SoD Maul vs ANH Vader vs Jedi Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewGuy01
Thought this would be an interesting match. Who wins?

|King Joker|
Maul.

ares834
Vader.

DARTH POWER
Dooku.

Angelalex242
...Hmmm. Maul probably dies quickly, then...Vader wins, I think

ILS
Rofl.

Maul wins. An inferior version already defeated this version of Vader, and Dooku's only accomplishments as a Jedi are inferred skill and power which is barely applicable to a combat situation.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Maul.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Dooku.

Originally posted by ares834
Vader.

This is basically me right now LOL.

ares834
Originally posted by ILS
An inferior version already defeated this version of Vader

Nope.

Trocity
Dooku dies first as he is a Jedi and they gang up on him, then Vader stabs Maul through the back and tells him his abundance of faith is disturbing.

WildBantha88
Vader. He is already more powerful in the force than either of them

NewGuy01
And also a lesser duelist to either of them.

WildBantha88
Faster than either.

NewGuy01
Not really, no.

carthage
Maul splits Vader's helmet, laughs, says he banged Padme, and then stabs him in his breathing apparatus

ares834
At which point Vader reveals he is still alive and then proceeds to decapitate Maul killing him once and for all.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Vader. He is already more powerful in the force than either of them

thumb up If memory serves me right his Dueling skills are also quite impressive by then

ILS
Vader got his shit pushed in by TPM Maul revived in terms of both speed and skill thumb up Vader ftw thumb up thumb up

WildBantha88
Need I remind you that Vader is faster than Sing who can fight so fast that she appears to be surrounded by a sphere if light

Vader>spheres>shields

And maul makes shields

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by ILS
Vader got his shit pushed in by TPM Maul revived in terms of both speed and skill thumb up Vader ftw thumb up thumb up

and Maul was getting his but kicked by Qui-Gon Jinn who had Maul on the defensive during the second half of their fight and with his sheer strength he knocked Maul off Balance and pressed during their first fight.

But i just realized, this is Jedi Dooku.. what are his feats as a Jedi?

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
and Maul was getting his but kicked by Qui-Gon Jinn who had Maul on the defensive during the second half of their fight and with his sheer strength he knocked Maul off Balance and pressed during their first fight.

But i just realized, this is Jedi Dooku.. what are his feats as a Jedi? levitated chairs thumb up

Trocity

Yes but let's not forget, this is SoD Maul, who is vastly more powerful.

ILS
Oh dear Christ...
He also makes webs and whirling votex's of energy in his spare time.

I'm afraid not.
There's another source, I think it's Wrath of Darth Maul, which notes that Maul was actually distracted while Jinn struck him because he was worried that Obi-Wan was going to fall and die prematurely, which kind of goes to show how casual Maul was about the whole engagement.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Trocity
Yes but let's not forget, this is SoD Maul, who is vastly more powerful.

True, but the Vader(iirc, please correct me if i'm wrong) TPM maul fought was not at his prime either, that's my point.

Also, I'm genuinely curious, how much of a difference is there in Maul's skill at the time of TPM to SoD?

ILS
Oh woops, you said Maul was knocked off-balance in their first fight. See the thing wrong with that logic is that Maul was injured during his first fight with Jinn, which gave Jinn the advantage. And despite this Maul tired Jinn out in a matter of 30 seconds and had him on the brink of death. And then, the TPM novelisaton states that Maul is better physically than Jinn opposed to being his equal, which was the initial case on Tattooine.

Edit: Also, Maul wasn't even off-balance or staggered wtf, all he said was that him and Jinn's collective blows were sending shudders through his body.

Trocity
This is ANH Vader though, the clone maul fought ANH-ish Vader. I'm not exactly sure how much his skill has increased either, if at all. His force power increasing is all I know of.

ILS
True, but the Vader(iirc, please correct me if i'm wrong) TPM maul fought was not at his prime either, that's my point.

Also, I'm genuinely curious, how much of a difference is there in Maul's skill at the time of TPM to SoD? There should be no difference between TPM Maul's skill and SoD's.

NewGuy01

Also, I'm genuinely curious, how much of a difference is there in Maul's skill at the time of TPM to SoD?

Maul's clone fought Vader right before ANH, like, almost immediately. And this is ANH Vader.

And theres probably only a small skill difference, but a significant power difference.

DARTH POWER

No feats since we haven't seen much from him, but many accolades and clear statements and implications of what level he was at as a Jedi.

Jedi Dooku was One of the Most Powerful Jedi in the Order's entire history. He was also according to Yoda the Temple's "strongest" student, and "Most Learned in the Ways of the Force."

He was 1 of only 2 Jedi in the Order known to have outfought Mace Windu in a duel. Whilst we have no idea if Mace Windu (who was using Vapaad at the time) was ever able to out duel him.

So assuming this is Jedi Dooku around TPM era, I'd say he's modestly below the Sith Dooku we know. Go back another 10 years, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was above Sith Dooku (in Lightsaber Prowess at least), given he had still spent decades mastering Makashi to it's apex, but also would have undoubtedly been Physically much stronger and with greater stamina.

Every 10 years off should make a significant difference to physical strength and stamina at Dooku's age.

Marco1907
Jedi Dooku dies. Dooku become considebly powerful after turning to the dark side, it has confirmed by Yoda in the Movie. A weaker Dooku version has really no chance here.

Maul wins. Vader has no defense against Maul's speed, against Dooku, Vader would use his strength advantage but against Maul he has no strength advantage either.

So it comes to speed vs. TK, choose one of them.

Btw Vader hardly become more powerful tbh, not to mention the source of his increasing power is non-canon now. Which was make no sense to me, ANH Vader or 5 year before ANH probably Vader's peak, because he told this to Obi-Wan ;

''The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but a learn, now I am the master.''

What makes you think Qui-Gon is inferior combatant now ? Qui-Gon should be on par with Jedi Dooku, or slightly below him.

Originally posted by WildBantha88
Need I remind you that Vader is faster than Sing who can fight so fast that she appears to be surrounded by a sphere if light

Vader>spheres>shields

And maul makes shields

Vader is not faster than Sing. Lol. Sing just underestimated him due to Vader's sloppy appearence, and get caught by Vader's reflexes. No one (Maul or Dooku) would underestimate Vader here.

Not to mention Sing has no business in top level confrontation, without surprise factor Sing is just below of Aayla Secura.

Stigma
I... I think we may finally have the ultimate unsolvable thread upon our hands.

NewGuy01
evil face

|King Joker|
I feel like I lose brain cells whenever I read one of Marco's posts.

Marco1907
Lmfao.

Originally posted by |King Joker|
I feel like I lose brain cells

I don't think this is possible tbh.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Marco1907
Jedi Dooku dies. Dooku become considebly powerful after turning to the dark side, it has confirmed by Yoda in the Movie.

He became more Powerful in the Force after his conversion to the Dark Side, but no where is it stated that improvement was Huge. It was likely a modest improvement to his already great Force Powers.

A weaker Dooku version has really no chance here.

Based on what exactly?

Jedi Dooku was the Temple's strongest Student and Most Learned on the Ways of the Force. He was also known for being amongst the Order's top 3 Saber duelists. The other 2 being Yoda and Mace Windu.

Dooku, Vader would use his strength advantage

As Dooku would use his Mobility advantage.

What makes you think Qui-Gon is inferior combatant now ? Qui-Gon should be on par with Jedi Dooku, or slightly below him.

Qui-Gon on par with Dooku? WTF Man?

Again Jedi Dooku was the "Temple's Strongest Student".

Marco1907
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
He became more Powerful in the Force after his conversion to the Dark Side, but no where is it stated that improvement was Huge. It was likely a modest improvement to his already great Force Powers.

Yes it is huge, or in my point of view it is. Make your own assumption ;
''Yoda : Powerful you've become Dooku, the Dark Side I sense in you.''

Becoming ''powerful'' it is big difference in my point of view, or Yoda was exaggerating. But I doubt that, it is like Savage's words on Maul (you've grown so powerful...)

DARTH POWER
Yes it is huge, or in my point of view it is. Make your own assumption ;
''Yoda : Powerful you've become Dooku, the Dark Side I sense in you.''

Becoming ''powerful'' it is big difference in my point of view, or Yoda was exaggerating. But I doubt that, it is like Savage's words on Maul (you've grown so powerful...)

Yoda simply said "Powerful you have become." But it's not like Dooku wasn't already Powerful. He was One of the Most Powerful Jedi in the Order's 25,000 year history.

So Yoda clearly just meant that he's "Even More" Powerful now, which is exactly what the ROTS novel states:

"Once a great Jedi Master, now an even greater Lord of the Sith,

He was one of the most respected and powerful Jedi in the Order's twenty-five-thousand-year history,"

Whilst Savage's line to Maul that "You've grown SO Powerful.."

The "SO" certainly suggests a substantial power increase.

Marco1907
Dude, I know Dooku was one of the best in the Order, but as you know Fisto, Tiin, Kolar, Plo Koon, Qui-Gon, Bulq, Luminara were also, and even Anoon Bondara, so being one of the best really means a little something to me tbh.

DARTH POWER
Dude, I know Dooku was one of the best in the Order, but as you know Fisto, Tiin, Kolar, Plo Koon, Qui-Gon, Bulq, Luminara were also, and even Anoon Bondara, so being one of the best really means a little something to me tbh.

Were any of Fisto, Tiin, Kolar, Plo Koon, Qui-Gon, Bulq, Luminara, Anoon Bondara, also called the "Temple's Strongest Student," and "Most learned in the ways of the Force.." by Yoda himself?

And were any of them named as only 1 of 2 people who've been known to out fight Mace Windu?

Edit- Also those guys were named some of the greatest swordsmen the Order ever produced, not the Most Powerful.

NewGuy01
Tiin was noted as both one of the best swordsmen and the best force users, so I would think he's also one of the most powerful, but alas it doesn't compare with Dooku anyway. Yoda implies Dooku's the strongest Jedi he's ever witnessed the Order produce, and he's been on top of things for centuries.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Tiin was noted as both one of the best swordsmen and the best force users, so I would think he's also one of the most powerful, but alas it doesn't compare with Dooku anyway. Yoda implies Dooku's the strongest Jedi he's ever witnessed the Order produce, and he's been on top of things for centuries.

thumb up

Plus however people want to debate how much sparring means, the fact it was stated that only Dooku and Yoda ever defeated Windu in Saber combat, is a clear indication that those were the 3 top Saber duelists of the Order.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by ILS
Oh dear Christ...
He also makes webs and whirling votex's of energy in his spare time. neither of which is superior to a sphere thumb up

Nephthys
All the "sphere/web/shield/vortex of light" descriptions are fluff rubbish and establish jack shit.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys
All the "sphere/web/shield/vortex of light" descriptions are fluff rubbish and establish jack shit.

I've got your spheres of energy right here.

https://davidsask.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/333eots.gif

DARTH POWER

thumb up

ares834

Don't you claim that Bane is faster than such and such character because he seemed to be wielding a dozen blades while such and such character only seemed to be wielding like 6?

I agree though, it's a bunch of hyperbolic BS.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by ares834
Don't you claim that Bane is faster than such and such character because he seemed to be wielding a dozen blades while such and such character only seemed to be wielding like 6?

I agree though, it's a bunch of hyperbolic BS.

Nah, that would be a huge double standard and double standards aren't like Neph. erm

WildBantha88
All the "sphere/web/shield/vortex of light" descriptions are fluff rubbish and establish jack shit. that's just an excuse to dismiss other characters being faster than the one your supporting

ILS
Producing certain patterns of light with your blade isn't entirely quantifiable but it does denote speed to an extent within the right context.

Also Bantha, if that isn't good enough for you, how about appearing to be everywhere at once after being shot in the arm with a blaster? :/

Or better yet let's just talk about the fact TPM Maul was just portrayed as flat out faster than ANH Vader when they fought.

DarthAnt66
Sidious wielded a vertex of light up old man Temp's ass.

WildBantha88
How does being shot in the arm have any relevance to that feat? I mean if he were shot in the leg it would

ILS
He appeared to be everywhere at once while fighting Komari Vosa.. while fighting.. with a lightsaber..

WildBantha88
Let me guess. The "everywhere at once" thing was said by Komari Voss.

And I will not stop with his Aurra feat. To Aurra Sing he was preternaturally fast. And Aurra is a speed devil herself.

ILS
Nah it was said by the narrator, don't really see what difference it makes to be honest.

And okay bro, Aurra Sing can have fun being a speed devil herself smokin'

WildBantha88
Originally posted by ILS
Nah it was said by the narrator, don't really see what difference it makes to be honest.

And okay bro, Aurra Sing can have fun being a speed devil herself smokin' show me the quote because I will bet $20 that the fight takes place in voss point of view.

And have fun not respecting sing

ILS
If it took place from Vosa's point of view it'd be better because she's a Force sensitive with enhanced perceptions, unlike the narrator. I don't really know who's view it comes from but I don't get too hung up on it.
- Maul: Lockdown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.