who is the most well developed character in Star wars?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
Who do you think it is?

DarthAnt66
Deadeye Duncan.

Trocity
Depends on what exactly you mean by developed. The difference between A New Hope Luke Skywalker, in terms of personality and for lack of a better word, knowledge, and Fate of the Jedi Luke is pretty incredible. I might pick him.

ILS
Obi-Wan is worth a mention. As well as, dare I say, it Anakin.

Ulic Qel-Droma, too.

Fated Xtasy
Hmm, that's a hard one. Obi-Wan, Anakin, Luke are a few common names, a another one would be Kyle Katarn, he came a long way from the imperial soldier/agent to the Jedi Battlemaster of the NJO

The_Tempest
Not to be pedantic, but define "well developed" for the purpose of this discussion.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Not to be pedantic, but define "well developed" for the purpose of this discussion.

WildBantha88
We are not talking about power but story wise. The character that has the most well developed story and character points

carthage
Darth Vader

Darth Abonis
han solo

DarthAnt66
Darth Nihilus

The_Tempest
Originally posted by WildBantha88
We are not talking about power but story wise. The character that has the most well developed story and character points

Obviously we're not talking power. But what do you mean by "well developed"? The one that changes the most? A character with the most memorable arc?

Selenial
Traya.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by carthage
Darth Vader

thumb up

Agreed, depending on what Bantha is referring to.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Selenial
Traya.

Aw man, you beat me to it.

I'd also say Count Dooku and Mace are very well developed.

Shey Tapani
Kerra Holt

NewGuy01
Interesting choice.

deathslash
Originally posted by WildBantha88
We are not talking about power but story wise. The character that has the most well developed story and character points why not? I'll say Zayne Carrick and just about everyone that he interacted with.

Angelalex242
For a non movie character, Mara Jade. That's a hell of a life.

Q99
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Hmm, that's a hard one. Obi-Wan, Anakin, Luke are a few common names, a another one would be Kyle Katarn, he came a long way from the imperial soldier/agent to the Jedi Battlemaster of the NJO

Though I'd put Corran Horn as more than him. Corran was the POV character for, what, 6-7 novels? And had significant role past that.

One thing about the big characters is while they had a lot of time, outside the main stories they weren't allowed to *develop* that much and often hit a development hamster wheel where they'd learn the same lessons a few times in a row. The most front time does not mean the most development. Comic fans, you know what I'm talking about- Dick Grayson/Nightwing has a dozen time the development of Batman/Bruce Wayne.

Second tier characters tend to get the most development. Big enough to get lots of time, small enough that it's ok to progress them in significant ways.

Oh, quite possibly Jaina Solo. Young Jedi Knights, Vong War, Legacy of the Force, Fate of the Jedi, she has a large chunk of her life and relationships detailed and she changes a lot during it. Possibly Jacen too, but there is the matter of his death giving somewhat less time, and his last arc sucking, but still, a lot of development.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.