The Ones of Mortis vs Galaxy Vitiate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sinious
Vitiate achieves his ultimate goal with the ritual as the united forces of the empire and the republic fail to stop him.He becomes as powerful as he intends to be and the Ones sense a great disturbance in the force and decide to check on the galaxy only to find out that all life had been annihilated by the Sith Emperor.

The Emperor senses their presence when they arrive just as they sense his essence spread throughout the galaxy.

Can the godlike trio of Mortis find a way to defeat this galaxy wide dark side deity before Vitiate amped by the entire force in the galaxy erase them from existence?

ILS
Exar Kun comes in and solos.

ares834
They easily stop him.

carthage
Sinus wanking Vitiate and exposing his fanboyism.

Vitiate gets curbstomped

Sinious
Does any of the Ones have any feats or accolades that put them above omnipresent beings?

ares834
And how does being omnipresent (he wouldn't be BTW) help in a fight?

Sinious
He is everywhere at the same time and able to attack them from every existing corner of the galaxy. Besides does omnipresence by itself hint nothing to you regarding power?

By consuming a single planet, he became immortal and stronger than anyone before him. You can imagine how much more powerful he would become by consuming millions of planets.

Originally posted by ares834
(he wouldn't be BTW)

Originally posted by Sinious
Vitiate achieves his ultimate goal with the ritual

ares834
Except he consumes the galaxy, not the universe.

Anyway, the One are fundamentally beyond Vitiate and are universal in level ("tear apart the fabric of the universe"wink rather than merely galactic. So yeah, they stomp him. thumb up

Sinious

Anyway, the One are fundamentally beyond Vitiate and are universal in level ("tear apart the fabric of the universe"wink rather than merely galactic. So yeah, they stomp him. thumb up

You take that quote literally? Seriously? The Son's lightning at best does what? Melt down mountains?

The Father(the strongest one amongst them) is equivalent to full potential Anakin who is Sidious x 2 maybe a bit more.

Imagine how powerful Vitiate is at this point. Just do the math.

Fated Xtasy
Btw, this thread is purely hypothetical, Sinious means that this is full potential(e.g Galaxy! Vitiate) not the weakened Viti.

Also, despite his power, i think Vitiate will lose to the combined power of the ones - which should also include abeloth. stick out tongue

ares834
You take that quote literally? Seriously? The Son's lightning at best does what? Melt down mountains?

The Father(the strongest one amongst them) is equivalent to full potential Anakin who is Sidious x 2 maybe a bit more.

Imagine how powerful Vitiate is at this point. Just do the math.

Sure do. Why would the father lie? After all, these characters are the embodiments of the Force.

And Anakin with full chosen one powers literally changed day into night. Casually too.

Son solo stomps. Daughter solo stomps. Father solo roflstomps.

Sinious
Sure do. Why would the father lie? After all, these characters are the embodiments of the Force.

And Anakin with full chosen one powers literally changed day into night. Casually too.

Son solo stomps. Daughter solo stomps. Father solo roflstomps.

None of these prove that they would stand a chance against him. Vitiate would have reality warping powers at this point. Stuff like melting down mountains and shapeshifting wont even come close.

Most importanly, how would they even kill him? He's everything that exists in the galaxy. He is a being beyond material death at this point tbh.

ares834
Lol at the wank.

Prove he would have reality warping powers.

These being can tear apart the universe a galactic level being isn't beyond them. And guess what, the Ones are beyond "material death" as well. thumb up

Selenial
Lol at the wank.

Sinious
Lol at the wank.

I live to wank.

This version of the character isnt actualized nor does it prove anything about his actual peak incarnation. This thread is created so that people can understand what kind of a ritual Vitiate was trying to pull off.

Again, we know how powerful he became in the force by consuming one planet. Multiply that with a couple millions. Besides, this:

"Lord Scourge reveals the Emperor's true goal for the war: to complete a Sith ritual that will grant him unlimited power and immortality by eradicating all life in the galaxy." -SWTORE

In the Mortis trilogy, we clearly see that they are not beings capable of universal destruction. The Son used simple TK through his hand and martial arts against the jedi. He should've been able to mind dominate Anakin instantly or simply possess him. They are vastly superior to any other kind of force users but at the end of the day, they are individuals who posses power in single bodies. They're facing an enemy that has become everything in the galaxy. How can they compete?

ares834
Again, we know how powerful he became in the force by consuming one planet. Multiply that with a couple millions.

I did. Ridiculously powerful sure. Not reality warping.

Besides, this:

"Lord Scourge's reveals the Emperor's true goal for the war: to complete a Sith ritual that will grant him unlimited power and immortality by eradicating all life in the galaxy." -SWTORE

An in-universe source that is logically incorrect. He is consuming a finite amount of power, he isn't going to become infinite.

In the Mortis trilogy, we clearly see that they are not beings capable of universal destruction. The Son used simple TK through his hand and martial arts against the jedi. He should've been able to mind dominate Anakin instantly or simply possess him. They are vastly superior to any other kind of force users but at the end of the day, they are individuals who posses power in single bodies. They're facing an enemy that has become everything in the galaxy. How can they compete?

I didn't see it. The Jedi were mere gnats to them and they didn't wish to kill them. The Son wants Anakin to serve him and help him escape from Mortis, killing him would be entirely counterproductive to his goals.

They compete by being far more powerful. Universe>Galaxy. thumb up

ILS
LOL The Ones win.

carthage
TOR fans are the worst

Sinious
I did. Ridiculously powerful sure. Not reality warping.

He'd have powers beyond abilities like TK, lightning etc. He isnt gonna have a single body. What are the Ones gonna do to him? What force power can defat a galaxy united by a single consciousness?

Good hype though.

I never said anything about killing. He could've done that with out getting into all that trouble. A simple TP domination would do wonders for the Son. And obviously his TK wasn't all out on the 2 jedi. I meant that his usage of the force isnt beyond physical realm. He applied it like a regular force user.

But you're missing the main point. They're individuals. How will they fight a galaxy wide existence? Do you honestly suggest that the Son could defeat 10 million Vitiates?

ILS
Pretty sure the The Son did mentally dominate Ahsoka when it suited him no expression

He wouldn't have been able to do so against Anakin because of Anakin's status as the Chosen one.

ares834
Sure. The Son is beyond him at a fundamental level. Vitiate is a Sith, a powerful one sure, but still a Sith. The Son is an embodiment of the dark side itself and can only be killed by a dagger than Vitiate will never be able to get.

Even if Vitiate mind and soul is dispersed throughout all living beings in the world, he isn't at the level of the Ones. The Father rules the fulcrum of the Force not just in a galaxy, but the Force itself. Vitiate is way out of his league.

Now mind you, canonically I don't think the Ones actually exist. FotJ ****ed up there big time, but thankfully that shits gone... But in this hypothetical matchup where these character physically exist within our dimension, yeah it's a bit of a mismatch.

Emperordmb
Now mind you, canonically I don't think the Ones actually exist. FotJ ****ed up there big time, but thankfully that shits gone...
Yeah, now you have StarWars.com confirming their existence thumb up

carthage
Vitiate might have a chance if you give him Darth Bane

ILS
Originally posted by carthage
Vitiate might have a chance if you give him Darth Bane True, true.

Sinious
Originally posted by ILS
He wouldn't have been able to do so against Anakin because of Anakin's status as the Chosen one.

schmoll

Sure. The Son is beyond him at a fundamental level. Vitiate is a Sith, a powerful one sure, but still a Sith. The Son is an embodiment of the dark side itself and can only be killed by a dagger than Vitiate will never be able to get.

Even if Vitiate mind and soul is dispersed throughout all living beings in the world, he isn't at the level of the Ones. The Father rules the fulcrum of the Force not just in a galaxy, but the Force itself. Vitiate is way out of his league.

Now mind you, canonically I don't think the Ones actually exist. FotJ ****ed up there big time, but thankfully that shits gone... But in this hypothetical matchup where these character physically exist within our dimension, yeah it's a bit of a mismatch.

Do you really think he'd still be a sith after the ritual? Even as the Emperor, this was debatable.

Not dispersed, he will be them literally. He will contain their energies and summon them as he pleases.

Yet Anakin could replace the Father. Could Anakin rise to becoming the master of the universe from being a jedi? He should'e surpassed Yoda and Sidious after a few years of training if that were the case. Obviously, they are much more comparable to ordinary force users than you'd like to admit.

Again, they were individual force users who apply a similar usage of the force to the jedi and the sith. The only difference is, they are much more powerful. Vitiate on the other hand, is an entire different level of existence at this point. If you're saying that Vitiate x 10 million can't defeat the Ones, lets end this discussion now.

ares834
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah, now you have StarWars.com confirming their existence thumb up

Not really. I'm talking physical existence here. The Mortis entry presented the "planet" as being in a higher reality. The only way those episodes make any real sense is if they are manifestations of the force similar to Vader on Dagobah. And thankfully, the databanks neither confirm or deny such an interpretation.

ares834
If you're saying that Vitiate x 10 million can't defeat the Ones, lets end this discussion now.

Nope he can't.

The Merchant
The Father said if the Son/Daughter fought outside of Mortis it will destroy the fabric of the Universe. I don't see why he would lie or exaggerate that statement.

DARTH POWER
Not really. I'm talking physical existence here. The Mortis entry presented the "planet" as being in a higher reality. The only way those episodes make any real sense is if they are manifestations of the force similar to Vader on Dagobah. And thankfully, the databanks neither confirm or deny such an interpretation.

That's possible.

Sam Witwer who played The Son is of the opinion that if The Son had left Mortis with Anakin then when they left The Son would have existed as part of Anakin (that would have resulted in one Bad Ass villain).

Which would make sense out of why The Son wanted Anakin to join him.

DARTH POWER
Does any of the Ones have any feats or accolades that put them above omnipresent beings?

Really doesn't matter how much power in the Dark Side Vitiate amasses when the Son is an Embodiment of the Dark Side itself:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/son

"The Son was an embodiment of the dark side of the Force"

Arhael
Made a thread with assumption of what would happen, had ritual been completed. Demands proof that other characters can defeat him. http://www.agetec.org/debate/wp-content/facepalm-smiley-gif-544.gif

The_Tempest
Good to see ares & DP have this in the bag.

Revanchiste
Vitiate = WTice the zone in madnezz !!!!!!!!The one cruzhing hiz dream...

The zon zeize an opportunity to kill the daughter and weaken hiz father...

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Good to see ares & DP have this in the bag.
They will be in the bag soon, humor intended.

Explain the difference between a Sith and a practitioner of the dark side.

Also;

The Emperor is more than a man - he is the living embodiment of the dark side.*

&

He was a living embodiment of the dark side of the Force who delighted in destroying the minds and spirits of those Jedi who came too close to him.*

Satisfied?

You don't get it.

Emperor Vitiate would become all-powerful after completing his ultimate ritual.

Emperor's Wrath stated that Emperor would surpass the combined might of every Jedi and Sith that have existed in history and then some, should he succeed in his ultimate plan.

The Ones are ancient beings in both Canon and Legends.

---

&

Originally posted by The Merchant
The Father said if the Son/Daughter fought outside of Mortis it will destroy the fabric of the Universe. I don't see why he would lie or exaggerate that statement.
Abeloth didn't manage to tear the fabric of the universe apart after she was free from imprisonment.

Abeloth was so powerful that The Ones trapped her in the MAW with special devices with aid of Killicks to prevent her escape and fled to realm of Mortis.

Father's statement sounds like manipulation attempt. He had an agenda: he was looking for a suitable replacement for himself to keep Son and Daughter under check because he was in decline and would have eventually perished at sometime.

--- --- ---

*Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

Revanchiste
Twice*

The problem iz that Vitiate in thiz ztat became the univerzal god of hiz own univerze...

And the zon and Vitiate will certainly ally temporatly...

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

&

He was a living embodiment of the dark side of the Force who delighted in destroying the minds and spirits of those Jedi who came too close to him.*

Satisfied?

Of course living embodiment isn't as good as being the total embodiment of the dark side which is what The Son was.

Living embodiment will no doubt be referring to all the mortal practitioners of the dark side.

The Force-Wielders (canonical name for The Ones) were confirmed by TCW Narrator to be more powerful than any Force user ever Iirc. But I'll have to go back and check the exact wording. But The Father did explain that they can manipulate the Force like no other which forced them to withdraw from the temporal world.

Sinious
SW_Legend destroyed.

Anakin full potential wouldn't even come close to destroying the fabric of the universe and he was the Father's equal.

Put 5 Sidious' up against the Father and he is done. Put 10 million Vitiate's against him, and there won't even be a fight.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Of course living embodiment isn't as good as being the total embodiment of the dark side which is what The Son was.

Living embodiment will no doubt be referring to all the mortal practitioners of the dark side.

The Force-Wielders (canonical name for The Ones) were confirmed by TCW Narrator to be more powerful than any Force user ever Iirc. But I'll have to go back and check the exact wording. But The Father did explain that they can manipulate the Force like no other which forced them to withdraw from the temporal world.
Emperor Vitiate is also stated to be an almost god-like being.

If The Ones do no count as living beings, how come Father was dying? Only living beings die.

The term Force-Wielder have been used interchangeably for Force-user in the mythos. This happened in Star Wars: The Complete Encyclopedia.

I am aware of the fact that The Ones have been promoted as he most powerful Force-users of the mythos. However, tension exists in Legends continuity of the mythos.

ares834

&

Satisfied?

Nope. An in-universe source that is blatantly false doesn't satisfy me.

Emperor Vitiate would become all-powerful after completing his ultimate ritual.

Proof? I want concrete proof not speculation by an in-universe source. Hell, IIRC, the ones are stated to be all powerful in the Book of Sith. But you don't see me running around using that as evidence.

Father's statement sounds like manipulation attempt. He had an agenda: he was looking for a suitable replacement for himself to keep Son and Daughter under check because he was in decline and would have eventually perished at sometime.

Because the Father is such a dastardly character am I right? But considering these characters are literally embodiments of the Force and rule over a planet that is the Fulcrum of the Force on an universal scale, I'm inclined to believe him.

DARTH POWER

If The Ones do no count as living beings, how come Father was dying? Only living beings die.

The term Force-Wielder have been used interchangeably for Force-user in the mythos. This happened in Star Wars: The Complete Encyclopedia.

I am aware of the fact that The Ones have been promoted as he most powerful Force-users of the mythos. However, tension exists in Legends continuity of the mythos.

They were in a completely different category to Living Mortal beings.

There's really nothing to debate here because The Son being the embodiment of the Dark Side of the Force means that Vitatie gaining power will just power up The Son as well.

You should also note that the Sith had suddenly gained power with the Daughter's death because the balance of the force had completely shifted.

DarthAnt66
Just to throw it in, Drew referred to Revan and Bane as "all-powerful." wink

S_W_LeGenD
Nope. An in-universe source that is blatantly false doesn't satisfy me.
Blatantly false? You decide which source is correct or not now?

Also, most of the content in Star Wars is in-universe FYI.

Proof? I want concrete proof not speculation by an in-universe source. Hell, IIRC, the ones are stated to be all powerful in the Book of Sith. But you don't see me running around using that as evidence.
I personally regard all of the "most powerful" as a league of elite. However, fans continue to choose sides as they please.

Because the Father is such a dastardly character am I right? But considering these characters are literally embodiments of the Force and rule over a planet that is the Fulcrum of the Force on an universal scale, I'm inclined to believe him.
What do you mean by Fulcrum of the Force?

S_W_LeGenD
They were in a completely different category to Living Mortal beings.
Emperor Vitiate is not a mortal. I thought this was common knowledge.

There's really nothing to debate here because The Son being the embodiment of the Dark Side of the Force means that Vitatie gaining power will just power up The Son as well.
Do you define canon? No.

Star Wars have conflicting school of thoughts concerning most powerful in the mythos. BioWare wanks ancients and Lucas lickers hype his creations.

You should also note that the Sith had suddenly gained power with the Daughter's death because the balance of the force had completely shifted.
Provide evidence.

I recall Darth Plaguies and Darth Sidious using their combined might to disturb the balance of the Force with a prolonged ritual designed to achieve this objective.

DARTH POWER
Emperor Vitiate is not a mortal. I thought this was common knowledge.

Are you claiming he's a Force god Like The Ones?

DARTH POWER

Do you define canon? No.

No but TCW does as confirmed by Disney's Lucasfilm.

S_W_LeGenD
Are you claiming he's a Force god Like The Ones?
They are hyped as god-like beings. They are not omnipotent and all-powerful if this is what you are trying to imply.

Emperor have comparable hype in legends. You have a problem with this?

S_W_LeGenD
No but TCW does as confirmed by Disney's Lucasfilm.
We are discussing Legends. Emperor does not exists in canon.

DarthAnt66
BTW, this is Vitiate after consuming the galaxy. Him being above Mortis is pretty likely-to-obvious.

DARTH POWER

Provide evidence.

I recall Darth Plaguies and Darth Sidious using their combined might to disturb the balance of the Force with a prolonged ritual designed to achieve this objective.

It was said by in the episode when The Daughter died erm

Yeah the difference being what it takes 2 of the Most Powerful Sith Lords in history to accomplish through a prolonged ritual, The Ones achieve by their mere existence.

S_W_LeGenD
It was said by in the episode when The Daughter died erm
You shouldn't have trouble providing evidence then.

Yeah the difference being what it takes 2 of the Most Powerful Sith Lords in history to accomplish through a prolonged ritual, The Ones achieve by their mere existence.
2 of the most powerful? Riiiiiiiiiight.

Anyways, you are missing the point. If Father was really maintaining the balance of the Force on cosmic level and was as powerful as you are trying to imply, he wouldn't have trouble preventing imbalance from the referred Sith Lords.

Care to elaborate what went wrong and why the imbalance occurred?

Revanchiste

In plagueiz novel it'z ztaten than Vitiate died but we don't know how... And their dead cauez by a dague wich ame to have the zame power than plagueiz have...

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Revanchiste
In plagueiz novel it'z ztaten than Vitiate died but we don't know how... And their dead cauez by a dague wich ame to have the zame power than plagueiz have...
This novel doesn't confirms death of Emperor. Some editors of Wookieepedia are idiots and tend to make shit up.

Sinious
This novel doesn't confirms death of Emperor. Some editors of Wookieepedia are idiots and tend to make shit up.

It says he died around 67 BBY big grin

NewGuy01
The novel does confirm his death. Plagueis mentions that Vitiate came closer than anyone else to immortality, but ultimately failed.

S_W_LeGenD
It says he died around 67 BBY big grin
This is FANON.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
The novel does confirm his death. Plagueis mentions that Vitiate came closer than anyone else to immortality, but ultimately failed.
This is not confirmation of death.

The novel simply represents the POV of Darth Plagueis concerning accomplishments of some dark side practitioners that have existed much earlier in history and fate of Emperor Vitiate. This is not actual confirmation because Darth Plagueis could be wrong.

Sinious
This is FANON.

Obviously

Revanchiste
In anayway he have achieve the ritual.... Zo that dozen't matter he cannot die anymore.

In Plagueiz could be wrong but there iz no manizfeztation of him over here perharpz he goez warhammer 40K coz there iz only war and war feed the emperor.And it woz better 4 'im.

Or hiz zpiritual ezzence get weaker and weaker.... Be banned in an other world or ztop to exizt...

Selenial
This is FANON.

Do you define canon? No.

Selenial
2 of the most powerful? Riiiiiiiiiight.

You already conceded that Sidious > Vitiate, and Plageuis is "the most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived"

Thou art mad.

Nephthys
What the hell are you thinking Legend, that Vitiate is still alive up to the PT? Of course he's fricking dead. erm

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Selenial
"the most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived"
That's less canon then Drew's emails. erm

Selenial
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
That's less canon then Drew's emails. erm

Shhhh.

He's getting mad tho.

S_W_LeGenD
@Selenial

I haven't conceded on that and I am not being mad, just having a casual conversation.

I actually recognize the official tension between "school of thoughts" that have defined Star Wars lore in the matters of most powerful characters. I believe that we have a league of elites. Most of the fans choose, I remain nuetral.

As for Emperor's fate:

Originally posted by Nephthys
What the hell are you thinking Legend, that Vitiate is still alive up to the PT? Of course he's fricking dead. erm
My point is that the referred novel doesn't confirms Emperor's demise.

BioWare (will) decide about this matter.

Oneness
Galactic Tenebrae would be an anomaly that'd already absorbed the energies of Mortis in the form of all life in the galaxy, which had the same Force energy that Mortis embodied flowing through it.

Through the highest level of dark side ritualistic/alchemical amplification we've seen in the mythos: Tenebrae was already above the likes of Gethzerion (corrupt master of Aryan Magick, dropping a hundred storm troopers with a hand gesture), life-manipulating Plagueis in his wildest dreams at any level he would have ever achieved through corrupting the Force, Nihilus in that Tenebrae was more skillful in the dark arts as well as equally powerful, Bane with orbalisks, TFA Luke, and was an anomaly of unnaturally accumulated energies. Still not sure if any of these beings were necessarily below the Ones.

When THoT defeated Tenebrae he was in a weakened state, so was THoT but THoT got a light-side amp for his selflessness in that battle and Tenebrae received no such amp and remained weakened throughout the fight. Hell, the Jedi Exile just about got Tenebrae by surprise. Tenebrae gave away much of his power on corruption. Corruption also gave him power but the energies that he embodied were splintered all the time. They'd be far more spread about in a Galactic Tenebrae because of the subjects he'd raise utilizing dimensional energies.

The Celestials created the Force because that galaxy needed it to stay together, they left their dimensional technologies behind, the only ones who stayed in for arbitrage were the "Overlords", Celestials granted with astronomical access to Force energy. However, Mortis was the Force, it had all the energy in the galaxy, not the Ones themselves.

Perhaps Naga Sadow had the most energy we've seen in the mythos through his amplification crystals. Naga Sadow when harnessing the energy of amplification crystals aboard his capital ship (dude could rip cores from stars)

However, the Kaiburr crystal gave Vader and Luke that sort of cosmic power over the Force, perhaps Anakin channeling energy directly from Mortis is the closest thing we've seen to Galactic Tenebrae, still not on the same level IMO.

Oneness
After Tenebrae's planned ritual, two of the Overlords on Mortis would have vanished as Tenebrae had become a dark side entity, only Son would have enough energy to thrive there - all those creatures would become corrupted by dark side energies.

Son and Tenebrae would have a Force bond, peers in a symbiotic relationship.

If some humanoid Light Side Sage were to find a way to annihilate all evil influence on the galaxy, using his powers and the powers of other light side sages (Force harmony) to create some sort of galactic Utopia, then only Daughter would remain on Mortis.

McP
I agree with Ares834, that any member of The Ones can stomp Vitiate in a solo fight.
And I agree with Carthage, that TOR fanboys are the worst.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Selenial
You already conceded that Sidious > Vitiate, and Plageuis is "the most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived"

Thou art mad.

Thiz iz an other Vitiate far more zuperior to zidiouz and plagueiz himzelf.... Thiz Vitate never exizted... Becauz he never reach hiz goal....

Revanchiste
Onenezz That'z right.

But I didn't know if the argument of abzorbing mortiz energy waz really true... Becauz in ToR univerze I don't think than they conzider mortiz az a "canon thing/matter."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.