Death Sentry vs Zeus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
DSentry is Bloodlusted

Fight in Olympus

tkitna
Zeus wins

Board Walker
D Sentry wins

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by tkitna
Zeus wins

I think you are mistaken.

Sin I AM
Id say nod to Zeus. Sentry is a firm trans tier with his casual owning of Thor. But we didn't see enough to suggest he's a skyfather although Zeus hasn't shown much to suggest he's one either....i retract my earlier statement. Stalemate unless Zeus has feats im unaware of

Tony Stark
DSENTRY 11/10

the Darkone
Zeus sh** stomps Dsentry

celeyhyga17
Zeus stomps

carver9
Wish Marvel did more with Zeus.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
Wish Marvel did more with Zeus.

Not just zeus but all pantheons. Id like to see an arc specifically dedicated to gods of earth

Time Immemorial
Seems the thought on who wins ins split here.

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Not just zeus but all pantheons. Id like to see an arc specifically dedicated to gods of earth

thumb up

Lot of wasted potential tbh. The problem Marvel (and DC) have is, they like to focus on their main characters while forgetting about other characters that are just as important. I'm a huge Zeus fan and it would be good seeing him in comics more than what they are doing now.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I think Zeus would have the edge but it won't be a stomp imo. It would be an interesting fight and I don't think Zeus could end it very quickly, but he would end it.

Insane Titan
Zeus wins

Mr Master
Zeus and Odin are equals imo:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=578415&pagenumber=4

bbrem123
feel like DS needs more showings we say he can beat Zeus.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Mr Master
Zeus and Odin are equals imo:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=578415&pagenumber=4

Awesome link there Mr. M, it places alot in consideration.

Mindship
I was inclined to think that actually killing/destroying DSentry was nigh impossible, given how much physical damage he can take, and how well he recovers. How would Zeus put him down? If he beats in that blue-skinned skull, Sentry just reconstitutes, no? Would Zeus not need lightning bolts? Would that even work?

Then again, it's hard for me to see Zeus being defeated on home turf.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Mindship
I was inclined to think that actually killing/destroying DSentry was nigh impossible, given how much physical damage he can take, and how well he recovers. How would Zeus put him down? If he beats in that blue-skinned skull, Sentry just reconstitutes, no? Would Zeus not need lightning bolts? Would that even work?

Then again, it's hard for me to see Zeus being defeated on home turf.

Well here Sentry says hurting his mortal shell is pointless as it is the soul that drives him. And he then casually decides to rip his entire head bar his eyes and brain in 2.

So with regards to your point about healing you are right.

http://i.imgur.com/5hpNF7Bl.jpg

I mean the only times he was damaged in a comic was to portray the fact he was like you said nigh impossible.

And here as well.

http://i.imgur.com/sO0HNYTl.jpg

ODG
Not sure if Death Sentry can be confined to the Trans tier.

Thanos is about as high on the Trans tier you can go, and I just don't see him being 1/2 the equation to stalling Exitar's descent.

And now that I think about it, I'm not confident Odin and Zeus together could stall Exitar.

krisblaze
^ if all they needed to do was hold some shit and push a bit I think theyd do just fine.

Especially considering that remenders celestials are high street or some shit

Board Walker
One celestrial was superior to odin channeling all of his power plus that of the entire asgardian race into the destroyer.

Odin as well as any other skyfather is like an ant compared to Exitar, Death Sentry is beyond sky father in my opinion.

Mindship
Originally posted by Board Walker
Death Sentry is beyond sky father in my opinion. Death Sentry can present Marvel with a real opportunity to intro/define a character who -- with infrequent but meaningful conflicts involving trans+ characters -- can bring back the sense of Sheer, Sublime Awe that, eg, Galactus used to have back in the old days.

I want a character that I can once again say, "Who the hell is this guy??" Each appearance should give just enough to whet the appetite for more.

I really like this Death Sentry. He needs to be handled strategically to maximize his aura of power and mission.

eaebiakuya
Originally posted by krisblaze
^ if all they needed to do was hold some shit and push a bit I think theyd do just fine.

Especially considering that remenders celestials are high street or some shit

But the big thing was...he was equal to the strengh of all heroes of earth.

But DS was well above a Celestial too.

krisblaze
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
But the big thing was...he was equal to the strengh of all heroes of earth.

All the heroes of earth, with none of the heavy hitters.

We don't know if he pushed an equal part or not. He could've pushed more, or less.

Even so it takes about one swing from jarnbjorn to kill a celestial these days.

That's less than it takes to kill Apocalypse smile

eaebiakuya

What ? Rogue was collecting the power of heroes for hours. Hyperion, Hulk, Wonderman, etc, etc. I think she collected the power of Thor and all heroes in marvel earth.

So...it only takes a swing from kriptonite axe to kill superman these days...?

Because the axe is only super effective against celestial armor, not against his body.

krisblaze
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
What ? Rogue was collecting the power of heroes for hours. Hyperion, Hulk, Wonderman, etc, etc. I think she collected the power of Thor and all heroes in marvel earth.

You can think, but she did not smile

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by ODG
Not sure if Death Sentry can be confined to the Trans tier.

Thanos is about as high on the Trans tier you can go, and I just don't see him being 1/2 the equation to stalling Exitar's descent.

And now that I think about it, I'm not confident Odin and Zeus together could stall Exitar.

One other thing is that Rogue absorbed the power of every hero on Earth. As Rogue went up to stop Exitar she used Hulks gamma power specifically to amp everying else she received in tandem.

If we note she never mentioned using Hulks strength. (Which she absorbed) but his ability to amp via gamma.

http://i.imgur.com/9YYOH5sl.jpg

Which makes the feat even more impressive in my opinion.

eaebiakuya
Why you say that ? There is any evidence ? What you think she did in those hours ???

Yes, like i said, i think this is the most impressive part of the feat.

krisblaze
She absorbed the powers of heroes from earth.

Thor was neither on earth at the time, nor is he ofearth.

His powers would not have been absorbed.

Especially considering that he still retained all those powers during and after.

bbrem123
man we really need a new sentry respect thread...

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by bbrem123
man we really need a new sentry respect thread...

Enzeru hasn't deleted it. He still has it. He told me why he has made it private (deleted it) but he didn't want me to say.

But I have it saved so if you need scans I can send them to you.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Mindship
Death Sentry can present Marvel with a real opportunity to intro/define a character who -- with infrequent but meaningful conflicts involving trans+ characters -- can bring back the sense of Sheer, Sublime Awe that, eg, Galactus used to have back in the old days.

I want a character that I can once again say, "Who the hell is this guy??" Each appearance should give just enough to whet the appetite for more.

I really like this Death Sentry. He needs to be handled strategically to maximize his aura of power and mission.

Very well put Mindship. thumb up

bbrem123
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Enzeru hasn't deleted it. He still has it. He told me why he has made it private (deleted it) but he didn't want me to say.

But I have it saved so if you need scans I can send them to you.

oh cool. Thanks for letting me know.

kinda stinks it is private. Makes it hard to debate without it ha.

It is good to hear that he did not delete it though.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by bbrem123
oh cool. Thanks for letting me know.

kinda stinks it is private. Makes it hard to debate without it ha.

It is good to hear that he did not delete it though.

No problem. Anytime you need a feat let me know.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Board Walker
One celestrial was superior to odin channeling all of his power plus that of the entire asgardian race into the destroyer.

Odin as well as any other skyfather is like an ant compared to Exitar, Death Sentry is beyond sky father in my opinion.

You ARE correct

Mindship
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Very well put Mindship. thumb up ty

Sin I AM
Scot u know exactly which heroes she absorbed

One_Angry_Scot
Scot u know exactly which heroes she absorbed

Rogue says "Hundreds of voices in my head, hundreds of memories"

So by her own words she absorbed at least a group going far over the hundreds of heroes.

Psylocke states she has absorbed the power of nearly every Avenger on Earth.

Then we see her having absorbed the power of all of the X-Men.

And when Psylocke states she had absorbed the power of nearly every Avenger I am more inclined to think she was generalising when she said Avengers. Because no other characters or groups are mentioned yet she suddenly mentions having hundreds of voices in her head.

There were a few heroes she didn't absorb as some were not on Earth but I am inclined to believe she absorbed the power of pretty much every hero bar the Scarlet Witch in particular.

http://i.imgur.com/nQC1uc6l.jpg

As she was needed to purge the powers from Rogue in the first place.

So personally I am inclined to believe with the help of Strange teleporting and Psylocke she travelled around and pretty much absorbed most of the heroes on Earth's power's.

Sin I AM
What's that about Simon?

One_Angry_Scot
What's that about Simon?

Basically after Rogue absorbed Simon he is still residing inside her even after Wanda castes the spell.

There was a short part of the next lot of issues. Either UA 23 or 24 where Rogue is causing destruction in a town while Simon is talking to Rogue inside her head.

Sin I AM
Simon is disappointing imo. For all his angst he is a shadow of his former self

ODG

We don't know if he pushed an equal part or not. He could've pushed more, or less.

Even so it takes about one swing from jarnbjorn to kill a celestial these days.

That's less than it takes to kill Apocalypse smile She absorbed every heavy hitter from the Avengers World team and X-Men, bar Havok, Sunspot, Scarlet Witch, Dr. Strange and Thor.

It's pretty obvious he was one-half of the equation.

Lowballing the Celestial Executioner because of a plot device weakness doesn't really fly considering he was powerful enough to destroy the entire Earth simply by slowly descending onto it. Odin... Galactus... they don't do that.

bbrem123
Krisblaze lowballs every feat by DS

krisblaze
^Indeed.

Me saying that Thor was not on earth when Rogue absorbed the power of every hero on earth is definitely me lowballing him!
Originally posted by ODG
She absorbed every heavy hitter from the Avengers World team and X-Men, bar Havok, Sunspot, Scarlet Witch, Dr. Strange and Thor.

It's pretty obvious he was one-half of the equation.

Lowballing the Celestial Executioner because of a plot device weakness doesn't really fly considering he was powerful enough to destroy the entire Earth simply by slowly descending onto it. Odin... Galactus... they don't do that.

Are you not familiar with how Exitar works? no expression

Or are you trying to imply that Exitar is so powerful that he just busts planets whenever with no effort? Haha, or better yet, are you tryin to claim that it was a powerful feat because he made no real physical effort?

A celestial? : DD

Every heavy hitter from Avengers except from their heavy hitters? big grin

ODG
Are you not familiar with how Exitar works? no expression

Or are you trying to imply that Exitar is so powerful that he just busts planets whenever with no effort? Haha, or better yet, are you tryin to claim that it was a powerful feat because he made no real physical effort?

A celestial? : DD

Every heavy hitter from Avengers except from their heavy hitters? big grin By all means, please go ahead and try to explain away how Super-Rogue and Death Sentry stopping Exitar's descent is not impressive.

Because I guarantee that it won't go well for you.

krisblaze
Originally posted by ODG
By all means, please go ahead and try to explain away how Super-Rogue and Death Sentry stopping Exitar's descent is not impressive.

Because I guarantee that it won't go well for you.

Answer my questions, you centipede clad in human form. Don't try to weasel away (you're a weasel now).

You're also forthing at the mouth like a rabid dog (which I consider intellectually superior to most hulk fans, Bada and myself excluded).

Wipe the foam from thy lips and reread mine mighty post.

You'll see that I was disputing the power Rogue had and that it was impossible to say whether Sentry lifted 2% or 98%.

Which was a follow to my comment about Thor not being on earth, and it being impossible to establish whose powers Rogue absorbed.

It's a very impressive feat, but would've been much more impressive if they actually stopped him no expression

ODG
^ Next time you're so thoroughly stymied by a simple threat, don't bleed your anus all over a thread.

We get that you stuck your foot in your mouth in a discussion you absolutely want no part of.

krisblaze
Originally posted by ODG
^ Next time you're so thoroughly stymied by a simple threat, don't bleed your anus all over a thread.

We get that you stuck your foot in your mouth in a discussion you absolutely want no part of.

What are you even talking about.

Answer my questions and look at my posts. You're going full Quan here.

Nor did you try to explain why you felt the need to emphasize that Exitar destroyed the earth by "slowly descending" onto it, as if it would've been less impressive if he had swung his arms or there had been celestial sweat pouring out of him. Do you not know how the Celestial behave? Let alone in Remender's arc? : D

ODG
What are you even talking about. Irony.

Your complete, utter combustion of butthurt was both unexpected and bizarre.

Next time you want to back out of a conversation, don't sh1t your pants. Better for everyone involved.

krisblaze
Originally posted by ODG
Irony.

Your complete, utter combustion of butthurt was both unexpected and bizarre.

Next time you want to back out of a conversation, don't sh1t your pants. Better for everyone involved.
Me calling you out on your errors = me backing out of a conversation?

Come on ODG, you need to try a little bit harder than this.

ODG
^ Get some diapers and some prozac, son. Unless I'm missing some posts here, all we have is your out-of-left-field insults.

Your sudden anger is thoroughly unjustified and, as I stated before, bizarre. Completely and outlandishly bizarre.

Methinks you need thicker skin. We're discussing comics. Up until we're not and you're just parading your sh1t-fit around.

krisblaze
Originally posted by ODG
^ Get some diapers and some prozac, son. Unless I'm missing some posts here, all we have is your out-of-left-field insults.

Your sudden anger is thoroughly unjustified and, as I stated before, bizarre. Completely and outlandishly bizarre.

Methinks you need thicker skin. We're discussing comics. Up until we're not and you're just parading your sh1t-fit around.

Okay.

Notice how I left the jokes in one post and you're still going on about diapers and anal blood?

Why don't you pedal back to my initial post, which you misread and take it from there again.

Here we go, December 10

"All the heroes of earth, with none of the heavy hitters.

We don't know if he pushed an equal part or not. He could've pushed more, or less."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.