luke's lightsaber.

This sounds vaguely salacious.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Trocity
Luke has monstrous feats to merit it. Revan, until just a year or two ago, had a video game and then a novel and was called the heart of the force and some said could outduel Yoda. It isn't even close in terms of overrated-ness.
Some mistakenly believe that Luke Skywalker is the most powerful Force-user ever. Now overrated-ness doesn't gets higher then this.

Marco1907
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Some mistakenly believe that Luke Skywalker is the most powerful Force-user ever. Now overrated-ness doesn't gets higher then this.

That too. He was equal with Krayt in that battle against Abeloth.

Caedus is overrated as well.

Revanchiste
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhqYBm9Ubog

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Trocity

But if you have read the encyclopedia.... Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Revan juzt ztill in the back and he iz leading he iz trained but he don't have many opportunity to expoze all hiz featz....

Revanchiste
Mindless hype of Luke remains persistent with some.

Revan isn't an easy foe for even someone as powerful as Luke Skywalker.

But people don't zee him az it....

Thiz iz like Warb Null who iz amazingly ztrong... But he don't really look like ztrong...
Revan iz near Exar Kun level.... XDXDXDXDXDXD

Angelalex242
Luke points at George Lucas. "My fanboy is stronger in the Force then your fanboys."

And so it ended.

DarthAnt66
What is Skywalker's thoughts of the fight? Does he want Revan captured, killed, or demolished from the face of history?

Revanchiste

Angelalex242
Luke is typically the embodiment of Jedi Philosophy even in his fighting. So he'll use the absolute minimum necessary to win. He'll waste no energy.

Emperordmb
He kinda is aside from the Ones.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Luke is typically the embodiment of Jedi Philosophy even in his fighting. So he'll use the absolute minimum necessary to win. He'll waste no energy.

Thiz iz the problem.... That'z why he looze before be puzhed to hiz limitz ---> Too much energy too win...
Where Revan iz more balanced... Luke will ztill have probel with zomeone of the Revan level.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Emperordmb

Isn't Bane Luke's equal, tho?

DarthAnt66
oh snap

Angelalex242
Bane is not Luke's equal. He's not even Sidious's equal.

Bane's great, and all, but he lacks the midichlorians to compete.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Isn't Bane Luke's equal, tho?
I never said or even implied that.

I've never even denied that Sidious is the most powerful Sith.

NewGuy01
Pretty sure DMB made a topic way back when calling Bane the Anti-Luke

The_Tempest
Bane is not Luke's equal. He's not even Sidious's equal.

Bane's great, and all, but he lacks the midichlorians to compete.

I know, I'm just picking on Dmb.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by NewGuy01
That was on TOF, and I never said that Bane was Luke's equal.

NewGuy01
Erm, okay. What does it being on TOF have to do with it again?

Fated Xtasy

That was mostly drawing the parallels between Luke and Bane and their philosophies, also, doesn't Filloni also call Bane the opposite of Luke in that Q&A video?

The_Tempest
He probably meant that Bane is the "anti-Luke" in the sense that, like Luke, Bane abandoned much of his order's old traditions to recreate it. He's not wrong.

But Dmb also knows full well that Luke would stomp Bane. Don't you, Dmb?

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
That was mostly drawing the parallels between Luke and Bane and their philosophies,
thumb up

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
also, doesn't Filloni also call Bane the opposite of Luke in that Q&A video?
That was actually the inspiration for that thread.

NewGuy01
I'm aware. However, taking another look, you did identify that Bane was Luke's Sith counterpart and thus extremely powerful. homer

NewGuy01
You crossed the line this time, BDA. Never insult another man's mustache. laughing out loud

And yeah, he's serious Temp.

The_Tempest
Dmb, explain yourself. Now.

NewGuy01
Dmb, explain yourself. Now.

Emperordmb
That was like a year ago on SWF. I even changed my point of view before I left SWF. Did I have Bane>Yoda a year ago when I had first started the forums? Yes. Do I have Bane>Yoda now? No.

Intrepid is just trying to troll me.

S_W_LeGenD
Based on?

Also, where do you rank Lord Nyax?

Trocity
He's very low ranking in terms of quality as a character in general, though.

Nephthys
I put RoT Bane above Yoda, btw. cool

That is, he would win in a fight. Not sure if he's more powerful or a better duelist, but theres my opinion.

The_Tempest
As you can see, Neph, no one respects that opinion. But I admire your dedication to the underdog.

Fated Xtasy
I will hold my judgment till he answers. But if what you have said is really true then he needs to strongly revisit his assessments.

Don't listen to that fool, he'll say anything to make dmb look bad, Jack/Intrepid's words should be taken with a grain of salt, he does this just to troll - as if that wasn't obvious.

The_Tempest
That was like a year ago on SWF. I even changed my point of view before I left SWF. Did I have Bane>Yoda a year ago when I had first started the forums? Yes. Do I have Bane>Yoda now? No.

Intrepid is just trying to troll me.

Indeed?

Well, anyway, Yoda would crush Bane.

Stigma
Originally posted by Nephthys
I put RoT Bane above Yoda, btw.
LOL

Revanchiste
I hate and really hated the fact Than Luke waz zuperior to Revan.
Revan iz like luke zkywalker Many medichlorian great ptential....
But Revan iz trained at iz early age.
Where luke get trained very lately...
Revan Begin iz firzt war againzt mandalorian warrior Luke againzt the empire and minor azzholez.... And have great problemz with Zhadowpawn.
And after it'z thrawn... How through hiz againzt thrawn he became enough ztrong to Reach DE ZIDIOUZ LEVEL ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Revan obtain hiz clothez hiz new training with the zith...

From thiz point I can dizcount everything after

If the Vong war waz before DE Zidiouz O.K...

But if I were zidiouz I will zabotage hiz training to not allow him to defeat hiz mazter...

Revanchiste
I mean if it waz the caze then AotC anakin iz ztrong too !!! Time do not make everythingz....

And alzo Revan waz trained by the true zithz !!!! Zo why he don't reach DE Zidiouz level????

The_Tempest
Dmb has a trustworthy face.

The_Tempest
Are you implying Dmb's face is covered with Bane's dilk?

NewGuy01
Tbh it's really not true. DMB has supported Bane over Yoda long after he left SWF. If that's changed, it's a relatively* recent development.

NewGuy01
Are you implying Dmb's face is covered with Bane's dilk?

laughing out loud

The_Tempest
I'm sure Dmb has a rational explanation for this.

The_Tempest
NewGuy strikes me as a potentially duplicitous and shifty character.

NewGuy, what are your thoughts on Sheev?

Emperordmb
Tbh it's really not true. DMB has supported Bane over Yoda long after he left SWF. If that's changed, it's a relatively* recent development.
No, I changed my viewpoint to Yoda>Bane before I left SWF no expression

DarthAnt66
No... no you didn't.

Emperordmb
Yes I did.

DarthAnt66
You believed Bane>Yoda during early-middle The Outcasts reign.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
You believed Bane>Yoda during early-middle The Outcasts reign.
No. No I didn't.

carthage
Stop lying DMB you also had Bane above Caedus and Windu

DarthAnt66
No. No I didn't.
Yes. Yes you did. erm

Emperordmb
Yes. Yes you did. erm
Proof?

|King Joker|
Prove it.

Tbh this is quite amusing.

DarthAnt66
Because we had conversations in chat over Yoda vs Darth Bane. I remember when event specifically when Nephthys was there. erm
I never thought you would deny such, hence why I have no scans to prove it to you. Hopefully someone else will, probably not though.

carthage
DMB is lying to save face..

The Merchant
You guys are so mean to DMB?

DarthAnt66
Who, me? How is saying he said Bane>Yoda being mean. erm

Nephthys
I remember that I said Bane could beat Yoda after he'd asked me and he was dubious about it.

Arhael
Guys, stop attacking Emperordmb. Opinions change over time. Before I thought that Yoda would win Bane after a difficult fight. Now I am convinced that Yoda would stomp. cool

DarthAnt66
No one is attacking DMB, lmfao.

carthage
I know we're just asking him to be truthful.

NewGuy01
Yes. Yes you did. erm

Exactly. I remember a specific instance, not too long after he joined KMC I made a Bane vs Yoda topic, but I can't find it in the horde of other BvY threads.

And I also very clearly remember that he had changed his mind about Bane>Sidious before he left SWF, but not Yoda--which was obviously a topic of much controversy.

I hold to what I said--If he has Yoda>Bane, that's a development from the last couple months.

|King Joker|
Who gives a ****?

carthage
He also said Bane could beat Malgus, Krayt, and Kun at once in a free for all match due to his "unpredictability"

The Merchant
I didn't mean to add the question mark lolol.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by carthage
He also said Bane could beat Malgus, Krayt, and Kun at once in a free for all match due to his "unpredictability"

Uh, no. erm

carthage
Or that he'd win due to unpredictability or something like that, it was an incredibly stupid reason though

DarthAnt66
I found what Carthage is talking about:
I'm going with Bane here. When you get into a free for all fight between multiple powerhouses, what becomes important is unpredictability, tactical ingenuity, and defensive capability, and Bane has all of these traits more so than his opponents.

Arhael
But but Yoda is the most unpredictable as he jumps around all over the place!

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Who gives a ****?

thumb up

Emperordmb
Yoda wasn't in the fight they are referencing.

Bigblue442
What is Skywalker's thoughts of the fight? Does he want Revan captured, killed, or demolished from the face of history?

Originally posted by Bigblue442

Grandmaster Luke Skywalker at the peak of his power, is whisked away to the same place where Anakin and Obi-wan fought.

Revan at the peak of his power is sent there, too.

Molton lava flows around the mining platforms.

They both arrive and know they have to fight to the death - they draw their lightsabers.

Who is the deadlier combatant?

Angelalex242
'have to fight to the death' just makes it an even bigger curbstomp in Luke's favor, because he'll stop holding back. The only chance Revan had was to try to catch him off guard while he was doing the Jedi 'minimum force necessary' thing.

Bigblue442
'have to fight to the death' just makes it an even bigger curbstomp in Luke's favor, because he'll stop holding back. The only chance Revan had was to try to catch him off guard while he was doing the Jedi 'minimum force necessary' thing.

I have problems with that theory.

Luke's general attitude is actually more of a "defeat the opponent with trying his best not to kill them, etc." (Lumiya, etc, etc, etc.)

I remember once, someone saying that Luke's manipulation of Dovin Basals - the whole "Galaxy not being able to move him" or some such, was literal, and not hyperbole.

If such were the case, then Luke could fight any opponent (we'll use Lumiya as an example) and use his MASSIVE telekinetic control with the Force and immobilize her, easily.

In doing so, he ends a fight with no collateral damage to anyone, she's okay, he's okay - etc.

Luke would absolutely love that.

But the Litmus-test for Luke's "galaxy not moving him" feat being hyperbole or not are those situations.

And he's not capable of that. As we've seen.

- In regards to the Revan fight, yeah, Revan is pretty much screwed, here.

Unless he has the reaction-timing and foresight to teleport around Luke, and decapitate him.

Someone else could probably give good insight on that one.

Angelalex242
Well...Luke also has 'Strong as he needs to be' issues. Luke's inconsistencies tend to be Drama Preserving Handicaps or Plot Induced Stupidty. Possibly even 'Forgot about my powers.'

It's the same kind of thing Superman goes through, when fights that shouldn't challenge him in the slightest somehow hurt him.

The power of the TVTropes is strong in this one.

Revanchiste
Well...Luke also has 'Strong as he needs to be' issues. Luke's inconsistencies tend to be Drama Preserving Handicaps or Plot Induced Stupidty. Possibly even 'Forgot about my powers.'

It's the same kind of thing Superman goes through, when fights that shouldn't challenge him in the slightest somehow hurt him.

The power of the TVTropes is strong in this one.

Revan iz often ztronger than he need.... Poor Revan you haven't enough occazion to zhow your full power and potential... Nododby where cloze to your own level.. exept Vitiate but that'z waz juzt an over power beazt ztronger than you.... That' doezn't count Revan.

Thiz iz batman againzt zuperman expect than bataman have zuper power that compenzate the prep include hiz preconizion...

Luke have no power, juzt a light zaber becauze he agree with the dumbazz Jedi philozophy !!!!

Revanchiste
"Unless he has the reaction-timing and foresight to teleport around Luke, and decapitate him. "

Exept the teleportation... Well....
He already had it vefore 3.0.

Board Walker
Revan as of TOR 3.0 is solidly above DE sidious, yoda, and even Luke in terms of direct combat feats. He was Force folding, force storming, and TK'ing the galaxy's most powerful force users all simultaneously in a 8v1 fight.

There is no other combat feat on this level as of current lore, and hate TOR or not its canon as they are all scripted game mechanics.

Angelalex242
In 43.5 ABY, when Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker and his son, Jedi Knight Ben Skywalker, visited the Aing-Tii homeworld, Luke was taught the technique by Tadar'Ro. Abeloth utilized this ability while battling an allied force of Sith and Jedi in 44 ABY.

Luke Force Folds too.

DarthAnt66
Luke Skywalker has only shown the ability to Force Fold objects, even with countless opportunities to Force Fold himself. Also note though Force Fold and Teleportation are different.

Angelalex242
Folding objects is enough when you can fold a solid object into someone you don't like anymore.

DarthAnt66
Luke never displayed such ability to do something like that, even with countless opportunities to do it.

Angelalex242
Well, folding objects into people is probably too Darksidey for him to want to do.

DarthAnt66
I really doubt Luke would hesitate killing Abeloth.

Angelalex242
True, but the reason it took Jedi AND Sith to take her out is because she had to be hit with both side of the Force at the same time. Krayt and Vestara were taking care of all the dark side stuff, and Luke and Ben were handling the light side. So even then, Luke was sticking to his ethics.

DarthAnt66
No. Both the "Jedi AND Sith" had to take her out because she was too powerful for just Luke or Krayt alone.
I read the complete Fate of the Jedi series twice, and no where did it mention what you are suggesting.

NewGuy01
I got the same impression, actually. That only the light side and the dark side working together could defeat her, ala the Son and Daughter.

DarthAnt66
You didn't read the series either, lol. erm
She's not really like the other Mortis members at all.

NewGuy01
I read the important ones.

Also, lol @Ant always harping about people not having read FOTJ because it's one of the only series he's read.

DarthAnt66
They were all important, and personally my favorite Star Wars novels by far. :no2: Sorry Rendezvous.
And nah, I read really all the pre-TPM books, a nice amount of the PT/OT books, and Thrawn/LotF/FotJ of the NJO.
Plus, I own every SW book really ever published, so I can always skim through a book at any time if needed, tbh.

carthage
Sasuke being humiliated by Ant

DarthAnt66
Sasukedc's fault. He exited out of TOR when I told him I would be back in 10 minutes. :hmph: Off to bed though.

NewGuy01
They were all important, and personally my favorite Star Wars novels by far. :no2: Sorry Rendezvous.

Temp's gonna be up yo ass bro.

Same could be said for anyone with an internet connection.

Sorry that my life doesn't revolve around you, pumpkin.

Bigblue442
In 43.5 ABY, when Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker and his son, Jedi Knight Ben Skywalker, visited the Aing-Tii homeworld, Luke was taught the technique by Tadar'Ro. Abeloth utilized this ability while battling an allied force of Sith and Jedi in 44 ABY.

Luke Force Folds too.

Oh, they're calling it "Force Folding", now?

It used to be Fold-Spacing.

I guess George Lucas really still is trying to avoid a Plagiarism-Lawsuit by the Herbert Estate.

(Fold-Space is from Dune - as is 90% of the other ideas that make up Star Wars - and Lucas was threatened with a lawsuit for Plagiarism in the early 80's.)

Revanchiste
Revan is really good at mental warfare that's my ultimate argument.... Listen HK-47.

DarthAnt66
Sorry that my life doesn't revolve around you, pumpkin.
I remain slightly offended.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Revanchiste
Revan is really good at mental warfare that's my ultimate argument.... Listen HK-47.

Ant ---> Take care of thiz argument....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.