Revan Runs the Saber Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
This thread is created for me to gauge where people rank Revan's saber abilities.
Soon I will begin to make an updated, expanded, and revised version of my Revan's combat blog.

W. Fohargh
1. The Sha'Gi
2. Darth Ruyn
3. Ki-Adi Mundi
4. Qui-Gon Jinn
5. Shaak Ti
6. Asajj Ventress
7. Obi-Wan Kenobi
8. Jaina Solo
9. Cade Skywalker
10. Mace Windu
B. Anakin Skywalker

NewGuy01
Who the **** is Darth Ruym?

DarthAnt66
Falls at 9 imo. And fixed, Sas.

NewGuy01
I would assume he falls around the 7-ish range. Also, Cade> Kenobi in sabers? Heh.

Fated Xtasy
Without rest I doubt he makes it past Shaak Ti or Qui-Gon. These are top notch duelists after all.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Without rest I doubt he makes it past Shaak Ti or Qui-Gon. These are top notch duelists after all.
Trolling isn't allowed, sorry.

NewGuy01
I'm assuming this is with rest.

ILS
Stops at 6, Jinn should be above Ti.

Nephthys
Originally posted by NewGuy01

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ILS
Stops at 6/B]
Lawl, okay. We are still at this phase, I see. Disappointing.

FreshestSlice
Falls at 5.

ILS
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Lawl, okay. We are still at this phase, I see. Disappointing. If it makes you feel better I see Ventress as Kenobi's equal more or less.

Fated Xtasy
I'm not trolling, you, Sas, Dmb and just about everyone in the forum knows how highly i think of Ti and Jinn. And again, you didn't state this was with full rest in-between rounds, so i made the assumption that there was no rest. you're usually very clear on your rules in your threads. Besides, I said without rest. with it, he falls at Kenobi

ares834
7 or 8.

Emperordmb
Falls at 7

NewGuy01
Originally posted by ILS
Jinn should be above Ti.

I dunno about that. Shaak Ti was winning a duel against a Juyo master with "near perfect" skills, and is a master of Makashi and Ataru herself. Supposedly only the best of the Order could contend with her in the dueling ring.

Kenobi should probably be above Cade, though.

|King Joker|
Dies at Kenobi.

DarthAnt66
I'm not trolling, you, Sas, Dmb and just about everyone in the forum knows how highly i think of Ti and Jinn.
I always thought you were trolling/joking. messed

And again, you didn't state this was with full rest in-between rounds
It's implied.

so i made the assumption that there was no rest. you're usually very clear on your rules in your threads
It's late, plus personal issues.

Besides, I said without rest. with it, he falls at Kenobi
We're talking about Revan here, the guy who fought through the Star Forge for over an hour and wouldn't stop even after being killed.

Emperordmb
I dunno about that. Shaak Ti was winning a duel against a Juyo master with "near perfect" skills, and is a master of Makashi and Ataru herself. Supposedly only the best of the Order could contend with her in the dueling ring.
A very impressive resume indeed.

Kenobi should probably be above Cade, though.
thumb up

ILS
I dunno about that. Shaak Ti was winning a duel against a Juyo master with "near perfect" skills, and is a master of Makashi and Ataru herself. Supposedly only the best of the Order could contend with her in the dueling ring. Jinn contended with a far superior Juyo master with real accomplishments under his belt and has humbled one of the best fighters in the Jedi Order whom many considered to have unparalleled skill. I mean, Ti is good and Jinn wouldn't stomp her but I don't think too highly of Galen based off of his "near-perfect" statement alone, and thus I don't see Ti beating him as that great of a feat.

DarthAnt66
No one cares about irrelevant characters like Ti or Jinn. Go make a topic for it. :no2:

Board Walker
Revan stomps this gauntlet. Spite

Fated Xtasy
@DarthAnt66
No, I'm not Joking. Shaak Ti is easily in the top five Jedi of the PT(if we're allowed to take TFU into account that is) and Jinn is hailed as a great swordsmen multiple times(same for Ti) Besides, Liam Neeson might find me and kill me if i don't rank him high.

Ah, well it wasn't implied, but i'll re-evaluate my assessment.

I don't doubt that these Dark Jedi were strong, but what i do doubt is that statement, because it is a guide it really just means that the player would spend hours on the game. Now alright let's ignore that and take it for what it is. revan was fighting for over an hour. Okay, how many of these Jedi were skilled?
Again the Dark Jedi can be powerful, but not as powerful as Grevious, Starkiller, Maul, Anakin, Obi-Wan and so forth. And not to mention we know nothing of how Revan dealt with the Dark Jedi and Troopers, he could have been using the force for all we know.

ILS
*Implying Galen Marek should be ranked alongside those characters as a duelist*

NewGuy01
I told you I would find you.

Fated Xtasy
I told you I would find you.

It's a good thing I ranked you highly. Now take me as your padawan and teach your badass ways!

Emperordmb
Now take me as your padawan and teach your badass ways!
http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/18/99/04/07/screen25.png

NewGuy01
Is that... Dick? Or Bruce?

AncientPower
Originally posted by ILS
Jinn contended with a far superior Juyo master with real accomplishments under his belt and has humbled one of the best fighters in the Jedi Order whom many considered to have unparalleled skill. I mean, Ti is good and Jinn wouldn't stomp her but I don't think too highly of Galen based off of his "near-perfect" statement alone, and thus I don't see Ti beating him as that great of a feat.

How about sparring with VADER and defending successfully against his attacks, attacks that the narrative states would destroy JedI Knights. This being right near the beginning of TFU novel.

ILS
Originally posted by AncientPower
How about sparring with VADER and defending successfully against his attacks, attacks that the narrative states would destroy JedI Knights. This being right near the beginning of TFU novel. This being due to Galen having extensive knowledge of Vader's form, opposed to it being based off of his own skill, which is mentioned in the novel. Nobody ever brings that up, though.

AncientPower
Except being trained by Vader does not equate to anything remotely negative, infact it's an excellent boon to Galen's own feats.

Now I know what is coming next 'Vader sabotaged his training', this argument however directly contradicts the fact he was being trained to kill Sidious, pisspoor training would be contradictory to that goal.

ILS
Yes it does. If Galen wasn't intimately familiar with Vader's fighting style - something most Jedi Knights don't have going for them - he wouldn't have done remotely as well against him as he did. It's why Obi-Wan Kenobi did so well against Anakin on Mustafar, or why Sora Bulq was disarmed by Dooku in one move while he was backed up by Tholme, but dueled Mace Windu on even terms for several pages by himself.

I wasn't even going to say that lol.

AncientPower
Fair enough, but I cannot agree with simply dismissing the feat, defeating Vader solo is still an exceptional feat even considering the circumstances.

ILS
It was also a testament to his physical speed, bare in mind. That's how he scored the winning strike. That combined with his prior knowledge is what makes up the feat, not his skill for the most part. Obviously the guy isn't useless but I see him as at least a couple of tiers below Vader.

AncientPower
Well I disagree completely.

DarthAnt66
@DarthAnt66
No, I'm not Joking. Shaak Ti is easily in the top five Jedi of the PT(if we're allowed to take TFU into account that is) and Jinn is hailed as a great swordsmen multiple times(same for Ti) Besides, Liam Neeson might find me and kill me if i don't rank him high.

Ah, well it wasn't implied, but i'll re-evaluate my assessment.

I don't doubt that these Dark Jedi were strong, but what i do doubt is that statement, because it is a guide it really just means that the player would spend hours on the game. Now alright let's ignore that and take it for what it is. revan was fighting for over an hour. Okay, how many of these Jedi were skilled?
Again the Dark Jedi can be powerful, but not as powerful as Grevious, Starkiller, Maul, Anakin, Obi-Wan and so forth. And not to mention we know nothing of how Revan dealt with the Dark Jedi and Troopers, he could have been using the force for all we know.
And we thought Nephthys was bad...

S_W_LeGenD
Revan dismissed a Jedi-level opponent easily even when his powers proved to be ineffective due to Emperor augmenting his opponent.

Revan's speed, precognitive abilities and combat experience are excellent by Jedi standards.

Arhael
Or with rest.

DarthAnt66
Lol ^ Btw Fated I'll respond once I get home.

S_W_LeGenD
Revan is likely to comfortably dismiss both Qui-Gon Jinn and Shaak Ti, IMO. Real challenge will begin from 7 and above.

Fated Xtasy
Is that... Dick? Or Bruce?

oh wow, it looks a lot like Christian Bale to me.

Also, people underrate the hell of Ki-Adi. the guy has incredible stamina

DarthAnt66
Stop derailing the thread over discussing meaningless pictures posted by trolls. Thank you.

Arhael
oh wow, it looks a lot like Christian Bale to me.

Also, people underrate the hell of Ki-Adi. the guy has incredible stamina
I underrate him for being unable to block blaster fire from few clones.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy oh wow, it looks a lot like Christian Bale to me.

Christian Bale = Bruce (Wayne)

My initial reaction was Nightwing, though, Batman's first apprentice. evil face

Q99

Ruyn is Talon's teacher... which implies skills at teaching to be sure, but not really worth putting on a list.

Emperordmb
@Fated Xtasy @NewGuy1

Yeah, it's Bruce Wayne.

Revanchiste
It have a really random victory at each fight.... Revan fighting ztyle iz polivalent....
And have thiz inzane force boozt wich are uze with zuch eaze inzane zpeed/ztrengh dexterity minimal ztamina wazte.... And Revan fighting ztyle wich ztyle a bit offenziv have no really weaknezzez, and he can alzo witch to zorezu or hiz own Djem zo.... If he need to be more defenziv....

After the correction I will zay 99... But thiz a 4 or 6 /10 for Revan zo thiz make a bifg difference....

He can alzo pazz windu and anakin eazly....

It don't have the level of RotZ Zidiouz... But thiz iz a dueling/warrior/cazter verzion
of Palpa ztyle in early devloppement... It iz devlopped in the zame Idea than Kao Cen Darach.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Revanchiste
It have a really random victory at each fight..

Hwah?

No. just no.

What? so.. Revan has the same style as Sidious and Kao-Cen Darach? messed

Revanchiste
It'z a bit complicated....

Thiz the Idea of Battle mazter level --> mazter of each ztyle.

Chii cho learn az padawan, makazhi begin to learn it with Kreia, keep the Idea inovation dexterity an dinnovation.

Zorezu ataru, Jark'ai. lear in their own way not a lot of perzonalization, exept in ataru acrobaticz and in Jark'ai.
Djem zo learn by himzelf with force knowledge. = zorezu + makazhi ztrike in counter attackz uzing fully all hiz force boozt (becauze Revan doezn't uze them permanantly he uze them when he need and with hiz perco... It provide him zuper)
Later zhien zo. And after niman.. wih iz really randomized... Hiz niman iz quazi a free ztyle with current light zaber technicz + perzonal fencing improovement.

With what Revan learn if he have zeen Zidiouz fight againzt maul and zavage he could with hiz ataru try to reproduce the zame ztyle he have the capacity XD.
He have the uze of force boozt required to do zo and force knowledge....

Needn to be bllodluzted....

But In more General hiz fighting ztyle iz in the zame Idea of Kao Cen darach, but in more open and devlopped in the zame time...

Revan learn alzo during the combat... He uze force knowledge to do zo... And learn on hiz opponent when he iz not zurrounded.... Give thiz + precognition + a great panel and diverze option and tacticz.... NAd you have a nearly perfect duelizt.

Revan can defeat anakin and windu ealy of juzt pie in hiz pant force knowledge and precognition.... And alzo polyvalence.... With zoemone polyvalent az Revan the victory iz more obzcure... Thiz variaty verztility....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9FHa_bNxXVo#t=548

DarthAnt66
Agreed.

Revanchiste
Revan iz really inventive... Thiz iz alzo an other factor but inventivity = a bit random...

Ezpecialy when you have a lot of abilitiez.. Revan even with all thoze abilitiez zee the one which are uzefull....

He get them zometimez when he iz, relying on a cool mind zt or "hiz human natural thinking" wich provide him more inztinct reactivity while keep him clever....
On hiz own philozophy nether zith or Jedi. He think than thiz ztat provide more power and unlock more potential without the blind effectz of dark zid emotionz...

Revanchiste
It'z difficult to zay if Revan win for one rezon... Are the X-factorz going to work?

Marco1907
Stops at Qui-Gon Jinn.

Revanchiste
Zometimez the fight are juzt like thiz :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8ZqX82neg&index=1&list=PLB833073B659FD65A
It'z hard too zee how the too opponent can bring them dow or to zee who'z gonna to break down hiz opponent firzt....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.