Maximus vs Leonidas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Fight on a crowded battle field.

Tattoos N Scars
Leonidas. Maximus never fought anything like the Immortals, if I recall correctly.

FrothByte
Maximus. Leonidas never demolished his foes quite as fast nor as decisive as Maximus - at least in 1 on 1 setting. Plus Maximus has more feats in 1 vs 1 matches.

Placidity
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Leonidas. Maximus never fought anything like the Immortals, if I recall correctly.

Are you confused, or am I confused?

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Placidity
Are you confused, or am I confused?

Probably me. I tend to stay confused these days lol

Time Immemorial
Tattos reminded me of one of the seniors with a paddle in Dazed and Confused.

Khazra Reborn
Leonidas. Maximus while skilled, was still basically grounded in reality. The 300 Spartans were doing shit no human could do.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Leonidas. Maximus while skilled, was still basically grounded in reality. The 300 Spartans were doing shit no human could do.

What superhuman feats did Leonidas do?

RJ 2.0
Maximus. This thread has already been done and I raped it.

Robtard
LoL, no

RJ 2.0
Lol, yes. Bump it.

Robtard
You bump it

Time Immemorial
Maximus wins Rob, nothing you can do can change this.

RJ 2.0
No you.

Time Immemorial
Bump It I wanna see how bad you destroyed them RJ.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Leonidas and EASILY at tha

RJ 2.0
Maximus is faster. Tough as Leonidas is, Maximus will dodge all his attacks and slice him to ribbons.

Robtard
Spartan's were borderline super-human. Maximus is just an very, very, very good fighter.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by RJ 2.0
Maximus is faster. Tough as Leonidas is, Maximus will dodge all his attacks and slice him to ribbons.

Maximus is not faster than Leonidas... Not sure where you got that idea from...

This fight is easy because it comes down to standard equipment. Spartans wore Bronze armor and shields... Maximus had no armor and a shield and sword. Leonidas weapon has a longer range, and again, he's more protected. Let's not also forget that Leonidas would likely have help near by.. and organized Spartan help used to covering for one another. Who would Leo have? Unorganized gladiators not used to might wars like this? Not going to cut it.

Robtard
You got that backwards. In the films, Leonidas didn't wear armor. Maximus wore a hardened leather plastron.

KuRuPT Thanosi
That was just to show the abs of the Spartans... I mean like literally. The director even commented on this in interviews noting that this was standard equipment for the Spartans but they looked better. Standard equipment for Leonidas is Bronze Armor and Shield... again plus the longer range of his weapons and better more organized back up on the field

Robtard
This is film versions; not reality Spartans. So Leonidas gets his shield, Corinthian helm, spear, xiphos and man-diaper as standard gear. Though his sword seems too heavy-headed to be an actual xiphos, but who cares when it's capable of cutting cleanly through a man's thigh with ease

And that's alright, cos despite dressing like a giant baby, he'll still defeat Maximus, since his spear and sword will cut through Maximus hardened leather like a lightsabre though margarine

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
This is film versions; not reality Spartans. So Leonidas gets his shield, Corinthian helm, spear, xiphos and man-diaper as standard gear. Though his sword seems too heavy-headed to be an actual xiphos

And that's alright, cos despite dressing like a giant baby, he'll still defeat Maximus, since his spear and sword will cut through Maximus hardened leather like lightsabre though margarine

Leo shits his pants, and has to have one of his men change his diaper when he see's maximus.

DarthAnt66
The battle destroys the cosmos. One cannot simply put these two together.

Robtard
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Leo shits his pants, and has to have one of his men change his diaper when he see's maximus.

Leonidas is not a shitter of pants. You can question his choice of dress and even his sexuality, but you can not question his courage and resolve

Maximus would prove a good adversary, but a dead one in the end

KuRuPT Thanosi
This is film versions; not reality Spartans. So Leonidas gets his shield, Corinthian helm, spear, xiphos and man-diaper as standard gear. Though his sword seems too heavy-headed to be an actual xiphos, but who cares when it's capable of cutting cleanly through a man's thigh with ease

And that's alright, cos despite dressing like a giant baby, he'll still defeat Maximus, since his spear and sword will cut through Maximus hardened leather like a lightsabre though margarine

I understand that.. which is why the director of the movie notes this isn't standard equipment but done for visual effect. You're right though... Leonidas does win

KuRuPT Thanosi
If Leonidas doesn't shit his pants and charging giant elephants and a 7 foot tall super immortal... When he sees Maximus he'll give us that shit eating grin of his.

Robtard
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I understand that.. which is why the director of the movie notes this isn't standard equipment but done for visual effect. You're right though... Leonidas does win

iirc, the look was taken directly from the GN

edit: Robtard as usual remembered correctly: http://reviewbooks.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/fm300a.jpg

Time Immemorial

Leo would have kicked some immortal ass as well, there is nothing he did that puts him above Maximus other then fancy camera shooting.

Robtard
Leo would have kicked some immortal ass as well, there is nothing he did that puts him above Maximus other then fancy camera shooting.

Leonidas easily cut through a man's thigh with a simple hack, threw a spear through two people and one of the Spartans threw a much heavier spear with deadly accuracy that made Hohn's javelin throw seem like child's play by distance comparison

Spartan's were night superhuman in portrayal

Time Immemorial
Leonidas easily cut through a man's thigh with a simple hack, threw a spear through two people and one of the Spartans threw a much heavier spear with deadly accuracy that made Hohn's javelin throw seem like child's play by distance comparison

Spartan's were night superhuman in portrayal

True, however Maximus was cutting heads, legs and arms off as well. Maximus was extremely fast and effective in killing his enemy's. Even stated in the movie on his extreme speed.

Robtard
True, however Maximus was cutting heads, legs and arms off as well. Maximus was extremely fast and effective in killing his enemy's. Even stated in the movie on his extreme speed.

Only recall Maximus cutting off one head; that was while he was on the back of a speeding horse, which would have assisted him in the beheading

Time Immemorial
Only recall Maximus cutting off one head; that was while he was on the back of a speeding horse, which would have assisted him in the beheading

Lol he was cutting heads off left and right through out the film.

Robtard
Lol he was cutting heads off left and right through out the film.

Can you name/post a fight scene where this happened that wasn't the one on horseback in the first battle of the film?

I do not recall.

Time Immemorial
The Gladiator battles

Robtard
The Gladiator battles

Don't recall a beheading in the two outskirt arena fights, the Hannibal reenactment fight or against Tigris of Gaul

Time Immemorial
Don't recall a beheading in the two outskirt arena fights, the Hannibal reenactment fight or against Tigris of Gaul

Thats when it happened in the outskirts battles.

Robtard
Only one severed hand here and that was done by Germanicus Das German:

HDb-9bXoIQU

No severed organs here:

LoakLkFQ_NM

But it was entertaining.

Time Immemorial
Second Video, 58 seconds in, he cuts his head clean off.

Robtard
Ah shit, my bad, forgot about the double sword slice

Still not as impressive as cutting through a thigh with a single arm/sword

jaden101
Maximus slaughters trained gladiators compared with Leonidas killing mostly useless fodder with the exception of the immortals where he fared less well. He probably has the strength and endurance edge but Maximus has the skill and 1 on 1 feats. Could be a good fight but I'll go 6/10 Maximus.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by jaden101
Maximus slaughters trained gladiators compared with Leonidas killing mostly useless fodder with the exception of the immortals where he fared less well. He probably has the strength and endurance edge but Maximus has the skill and 1 on 1 feats. Could be a good fight but I'll go 6/10 Maximus. Objectivity, kudos. Maximus also has the edge in speed and damage soak.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Leonidas wins after a decent fight.

Time Immemorial
Leonidas wins after a decent fight.

Cmon bro, you know Maximus wins.

RJ 2.0
Cmon bro, you know Maximus wins. They all know.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Of course he doesn't win actually... He is at a weapon disadvantage right from the jump. He's not as physically strong either if they fight goes h2h. I see zero evidence that Maximus is faster either... not sure where that came from.

RJ 2.0
Of course he doesn't win actually... He is at a weapon disadvantage right from the jump. He's not as physically strong either if they fight goes h2h. I see zero evidence that Maximus is faster either... not sure where that came from. The evidence is in every fight scene from Gladiator.

KuRuPT Thanosi
yeah and he's not moving faster than Leonidas. Show me the fight clip where you can see Maximus is clearly faster than this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMw4ChpMM3Y

Keep in mind this is in slow motion. Also, the Uber immortal was more powerful than anybody Maximus beat. Leonidas wins.

Time Immemorial
yeah and he's not moving faster than Leonidas. Show me the fight clip where you can see Maximus is clearly faster than this

Keep in mind this is in slow motion. Also, the Uber immortal was more powerful than anybody Maximus beat. Leonidas wins.

Just because the camera is filming is slow motion does not mean he is moving faster then Maximus. Maximus takes people down in full speed camera just as fast, if not faster.

Time Immemorial

The immortals died like everyone else. There was nothing special about them other then their name.

Saying Leo fought them and Maximus didn't adds nothing to the debate.

I could make a thread of Achilles vs Leonidas, does Leo still win because Achilles never fought any immortals iyo?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Just because the camera is filming is slow motion does not mean he is moving faster then Maximus. Maximus takes people down in full speed camera just as fast, if not faster.

So? The claim is that Maximus is faster.. and there isn't a single fight scene with him where he's moving noticeably faster at all

KuRuPT Thanosi
The immortals died like everyone else. There was nothing special about them other then their name.

Saying Leo fought them and Maximus didn't adds nothing to the debate.

I could make a thread of Achilles vs Leonidas, does Leo still win because Achilles never fought any immortals iyo?

That's not what I said... I said the UBER immortal is more powerful than anybody Maximus took on and beat.

Time Immemorial
So? The claim is that Maximus is faster.. and there isn't a single fight scene with him where he's moving noticeably faster at all

No the claim is they are basically the same speed. Slow motion camera in this regard does not equal matrix style/quicksilver/smallville speed.

Time Immemorial
That's not what I said... I said the UBER immortal is more powerful than anybody Maximus took on and beat.

So then uber immortal would technically be considered stronger then anything Achilles took on, yet he would slaughter them like fodder. Does not mean that Leo is now above Achilles.

KuRuPT Thanosi
No the claim is they are basically the same speed. Slow motion camera in this regard does not equal matrix style/quicksilver/smallville speed.

wrong, read the thread, many have claimed Maximus is faster and it's simply not true

Time Immemorial
wrong, read the thread, many have claimed Maximus is faster and it's simply not true

I don't care what others claimed, I made the OP, and never claimed that. I claimed he is just as fast. And was given on screen credit by his superiors on how fast he kills.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So then uber immortal would technically be considered stronger then anything Achilles took on, yet he would slaughter them like fodder. Does not mean that Leo is now above Achilles.

So now beating somebody superior to anybody somebody else beat isn't a feat?

KuRuPT Thanosi
I don't care what others claimed, I made the OP, and never claimed that. I claimed he is just as fast. And was given on screen credit by his superiors on how fast he kills.

So now the OP opinions at the beginning of the thread are all that matter and nothing anybody else posts can be responded to or count? Do you even know why you're arguing with me here? LOL. I'm thinking you're bored and just being silly here.

Time Immemorial
So now the OP opinions at the beginning of the thread are all that matter and nothing anybody else posts can be responded to or count? Do you even know why you're arguing with me here? LOL. I'm thinking you're bored and just being silly here.

No of coarse they matter but I am not following their line of debate or debating with them, I am debating it with you. I think he is just as fast based on on screen feats. Killing immortals isn't that big of a feat to me, they have a cool name but got killed like fodder. Maximus has better one on one feats.

I am bored as shit.

Time Immemorial
So now beating somebody superior to anybody somebody else beat isn't a feat?

It is, but I am just saying to you on a parallel. Maybe you could indulge? Would you consider Leo above Achilles because Leo killed immortals and Achilles did not?

KuRuPT Thanosi
It is, but I am just saying to you on a parallel. Maybe you could indulge? Would you consider Leo above Achilles because Leo killed immortals and Achilles did not?

I don't think you're understanding buddy... I keep saying THE UBER immortal. not the immortals. Ya know, that huge dude that Leonidas killed in battle? That's who i'm talking about who's superior to anybody Maximus beat.

I understand your point but we're talking about very similar characters here in Leo and Maximus... Achilles isn't the same. Yes, just because somebody beats somebody greater than another has beaten doesn't automatically mean he's superior. I understand that. However, when you add him beating the Uber and the weapons involved and how it will likely play out... Leonidas wins more times than not.

Time Immemorial
But the Uber Immortal headed Leo his ass though and Leo won by help and last second sword grab while fearing for his life. I don't call that a clean victory, un assisted victory.

Robtard
So it's settled: Leo throws his spear; Maximus attempts to block it not realizing that it's a super-spear thrown by a nigh super-human so it punches right through skewering his ass to death

Maximus dies due to ignorance; not skill. Well done, all thumb up

Time Immemorial
So it's settled: Leo throws his spear; Maximus attempts to block it not realizing that it's a super-spear thrown by a nigh super-human so it punches right through skewering his ass to death

Maximus dies due to ignorance; not skill. Well done, all thumb up

No, if the god king can stand still and Leo missed, I'm sure Maximus can dodge a spear.

Robtard
No, if the god king can stand still and Leo missed, I'm sure Maximus can dodge a spear.

Leonidas didn't miss. He in fact made Xeres bleed, just as he prophesized earlier

Time Immemorial
Leonidas didn't miss. He in fact made Xeres bleed, just as he prophesized earlier

So he didn't want to kill him before him and all his men died?

Robtard
He did, he just had a moment of performance anxiety. Greeks, who can say with these people

RJ 2.0
Just because the camera is filming is slow motion does not mean he is moving faster then Maximus. Maximus takes people down in full speed camera just as fast, if not faster. Indeed. Leonidas was never shown displaying speed like this:

iaYffgD6nBA

KuRuPT Thanosi
Indeed. Leonidas was never shown displaying speed like this:

iaYffgD6nBA

There was LITERALLY nothing in that fight scene that was faster than the clip I showed and Leonidas regular does. Maximus is not faster.. Nor is his stronger... nor does he have superior weapons... nor is he more durable... Which is why Leonidas wins

Time Immemorial
There was LITERALLY nothing in that fight scene that was faster than the clip I showed and Leonidas regular does. Maximus is not faster.. Nor is his stronger... nor does he have superior weapons... nor is he more durable... Which is why Leonidas wins

I see what you mean, I think that is a clear video of Maximus being out classed by Leo. I guess I thought Max was better then he was.

RJ 2.0

No. What TE said here:

Sinks your argument. Slo Mo fight scenes take a back seat to full speed fight scenes.

And yeah, Maximus is more durable. Dude took a knife to the lung and fought on.

Robtard

Crazy talk. It took 14-19 arrows to take Leonidas out.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Now Maximus is more durable... Facepalm

quanchi112
No. What TE said here:

Sinks your argument. Slo Mo fight scenes take a back seat to full speed fight scenes.

And yeah, Maximus is more durable. Dude took a knife to the lung and fought on. What a buffoon.

KuRuPT Thanosi
No. What TE said here:

No they don't... Show me where in the rules it says this... You're not the OP nor a mod nor did you write the rules. They do not take a back seat.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by quanchi112
What a buffoon.

laughing laughing laughing

Robtard
Thread does remind me that I haven't watched Gladiator (Extended) in 2014 yet, must remedy that soon

RJ 2.0
No they don't... Show me where in the rules it says this... You're not the OP nor a mod nor did you write the rules. They do not take a back seat. Lol, dude, I am not talking about MVF rules, I am talking about common sense, which you apparently lack.

Maximus was shown fighting at a faster speed in real time than Leonidas was shown fighting at in the enhanced slomo. That's what I'm saying.

RJ 2.0
Crazy talk. It took 14-19 arrows to take Leonidas out. One or two well placed arrows would have done the job, man. He just happened to catch a swarm.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by quanchi112
What a buffoon. You still mad because I left you all alone on the sinking wizard bandwagon?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Lol, dude, I am not talking about MVF rules, I am talking about common sense, which you apparently lack.

Maximus was shown fighting at a faster speed in real time than Leonidas was shown fighting at in the enhanced slomo. That's what I'm saying.

Gotcha so you're just stating your opinion as if it was a fact. You literally have NO proof that maximus was fighting faster than Leonidas at slow speeds. That' is beyond a stupid comment. I guess you were absent the day God passed out logic and common sense.. Leonidas crushes and is superior is more ways

Robtard

RJ 2.0
Gotcha so you're just stating your opinion as if it was a fact. You literally have NO proof that maximus was fighting faster than Leonidas at slow speeds. That' is beyond a stupid comment. I guess you were absent the day God passed out logic and common sense.. Leonidas crushes and is superior is more ways

It is fact. Leonidas was never, not once, shown fighting in real time as fast as Maximus. Faster and more durable wins this for Max.

RJ 2.0

KuRuPT Thanosi
It is fact. Leonidas was never, not once, shown fighting in real time as fast as Maximus. Faster and more durable wins this for Max.

Right, so you have no proof then... Like literally NONE. You have zero proof Maximus was fighting faster at all. Nor is he more durable.. that is a complete and total lie.

RJ 2.0
Right, so you have no proof then... Like literally NONE. You have zero proof Maximus was fighting faster at all. Nor is he more durable.. that is a complete and total lie. Er....Besides the fact that Maxmius was shown fighting in real time (see the vid I posted) faster than Leonidas was?

Lol no. It's a fact and you mad.

KuRuPT Thanosi
How do you know it's faster if Leo's fight scenes were in slow mo... For all we know.. at real speeds Leo could've been faster. Do tell how you know for a fact it was faster?

Quincy
Leonidas was like a damn superhero. Those spartans were obnoxious when it comes to battle prowess.

KuRuPT Thanosi
^^^ Exactly... They were shown flying through the air vastly farther than any human could jump.

RJ 2.0
Lol, you guys, one slo mo scene and you guys are hypnotized.

Fact: fight scenes in Gladiator were CLANGCLANGCLANG, while fight scenes in 300 were CLANG.....CLANG....CLANGITY CLANG.

Robtard
300: Rise of an Empire, Themistocles is one fast and agile fighter and we do know that Leonidas > Themistocles because Spartans > Athenians using maths.

RJ 2.0
Lol no, Theo rapes Leo.

Robtard
Lol no, Theo rapes Leo.

Not according to Themistocles, who said Spartans were the best the Greeks had to offer

KuRuPT Thanosi
I'm honestly starting to think basic things in movies are lost on some of you. The director went out of his way to show us that Spartans were almost peak human.. and certainly had no peers in fighting prowess. Yet this blatant illustration has been missed by many in this thread. Leonidas as portrayed in above Maximus is virtually ever single meaning stats when it comes to fighting. When you include his superior equipment... it's a virtual non fight.

Robtard
I'd say the Spartans (and some of the Athenians) were above peak human, if only just

RJ 2.0
Not according to Themistocles, who said Spartans were the best the Greeks had to offer And yet Theo had far superior screen feats........

RJ 2.0
I'm honestly starting to think basic things in movies are lost on some of you. The director went out of his way to show us that Spartans were almost peak human.. and certainly had no peers in fighting prowess. Yet this blatant illustration has been missed by many in this thread. Leonidas as portrayed in above Maximus is virtually ever single meaning stats when it comes to fighting. When you include his superior equipment... it's a virtual non fight.

OK, so if Leonidas is cut, does he not bleed? Does he feel no pain?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.