The Thing vs Midnighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

krisblaze
How does this one go?

Preboot Midnighter

Digi
I'm actually going to say it depends on starting distance and location. If MNer doesn't have adequate initial cover, a thunderclap could be an easy win. But give MNer some time, cover, etc., and he'd eventually whittle Ben down.

naurtoisbeast
Originally posted by Digi
I'm actually going to say it depends on starting distance and location. If MNer doesn't have adequate initial cover, a thunderclap could be an easy win. But give MNer some time, cover, etc., and he'd eventually whittle Ben down. Originally posted by Digi
I'm actually going to say it depends on starting distance and location. If MNer doesn't have adequate initial cover, a thunderclap could be an easy win. But give MNer some time, cover, etc., and he'd eventually whittle Ben down. i think the thinng will win here

pym-ftw
I don't think its out of the realm of possibilities for Midnighter to win, but it's really Ben's fight to lose imho.

Tony Stark
Ben

Digi
If MNer can defend against a t-clap, though, Ben will never touch him. He fought Zealot to a standstill for hours, and she's WAY more skilled than Ben.

So, I'm not entirely sure how it's Ben's fight to lose. Put it in a city, and Ben's toast. It'll take some time, but it'll happen.

srug

Stoic
If MNer can defend against a t-clap, though, Ben will never touch him. He fought Zealot to a standstill for hours, and she's WAY more skilled than Ben.

So, I'm not entirely sure how it's Ben's fight to lose. Put it in a city, and Ben's toast. It'll take some time, but it'll happen.

srug

The Thing has more than the T-clap going for him here, he can lift and hurl massive objects at his opponents, as well as hit the ground to pop a human sized or greater opponent off of the ground. If he does this, Midnighter would be temporarily helpless, making it possible for the Thing to get in a clean strike. Face to face though, the Thing wouldn't be able to lay a hand on him, because of the agility disparity, and if the Thing couldn't think of using the environment to his advantage, it would be over for him eventually.

krisblaze
Hit Midnighter with rocks? He couldnt hit him with a machinegun

Stoic
Originally posted by krisblaze
Hit Midnighter with rocks? He couldnt hit him with a machinegun

Not even with huge boulders? How does he get away from being popped up into the air? The Thing does have the power to cause earthquakes in a small area. Let me be clear. I don't think that Ben would be able to hit him in a conventional way, so his only hope would be to luck up, and grab him (probably not going to happen) or use environmental attacks to somehow hit him from a distance. If this fails, Ben would obviously lose at some point down the line. Then again, Ben is pretty tough, so I wonder if M would wind up breaking something from hitting him?

krisblaze
Midnighters staff gives him incredible mobility.

I made this thread because I couldt imagine ben hitting him or mnighter doing any damage to.ben, hmmm

Stoic
Midnighters staff gives him incredible mobility.

I made this thread because I couldt imagine ben hitting him or mnighter doing any damage to.ben, hmmm

Well I think that it would be a very tough fight for Ben either way, but he is a vet, so I wouldn't put it past him to try something unexpected. I really think that his only chance would be to use the environment to somehow even the agility, and combat disparity. Ben is really tough, so he can take quite a beating from M.

Digi
I'm mostly with Kris here. Imagining exactly how MNer puts Ben down for good is a bit tricky, granted, but he's taken down and/or harmed higher. But yeah, I wasn't joking, Ben doesn't lay a pinky on MNer if there's any kind of environment to work with. Stalemating Zealot for hours isn't his only feat that shows this - though it's his best in that department. And his power set is basically a cheat code for fights. If there's a way for him to win, he will.

Digi
Oh, also, I'm only debating WS MNer. I don't really do DCnU, so I'm in the dark there. Standard caveats apply if we're talking about current.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Stoic
Well I think that it would be a very tough fight for Ben either way, but he is a vet, so I wouldn't put it past him to try something unexpected. I really think that his only chance would be to use the environment to somehow even the agility, and combat disparity. Ben is really tough, so he can take quite a beating from M.
Midnighter's generally very agile when he's fighting, but like Digi also mentioned, you're not really supposed to be able to "dodge" a thunderclap.

On the other hand he should be able to predict when Ben does his thunderclap and distance himself from him.

Digi
Midnighter's generally very agile when he's fighting, but like Digi also mentioned, you're not really supposed to be able to "dodge" a thunderclap.

On the other hand he should be able to predict when Ben does his thunderclap and distance himself from him.

Or find a buffer or impromptu shield. There are options. Like I said, very location-based.

Tony Stark
I'm mostly with Kris here. Imagining exactly how MNer puts Ben down for good is a bit tricky, granted, but he's taken down and/or harmed higher. But yeah, I wasn't joking, Ben doesn't lay a pinky on MNer if there's any kind of environment to work with. Stalemating Zealot for hours isn't his only feat that shows this - though it's his best in that department. And his power set is basically a cheat code for fights. If there's a way for him to win, he will.

no expression

Digi
Originally posted by Tony Stark
no expression

Excellent rebuttal. If I may offer a reply:

dgrin

Estacado
Buttman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.