Krypton

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Another DC Power House added to the greatest Superhero ever known.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/09/syfy-developing-krypton-tv-series-from-david-goyer

marwash22
A superman show... with no Superman, and it's on Syfy.

Sounds like an even shittier version of "Gotham".

lolno.

BruceSkywalker
will watch

DARTH POWER
Strange idea for a show.

"Gotham" and "Krypton".. Hmm I'm starting to see a trend here..

Firefly218
A Jor El story would've been even better. The book Last Days of Krypton would make an awesome series.

BlackZero30x
Im more likely to check this out then Gotham. Im not interested in seeing Gotham without batman and it seems like they screwed up some characters. Anyways for me there will be a difference. Gotham without The Batman is basically a city with high crime rates. Krypton without Superman....well its still krypton(an alien planet with more advanced technology) because Supermans home planet is earth(thats where the identity was born).

DARTH POWER
I quite enjoy Gotham. And at least we have the young Bruce Wayne in it, who we will clearly see develop into Batman over however many years it's on.

But yeah I too would have preferred a Krypton series about Jor-El.

marwash22
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Strange idea for a show.

"Gotham" and "Krypton".. Hmm I'm starting to see a trend here.. hopefully that's not the case.

the last thing we need is a bunch of shows about superheroes, with no actual superheros.Originally posted by Firefly218
A Jor El story would've been even better. The book Last Days of Krypton would make an awesome series. thumb up

even then...

Time Immemorial
Strange idea for a show.

We all know what Gotham is like, its a shit hole. This will be about Krypton though!

Robtard
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Another DC Power House added to the greatest Superhero ever known.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/09/syfy-developing-krypton-tv-series-from-david-goyer

Worth a shot, do expect little

Kazenji
Strange idea for a show.

They should do a Aquaman show titled 'Ocean'

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Kazenji

Or a show about Asians pretending to be Australians and call it "Blunder from Down Under."

DARTH POWER

I Lol'd.

YFZ 350
Originally posted by marwash22
A superman show... with no Superman, and it's on Syfy.

Sounds like an even shittier version of "Gotham".

lolno. Pretty much. But Gotham isn't that bad.

Robtard
It also isn't that good

heathjack
their also making teen Titians live action TV series on tnt not sure when then their also making an super girl TV series on cbs

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by heathjack
their also making teen Titians live action TV series on tnt not sure when then their also making an super girl TV series on cbs

Oh they sound good.

"Krypton" though, not so excited for. I'd prefer they use the space, time and budget to make another superhero show. Something that's traditionally gotten less exposure.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Or a show about Asians pretending to be Australians and call it "Blunder from Down Under."

I guess that makes you a Russian.

Time Immemorial
I guess that makes you a Russian.

No blunder.

Darth Thor
So this is actually happening:

http://screenrant.com/superman-tv-prequel-krypton-pilot-syfy/

Surtur
This just sounds like a bad idea to me. The only way I will watch is if Jor-El is on it and behaves in the exact same way as the computer version of Jor El on Smallville. Which is to say..a murderous douche.

BruceSkywalker
definitely will watch pilot ep.. afterwards unknown.. hope its a decent cast of D and F actors though

Kazenji
This one is a go

http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/05/09/krypton-syfy-orders-pilot-for-story-about-supermans-grandfather

Firefly218
That description sounds fantastic. But if krypton is anything like the utter bullshit Huxley type society shown in man of steel I'm not interested.

Surtur
I guess part of me is spent on these shows we know are essentially doomed to failure. Not the show, but the plot. It's sort of like watching the Clone Wars cartoon. It's a really good cartoon and all, but you kind of know most of these people are going to die horribly.

Likewise, the plot is described as the Grandfather trying to save Krypton from "chaos" but we know it doesn't matter what happens because later on it's still going to explode. I'm burnt out on prequels, but I guess I'll give the first ep a shot.

What I think would be a unique show is Kal El on Krypton. You do a Star Trek type thing where time travel is involved and somehow the destruction of Krypton is prevented. Kal El is never sent away, and he grows up on Krypton to do..stuff..science stuff? To fight Zod? I dunno. You could even call it Kal El On Krypton. Or Kal on Krypton.

Darth Thor
Wonder if they will ever go outside Krypton showcasing their powers.

Probably not though given it's title.

Surtur
Might not need to go outside Krypton for it. We've had past versions where they were well aware of the effect of yellow sun radiation on their bodies.

So maybe not the full powers, but maybe we might see some people boosting themselves using experimental yellow sun radiation tech?

Kazenji
There's a promo trailer out for this, But it seems NBC universal is blocking most of the stuff on youtube for it

i guess watch it before it gets taken down

http://www.superherohype.com/news/395405-krypton-teaser-trailer-arrives-from-syfy

BruceSkywalker
for a syfy series this looks decent

Darth Thor
Interesting. Looks like they're attempting a Game of Thrones type thing but obviously in a sci-if setting.

cdtm
"THE WORLD IS AT STAKE" season finale's probably won't have "quite" the same impact as on other shows. wink

Hmm, grandfather though.. Not a bad idea, but I'd have preferred a "Knights of the Old Republic" deeper history, with no real ties to El.

Surtur
There's a promo trailer out for this, But it seems NBC universal is blocking most of the stuff on youtube for it

i guess watch it before it gets taken down

http://www.superherohype.com/news/395405-krypton-teaser-trailer-arrives-from-syfy

Damn, I'm too late sad

Ridley_Prime
David S. Goyer involved as executive producer and one of the writers, oh no...

KRYPTON HAD ITS CHANCE!

Darth Thor
^ I dunno. Goyer's actually got a decent resume: Blade, TDK, MOS. I know a lot of people use the latter but it's still probably the best film so far in the DCEU.

ares834
Mediocre trailer. It had some nice effects, but other then that this looked incredibly dull and generic.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ I dunno. Goyer's actually got a decent resume: Blade, TDK, MOS. I know a lot of people use the latter but it's still probably the best film so far in the DCEU.
You forgot BvS that he was part of too which the posted link page even states... Can agree though that he had a pretty good track record before the DCEU and that MoS remains the best out of that so far, but I guess by this point I'm just echoing Pr's thoughts/concerns about the guy being involved in everything DC.

Can also agree with the previous post that this show looks rather generic. Then again, Krypton's lore was never really all that interesting (at least to me). MoS and the first Reeves film from what I remember gave it just the right amount of screen time at the beginning. Watching a show's worth about a planet we know is gonna be doomed anyway seems a bit much in comparison...

Oh yeah, if there's the Joe-El story as mentioned before, that would raise interest, but otherwise, meh.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
You forgot BvS that he was part of too which the posted link page even states... Can agree though that he had a pretty good track record before the DCEU and that MoS remains the best out of that so far, but I guess by this point I'm just echoing Pr's thoughts/concerns about the guy being involved in everything DC.

Oh don't get me wrong, not saying I look forward to anything he does, just pointing out he does have a decent track record.

Also pretty sure Chris Terrie gave BvS a complete rewrite.

Yes he does say some worrying anti-Dc things like Martian ManHunter can't work in a movie (or something like that) so I can understand Pr's concerns.

-Pr-
Teaser:

TKlbfQqLVqE

Surtur
New trailer

I8QL_s0SrgI

Meh.

jaden101
That looks dire.

Robtard
Gave me an "Inhumans" vide and I stopped watching that shit after 4-5 eps.

I'll still watch the first ep, but I can't see myself sticking to it.

Flyattractor
Saw the trailer. It didn't wow me. Looked like stuff I have seen before.

This will be just another Soap Opera with a Sci Fi Element.

Total Pass.

Darth Thor
There this and then theres also Metropolis coming Lol

2 Superman prequels/spin offs without Superman.

Doubt either will last long tbh.

samhain
They could have wasted this money on so many other things.

Blindside12
Originally posted by Darth Thor
There this and then theres also Metropolis coming Lol

2 Superman prequels/spin offs without Superman.

Doubt either will last long tbh.

How has Super Girl lasted so long.

samhain
Originally posted by Blindside12

I imagine it gets a lot of viewers in the 8-12 range.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Blindside12

Well at least that actually stars a Kryptonian.

Heck its even had a few episodes with Superman.

Surtur
I love shows like The Flash, but damn if this show doesn't seem like it will be that special kind of terrible. Runaways and Inhumans level terrible. Where you wonder how they saw the footage and deemed it worthy for an actual audience.

ares834
Ry1HMI9mShc

Wow. That actually looks bad ass.

playa1258
Braniac actually looks good but I'm skeptical of this lasting more than a season.

jaden101
Looks like Snoke. Sounds like Snoke.

I'm out.

-Pr-
One the one hand, it doesn't look bad, and it has Johns. On the other... ****ing Goyer.

Dreampanther
Anybody watch this?

tkitna
I watched it. The best part was when the kid said he was Adam Strange with the Tigers hat. I thought it sucked overall and wont be watching anymore.

(Also, its too weird seeing Ray Donovans wife playing the mother. Lol)

Putinbot1
I enjoyed it.

cdtm
Not bad, imo.

juggernaut74
The Main Man coming to season 2?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/krypton-introduce-lobo-season-2-syfys-dc-drama-1128449

Flyattractor
Originally posted by juggernaut74
The Main Man coming to season 2?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/krypton-introduce-lobo-season-2-syfys-dc-drama-1128449

Damn. I might have to start watching this POS......

cdtm
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Damn. I might have to start watching this POS......

It's honestly not bad. No real SJW crap to speak of, although it does have a few women leads. Normal women.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by cdtm
It's honestly not bad. No real SJW crap to speak of, although it does have a few women leads. Normal women.

Normal Women!?

Oh wait I have REMIND Myself this is on the SyFy....Not the CW...where NOTHING is NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

shiv

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

I cried laughing

Flyattractor

Originally posted by shiv
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

I cried laughing

A Bunch of CW Hotties running around in wet clothes all the time.

I am in.

quanchi112
Loser.

Flyattractor
When you grow up and your testies drop you will understand.

quanchi112
When you grow up and your testies drop you will understand. Triggered.

shiv
A Bunch of CW Hotties running around in wet clothes all the time.

I am in.

Now This Is Interesting.

Krypton is a well produced show. The lighting is good for the show. Wardrobe Dept - Good Work. The actors perform their roles well... but ugh ...omg it iz so serious...

Krytonians are a fairly boring alien race. They're cool (cold) (sort of aloof) They take their science and all real serious and lets be honest... every one who's jumping on the show and has seen a few superman tv shows / films and eyeballed a trade or two knows the End-Game.

Caught an episode. Just 1 and yeah it's not for me. If Krypton was a show where they showed how Krypton changed from stone age to the age of science - that would be some thing new- that would be a story that has not yet been told

An Aquaman Show... with Arthur in the style of BTBATB Arthur would be comedy gold.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by quanchi112
Triggered.

Nah. I just like Hot Wet Women.

quanchi112
Nah. I just like Hot Wet Women. You want what you cannot have.

Surtur
This show is awful.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by quanchi112
You want what you cannot have.

Welcome to Adulthood.

Originally posted by Surtur
This show is awful.

Yeah. I aint seen this show but I already know it is just as Soap Opera with some Sci Fi/Comic Wrappings. Much like the Battlestar Galactica Reboot.
I don't care for those shows......Really dreading what they will do with LOBO on this show.

quanchi112
Welcome to Adulthood.

Yeah. I aint seen this show but I already know it is just as Soap Opera with some Sci Fi/Comic Wrappings. Much like the Battlestar Galactica Reboot.
I don't care for those shows......Really dreading what they will do with LOBO on this show. You never got a hot chick.

Flyattractor
Why you so worried about others Sex Lives Quanster?

juggernaut74
Lobo has been cast:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/krypton-casts-lobo-season-2-1148813

Ridley_Prime
7lzpPNv4fIg

That's how you do Doomsday, Synder. Didn't really care for the show before but this surprised me.

BrolyBlack
This show is so good, doomsday and Lobo and Braniac, heck all the characters are completely on point.

Darth Thor
^ But whose there to fight any of them lol

None of the Kryptonians have powers on Krypton.

carthage
I liked seeing Kryptonian culture but the acting was pretty mediocre. Season 2 seems kind of promising though

Flyattractor
No Certain Reoccurring Guest Star so I aint been watching.

tkitna
Originally posted by Surtur
This show is awful.

I try to watch it, but have a hard time getting through an episode.

BrolyBlack

Flyattractor
I just hope we don't get some Lobo/Brainiac Merge Nonsense.

BrolyBlack
Doubtful

Flyattractor
Yeah. Not gonna hold out hope.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.