Revan vs Exar Kun [Official Debate Thread]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66

DarthAnt66
Revan wins. Superior combat abilities and telekinesis, and a greater knowledge and understanding of the Force.

Nephthys
Kun

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Exar probably > tbh

DarthAnt66
/watch?v=ouUTjtDevHk

ILS
I think Kun slaughterstomps with drain tbph

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Probably ='s tbh

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ILS
I think Kun slaughterstomps with drain tbph
Exar Kun never used drain in a combat situation. His draining of the Massassi was an entire ritual.

ILS
Why can't he just set up a lil ritual for his homie b*tch Revan? Thought so.

NewGuy01
Revan's practically harmless to physical!Kun at the end of 3.0.

DarthAnt66
No preparation time. And I would definitely argue regardless with preparation, Revan would definitely win. Thought-bomb Kun's ass.
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Revan's practically harmless to physical!Kun at the end of 3.0.
You knew what I meant. roll eyes (sarcastic) "Dark" Revan is actually classified as Revan Reborn also, oddly.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Lets b fare tho kun>vader as a focal point of darkness/power in Luke's o so that means Kun>Vader which means Kun=Revan

The Merchant
I completely forgot that Revan's power was amplified by what he was trying to do with bringing back the Emperor and such. So him rag-dolling the Strike team and giving them a difficult match shouldn't be his overall power. So yeah, I think Kun can win unless Revan is at that level of power.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by The Merchant
I completely forgot that Revan's power was amplified by what he was trying to do with bringing back the Emperor and such. So him rag-dolling the Strike team and giving them a difficult match shouldn't be his overall power. So yeah, I think Kun can win unless Revan is at that level of power.
1.) The Republic and Imperial forces destroyed majority of the temples that harnessed power.
2.) The Sith characters such as Darth Marr and the Emperor's Wrath also benefit from this marginal nexus.
3.) Satele Shan was using Battle Meditation during the fight, which is stated to "greatly" enhance the team's combat abilities.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Lets b fare tho kun>vader as a focal point of darkness/power in Luke's o so that means Kun>Vader which means Kun=Revan
To be fair, Luke led Vader to redemption and was Luke's father, and saved him from Sidious. I doubt Luke would look at Vader in quite that same light (or dark).

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Lets still b fare tho Luke put Kun and Palpatine in the same category so Kun=Palpatine

DarthAnt66
For once I try to make a somewhat serious thread. Stop trying to derail it, TheLameOne.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He really didn't differentiate between them in terms of being focal points of darkness and stufz. So Kun=Palpatine. Refute me pls

ares834
Revan. Epic fight though and I see it being quite close.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I thought u thought revan lolslaughterhousestomps kun ares

The Merchant
But wouldn't Revan still have the majority of the energies needed to resurrect Vitiate? I'm not saying they're on the Temples therefore everyone gets the same boost. Revan was cultivating power for some time and should technically still have more power than what he usually has.

ares834
I thought u thought revan lolslaughterhousestomps kun ares

Did I say that? Lol, must of been trolling.

Nephthys
And Satele hadn't started using BM when the big TK feat took place.

ares834
But wouldn't Revan still have the majority of the energies needed to resurrect Vitiate? I'm not saying they're on the Temples therefore everyone gets the same boost. Revan was cultivating power for some time and should technically still have more power than what he usually has.

He was using a machine to resurrect Vitiate.

DarthAnt66
I see you have no knowledge on the expansion, which is okay. Revan was going to resurrect Vitiate by activating a doomsday device that would destroy all life on Yavin IV besides the ones safely inside the device. The death would then nourish Vitiate enough to return for Revan to theoretically kill him. It had nothing to do with Revan gathering energies. By the final battle, the temple where Revan planned to do his ritual was bombed and destroyed anyway. Along with the temple, numerous other focal points of power were also destroyed. They basically nerfed Yavin IV to prevent Revan doing anything drastic.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by ares834
Did I say that? Lol, must of been trolling.

so u must agree Revan>kun=palpatine right

ares834
so u must agree Revan>kun=palpatine right

Revan>Kun=Palpatine>Vitiate

yes

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Very intriguing sir i truly tip my hat to you

tbh

The Merchant
Oh I see. Then I go for Revan taking this then.

AncientPower
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Exar Kun never used drain in a combat situation. His draining of the Massassi was an entire ritual.

This is incorrect:

Drained from thousands of Massassi sacrifices.. the power is rising. The ritual begun.. Sith power objects unleashed! Even as the Jedi approach, Exar Kun prepares himself to unleash his powerful spirit.. to shed the chains of his mortal body and run rampant throughout the cosmos!
- Tales of the Jedi

Kun drained the Massassi then the ritual began. He also did this previously without any ritual, draining the spirits of thousands of Massassi children, this is how he created the Golden Globe.

DarthAnt66
Exar Kun made preparations for the ritual, as evidence by panels showing him holding maps that tell him how to complete the ritual.
Secondly, it is not as if Exar Kun raised his hand and they all died. He strapped himself down to a immense focus of darkside energy before hand.
http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/17/73/92/12/kun_dr10.jpg
Note how the sacrifices aren't even killed in that panel. They are still gathered around, ready to die. Your interpretation of the scene is fallacious.
So yes, I consider this degree of preparation and use of outside elements as an act of a Sith ritual. It's obviously not like he can do it in combat situation.

AncientPower
His preparations consisted of scrolls on how to unleash his spirit and gathering the massassi, the drain feat is secondary to the ritual.

He drains the Massassi first and then he begins the ritual, which consists of charged the Sith Apparatus, the thing he is strapped to and then unleashes his spirit because of it.

It is consistent with his constructing the Dark Reaper a mass drain superweapon and his constructing the Golden Globe.

It is far from fallacious it is backed by more than just interpretations which your's is. However mine has prior supporting evidence.

DarthAnt66
Incorrect. I encourage you to learn more about Exar Kun before participating in debates.

"A powerful, but single entity, Kun could not hope to withstand the coordinated strike, so he hatched a plan with his remaining Massassi, chaining himself to the focal points of the great pyramids he had constructed to collect dark energy. Sapping the Massassi' life-force as the Jedi assailed his stronghold, his final act of Sith sorcery infused his spirit within the temple."
-- and --
"Kun knew the Jedi forces were coming. Alone, he could not possibly withstand the combined Force powers of the Jedi--but he had one last plan to launch. Kun gathered the remaining Massassi into the Great Temple and chained himself at the focal points of the pyramids. Exar Kun drained the power from all of his loyal Massassi slaves, triggering a final wave of Sith sorcery that liberated his spirit and preserved it inside the giant structures."

According to these two canonical accounts, along with really all other canon works. Exar Kun...
1.) Prepared for the ritual studying Sith scrolls.
2.) Gathered the Massassi into the Great Temple
3.) Chained himself to a focal point of darkside energy.
4.) Drained the Massassi, which triggered his transformation.

DarthAnt66
Another supporter of the above text, by the way, is Star Wars: The New Essential Chronology which was published in 2005 (very recent compared to most of Kun's works).
It declares basically exactly what I said. That Kun drained the Massassi after he strapped himself to the pyramid of power. This doesn't count as a combat feat at all, really.

ILS
Kun wins via drain

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
Kun wins via drain

DarthAnt66
Obvious spite comment is obvious spite comment. erm
Come on Nephthys, and you yell at me for saying Zannah dies?

AncientPower
Incorrect. I encourage you to learn more about Exar Kun before participating in debates.

"A powerful, but single entity, Kun could not hope to withstand the coordinated strike, so he hatched a plan with his remaining Massassi, chaining himself to the focal points of the great pyramids he had constructed to collect dark energy. Sapping the Massassi' life-force as the Jedi assailed his stronghold, his final act of Sith sorcery infused his spirit within the temple."
-- and --
"Kun knew the Jedi forces were coming. Alone, he could not possibly withstand the combined Force powers of the Jedi--but he had one last plan to launch. Kun gathered the remaining Massassi into the Great Temple and chained himself at the focal points of the pyramids. Exar Kun drained the power from all of his loyal Massassi slaves, triggering a final wave of Sith sorcery that liberated his spirit and preserved it inside the giant structures."

According to these two canonical accounts, along with really all other canon works. Exar Kun...
1.) Prepared for the ritual studying Sith scrolls.
2.) Gathered the Massassi into the Great Temple
3.) Chained himself to a focal point of darkside energy.
4.) Drained the Massassi, which triggered his transformation.

No need for insults but I expected little more.

Both of those quotes support my stance not contradict.

DarthAnt66
Except, they don't, as evidenced to your one sentence reply.
Your argument: Kun strapped himself after draining Massassi.
Quotes statement: Kun strapped himself before draining Massassi.
Plus the fact he strapped himself down to an immense nexus designed for that stuff.

By the way, TNEC uses directly the word "then" to describe the difference:
Paraphrase: Kun did this. The Jedi came, so then Kun did this.

ares834
Obvious spite comment is obvious spite comment. erm
Come on Nephthys, and you yell at me for saying Zannah dies?

He just mad that Revan>HoT is confirmed.

ILS
Originally posted by AncientPower
No need for insults but I expected little more.

Both of those quotes support my stance not contradict. thumb up

DarthAnt66
ILS's trolling abilities are beginning to rival Stigma's. I sense great potential in you.

AncientPower
Except him strapping himself to the apparatus is not the point of debate, he drains the Massassi first which then empowers the apparatus unleashing his spirit from his body.

The ritual is essence transfer, Kun references this in the Jedi Academy trilogy.

You are also pointedly ignoring both of his prior drain feats, please recognize them instead of pretending they don't exist as they seriously contradict your interpretation.

DarthAnt66
Except him strapping himself to the apparatus is not the point of debate
*looks around* That's what I was discussing. And I accept your concession on it.

he drains the Massassi first which then empowers the apparatus unleashing his spirit from his body.
The apparatus was already an immensely powerful focal point of dark side energies.

The ritual is essence transfer, Kun references this in the Jedi Academy trilogy.
I love how Exar Kun needs a huge ceremony just to do what Revan does with ease:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_medium/11114/111140132/4253887-revan+sayen.gif

You are also pointedly ignoring both of his prior drain feats, please recognize them instead of pretending they don't exist as they seriously contradict your interpretation.
The fact I don't remember them either means they were laughable or as a ghost (his ghost feats are not being considered in the fight.)

Nephthys

Yes, I am super mad. I've slipped into the fabled blackdeath trance of the woegothics, quaking all the while in the bloodeldritch throes of the broodfester tongues. I advise the members of my Complacency not to be alarmed, as they chronicle the event in tomes bound in the tanned, writhing flesh of a tortured hellscholar, with runes stroked in the black tears bled from the corruption-weary eyes of fifty thousand imaginary occultists.

But they fail to not be alarmed.

I make a halfhearted attempt to resist the anger. Alas, one is not easily shaken from the broodfester tongues.

They are stubborn throes.

Emperordmb
Wait wait wait... Revan merging with himself is what is being passed off as essence transfer?

carthage

ares834
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Wait wait wait... Revan merging with himself is what is being passed off as essence transfer?

Revan>Bane essence transfer.

Not surprising though as Revan>Bane at everything.

carthage
Bane needed Revan to do anything to be honest, Bane without Revan would be even more mediocre than he already is

DarthAnt66
Well, off to bed. Cya guys. Ancient, if you respond, I'll respond to you tomorrow afternoon like 4pm ET.

Fated Xtasy
Revan>Bane essence transfer.

Not surprising though as Revan>Bane at everything.

Nope. even if that were true, there's one thing that Bane surpasses Revan on - Saber skill. smokin'

But in keeping with the rules the OP stated, i'll stop derailing the thread and stay on topic.

Force powers is a bit hard to gauge, so i'm not touching that. But sabers definitely goes to Kun.

carthage
Bane has never beaten anyone above Bastila or Malak, he is a mediocre duelist who only beat Sirak and Fohargh after getting stomped by both. Bane doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Revan, other than to say he needed Revan's knowledge or he'd be useless.

AncientPower
*looks around* That's what I was discussing.

The apparatus was already an immensely powerful focal point of dark side energies.

I love how Exar Kun needs a huge ceremony just to do that when Revan does it with ease:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_medium/11114/111140132/4253887-revan+sayen.gif

The fact I don't remember them either means they were laughable or as a ghost (his ghost feats are not being considered in the fight.)

Kun constructed all of the temples in the first place as focal points for HIS power:

"Kun seems to have built his primary Stronghold on this jungle moon. He enslaved the Massassi race to build all these temples as focal points for his power."
- Jedi Academy Trilogy Volume 3 - Champions of the Force

Exar Kun had no one to directly transfer to as was his original plan but the wall of light trapped his essence forcing him to latch onto his temples

You really should learn just to admit when you don't know, The Golden Sphere:

He invented a glowing golden sphere that trapped the children of the Massassi and allowed him to feed off their energies.
- The New Essential Chronology

The Dark Reaper:

Exar Kun had also constructed a Sith superweapon, the Dark Reaper, that was capable of drawing in the life energies of thousands of combatants. Ulic unleashed the Dark Reaper against hundreds of Republic troops on the outpost of Raxus Prime.
- The New Essential Chronology

As you can see Exar Kun is a top tier practitioner of Drain.

Sinious
Kun wins. They're comparable in the force. Revan seems to have more raw power and Kun's got some very deadly tricks he could use against Revan. Since it would be a good fight in the force, Kun's superior saber skills should give him the victory. Its obviously a close fight though.

ares834
As you can see Exar Kun is a top tier practitioner of Drain.

No, I really can't. Not a single one of those mentions him using drain on his own while not amped or using some weird power that frankly seems utterly useless in a fight.

And just because he may have created the dark reaper (contradicting sources FTW) does not necessarily mean he can use the power on a whim.

Originally posted by carthage
Bane has never beaten anyone above Bastila or Malak, he is a mediocre duelist who only beat Sirak and Fohargh after getting stomped by both. Bane doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Revan, other than to say he needed Revan's knowledge or he'd be useless.

thumb up

NTJack0
Revan loses.

AncientPower
No, I really can't. Not a single one of those mentions him using drain on his own while not amped or using some weird power that frankly seems utterly useless in a fight.

And just because he may have created the dark reaper (contradicting sources FTW) does not necessarily mean he can use the power on a whim.

thumb up

Provide evidence where Kun was amped, his temples act as focal points for his power not the other way around.

His drain feats are of his own power, provide me evidence to the contrary.

ares834
his temples act as focal points for his power not the other way around.

You mean by a quote that is factually incorrect and appears to be in-universe?

AncientPower
Multiple quotes and yes I know the Dark Reaper in earlier works is stated to date back earlier.

ares834
You've only shown one quote that states the temples were focus points for his power. A quote that is factually incorrect.

Anyway, even if they are solely focusing his power that would be considered an amp as they allow him to focus it in ways he couldn't before (otherwise why use them).

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Emperordmb

Yes LOL

AncientPower

ares834
The temples focus force power whether Exar Kun's or just the force in general, it's an amp.

Plus Ant's first quote shows that the object that Kun strapped himself "collects dark energy"...

Edit: Although, admittedly, that too looks to be an outdated source.

AncientPower
Focusing a force user and amplifying their powers are two different things.

The Sith Apparatus is what he was empowering in the first place to unleash his essence.

ares834
Semantics really. Either way, he has only been shown capable of performing drain when strapped to the focusing point.

AncientPower
He performed drain to create the Golden Sphere, draining and trapping Massassi children inside it, further using it later to drain energy from, so two drain feats in one. Let us not forget the Dark Reaper.

ares834
Neither of which proof he can use it. One is some esoteric power that is frankly little use in this fight and that we don't know how it specifically works.

The other is some tech. Just because he may have created it doesn't mean he can use the power himself.

AncientPower
Proof it's an esoteric power? He used drain to trap the Massassi and later used them as a source of energy to drain from.

The Dark Reaper would regardless require immense knowledge and alchemical mastery to create and drain would have to play an integral part. Don't lowball it.

ares834
"Proof it's an esoteric power?" What? From what I've seen, only Exar Kun has used it that's pretty much the definition of esoteric...

Again, what? You were using this as evidence to prove that Exar Kun could use drain. I merely pointed out it means little in that regard.

Emperordmb
Didn't Naga Sadow create it?

AncientPower
@Ares It's Force Drain, he both created the Golden Globe and used it via Force Drain, read the book.

It would require mastery of alchemy and immense knowledge of the drain technique.

Exar Kun has the full knowledge of Naga Sadow and Freedon Nadd which includes the entire lore of the Ancient Sith and every technique in the TOTJ Companion sourcebook which BTW includes Drain.

@Emperordmb that was retconned by numerous statements referring to Kun as it's creator.

ares834
I'm not going to waste my time reading that book. If you have proof that he created it with drain, post it. So far all I've seen is that "allowed him to feed off their energies."

And having knowledge of a technique does not mean he could use it. I mean, Revan too had knowledge of it. Doesn't mean I'm going to say he can use it at will and in combat.

And was it? The KotOR campaign guide mentions the Dark Repear being used in the GHW. That's a newer source than the New Essential chronology.

AncientPower
I'm not going to waste my time reading that book. If you have proof that he created it with drain, post it. So far all I've seen is that "allowed him to feed off their energies."

And having knowledge of a technique does not mean he could use it. I mean, Revan too had knowledge of it. Doesn't mean I'm going to say he can use it at will and in combat.

And was it? The KotOR campaign guide mentions the Dark Repear being used in the GHW. That's a newer source than the New Essential chronology.

It is in the book, he uses drain regardless.

During the Sith War, Exar Kun constructed the super-weapon known as Dark Reaper.
- Jedi vs Sith The Essential Guide to the Force

ares834
Still an older source. In-universe as well.

The Merchant
Yeah, I recall it being created during the Great Hyperspace War. No one in particular made it though.

Emperordmb
Book of the Sith also says Kun made it.

Revanchiste
Revan learn zhii-co like verybody.... Makazhi but never finzih hiz training with thiz form but know how to do precize and quick ztrike and be inventive in hiz light zaber form.
Witha taru zorezu he iz good he know the form and the methode very well and he uze ataru to run or dazh or jump on hiz oppoent to kill them before they can react.

Form V Djem zo waz learned by him zelf it'z juzt an application of zorezu with Makazhi and ataru ztrike uzing to counter attacK.... He relie heavly on mental and phyzichal zpeed to counter attack and alzo ztrengh to pare with eaze...

He alzo learn zhien by himzelf with force knowledge....

Zith niman but forget it he never recover hiz zith niman inztead he relearn a perzonalize technic learn byhimzelf with again force knowledge him and Laek learned from the zith the Yuyo but Revan don't uze it becauze he don't really like the loozing the control azpect....

And he learn Jar'kai and know how to be inventiv with it.... Zo?
I think that give Revan a good light zaber zkill? Hum? Battle mazter !!!!

There technic where he know how to apply, with hiz ataru ruzh for example thiz iz a trick maztered at th eperfection (and he reuze-it in hiz zhien...) And he have alzo hiz form V wich an application of a lot of trick than he know...

Force zkill he have inzane variaty of zkill, and quazi all hiz zkill totamuniz etc are the upper verzion o of Yoda one... Exept TK but Yoda have a very zlighly edge...

Board Walker
There needs to be a new name for Revan as of the expansion, because Revan Reborn is the name for Revan post of SWOTOR.

DarthAnt66
The Dark Repaer was constructed by the ancient Sith during the Great Hyperspace War according to KotORCG.
Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 78 states then specifically it was Naga Sadow who made it, apparently.
That being said, I find it certainly hilarious you are denying Exar Kun's powers were greatly amplified. Makes me question life, quite frankly.
By the way, I will respond to your post when I get home later today.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by carthage
thumb up Bane hate is contagious, it seems.

Nephthys
Seriously? erm

DarthAnt66
Just kidding, kinda. Unknown to most, the first Bane novel is my favorite book ever tied with Snot Stew. wink
EDIT: Oo, probably also going to put the first Warriors book by Erin Hunter among my ultimate favorites.

ares834
sick

Nephthys
I think you just actually made me respect you less with that, Ant. sad

DarthAnt66
Books about cats being awesome = life.
Way better then the dreadful Dark Rendezvous and Plagueis, at least.

Revanchiste
"Revan used that moment to unleash a sidearm throw of his lightsaber. The blade went spinning out in a wide arcing path that ended both their lives before they could move."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV-C9qBaYA

I have compared every abilitiez.... And Revan have mozt imprezziv abilitiez like the tranfer'z ezzence, he take care of never need to uze it... He begin to learn it after than Malak try to kill him....

And for the Dark Reapeur :
http://www.starwars-holonet.com/encyclopedie/arme-darkreaper.html

Revanchiste
I've zee one of Revan Jark'ai technic taking of blade forward and handeling it with zome weak makazhi ztyle, with the other blade hidden behind him with a zhien zo grip. He ezquive pare dodge keep the diztance and zome time zpin to brutaly attack with the other blade. He change the grip while he attack with it wtice fore more reach and kinetic power. It doez zhien ztandard grip zhien grip.....

S_W_LeGenD
Good fight.

Most likely, Revan will defeat Exar Kun.

DarthAnt66
Provide me an actual statement saying he was amped to perform these feats.
Descriptions of the nexus of energy in the Sith Temples:

1.) "Great power is locked in these temples."
―Freedon Nadd (Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith)

2.) "Tremendous energies are concentrated in these half-ruined temples."
--Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi- Dark Lords of the Sith 4
---- ---- ----
Basic descriptions of how these nexus' are used:

1.) "The Massassi built huge temples of ancient Sith design to focus great dark side energies."
--The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

2.) "When the Dark Jedi Exar Kun arrived to Yavin 4, he enslaved the Massassi and forced them to construct new temples as focal points for Sith power."
--The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

3.) "Centuries later, a young Sith initiate named Exar Kun enslaved the Massassi, and forced them to construct temples as focal points of Sith power."
--The Official Star Wars Databanks
---- ---- ----
Official description of a Force nexus in an environment:

1.) "These strange locales emanated the dark side of the Force, and were considered focal points of power for dark side users."
--Star Wars The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
---- ---- ----
Key concepts proven canonical by the quotes above:

1.) The Massassi created the Ancient Sith Temples without aid of Exar Kun. It contained dark side power, not his own power.
2.) The Ancient Sith Temples were locked, immensely powerful nexus' specialized in focusing dark side Force users' powers.
3.) Exar Kun used the central focal point of power during his ritual, granting him tremendous extra dark side power to draw off of.

NewGuy01
A group of mediocre Jedi in a Force Meld used the temples to push away Star Destroyers. Does that answer your question?

DarthAnt66
So? Exar Kun can drain the Star Destroyers without the nexus' because he was rumored to have created some Terentatek. Duh.

Revanchiste
The problem for Kun againzt Revan iz to play bitchey with him.... Revan have unorthodox methodz.... And if he bring Revan to a nexuz.... Revan can uze it too... XD !!!

AncientPower
Now those are some genuine statements which I asked for in the first place.

Force Drain is far from Kun's central repertoire however.

Revanchiste
In anyway Revan have a good drain too.

DarthAnt66
Now those are some genuine statements which I asked for in the first place.

Force Drain is far from Kun's central repertoire however.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/94/f3/31/94f331dcbab8cdd7cb17e0b98f96a33f.jpg

DarthAnt66
Anyway, any opening arguments for Kun?

Nephthys
Lol opening arguments on page 5.

DarthAnt66
Sign, it seems the thread got a little off track.

Revanchiste
Exept than Kun have have an alertantive to froce drain thank to hiz zorcery zkillz....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.