Would DCnU Kick The Crap Out Of Pre-Flashpoint?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Does DCnU seem overall more powerful than their counterparts to you?

Superman (Benching earth/Brainiac's ship)
Uncuffed/GOW Wonder Woman
Captain Atom
Cyborg
Constantine
Firestorm
Phantom Stranger
Superboy
Sinestro (Parallax)
etc...

Golgo13
Even a bunch of their streets seem more formidable.

Bronze Tiger
Batman
Cheshire
Carmen Leno
Nightwing
etc...

DarkSaint85
Conversely, the imps would end DCnU

Golgo13
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Conversely, the imps would end DCnU

Let's just talk earth and it's streets to high heralds.

Martian Manhunter and Frankenstein would be also more formidable, IMO.

Even Aquaman got a strength push. Same to Hawkman and his Nth Metal.

DarkSaint85
Flash is not as powerful.
I'd argue WW isn't either.
Aquaman is less formidable (it's just that he has more feats that on paper look good)
Atom has been reduced to a mad geek.
Hawkman is about the same, the tradeoff in tech is balanced by that Nth metal.

Golgo13
I'd say Flash is more formidable with his mind tricks.
WW now as God of War is too, IMO.
Aquaman doesn't have as powerful of TP, but he's just as if not more so stronger.
Atom is likely just as smart, so no problems there.

Golgo13
Bane and OMAC as well.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Golgo13
I'd say Flash is more formidable with his mind tricks.
WW now as God of War is too, IMO.
Aquaman doesn't have as powerful of TP, but he's just as if not more so stronger.
Atom is likely just as smart, so no problems there.

He could always do that, though. Without the self doubt that made him freeze up. Not to mention speed steals etc.

WW was always plenty strong. But she now has a lesser lasso and bracers.

Same with Aqua man. Possibly stronger, but weaker TP, or at least, its not been shown yet.

Midnighter is also less formidable, I feel, as is Hawksmoor.

carver9
There are a lot of pros and cons about both.

WW is physically above her previous counterpart imo but she isn't as skilled or as fast.

Superman seems stronger but he isn't as formidable as he use to be and he isn't as fast either.

Batman seems the same.

Deathstroke got an amp imo. It's debatable though.

Martian got a push.

Atom got a huge push.

Despero isn't as formidable.

Orion is alright. Could say the same.

Grundy got a huge push.

Flash didn't get a push.

Superboy got a push as well.

Sinestro is the same.

Supergirl got a power increase.

Cyborg Superman has been decreased in power imo.

Mongul is a beast and he got a push.

Darkseid got a huge push. The most dangerous being in the universe.

Lobo sucks.

Aquaman got a push physically.

Golgo13
Originally posted by carver9

WW is physically above her previous counterpart imo but she isn't as skilled or as fast.

Superman seems stronger but he isn't as formidable as he use to be and he isn't as fast either.

Batman seems the same.

Deathstroke got an amp imo. It's debatable though.

Martian got a push.

Atom got a huge push.

Despero isn't as formidable.

Orion is alright. Could say the same.

Grundy got a huge push.

Flash didn't get a push.

Superboy got a push as well.

Sinestro is the same.

Supergirl got a power increase.

Cyborg Superman has been decreased in power imo.

Mongul is a beast and he got a push.

Darkseid got a huge push. The most dangerous being in the universe.

Lobo sucks.

Aquaman got a push physically.

Sinestro can now control Parallax. I don't know if he could do that pre-flashpoint.

Supegirl will more than likely get a push with the how the current storyline is going.

Flyattractor
How do Constantine's feats compare Pre and Post Nu?

relentless1
Batmans been amped, I dont recall him being able to kick a motorcycle in half pre DCnU

Golgo13
Originally posted by relentless1
Batmans been amped, I dont recall him being able to kick a motorcycle in half pre DCnU

He also fought almost 24 hours straight. Or it could have been more than that. Pre-Flashpoint couldn't do that. He also has some of the best suits now.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Flyattractor
How do Constantine's feats compare Pre and Post Nu?

About the same. He's still extremely haxed.

Khazra Reborn
I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority, but I, for the most part, like the DCnU continuity more than pre-FP, power levels or otherwise.

quanchi112
Pre flashpoint rapes.

SasuOna
everyone is younger and more powerful than they previously were
Superman is as powerful as the writers need him to be
Wonder Woman is a full fledged god now
GL specifically Kyle is pretty much top tier in the DC power hierarchy
Flash is weaker but that's mostly because its Barry
Aquaman is strangely weaker

Golgo13
Originally posted by SasuOna
everyone is younger and more powerful than they previously were
Superman is as powerful as the writers need him to be
Wonder Woman is a full fledged god now
GL specifically Kyle is pretty much top tier in the DC power hierarchy
Flash is weaker but that's mostly because its Barry
Aquaman is strangely weaker

thumb up

Forgot about Kyle with Life Equation. Yet, another power boost, even if it's temperary.

Digi
This is a bit too general to answer well. There are characters from both sides of FP that would defeat their counterparts. On the whole, things are probably still weighted toward pre-FP's favor, if only because we're talking about nearly 30 years compared to, what, 3-4? Recency bias will sway many, but the backlog of feats is still much higher for pre-FP.

Obviously temporary boosts like the Life Equation probably shouldn't be factored in, though, imo. Then we're just cherry-picking arcs or versions of characters to try to make a point, without normalizing the playing field.

beatboks
Considering that some pre FP versions of Dr Fate could solo Nu52 Earth 2. I'm gonna say that there is no way anyone can say nu52 stomps pre fp

krisblaze
Martian got a push? could've fooled me.

80sBaby

How is WW less skilled? If anything, her HtH skills have actually been shown in the DCNu whereas in the Pre-FP continuity, it was mostly lip-service. Hell, she fought off both Zod and Faora at the same damn time. When did Pre-FP Diana ever do that?She also appeared more formidable against both Darkseid and Doomsday than previously.

NuSuperman is stronger and a little less durable but I don't see him as less formidable. I don't see where his speed is less than his Pre-FP counterpart, though.

carver9
Originally posted by 80sBaby
How is WW less skilled? If anything, her HtH skills have actually been shown in the DCNu whereas in the Pre-FP continuity, it was mostly lip-service. Hell, she fought off both Zod and Faora at the same damn time. When did Pre-FP Diana ever do that?She also appeared more formidable against both Darkseid and Doomsday than previously.

NuSuperman is stronger and a little less durable but I don't see him as less formidable. I don't see where his speed is less than his Pre-FP counterpart, though.

Skill is debatable with WW...not disagree there, everything else is on point.

Uuuuuummmm, you might want to compare the battles of both Supermen before asking this question. This version of Superman (DCNU) has more losses under his belt in one yr than Pre Flashpoint has had within a 5 yr time. Superman fans has even acknowledged this.... the difference in skill AND speed is huge imo even though current Supes is still a beast.

Also, you might want to compare strength showings of the two before thinking current Supes IS stronger than Pre Flashpoint.

80sBaby
Skill is debatable with WW...not disagree there, everything else is on point.

Uuuuuummmm, you might want to compare the battles of both Supermen before asking this question. This version of Superman (DCNU) has more losses under his belt in one yr than Pre Flashpoint has had within a 5 yr time. Superman fans has even acknowledged this.... the difference in skill AND speed is huge imo even though current Supes is still a beast.

Also, you might want to compare strength showings of the two before thinking current Supes IS stronger than Pre Flashpoint.

Regarding WW, I say her DCNu version is more skilled simply because martial skill has always allowed a character to perform better against his/her peers/superiors. Pre-FP Diana rarely, if ever, appeared more formidable than any other Class 100. NuDiana, however, has showings that have her knocking around people on her physical level more consistently than in previous continuity.

True, DCNuSupes has more losses but he's also facing more formidable opponents, too imo. It's not like his losses are simply him being chumped all the time.

As for strength, Pre-FP Clark has some doozies but NuClark has a better average.

carver9
Originally posted by 80sBaby
Regarding WW, I say her DCNu version is more skilled simply because martial skill has always allowed a character to perform better against his/her peers/superiors. Pre-FP Diana rarely, if ever, appeared more formidable than any other Class 100. NuDiana, however, has showings that have her knocking around people on her physical level more consistently than in previous continuity.

True, DCNuSupes has more losses but he's also facing more formidable opponents, too imo. It's not like his losses are simply him being chumped all the time.

As for strength, Pre-FP Clark has some doozies but NuClark has a better average.

Oh, I agree with you on WW. She has been beastly since the birth of DCNU. Took on both Faora and Zod, defeated Mongul and a Kryptonian together ( same Mongul who took on Superman and an amped Batman). She mid stomped Supergirl. Let's put it like this, I agree with you on the consistency but if someone were to say Pre Reboot was more powerful, I would argue against it.

I look at more than strength fts though when it concerns space cheese. I look at consistency and DCNU isn't close to being consistent like his previous counterpart. It's to the point that people don't even respond when they see a loss from him...it's just brushed off. This has never happened with pre reboot Superman. He was consistent. A loss for him was big depending on who the character was. This Supes has a long way to go before being put into DCU shoes. A long way. If i had to choose who would get the majority between these two Supes and this was based off money, I already know who that'll go to and I'm hoping your bet would go the same way. DCNU Supes is powerful but I don't think he is anywhere close to his previous self tbh.

carver9
Oh, I agree with you on WW. She has been beastly since the birth of DCNU. Took on both Faora and Zod, defeated Mongul and a Kryptonian together ( same Mongul who took on Superman and an amped Batman). She mud stomped Supergirl. Let's put it like this, I agree with you on the consistency but if someone were to say Pre Reboot was more powerful, I wouldnt argue against it.

I look at more than strength fts though when it concerns space cheese. I look at consistency and DCNU isn't close to being consistent like his previous counterpart. It's to the point that people don't even respond when they see a loss from him...it's just brushed off. This has never happened with pre reboot Superman. He was consistent. A loss for him was big depending on who the character was. This Supes has a long way to go before being put into DCU shoes. A long way. If i had to choose who would get the majority between these two Supes and this was based off money, I already know who that'll go to and I'm hoping your bet would go the same way. DCNU Supes is powerful but I don't think he is anywhere close to his previous self tbh.

Edited some parts of my post.

SasuOna
superman only has 3 years in the new continuity
he's lost to the following people
H'el
Zod
Batman
Hellspont
Ullyses

Not that many losses but he does tend to lose more than post crisis supes

Golgo13
Originally posted by krisblaze
Martian got a push? could've fooled me.

Yes he did. So far he has a good record and a major strength feat that puts him above his previous incarnation.

carver9
Originally posted by SasuOna
superman only has 3 years in the new continuity
he's lost to the following people
H'el
Zod
Batman
Hellspont
Ullyses

Not that many losses but he does tend to lose more than post crisis supes

You're missing some people. Doesn't matter tbh. Even with his losses he is one of the most powerful on the planet but I still wouldn't put him on his previous counterpart level.

One_Angry_Scot
You're missing some people. Doesn't matter tbh. Even with his losses he is one of the most powerful on the planet but I still wouldn't put him on his previous counterpart level.

Losses to a couple of them aren't that bad. Probably the fact that Supes fought with H'el and Helspont briefly speaks more words even though he was defeated by them both.

ZenGardenOP
Originally posted by Golgo13
He also fought almost 24 hours straight. Or it could have been more than that. Pre-Flashpoint couldn't do that. He also has some of the best suits now. It was 28 hours in Norway's cold weather without a shirt, and he was still going.

He also beat the sh*t out of the Super Titan Gladiator.

Also from a tech perspective Batman is pushing Stark's level of suit building with the Justice Buster and Hellbat armors, on top of his deductive skills.

ZenGardenOP
Also Captain Atom is ridiculously powerful in Future's end

krisblaze
28 hours shirtless in a Norwegian winter would freeze his batnipples right off

ZenGardenOP
I would say Darkseid got a pretty substansial amp if it wasn't for Final Crisis retconning everything into avatars

80sBaby
Oh, I agree with you on WW. She has been beastly since the birth of DCNU. Took on both Faora and Zod, defeated Mongul and a Kryptonian together ( same Mongul who took on Superman and an amped Batman). She mud stomped Supergirl. Let's put it like this, I agree with you on the consistency but if someone were to say Pre Reboot was more powerful, I wouldnt argue against it.

I agree that Pre-FP WW may be more powerful, due to her equipment having better showings. But I would say that DCNu WW has the better physical/straight combat feats, on average so far. So, Pre- FP Diana might win but it'd be mainly because of her Deus ex Machina lasso or something.

I would vote for Pre-FP Superman to win, too (but to be fair, editorial mandate seemed stronger with him than DCNu Supes imo.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.