Shaak Ti vs Depa Billaba (Sabers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILS
Who is the bigger loser?

carthage
Starting distance?

ILS
14.92 feet apart

AncientPower
Depa in the EU is going to have no Vaapad advantages against Shaak Ti and probably loses because she is mentally compromised.

Depa as of Rebels(as in a Soresu master not Vaapad) would last a lot longer and may genuinely win.

Problem with Depa is her best feat is via her EU incarnation and that one was abusing Vaapad like a drug.

Bigblue442
Been a while since I checked up on the new shit.

Um.. why the **** is Shatterpoint suddenly no longer Canon?

Did the dumbshits working for Lucas or whomever suddenly decide they didn't want any good Novels to make it into the Canon?

Anyway.

Before The Force Unleashed, I would have said that Depa rapes Shaak Ti - because regardless of how Depa was mentally while immersed in Vapaad, she was so powerful and deadly that even Mace couldn't handle her.

But Shaak Ti in The Force Unleashed is speed-blitzing around Galen and giving him a good run for his money - so it could be either Shaak Ti or Depa that wins, here.

Also Rebels looks as profusely-Retarded as TCW is.

"Soresu Depa" (thanks, Retards) would likely lose to Shaak Ti, due to the lack of raw-speed she would normally possess with Vapaad.

Also, how the **** is Depa only a "Soresu practitioner", when her Master would have (and originally DID) teach her Juyo?

****ing Retards.

carthage
When did Ti blitz anyone or anything?

ILS
She got blitzed by Grievous twice :3

carthage
Not the loser TCW wheezing abomination. This would never happen to Agen Kolar

Bigblue442
Originally posted by carthage
When did Ti blitz anyone or anything?

Originally posted by Bigblue442
speed-blitzing around

"Around", as in, very hard to hit. Not a direct-blitz at him.

Bigblue442
Not the loser TCW wheezing abomination. This would never happen to Agen Kolar

Guessing Agen Kolar is the new Bandon?

carthage
She wasn't blitzing anyone and her acrobatics are apart of being a master of Ataru, she is just as fast as Marek based on feats. She beats Depa though due to Depa being featless.

ILS
I dunno if being featless is as bad as being Shaak Ti in general though

carthage
Beating stupid unprogrammed Magnaguards and getting the best of Wanken Marek >> doing nothing but fighting Samuel L with a nexus amp

carthage
Originally posted by Bigblue442
Guessing Agen Kolar is the new Bandon?

Bane is the new Bandon, Kolar shouldn't be lumped in with him

ILS
Beating stupid unprogrammed Magnaguards and getting the best of Wanken Marek >> doing nothing but fighting Samuel L with a nexus amp True enough, true enough. You win this battle Ti, but the war isn't over yet.

carthage
She would predictably lose to anyone above Jinn, but should be able to take guys beneath Vos like Bane, Koth, Darach, and others. That depends on if they're properly programmed though

Bigblue442
she is just as fast as Marek based on feats.

That's what I was implying.

She beats Depa though due to Depa being featless.

You haven't read Shatterpoint?

It's good. It's Heart of Darkness, meets Star Wars.

ILS
She would predictably lose to anyone above Jinn, but should be able to take guys beneath Vos like Bane, Koth, Darach, and others. That depends on if they're properly programmed though Yeah, Ti is good at beating foes who aren't programmed properly but against real duelists she becomes chump change tbh. I think Jinn would beat her. Anoon Bondara is a good fight for Shaak Ti.

carthage
I've read Shatterpoint, and her duel with Windu had many circumstances. He was injured, tired from trekking through Haruun Kal, she had a nexus amp, and he absolutely didn't want to fight her. She has no feats that put her above Ti imo.

Bigblue442
Bane is the new Bandon, Kolar shouldn't be lumped in with him

I recall a guy years ago, calc'ing Bane's "rain-drop" feat to put him around Mace Windu in melee-speed.

That's faster than Sidious. I doubt Bandon is that fast.

I faintly recall Bane having other impressive abilities and kills as well, although I would have to research again to see them.

EDIT: Unless you're talking about Cad Bane, in which case I'd agree.

Bigblue442
I've read Shatterpoint, and her duel with Windu had many circumstances. He was injured, tired from trekking through Haruun Kal, she had a nexus amp, and he absolutely didn't want to fight her. She has no feats that put her above Ti imo.

Jedi have the ability to "peacefully" end fights, the same way Dooku grazed <--(and I want to put emphasis on that) Obi-wan's limbs in AotC to stop him - it's very easy for two people far apart in skill.

Mace couldn't do that.

Also, Depa herself was drained and physically-feeble, almost unable to walk by herself, hence her riding around.

Both of them were in very, very shitty condition, but Mace didn't have the physical-capability to peacefully end the situation by grazing her offending-limbs.

She was too powerful for him, at that point, and sunken directly into Vapaad, hence the situation.

carthage
Mace Windu has moved fast enough to appear to teleport, weaved webs of light, and moved invisibly fast. Bane has only moved his saber fast enough to form a shield, that's Qui gon speed at best.

No he isn't as fast as Windu.

carthage
Her normal combat speed is entirely unknown Ti has moved in a blur, dodged blaster bolts, formed a shield out of her blade. Depa's speed against Mace was amped, regardless of if she was injured or not. For skill feats Ti has few showings that aren't odd, but her besting of Marek is more impressive to me than fighting Windu while amped and the host of other factors she had in her favor.

Bigblue442
Mace Windu has moved fast enough to appear to teleport, weaved webs of light, and moved invisibly fast. Bane has only moved his saber fast enough to form a shield, that's Qui gon speed at best.

No he isn't as fast as Windu.

Bane dodged and blocked every raindrop from every angle in a violent storm for ten minutes.

Qui-gon couldn't do that on his best day.

That type of speed, agility, timing, endurance and dexterity definitely puts him around Mace's level in melee-ability.

Bigblue442
Her normal combat speed is entirely unknown Ti has moved in a blur, dodged blaster bolts, formed a shield out of her blade. Depa's speed against Mace was amped, regardless of if she was injured or not. For skill feats Ti has few showings that aren't odd, but her besting of Marek is more impressive to me than fighting Windu while amped and the host of other factors she had in her favor.

I'd say they're about equal.

Mace's swordsmanship is likely superior to Galen's, but Shaak Ti's speed in her fight with him was impressive.

I think either Depa would win, or, it could go either way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.