Anakin (Full Potential) vs. GM Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Angelalex242
A draw in terms of raw power...who'd win? It is mostly a battle of personality and technique. Perhaps even philosophy.

Trocity
Anakin would win in a fight.

Emperordmb
The Chosen One

Angelalex242
Eh. In Luke's favor, his philosophy more properly embodies the Jedi, and his saber skills surpass his father's, considering even Vader only use 4 forms in his style, where Luke uses all 7. He is also wiser then his father. In a battle of equals, what's in your head and heart decides.

As raw power is pretty close to even...I'm actually in favor of Luke beating dear old dad.

Trocity
You think Luke is twice as powerful as Sids?

Or more powerful I guess since you think he would take full potential Ani?

Angelalex242
Certainly. Mostly on the basis of the comment by Lucas that GM Luke has become everything Anakin was supposed to be. Thus, I consider it a fundamental draw but for philosophy.

GM Luke occasionally suffers from 'Strong As He Needs to Be'...but if Anakin got where he should be going, he'd suffer from that too.

Trocity
I always thought that meant more like he became the Jedi Anakin was supposed to be. I dunno, Luke has enormous feats and skill but I've never thought he was twice as powerful as Sidious, especially when you consider DE feats.

Angelalex242
Well, that's what the thread is for, I suppose. What did Lucas mean by 'achieving all his father should've been' as my thread is based on this being mostly a draw.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
If luke had become all that Anakin would have been , Abeloth wouldn't have been a problem.

Angelalex242
Eh. Aboleth is pretty OP. I'm not convinced Anakin's Full Potential woud've done it better. After all, the corollary of Anakin Full Potential=GM Luke is that GM Luke=Full Potential Anakin

So he'd do no better, and no worse, then his son.

NewGuy01
Anakin just about stomps, though it's not like he would ever have achieved his full potential anyway.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Eh. Aboleth is pretty OP. I'm not convinced Anakin's Full Potential woud've done it better. After all, the corollary of Anakin Full Potential=GM Luke is that GM Luke=Full Potential Anakin

So he'd do no better, and no worse, then his son.
GM Luke doesn't equal full potential Anakin, so this point is moot. Abeloth on the other hand is about on level with the ones, and Anakin was able to overpower two of them at once. Luke can't even compete.

Revanchiste
Anakin....

Trocity
Didn't Luke say Abeloth was like 13 times stronger than him or so?

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Trocity
Didn't Luke say Abeloth was like 13 times stronger than him or so?
Omniscient perspective said a dozen.

NewGuy01
Pretty sure that was from Luke's POV.

Trocity
Yeah, I remember it being Luke's opinion.

Angelalex242
Anakin overpowered 2 of the Ones...on Mortis.

We've never seen what Luke would be like on Mortis. Is there any evidence he could do as well? Fighting Aboleth off Mortis has to be harder then defeating a One on Mortis.

FreshestSlice
The Ones can use Mortis, and there's no proof anyone besides them and Anakin can, so...point?

Angelalex242
What makes you think the ability to use Mortis hasn't been inherited?

It almost feels like if Anakin had become the father...then Luke and Leia may well have been replacement son and replacement daughter. For obvious reasons.

FreshestSlice
It wouldn't matter if using Mortis is inherited, which makes absolutely no sense. He's shown nothing to be comparable to one, let alone two, of the Ones.

Angelalex242
And what makes you think Anakin would do better off Mortis against a One?

Or...perhaps I should phrase it another way. How much of Anakin's Full Potential do you think Luke inherited?

Anakin's potential is twice that of the Emperor as of ROTS or ROTJ. It is unlikely they were talking about the Emperor Reborn, who himself is about...what, 120, 130% of his ROTS/ROTJ self? More?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.