Lotr vs. Last Airbender

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
All beings from both except the stone Giants and ghost army from the Lotr universe. In a massive war of the two which army wins ?

BloodRain
Is this some unintentional spite? How is LA a contender?

NemeBro
To be fair Aang has a feat in TLA that is greater in scale than any feat in the LotR movies.

BloodRain
Clip?

Only info comes from random fight scenes and word of mouth. Couldn't bring myself to watch the movie :/

quanchi112
Originally posted by BloodRain
Is this some unintentional spite? How is LA a contender? So you admit ignorance but somehow say spite ??

Time Immemorial
Air bender stomps

BloodRain
When it comes to this film I can honestly do everything with ignorance no expression

Besides I was asking if they could contend, not saying they couldn't.

Reflassshh
Aang stomps.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Aang stomps. Based on ?

Reflassshh
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ? Movie and logic, mostly.

quanchi112
Movie and logic, mostly. What about the movie suggests these guys stomp ? Quit avoiding the question.

NemeBro
Originally posted by BloodRain
Clip?

Only info comes from random fight scenes and word of mouth. Couldn't bring myself to watch the movie :/ Can't blame you there. The movie is awful.

GVf31vOMbjc

This is by far the biggest feat in the films though. The more powerful LotR characters would eat the rest of the setting alive. Even with this feat in mind, gathering all that power was such a slow process it might not matter.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
Can't blame you there. The movie is awful.

GVf31vOMbjc

This is by far the biggest feat in the films though. The more powerful LotR characters would eat the rest of the setting alive. Even with this feat in mind, gathering all that power was such a slow process it might not matter. The movie was very good, hater.

StealthRanger
Well Aang can be killed during the setup, unless he has some awesome durability feat I'm missing out on

quanchi112
It am waiting for reflasssh to back up his illogical claims.

Dramatic Gecko
Balrog + FIre benders.

He'd have his own little awesome foot soldiers.

StealthRanger
The movie was very good, hater.

Anybody who thinks this needs to be desperately euthanised

Q99
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Anybody who thinks this needs to be desperately euthanised

Not cool.

---

That said, the movie was basically like a couple episodes of the show stapled together not too well, major parts of other characters moved around or reduced (Sokka was supposed to be *funny!* Aang stole Katara's speeches), way worse fight choreography, and a generally lower power level.

Ferret Fiend
TLA wins

They will have a home field advantage depending on where this fight takes place. They also have large battleships and are all skilled fighters and healers. Most of the LOTR armies are not.

LOTR will give them a hell of a fight though.

This basically comes down to location. If its at the south or North pole TLA wins. If its in some meadow LOTR will win.

quanchi112
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Anybody who thinks this needs to be desperately euthanised I thoroughly enjoyed it. Kiss my Caucasian ass.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Ferret Fiend
TLA wins

They will have a home field advantage depending on where this fight takes place. They also have large battleships and are all skilled fighters and healers. Most of the LOTR armies are not.

LOTR will give them a hell of a fight though.

This basically comes down to location. If its at the south or North pole TLA wins. If its in some meadow LOTR will win. Lotr has a staggering numerical advantage. They also have the far more powerful characters and the wiser ones as well.

Ferrets, eh ? Friend of Bashar I presume.

Ferret Fiend
Lotr has a staggering numerical advantage. They also have the far more powerful characters and the wiser ones as well.

They indeed do have a numerical advantage, but numbes mean nothing if you can't get close to your oppnents. TLA have ways of keeping back the LOTR armies, however, that's ONLY based on where the location is.

Nope.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Quanchi112 Almost everyone on TLA can use the landscape to their advantage.

Tell me how Lotr people can defend themselves against people that can manipulate the elements and also are skilled fighters in their majority?

Ferret Fiend
Almost everyone on TLA can use the landscape to their advantage.

Tell me how Lotr people can defend themselves against people that can manipulate the elements and also are skilled fighters in their majority?

Like I said it depends on location. Most of the benders HAVE to have the resources near them and cannot just create it. Firebenders for example, only a few can.

So if they fought in a place with no water and no materials to make a quick fire they are at a disadvantage.

quanchi112

Tell me how Lotr people can defend themselves against people that can manipulate the elements and also are skilled fighters in their majority? They need sources to be able to manipulate. There is only one air bender who happens to be the avatar. The other benders are the earth ones who aren't that great in number nor that formidable to begin with.

The fire benders need sources of Fire which can be put out. The water benders need to be near a water source. And even then are not that fearsome imo.

No one in air bender is as failed as Legolas. It isn't even close. Gandalf himself for seems far more formidable and can simply tank fireballs as well. They have 10,000 Uruk Hai and that is just one of their immense forces.

Ferret Fiend
They need sources to be able to manipulate. There is only one air bender who happens to be the avatar. The other benders are the earth ones who aren't that great in number nor that formidable to begin with.

The fire benders need sources of Fire which can be put out. The water benders need to be near a water source. And even then are not that fearsome imo.

No one in air bender is as failed as Legolas. It isn't even close. Gandalf himself for seems far more formidable and can simply tank fireballs as well. They have 10,000 Uruk Hai and that is just one of their immense forces.

Earth benders are actually great in number, they just never showed the Earth bending Kingdoms where most of them are at.

The fire would be put out but I would doubt they get close enough, Waterbenders are indeed fearsome, whats stopping them from freezing the armies in their tracks? Or keeping hitting them over and over?

You mean as skilled as Legolas? Legolas is one of the most skilled in the LOTR series. Legolas also doesn't have any good Durability feats, not only that he was taking LOTS of armies with a simple bow and arrow. That shows that most of the armies indeed do not have good durability.

Reflassshh
You didn't specify what's the battlefield so I assumed they fight in a plain or a forest where the benders will have plenty resources to make use of.

I didn't think resources would come into play here, you have to handicap TLA even though they're outnumbered?

Q99

The thing is it normally takes several seconds in order to do a bending move, and even a group moving together only can move a moderate sized amount of stuff. Arrows and so on would work great, and stuff like a cave troll would simply plow through a lot of the bending.

This isn't like the animated show, which would crush LotR into paste. The bending is far more limited.

quanchi112
Earth benders are actually great in number, they just never showed the Earth bending Kingdoms where most of them are at.

The fire would be put out but I would doubt they get close enough, Waterbenders are indeed fearsome, whats stopping them from freezing the armies in their tracks? Or keeping hitting them over and over?

You mean as skilled as Legolas? Legolas is one of the most skilled in the LOTR series. Legolas also doesn't have any good Durability feats, not only that he was taking LOTS of armies with a simple bow and arrow. That shows that most of the armies indeed do not have good durability. This is the film only so you can't ever reference another source.

Same reason the water benders didn't freeze the fire benders in their tracks. They area nap able of doing so with the numbers Lotr will be bringing. I was referring to skill alone and therr are plenty more skilled characters in the Lotr universe. To suggest last Airbender has the more skilled characters is silly. He doesn't need any good Surability feats when an arrow will kill most likely any bender between the eyes.

quanchi112
You didn't specify what's the battlefield so I assumed they fight in a plain or a forest where the benders will have plenty resources to make use of.

I didn't think resources would come into play here, you have to handicap TLA even though they're outnumbered? Right next to a lake so the water benders and the earth benders are covered. Just like in the film the fire benders need to bring their own sources of fire.

Ferret Fiend
This is the film only so you can't ever reference another source.

Same reason the water benders didn't freeze the fire benders in their tracks. They area nap able of doing so with the numbers Lotr will be bringing. I was referring to skill alone and therr are plenty more skilled characters in the Lotr universe. To suggest last Airbender has the more skilled characters is silly. He doesn't need any good Surability feats when an arrow will kill most likely any bender between the eyes.

I know, I'm just correcting the part on "Not that many"

They didn't through PIS, numbers should not be why they can't freeze them. Not only that they surrounded them and Fire benders are amped during the day time. There are a lot of skilled characters, however, They have NO good durability feats. Fire should kill a lot of them, giant boulders smashing them could kill them etc. I never said they are more skilled, I said they are skilled, They are trained unlike 80% of the LOTR.

BloodRain
Originally posted by NemeBro
Can't blame you there. The movie is awful.

This is by far the biggest feat in the films though. The more powerful LotR characters would eat the rest of the setting alive. Even with this feat in mind, gathering all that power was such a slow process it might not matter.

Okay that is impressive. With the mentioned time issue along with needing such a volume of water, it will be unlikely that this will play though that successfully.

There are far too many in LotR, whether legions of mooks or those higher ups.

Have to go with LotR.

NemeBro
edit

NemeBro

They didn't through PIS, numbers should not be why they can't freeze them. Not only that they surrounded them and Fire benders are amped during the day time. There are a lot of skilled characters, however, They have NO good durability feats. Fire should kill a lot of them, giant boulders smashing them could kill them etc. I never said they are more skilled, I said they are skilled, They are trained unlike 80% of the LOTR. Gandalf by feats could shrug off almost every bending attack in TLA.

The Balrog and Smaug wouldn't even be fazed by them.

Only Aang's huge wave feat can bother them, and Smaug would dodge it so easily it doesn't even matter.

80% of LotR? Most of them are trained in arms.

Robtard
LoTR would probably win. Massive armies of elves, humans, dwarves, the Eagles, Ents, Uruks, Orcs, Goblins, Wargs and Ologs all trained for war would likely be enough. Adding heavy hitters like Gandalf, Saurumon, Sauron, the Balrog, Smaug and the Nine sways it even more in their favor

One of the Fire Nation's greatest assets, their navy, would be nigh useless in a ground war

Really depends on the environment/battlefield(s) though. TLA could conceivably win

NemeBro
Shut up old man.

Robtard
Good thing you can still type with my cock in your ass

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZJ-vVBkxkyc/UOyg00vXZNI/AAAAAAAAQFI/_jP9UXv4TsU/s1600/towers.jpg

https://31.media.tumblr.com/cabea85c477873e0c7a2968b6af79f38/tumblr_mns1xuXgKV1r9ndd2o6_500.gif

I take that back, LoTR shit stomps, the War of the Last Alliance even in the films had millions of troops.

quanchi112

They didn't through PIS, numbers should not be why they can't freeze them. Not only that they surrounded them and Fire benders are amped during the day time. There are a lot of skilled characters, however, They have NO good durability feats. Fire should kill a lot of them, giant boulders smashing them could kill them etc. I never said they are more skilled, I said they are skilled, They are trained unlike 80% of the LOTR. There is no such thing as pis there are only the facts. Even at night time the water benders weren't whooping their asses. The fire Attacks take a lot longer to execute and we see a girl Kitara iirc not killed by being struck by a fireball.

Lotr armies are skilled despite what you may think.

StealthRanger
There are a lot of skilled characters, however, They have NO good durability feats.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/0f13d6a2e260d53e9d9ff3649cbb7551/tumblr_mwkwrrG6Pa1roexrbo5_400.png

Just like it does to Ganda... oh wait

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RpgbZcHk_A

Dem boulders

As Nemebro said, most of LOTR are trained soldiers yo

quanchi112
Lotr wins. Run, fleas.

Robtard
Lotr wins. Run, fleas.

LoL, you waited pages until I said 'LoTR wins' before declaring and copying me. Get mad now

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
LoL, you waited pages until I said 'LoTR wins' before declaring and copying me. Get mad now
Lotr has a staggering numerical advantage. They also have the far more powerful characters and the wiser ones as well.

They need sources to be able to manipulate. There is only one air bender who happens to be the avatar. The other benders are the earth ones who aren't that great in number nor that formidable to begin with.

No one in air bender is as failed as Legolas. It isn't even close. Gandalf himself for seems far more formidable and can simply tank fireballs as well. They have 10,000 Uruk Hai and that is just one of their immense forces. Originally posted by Robtard
LoTR would probably win. Massive armies of elves, humans, dwarves, the Eagles, Ents, Uruks, Orcs, Goblins, Wargs and Ologs all trained for war would likely be enough. Adding heavy hitters like Gandalf, Saurumon, Sauron, the Balrog, Smaug and the Nine sways it even more in their favor

One of the Fire Nation's greatest assets, their navy, would be nigh useless in a ground war

Really depends on the environment/battlefield(s) though. TLA could conceivably win At least be honest and quit taking this so personally. Both my posts were prior to yours in which you said Lotr could possibly lose depending on the environment. I believe Lotr wins despite any environment.

Do better.

wink

Robtard
At least be honest and quit taking this so personally. Both my posts were prior to yours in which you said Lotr could possibly lose depending on the environment. I believe Lotr wins despite any environment.

Do better.

wink

You never declared for the side who you think wins, you spouted a bunch of nonsense. Shit, you even said Legolas "failed". You waited until I came in and rode my coat-tails again, everyone can see this

Don't have too, since you're so simple

quanchi112
You never declared for the side who you think wins, you spouted a bunch of nonsense. Shit, you even said Legolas "failed". You waited until I came in and rode my coat-tails again, everyone can see this

Don't have too, since you're so simple Skilled.

I supported Lotr and you came in still afraid to definitively say who wins. I did. You are riding my coattails, shorty.

Robtard
Skilled.

I supported Lotr and you came in still afraid to definitively say who wins. I did. You are riding my coattails, shorty.

A "no you!" retort, was expected. You meant to type "skilled" but ****ed it up so much it auto-corrected to "failed"? LoL, loser

Nope, everyone can see you just rode my coat-tails after I posted my epic post

'Legolas failed!' - Quanchi112

'LoTR takes this with their massive armies' -Robtard

'I mean LoTR wins!' -Quanchi112

Now get even madder, I know you can, coat-tail rider

quanchi112
A "no you!" retort, was expected. You meant to type "skilled" but ****ed it up so much it auto-corrected to "failed"? LoL, loser

Nope, everyone can see you just rode my coat-tails after I posted my epic post

'Legolas failed!' - Quanchi112

'LoTR takes this with their massive armies' -Robtard

'I mean LoTR wins!' -Quanchi112

Now get even madder, I know you can, coat-tail rider I was referencing the skill advantage of the Lotr characters. I definitively say Lotr wins no matter the circumstances. You think air bender wins under certain circumstances. You like air bender a lot more than Lotr.

Robtard
I was referencing the skill advantage of the Lotr characters. I definitively say Lotr wins no matter the circumstances. You think air bender wins under certain circumstances. You like air bender a lot more than Lotr.

You sound REALLY mad now. Dance all you like, you didn't declare for LoTR until I did, coat-tail rider

quanchi112
You sound REALLY mad now. Dance all you like, you didn't declare for LoTR until I did, coat-tail rider I argued my points but you think Lotr loses under certain situations. You are such a shitty fan. Have fun with the Air Bender franchise, short man.

Robtard

No one in air bender is as failed as Legolas.
LoTR shit stomps

Robtard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Quanchi112

Cry some more

quanchi112
Robtard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Quanchi112

Cry some more You ignored the context of your post and of mine. As usual you ignore the context as in life.

Lotr wins.

Quit being so emotional. I own you, shrimp.

Werewolf582
LOTR in a stomp.

Greater skill, greater numbers, etc.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Werewolf582
LOTR in a stomp.

Greater skill, greater numbers, etc. Follow me, lemming.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.