Whor vs Angela

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Go!

carver9
Whor wins.

One_Angry_Scot
Female Thor I reckon she's gathering seem good showings.

Especially today with the whole tearing through a Vibranium door laced with Adamantium.

Stoic
Angela would cut her head off with ease. She's faster, and a far better fighter (going by feats). What she may lack in brute strength is made up for in experience.

LordofBrooklyn
Whoever wins the Odinson dies in the conflict!

Sin I AM
Whor? Really id?

carver9
Lol

Khazra Reborn
Ideally, they both kill eachother, then the Thor books can go back to how they were a year ago.

krisblaze
^this

celeyhyga17
Angela for now.

Stoic
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Ideally, they both kill eachother, then the Thor books can go back to how they were a year ago.

I think the idea of a female Thor is pretty good. I just dislike the idea that anyone that picks up the hammer has to be dressed similar to the original Thor. The way that they look should reflect their soul. Angela has nothing to do with Thor other than being his sister. They can go any direction with the character. Angela is an original concept that was not taken from any character from Marvel. I dislike the idea that they made her an Asgardian (no offense to anyone). They could have gone in a different direction. She could have been Dormammu's nemesis, and it probably would have be received better by most readers.

As it is, Angela should go back to her roots, and stick with the GOTG.

marwash22
Ideally, they both kill eachother, then the Thor books can go back to how they were a year ago. u seem upset.

is fem-Thor that bad, or do you just not like the change on principle?

I can understand that 'cause i don't like that they changed Wally in the new 52.

krisblaze
Its probably to do with the fact that its a PC push, we already have a female Thor, it postpones Thor stories and WE LITERALLY JUST GOT DONE WITH Taurus being the "new Thor".

Khazra Reborn
Honestly, I don't give a shit who wields Mjolnir, whether it be a human woman, or a three headed purple man from jerkola in the reticulum galaxy. I read Thor stories for Thor, not whoever the Hell has his hammer, and I can't stand the fact that he doesn't have his own book any more and he's playing second fiddle to some crappy attempt to please hairy pitted feminists, and social justice warriors.

DarkSaint85
Are we sticking with 'Whor' then????

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Are we sticking with 'Whor' then????

Only if you somehow lack respect for women.

krisblaze
^lol please

SamZED
She-Name is even more offensive, no? At least Whor is its own name rather than an extension of somebody else's.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by SamZED
She-Name is even more offensive, no? At least Whor is its own name rather than an extension of somebody else's.

It's offensive. Period

celeyhyga17
Honestly, I don't give a shit who wields Mjolnir, whether it be a human woman, or a three headed purple man from jerkola in the reticulum galaxy. I read Thor stories for Thor, not whoever the Hell has his hammer, and I can't stand the fact that he doesn't have his own book any more and he's playing second fiddle to some crappy attempt to please hairy pitted feminists, and social justice warriors.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-n2RsJH8s5Yc/TeqOjKYhl7I/AAAAAAAADD8/3OThuDSFhtw/s1600/lol-why-you-mad-tho.jpg

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by SamZED

Or, we call her Thor.

The Thor as depicted by Hemsworth, with the beard and the missing arm, is now running around being called 'Odinson'.

Can't we just do that? So not She-Thor, or Shor, or Whor....

Gecko4lif
Or, we call her Thor.

The Thor as depicted by Hemsworth, with the beard and the missing arm, is now running around being called 'Odinson'.

Can't we just do that? So not She-Thor, or Shor, or Whor....
No. Whor is too catchy

Also by extension the character is worthy of no respect since she came about through the utter ****ing of one of marvels best headliners. I shall not support that decision

basilisk
Originally posted by Stoic
I think the idea of a female Thor is pretty good. I just dislike the idea that anyone that picks up the hammer has to be dressed similar to the original Thor. The way that they look should reflect their soul. Angela has nothing to do with Thor other than being his sister. They can go any direction with the character. Angela is an original concept that was not taken from any character from Marvel. I dislike the idea that they made her an Asgardian (no offense to anyone). They could have gone in a different direction. She could have been Dormammu's nemesis, and it probably would have be received better by most readers.

As it is, Angela should go back to her roots, and stick with the GOTG.

Dormammu's nemesis? Something along those lines wouldn't have been a bad idea. I really hate the whole Angela Asgardian thing.

Anyway, with Mjolnir back Whor/She-Thor whatever wins.

zopzop
Only if you somehow lack respect for women.
Whor it is then!

In all seriousness, she looks like she's about to stomp Thor sad

Whor ftw.

Stoic
Originally posted by basilisk
Dormammu's nemesis? Something along those lines wouldn't have been a bad idea. I really hate the whole Angela Asgardian thing.

Anyway, with Mjolnir back Whor/She-Thor whatever wins.

The hammer does not equal win. Battle experience does. This new Thor does not have any kind of prolonged combat training, and written properly should get her behind beaten, and schooled in the art of war by a proven warrior. You don't just outfight Gamora by luck. This isn't Bat Woman that we are talking about here. Angela possesses a good deal of super human stats. If Thor missed, which is likely, she would be open to losing her head.

jsmith08
the good news is that to pump her up, Marvel's given Thor's best strength showing in years, maybe ever. Even with her "Thor-power" fading, she crushed and bent adamantium to pry open doors that are essentially gigantic versions of cap's shield. doors with her bare hands. With mjolnir in hand she blew the doors, built to be unbreakable, right off their hinges.

Stoic
We don't know how much damage, or what effect Malekith's magics had on those doors though. It wasn't as if she punched a hole in the doors or anything, she pried them open. This also has nothing to do with combat ability.

basilisk
The hammer does not equal win. Battle experience does. This new Thor does not have any kind of prolonged combat training, and written properly should get her behind beaten, and schooled in the art of war by a proven warrior. You don't just outfight Gamora by luck. This isn't Bat Woman that we are talking about here. Angela possesses a good deal of super human stats. If Thor missed, which is likely, she would be open to losing her head.
Well, with hammer back I just mean at full power, since she was without the hammer for a bit.

Agreed regarding battle experience. But I just have a feeling that they will put She-Thor's showings quite high for the time being because she has just been introduced. I really don't expect Thor to win any upcoming fight with her.

DarkSaint85

Meh, her Mjolnir seems to take over and give her the experience needed.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by basilisk
Well, with hammer back I just mean at full power, since she was without the hammer for a bit.

Agreed regarding battle experience. But I just have a feeling that they will put She-Thor's showings quite high for the time being because she has just been introduced. I really don't expect Thor to win any upcoming fight with her.
thumb up

It's obvious she's getting the "introduction" treatment.

Stoic
Gamora ran through heroes, and made them look like they were first rank amateurs, she bull dogged Ronan into the ground, and nearly had him fighting for his life before she dropped him. Thanos has proven that he has the reflex speed to stop the attempted bull rush of the Fallen One, an ex herald of Galactus, but was incapable of laying a finger on Gamora. She nearly beat the hell out of Maxim, but when she went up against Angela, she IMO was on the losing end of the exchange.

This female Thor does not have any kind of battle experience, and if she does defeat the original Thor with his own hammer it does not mean that she would beat Angela. Thor is a good fighter, but he is more of a brawler than Angela, who employed agility, skill, and hard experience in her battle showings. Angela written properly would school a character that going by history is nothing without the power of Thor. Power does not mean that you are going to win a battle against a skilled opponent. Who was this female Thor before she picked up the hammer? A UPS/Fedex worker? School Teacher? Secretary? You guys get what I'm saying?

DarkSaint85
Who was this female Thor before she picked up the hammer? A UPS/Fedex worker? School Teacher? Secretary? You guys get what I'm saying?

A SHIELD agent.

Stoic
A SHIELD agent.

Does this mean that if you gave her class 75 strength or slightly better that she would be able to contend with Gamora? If Ms Marvel (Captain Marvel) fought Gamora it woul be one sided. Gamora would assess her abilities on the fly, get in close and drop her. It's awesome when a character has pure skill, but when they have pure skill and super human stats, they become monsters. Angela is monstrous for her weight class. I wouldn't expect more than Angela being hit by more than glancing blows if at all against the female Thor. No one can deny Gamora's fighting skills. She put heroes down with nerve strikes while using a minimum of her skills. Again Angela had her beat.

maxivitopowe
I thought Angela was the new Thor?

Stoic
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
I thought Angela was the new Thor?

Nah she's his sister.

krisblaze
Does this mean that if you gave her class 75 strength or slightly better that she would be able to contend with Gamora? If Ms Marvel (Captain Marvel) fought Gamora it woul be one sided. Gamora would assess her abilities on the fly, get in close and drop her. It's awesome when a character has pure skill, but when they have pure skill and super human stats, they become monsters. Angela is monstrous for her weight class. I wouldn't expect more than Angela being hit by more than glancing blows if at all against the female Thor. No one can deny Gamora's fighting skills. She put heroes down with nerve strikes while using a minimum of her skills. Again Angela had her beat.
You're attributing Angela with so much nonsense that she's never proven to be capable of.

When Thor was serious he absolutely stomped her, even after constant torture.

DarkSaint85
No, its someone else.

Stoic
Originally posted by krisblaze
You're attributing Angela with so much nonsense that she's never proven to be capable of.

When Thor was serious he absolutely stomped her, even after constant torture.

The original Thor has extensive combat experience. This new Thor does not. Angela fought Gamora up close, and over matched her. The only nonsense I detect here is giving an unseasoned average Shield agent the win over an ancient warrior, or pretending that it would be close. Context states that Angela wasn't just an average warrior among a warrior race, but that she was the best of them. Her battle with Gamora shows this.

-K-M-
Well the hammer was on the moon and the person who grabbed it didn't exactly have a protective suit so I'd be surprised if she was a regular human. We shall see though

Stoic
Originally posted by -K-M-
Well the hammer was on the moon and the person who grabbed it didn't exactly have a protective suit so I'd be surprised if she was a regular human. We shall see though

Wasn't it the area of the Moon that was close to where the Inhumans lived? I thought that there were certain parts of the Marvel Moon of canon that could sustain human life? The Blue area or something to that extent. It couldn't have been far, because I also thought that Uatu's base was close to where the Inhumans lived.

-K-M-
Wasn't it the area of the Moon that was close to where the Inhumans lived? I thought that there were certain parts of the Marvel Moon of canon that could sustain human life? The Blue area or something to that extent. It couldn't have been far, because I also thought that Uatu's base was close to where the Inhumans lived.

Not sure. Have to check. The hammer did drop near the base but that went kablamo after when nick whispered in thors ear. Shouldn't be an atmosphere there, but who knows.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ugh, I'm so sick of these two publicity stunts being thrust into the Thor mythos.

I'm all for female representation and all that shit, but get your own goddamn comic book.

Also, Whor wins. Angela has gotten a power boost since her original Guardians of the Galaxy appearances (Not that she was any slouch then) because she's apparently Asgardian now (Like being able to fly and super speed) but she still stands no real chance against a Thor.

Sure she's fast but that's not really much use when your opponent can do this:
http://s10.postimg.org/qdeg40ph1/Thor_002_008.jpghttp://s10.postimg.org/avqy0bj05/Thor_002_009.jpg

Or has aoe lightning:
http://s10.postimg.org/n7tudt6ut/Thor_002_010.jpghttp://s8.postimg.org/j7lqb6itt/Thor_002_011.jpg

And with those advantages gone, the massive strength and power capabilities of Whor are way too much.

Not sure what all this talk of lack of battle experience Stoic is going on about when the transformation is apparently giving her all the capabilities and knowledge she needs.

The chick can fight even without Mjolnir as the recent issue made clear.

At the end of the day, both are shoe-horned concepts into the Thor mythos but Angela's win against Thor was explained away as him being tired, not really trying and being taken off guard and as it stands, this fake Whor is a bigger deal right now.

I just really want old Loki to come back and kill these two shits so we can pretend it never happened. Didn't think I'd ever want the original status quo back.

DarkSaint85
Don't hold back, you're in a safe zone now.

Galan007
Angela speedblitzes Whor. thumb up

Stoic
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Ugh, I'm so sick of these two publicity stunts being thrust into the Thor mythos.

I'm all for female representation and all that shit, but get your own goddamn comic book.

Also, Whor wins. Angela has gotten a power boost since her original Guardians of the Galaxy appearances (Not that she was any slouch then) because she's apparently Asgardian now (Like being able to fly and super speed) but she still stands no real chance against a Thor.

Sure she's fast but that's not really much use when your opponent can do this:
http://s10.postimg.org/qdeg40ph1/Thor_002_008.jpghttp://s10.postimg.org/avqy0bj05/Thor_002_009.jpg

Or has aoe lightning:
http://s10.postimg.org/n7tudt6ut/Thor_002_010.jpghttp://s8.postimg.org/j7lqb6itt/Thor_002_011.jpg

And with those advantages gone, the massive strength and power capabilities of Whor are way too much.

Not sure what all this talk of lack of battle experience Stoic is going on about when the transformation is apparently giving her all the capabilities and knowledge she needs.

The chick can fight even without Mjolnir as the recent issue made clear.

At the end of the day, both are shoe-horned concepts into the Thor mythos but Angela's win against Thor was explained away as him being tired, not really trying and being taken off guard and as it stands, this fake Whor is a bigger deal right now.

I just really want old Loki to come back and kill these two shits so we can pretend it never happened. Didn't think I'd ever want the original status quo back.

Thor (female) was fighting a bunch of slow moving no name Frost Giants that do not have any true combat feats. In other words they were cannon fodder to lull the reader into seeing something that wasn't there. Gaining the power of Thor does not automatically make the receiver a genius when it comes to the art of war. On one hand you have a proven ancient warrior, that happens to be the best warrior out of a race of warriors. On the other hand, you have an ex Shield Agent that was never stated to be top brass in anything.

Just having power does not somehow equal win, and adding Thor's name to the mix doesn't somehow replace actual combat skill, or automatically grant genius level combat tactics. What we have here is just another Eric Masterson with boobs. She has the power to be a real threat, but what happens when she misses the mark? Debating the probability of Angela coming out on top is more plausible, than giving Thor the win based on the idea that she got a power up bonus. It's like saying that if you mind wiped the worlds greatest martial artist with someone that had a marginal level of ability, that they would be at the same level. They wouldn't be. They would just be in a body capable of fighting at a high level. Capable being the important word here. Knowledge is more important than pure power. At lest it does in this case, when you come to realize that Angela has super human stats, mixed in with enough combat ability to push Gamora to the brink.

zom1967
Wasn't it the area of the Moon that was close to where the Inhumans lived? I thought that there were certain parts of the Marvel Moon of canon that could sustain human life? The Blue area or something to that extent. It couldn't have been far, because I also thought that Uatu's base was close to where the Inhumans lived. I`m sorry but a female Thor is ludicris to me,and am shocked that it happened,it is a discrase to the real thor.And really pisses me off!

krisblaze
}It already happened way back.

Golgo13
Toss up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.