Kyp Durron vs Jaina Solo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewGuy01
I'm personally undecided on this one, tbh.

Trocity
I am too. I always got the feeling that Kyp was supposed to be second only to Luke, barring Caedus. Having said that, when he is supposed to be at his peak he does absolutely nothing. Such a wasted character.

He'll probably win a slight majority here, I really don't know though.

Arhael
Jaina.
Kyp is only Katarn level.

carthage
Kyp can take her out via the force, she is skilled but he is too powerul in the force

Arhael
Originally posted by carthage
Kyp can take her out via the force, she is skilled but he is too powerul in the force
No he is not. Pulling that black hole doesn't elevate him above Jaina. When Luke did that, he was out of practice, later he did more demanding feats than that.

carthage
Manipulating a freighter is more impressive than anything she's ever done, she might take sabers but as a force user she is outclassed

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Arhael
Kyp is only Katarn level.

As a duelist, but he's a much more powerful Force user.

Arhael
Kyp does not have any feats to put him any close to Luke or Solo twins.
Pulling dovin basal black hole is not impressive at all.

In Dark Tide book Luke fought 3 Yuuzhan Vong one at a time. He killed one of them by throwing stones with TK other wise it was fairly short lightsaber fight and it got him exhausted:

He pulled black hole in the same book:

It is out of question that Luke is in very bad shape in this book. He got tired after killing only three Vong, no wonder he collupsed after pulling the black hole. In comparison at the end of NJO series he killed countless Vong in Shimra citadel including Slayers, pulling dovin black hole would be an easy task for him at that time.

Later Luke did far more impressive feat than pulling black hole:

This as you see is far more demanding feat that he even looked like Palpatine after that and it didn't make him lose consciousness.

And that's not his prime either. Later he replicated this illusion feat again:

It is clearly evident that Luke was in a bad shape, when he pulled dovin basal and that he improved a lot since. Assumption that Kyp would be able to take out Jaina with Force, when he doesn't compare to Luke or Caedus even in the slightest is laughable at best.

Arhael
Originally posted by NewGuy01
As a duelist, but he's a much more powerful Force user.
Jaina is a much better duelist because she is more powerful than Kyp. Let's not pretend like sabers and power are unrelated. We are not arguing Vitiate here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.